20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

As many of you know at last weeks Amusement Expo International in New Orleans, Hot Wheels Pinball machine made an appearance. We know this caught many of you by surprise as APIs past reveals were at pinball shows. As we are committed to growing pinball on location, this was an important audience to promote to that Pinball is alive and well. We had plans to have a big reveal at the Texas Pinball Festival, and while it was probably not realistic, we were hoping to keep things on the down low so as not take away from our TPF reveal, but this was a show pinball needed to be at and we felt it was important to have Hot Wheels™ there.

I’m sure you have noticed we have been slow to reveal details of the game, and there are a couple of reasons for that. First, we planned to have the official reveal at the Texas Pinball Festival (TPF) and for a while we wanted to hold back until then, second, given this is a licensed game, we needed to have all the necessary approvals before we could share content. While we have approvals for the physical machine, cabinet, art and playfield, we are still in the process of submitting game content (animations, voice calls, etc.). Since the playfield and cabinet have been approved we can share images of the machine at this time.

We are very disappointed we will not be able to give the game the reveal we had planned at TPF, we had a lot of cool stuff planned. In addition to a dozen games in our both, we had plans to include two life size Hot Wheels™ cars and a giant Hot Wheels™ track for kids and adults to play with.

Unfortunately TPF is not the only show that has been or will be cancelled, and since we won't be able to offer 'show specials' over the next couple of months, we are going to offer everyone a 'virtual show special'. For a limited time, all games leaving the factory, including Oktoberfest and Houdini, will include a shaker motor. Details will be posted soon on our website.

Obviously we have seen the various comments on pinside and elsewhere and we find some of the conjecture to be quite humorous. Now while we can't comment or respond to everything that has been posted, either for sake of brevity or things we are not yet able to talk about, we did want to provide clarity on a few things that have been brought up.

---

1) Whats with the offset monitor?

Despite some suggesting we did that since we had to fit it into the provided art, I can tell you that is not even remotely close to the truth. It has been our goal to integrate the game display into the backglass when possible, in this case as a jumbotron or digital billboard. The team also felt we could do more with the backglass if we could create a larger canvas for our artist. We did testing of playing the game with the offset monitor and found that it takes very little time to adjust to the different position. After a game or two you don't think about it being offset. And we do believe that the larger canvas allows the theme of the game to come through, even when the machine is turned off.

--

2) What's with the dinosaurs?

Thankfully there are still toys in the world that encourage kids to use their imagination. And over the years Hot Wheels™ has expanded its' universe to include playsets that allow kids to explore different worlds with their Hot Wheels™ cars. Using your car to battle dinosaurs, gorillas, sharks and other creatures is the norm for many kids now playing with Hot Wheels™. Given our goal was to capture all the different aspects of Hot Wheels™, collecting, track building, racing, the stuff may of us grew up up with, we also felt creature battles should be a part of it.

--

3) What's with the spinning car?

Without context it easy to see how the spinning car seems a bit out of place. The car does respond to what is happening in the game. And while I won't go into a lot of detail on that in this first post, I will say that we are still adjusting how it is used in game play, regardless, there are settings to control how much it is used, a little, a lot or none at all. So for those who really don't like it, you can just turn it off. I will say that when you actually play the machine, it is not as distracting as it might look watching a cell phone camera video of game play, and it can be quite helpful in knowing when the tach value is dropping -- you will soon learn why this is important.

--

4) What's the price?

Each of our games has been priced, based on what is in the game. Hot Wheels™ has a lower price than either of our first two games, with an MSRP of $6,295. This price reflects that the game has a little less in it feature wise. Also, as I indicated above, we want to grow location play and operators need a game at a price that works for them, so it was our goal on this machine to make it a little lower priced to better serve operators and to get more pinball on location. Given what is going on right now, there is little doubt that collectors won't mind paying a little less for a great new game.

Even with this lower price, the game is still loaded. Multiple ramps, drops targets, a vuk with loop ramp, a front facing kicker, staggered stand-up targets, real direct printed backglass and tons more. The game is 100% RGB LEDs for inserts and general illumination, using over 140 LEDs, including multiple LEDs in arrow inserts to allow better illumination and lighting effects. Cabinet inside art is included, the first of its kind, 3D Lenticular backpanel is included, art on the front of the apron included, powder coated rails included, and as mentioned above, for a limited time, the shaker motor is included. Oh, and the rules are designed to give you a lot of different objectives to pursue, which will keep this game challenging and entertaining for a long time.

