0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider warriorpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2864 2 years ago

My Hot Wheels arriving tomorrow - so excited. Not my first pinball (have a TAF and JP Prem) - any suggestions after unboxing?

#2869 2 years ago

Unboxed my Hot Wheels tonight. Instant like - so fun, so much to do, great callouts on game what to do. Hate to say it - shots feel better and more fun than my JP Prem.

#2871 2 years ago

Love playing HW - I have noticed a constant "chirping" sound while the game is on. almost like a hard drive that is constantly being read - any ideas?

#2873 2 years ago

100% sure it has nothing to do with game sound as it's chirping when the game is silent / not being played.

99% sure it's coming from the power supply.

It is plugged in to the same outlet as 2 other machines (those were turned off and still makes the sound)).

Quoted from pinball2020:

Glad you like the game but I don't know what that could be. To help Dave and the AP team:
* Is it on all the time? YES
* Does it start at a certain point in the game? NO
* Same volume? YES
* Have you turned up the volume to see if the chirping gets louder along with everything else? YES. NO AFFECT
* Same question turning down the volume? YES, NO AFFECT
* Not plugged in with any other high voltage equipment etc right? (Just asking). PLUGGED IN WITH TWO OTHER PINBALL GAMES
* Does it sound like it comes from a certain part of the cabinet? SEEMS TO COME FROM THE POWER SUPPLY
* Might it be an electronic sound effect similar to at the beginning news introduction where it sounds like some of the sounds from "Dialed In" a bit with the electronic modem-ish sounds? NOT A SOUND EFFECT, CONSTANT WHEN GAME IS NOT BEING PLAYED
Good luck!

#2874 2 years ago

Got my Topper and Pin Stadiums installed - makes an amazing machine even better.

The Topper is simple but really is cool with changing LEDs (and only $80). Can be found in the Pinside Market.
DA18B6BD-292A-4721-B6D4-8A5CC60D6045 (resized).jpegDA18B6BD-292A-4721-B6D4-8A5CC60D6045 (resized).jpeg

#2875 2 years ago

Any ideas on the chirping from the power supply?

3 months later
#3169 2 years ago

Why Pinside ratings suck - Hot Wheels at 59, Centaur at 57. Centaur sucks - you could not pay me enough to have Centaur in my lineup (I rented it for 3 months). How Centaur could be rated ahead of Hot Wheels is mind boggling...

4 months later
#3454 2 years ago

Such an accurate review!

Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Hot Wheels is a very friendly family game that is silly and loads of fun. My wife doesn’t play it, but she did not object to the theme. The game is so awesome on so many levels. The shots are tight, but not frustrating like other games. The best part about the game is that it is super easy to understand the rules and my mind always changes what I want to go for. Sometimes I just want to do the race. Other times I go for battle modes. Then I switch my focus and try to raise the gears by hitting the RPM targets to build up the tachometer which results in Redline Mania which never gets old. The game is so awesome and it is my only pin in my house. And I play it constantly. It is super tough to get through all battles to face Draven. The other great thing about the game is there are so many unique multiballs. Loop crash is my favorite trying to hit the ball off the magnet emulating Criss Cross Crash. Victory in a race is so fun trying to hit all the shots if you make it to the checkered flag and it is timed to try to get the fastest time which can get highly addictive. Track Multiball is easy to start at first but then it gets tougher because you have to get more pieces to build the track. The game is coded so well and it also has co-op mode. If I had a choice which game is more fun I would have to say Hot Wheels over Mandalorian. I was on the fence too and for the value, level of craftsmanship, and enticing gameplay you can’t go wrong with an American Pinball Hot Wheels to add to your collection. And on top of that, I am the only person who has Hot Wheels in my area with eight people who already have Godzilla. My main reason to get an American Pinball game was I was impressed with their customer service, the art work was awesome, and the value and price point you can’t beat compared to other pinball companies. The game is built like a tank and the light show is mesmerizing without the cost of a boutique game. If you want to talk more about the game or have questions feel free to PM me on Pinside.

2 months later
#3604 1 year ago

My RPM lights are not working - any suggestions to troubleshoot?

#3619 1 year ago

The RPM connector did come off. However, I reattached it and my RPM lights still do not work.

Quoted from JagDaniels:

Check the connector first, it sometimes get loose...

Here is a good video from dave.

#3621 1 year ago

I did contact support, they were great as usual - when I go to take pictures of the connector, I discover my amateur error of being off by one on the pins when I re-connected.

Also - I have the Pinstadium Neo lights on my Hot Wheels, they are spectacular (I know, they are pricey).

Quoted from Weazel:

Contact Dave brenna98 or he will contact you to troubleshoot.
Also go to the AP website and log a "service ticket" report.
Support, Request Service.

Quoted from Weazel:

Contact Dave brenna98 or he will contact you to troubleshoot.
Also go to the AP website and log a "service ticket" report.
Support, Request Service.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider warriorpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=warriorpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.