--

5) What's with the stop motion animation?

Mattel has created a youtube series called Hot Wheels City™ and when we watched it, it just grabbed us. We loved the world they created and just watching it makes you smile. It is about having fun and that is what pinball is supposed to be about, so after much discussion, we decided that we wanted that to be part of the game and our friends at Mattel were willing to let us do so. You will see we mix that bit with some other animations that we feel better capture other aspects of Hot Wheels™ that some of us grew up with, such as track building and car collecting.

This is already getting to be pretty long for a post, so I'll wrap it up here and Ferret and I will share more details soon.

full_machine (resized).pngfull_machine (resized).pngplayfield (resized).pngplayfield (resized).png

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

@rosh just curious why you didn’t put a loop the loop in? Was it for design reasons? Practicality or something else?

Quoted from vdojaq:

I might be able to answer this? When I was a kid, I had just about every Hot Wheels contraption there was. I would go to neighborhood garage sales on my bicycle and buy any hot wheels track I could. Always, in every set up, a loop the loop or two, or three had to be involved. What I found out is that if the loop was too tight, the car would always come off the track. If the loops were too big, there wasn't enough centrifugal force to hold them on the track. My guess is between the playfield and the glass, there just wasn't enough room to make a proper loop to work without taking up too much space. The game would have been a one trick pony. Possibly a wire form cork-screw loop could have worked, but that is more roller coaster than it is Hot Wheels.
Again, rosh

We obviously looked at putting a loop d loop in the game. Joe Balcer spent a lot of time trying to figure out a way to make it work. @vdojaq is very much on track. The size of the loop is pretty key, although does not have to be as big as a hot wheels loop, but it has to be big enough to work and to look right, and it does take up more space than you would think. Given the height requirements it has to go in the back portion of the machine, but then you have issues with flipper strength, so then you look at other ways to do fire the ball through hit, but then it is not a shot, it is gimmick, and then you find even trying to make that fit, it totally messes up the flow and speed of the game -- which was a priority. Also keep in mind, when a ball does not make it around it can end up in all sorts of places, airballs are not the friend of operators, so that was a consideration as well. There were other factors as well, so it was disappointing to all of us, but the best course of action was to not include it.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:When is this shipping?

Obviously the whole world has been turned upside down. Our plan has been to start shipping games to distributors, for their show rooms and shows (not that there are going to be any of those for a while), the first week of April. Customer games would then start to ship two weeks after that. Normally those would be targeted for locations, but hard to know how that might be adjusted.

Now keep in mind, while we inventory a huge percentage of the parts, there are some parts that we get on a "Just In Time" basis. So, while right now things are on track, we could seee things outside our control mess with that.

As previous mentioned, we are still submitting content to Mattel for approval. They have been great to work with, and usually very quick to respond, but very hard to know how the virus is going to impact their operations and work flow.

As you can see, games are rolling down the line . . .

IMG_4751 2 (resized).JPGIMG_4751 2 (resized).JPG

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Now I will have to hope that we can see it at SFGE this summer

Now that it is a summer show, I guess there is a shot. Hard for anyone to predict what will happen between now and then. I know we have a couple of great distributors who do that show, so if it happens, I'm sure we will have games there. I've been to that show two of the last three years and it is one of my favorites -- part of that is my love of Taco Mac's buffalo wings, having survived on those back in college. Just to show how old I am, back then we could get 50 wings delivered, for $9.99, of course wings were not nearly as popular then as they are now.

#49 4 years ago

Thanks for all the comments and questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Quoted from freddy:

I’ve got plenty of vintage hot wheels and they hold the test of time .

Not sure the newer ones are quite as robust as the old ones, but at $1 piece . . .

What I worth noting on this, is that the cars that are mounted in the game are done so with a click-lock type of velcro. This will allow you to easily swap out any of the cars in the game for ones in your collections or that you like. This was one of Balcer ideas from the start. Also, you will only find Hot Wheels originals in the game, as any thing else would require a separate license.

Quoted from LTG:

Me too. TPF would have been my only show this year. So I look forward to some video or streams or something.

Is that the new building ? Hard to tell. The original building is impressive too.
LTG : )

This is the old building, I guess impressive from the standpoint of how we squeezed everything in to be able to build machines. The line is being set up at the new location, but not sure how much the virus is impacting that, I've been juggling a million things and have not taken a trip out there to see. We have been moving stuff over there for a couple of weeks now, but not sure when they will make the big switch. I'm sure almost everyone will be happy when we move, things have been cramped here for a long time. I say 'almost' since for a few folks it will be a big change in commute time (for me it will be cut more than half)

Quoted from Viggin900:

Can you post a flyer in hi res if there is one? Maybe the game card on the apron? I am curious about the rules, car collecting, and dinosaur battles etc. The only stuff I have seen so far is the machine. Thanks!

I did upload the flyer yesterday, so it should be not he machine page. However, they do reduce the resolution I think on uploads.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I frankly did not enjoy playing Houdini, have yet to play an Oktoberfest, but my family is mildly interested in this title.

Not every game is for everyone. Those who have played Houdini and Oktoberfest know they are very, very different games and Hot Wheels™ is very different from both of those and obviously was designed with families in mind. Our focus was not only to create a fast and flowing game, but a rule set that is very friendly to novices, with achievable goals that can be quite satisfying, but there are then the more challenging objectives for the enthusiast and advanced player.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Have you announced a streaming event, promotional video, or any other official footage of the game in action? I'd love to see a well produced video with the design team explaining the game, design considerations, features and rules, etc...

We have not announced an event yet, but we are actively working on a few things to show off the game and talk about design, rules, features, etc. These were things we were originally planning for after TPF, so, we have had to adjust our plans. Also, as I've said previously, we are still submitting content to Mattel for approval, so that is factor in our timing. I would suspect that sometime next week I will have an update on when some of these things will be occurring.

I do want to mention that the machine that was at AEI had almost none of the music and basically no voice calls or SFX.

I'll post a high level overview of the rules shortly.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Please post a good gameplay video that’s what we all are looking for

We are working on it, but will be at least another week before we can share something. We are still working on content that I'll have to submit for approval.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I am hoping the wizard mode is to battle the castrated monkey!

Some might say the monkey has now morphed into a very angry gorilla

Quoted from delt31:

In this day and age, not sure how it would have been possible to keep that public display of Hot Wheels on the DL before TPF (and therefore regardless of the cancellation, caused confusion and appeared to be a missed opp since it was effectively unveiled to us via cell phone footage at that car show) - but AP is a company I'm really interested in supporting. Always appreciate rosh transparency and communication on these boards. Decisions they make still puzzle me and from what I've seen, this is likely not the game for me BUT I really hope it's successful.

The show the game was at, AEI, is not a car show, it is one of the two biggest coin op shows held in the USA (Stern, CGC were both there as well). While we would have liked to have held off showing Hot Wheels™ until TPF, missing that show would have been quite the mistake relative to marketing this game to customers outside the collector community.

Along those lines I'd like to clarify a few things. I've said we designed this game to be appealing to operators and location play. We have heard from many of you that our games are not at enough locations. We talked to operators, family entertainment centers, etc. to understand what we could do to make pinball appealing for them and we incorporated those things into this design and pricing. Having said that, we never said we did not design the game with collectors in mind as well. The design from the layout to the rules was done to create a game that can be a great experience for a novice on location, easy for an operator to maintain, but also be a great game for collectors and players. When you all finally get to play it, you will experience this for yourselves. The machine might have a little less bling, but it has it where it counts, a great shooter with a fun, entertaining and challenging rule set. Most people around here understand that judging a game by crappy cell phone footage is foolish at best, so I get the frustration of wanting high quality game play footage, especially since there is no way to touch the flipper buttons yet, which is obviously the best way to get to know a machine. As soon as we can post quality game play footage we will, and as soon as we can figure out how to get people to play it, we will.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

What did you guys do to piss off Kaneda? He hasn't gone this hard at anyone since Heighway pinball.

I stop listening quite a while ago. His interviews could be interesting and informative, but his rants are just off the wall, as 95% of it is just so negative and so often he really does not know what he is talking about, although he certainly thinks he does. I really wonder at times if he actually likes pinball, since he spends so much of his energy tearing it down. If he is going hard on us, not sure why, he obviously has an unhealthy need for attention, which means putting out lots of podcasts and saying outrageous things, and I guess with not much else to talk about right now, and probably stuck at home, we are the target of month. I think most who listen to him, do it for the entertainment value of a 'shock jock', and understand that most of what he says is void of facts or truth. I'm sure he will read this, so I imagine his next podcast will be another attack on us or me, but will probably be entertaining for those who listen. Regardless of what might happen with the TWIPYS, there are so many better podcasts out there to listen to.

#81 4 years ago

TigerLaw sorry, did not know there were rules around this. Happy to change the title, assuming I can figure out how. Wanted to start a thread so that folks reading it can spot the posts from me.

#87 4 years ago

You guys asked, so here is an overview of the rules.

First, let me say we looked at all the ways you play with Hot Wheels™ and created game play around each. Each of the objectives areas are tied to "Hero Cars", collect all five Hero Cars and you can become a Hot Wheels™ Legend

Racing -- you start in 13th position (12th place flashing), you need to get to 1st to start Victory Lap Multiball, you can see the race positions/shots on the playfield image. Victory Lap multiball can be incredibly lucrative, if you have the skills to build the super jackpot all the way up before collecting it. The main 'out of mode' sound track is tied to racing, as you advance race positions, the music will advance with you.

Car Collecting -- leads to mystery awards and special modes.

Track Building -- you build increasingly more complex tracks, complete one and you are in Track Multiball. This is the easiest multiball to start, as it only takes four shots to get to it (the first time).

Creature Battles -- These are modes, with each being quite unique. All feature a 'fuel bonus' based on how much is left on the fuel gauge when you defeat the creature. Defeat all four creatures and then you battle the mad scientist Draven.

Loop Crash Multiball -- makes lots of loop shots, to start this Multiball that grabs the ball with the magnets when the super jackpot is ready, better crash that ball before the magnet lets go to collect the super. BTW, the only two MBs you can stack together are Loop Crash with Victory Lap -- but only if you start them at the same time! All MBs can stack with Battles and EPIC features, speaking of which . . .

EPIC Features -- spell EPIC at the lower lanes and then hit Start EPIC, where ramps and/or loops and/or car targets and/or orbits and/or the whole playfield builds up an EPIC jackpot. The more you start together the higher scoring, but the harder to qualify before you can collect, but be sure to collect it before you drain or it will be an EPIC Fail!

The Tachometer -- I've save the most important thing for last. This is very important, but very simple.
The higher the tach, the higher the scoring. This idea of a single feature affecting all scoring was something that Ferret had bouncing around his head for a long time and was a perfect fit for the theme. Scoring on everything is based on the tach.
The higher the tach, the higher the scoring. (just keep repeating that to yourself). The primary way to increase the tach is by shooting the RPM targets, which are the 'stepped' stand-ups right in the middle. If you can redline the tach, well, get ready, because Redline Mania is going to be coming at you (great objective for kids). BTW, there are inserts right by the flippers that show the tach levels (as well as on the display), but the spinning car will be quite helpful in helping you know when the tach is getting low. If you are not making shots, the tach will go down and down and down. If that car is not spinning, your scoring is probably lower than you would want, spinning slow, not bad, but when it is going fast . . .

The tach really adds a great dimension to game play for the enthusiast and for the tournament player who is focused on score. It creates a great risk/reward scenario relative to keeping the tach up, as it requires you to shoot the stepped standup targets that create random action.

Oh, there is also Turbo Boost -- use the pops to build up the boost, once lit, you can trigger it at the kicker, and that will then increase the tach value by 10X for a very brief period of time, so use it wisely.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

You guys kill it with the rules depth.

We try for depth and breadth, where I think the latter is more important for most of us. Having multiple goals and objectives you can go after, different ways to approach the game keeps it interesting vs just some nearly impossible goal to reach. Sure the latter will keep you coming back for more, but, being able to approach the game and say, 'this game, I'm going for Victory Lap Multiball', or 'this game, I'm going to battle creatures and get to Draven' or 'this game, I'm going to be the car collecting king' and then work your way up to 'this game, I WILL be a Hot Wheels™ Legend!!"

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Looks like the "loop" VUK has a bend at the bottom to send the ball down the ramp towards the flipper faster than just dumping it up there like a normal VUK. Cool idea and should help speed up flow, looking forward to seeing the whole thing in action and actually playing it.

Quoted from desertT1:

I actually was very happy to see that. Not because it helps guide the ball along the ramp path, but because it will save that ramp considerably over the long run from getting destroyed by the ball slamming down.

Was done that way for both of those reasons.

And yes, both 'saucers' are blocked by drop targets. They are a controllable drops, so when you see them come down you know you want to shoot there, knocking them will progress your towards either a Creature Battle or Track Multiball.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I saw 4 pop bumpers on a new machine? Exciting!

Sorry, while it looks like 4, only three, the one on the far right is not a pop, just a plastic covering the kicker coil.

the stepped RPM targets are very interesting to shoot and feed into the risk/reward aspect of the RPM targets increasing the tach, which increases all scoring.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

When this does get streamed for the first time can I make a request? single player games for the first handful of games.
When a new game is shown and we got to multiplayer games right away it is harder to follow. You get 4 beginnings and then by ball 2 everyone is at a different level of progress. Makes it really hard to follow. The first stream(s) are a showcase and reveal, not a battle.
I want to see somebody playing the game, shooting shots, and get a feel for what a normal profession to the different aspects might feel like.

Given social distancing and the situation here in Illinois, it is possible first stream is me alone in my basement

#151 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Other than you won't be running around in your shorts or jammies,

too chilly to just be in shorts, so more of Daytime Jammies or Nighttime Jammies issue.

3 weeks later
#175 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I played a lot with hot wheels as a kid. I do not recall them ever making any muscle car sounds.

So what sounds did you make when you were playing them?

Quoted from branlon8:

I rarely played Monopoly by myself, generally there were other players present and I’m pretty sure they were sometimes talking so wouldn’t that qualify?
When playing with my Hot wheels I cannot, however, completely rule out that I might have occasionally made brum brum sounds with my mouth so I guess that would justify having engine sounds on a Hot Wheels pin.

Quoted from BorgDog:

I think it would be awesome if rosh ferret Balcer and the rest of the AP crew all recorded themselves making motor sounds and put that in the game.

Well, there were some of me acting like a kid and making "brum brum" sounds, but thankfully our sound engineer Matt has now given us good "brum brum" sound effects.

1 week later
#182 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Been watching Hot Wheels City on youtube with my son in quarantine, and I gotta say, this game is super tempting. The show is good clean fun. Bright, simple, action-packed, throwback stop-motion animation, and just the right amount of cheesy. Great source material for a pin, especially considering the monster battles. Like most rambunctious little boys, my son loves cars, dinosaurs, giant alligators, etc. Shaping up to be a great family game.

It's a fun watch and you can see why the more we watched the more we saw the potential for it. Hot Wheels City is really well done, with a lot of attention to detail. At this point I have watched all of it multiple times as we slice and dice it for use in the game, well, not the Halloween episode since not much usable content there. I'm actually working on a new mode that I've decided to add to the game after re-watching an episode where the content also did not fit in with the 'creature battle' or 'racing' story, but the content is so good, that I knew I had to find a way to get it in the game.

Yancy, you know with Ferret and I doing rules there is going to be a lot of breadth and lots of ways to approach the game, so it will remain fresh and challenging. Plus who ever gets tired of watching an evil scientist getting crushed by his pet triceratops?

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hot Wheels? Are these shipping yet ?

Production had started prior to the stay-at-home order, once that is lifted production will resume and games will start to ship not longer after.

1 month later
#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does this mean Rosh can come out of his basement now?

I will be soon be emerging from basement, taking a break from final code testing, for two days! Although my daughter has been home from Penn State since spring break, I now have the joy of driving up there to actually get all of her belongings. Sad thing is that I originally planned that when I would go get her, in mid May, I'd be stopping by Helicon and possibly other locations to promote Hot Wheels™.

Quoted from LTG:

He's going to need some sun and get a tan.

Once or twice a day, my wife and I will take the dog for a walk and get some fresh air, but yes, be nice to get some sun.

1 week later
#299 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, weekends are bad for me too. At least on weekday afternoons I'm already parked at a desk. Replay it is!

Nice to know that after getting to play it for it an hour, that you are looking forward to seeing more of it.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can't wait for the Sat stream!!!

Me too! Looking forward to showing it off. Spent the last few days inspecting and testing games that have come off the line, had some great games while play testing, hopefully I play as well tonight when the cameras are on.

Always exciting to see the first machines going into boxes.

IMG_4922 (resized).JPGIMG_4922 (resized).JPG

IMG_4928 (resized).JPGIMG_4928 (resized).JPG

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

When does the stream start? At DeadFlips twitch, right?

yup, Deadflips twitch, 5PM Central Time

#379 3 years ago

94.63%

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Was hoping for more ... it was that far along on Friday.

Well, the code in on that machine was 94.63, dev code is much further along, 95.17.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

that simple lighting "trick" with multiple leds on the arrows can't cost more than a few cents

A LOT more than a few cents, a LOT more. Between the cost for the bright RGB LEDs and the electronics to drive them. Which is why 100% RGB for inserts, GI, back panel is typically a premium thing.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The AP team has said it's about a 50/50 split between assets they were supplied and ones they created.

All the Track building, car collecting, skill shot, match, jackpots, extra ball, hero car awards, redline mania, shoot again, and more were all created by AP.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assume you have to hit all three to advance to the next PF X?

Hitting a flashing letter with give a small increase to RPM and a brief hold before the tach starts to fall, completing the bank that gives a bigger increase and a sight longer hold, before it starts to fall. So, remember it is increasing the value of the tach, which is the value of the shots, but when it is not moving up in value, it is slowly moving back down.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. I like the slow decrease not a start over timer.

Ferret likes to say it is a never ending hurry up. You are hitting RPM targets to build up the shot value, and then you hurry up and make shots, and then before the value falls too far, go back to RPM targets to build it back up.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The skill shot is always set to “3”? Not sure if that changes over time or if this is still being coded?

You always want the three, since that will give you the biggest boost to the tach. We toyed with having the goal be different numbers, but we decided that would make things more complex, as the rev'ing the tach with the left flipper for a multiplier on skill shot added enough 'difficulty'

Quoted from Yelobird:

3. Don’t hear any attract sounds though I think I had that enabled. Only hear speaker crackle of sorts.

There is attract music when the rock band appears in attract, about every 15 minutes, but you will typically hear it in the first attract cycle after boot up and often after a game. No flipper button or other attract sounds, yet.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Still seems like the audio is a bit garbled or distorted and the volume even at 6 is a bit light. Bass is Way strong with the amp but I suspect some of those knobs need to be adjusted. Not my specialty lol. Also curious what the round speaker panel is at the base of the backbox as there are no speakers in there.

You may want to adjust the settings on the amp to your liking. I suggest putting the amps volume close to all the way up, so that the coin doors give you the full range. If bass is too high, the small knob at the top Control lets subwoofer volume. The speakers in the lower shaker panel, that were there for Okto and Houdini were removed. We found that now with the sub, we get solid bass and we felt the extra speakers were expendable. Even without those there are still 5 speakers in the machine.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You sure about that, Josh?

No I'm not sure, I don't check every line of code you check in

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m close to deciding to buy one but am hesitating over concern the game (rules + shots) is too easy. Usually would never buy a pin without playing but that’s tough these days with no shows or locations near me.
I’ve watched some of the streams (plan on watching more this weekend) and the rules seem similar in depth to most modern pins with some exceptions like POTC and JP2.
Can you, Yelobird or others compare to a spectrum of Sterns. For example: Munsters (shallow), Deadpool/BKSOR/IMDN (moderate), or JP2/Simpsons (deep)? My understanding is that the major code elements are already in the game and updates will only polish.
I like some of the side/minor features, but am mainly interested in the breadth and depth of the major scoring opportunities and strategies for a reasonably skilled, C-B Division type, player.

I often like to think about it as breadth vs depth, where I want a lot of different stuff to do, and a lot of variety, but not necessarily layers to get through. This lets you focus on different aspects of the game when you play and/or just have more variety as in the paths you to get through the game to the wizard mode, if that is you goal. Use of the Tach/RPM, shifting gears and Turbo (and we are doing a few tweaks on that right now) are key to finding your strategy if points are you goal, and will take time to figure out.

With Hot Wheels we have talked a lot about accessibility, making it easy to know what to do, letting you get into the game quickly (a MB that is four shots away from the start button), objectives clearly identifiable, so you can quickly start to enjoy the game without having to figure a lot out, but that does not mean the game is not packed with a ton to do and a lot to figure out. When Ferret and I are doing a game, we have so many ideas between us, and we had plenty of other folks in the mix as well, in fact plenty of stuff does not make it in, as the challenge is not about getting enough in the game, it is figuring how best to get them to all to work together in a cohesive and balanced way.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Kind of surprised more hasn’t been said about the 3D rear Playfield image scape.

You can't see it on a stream, nor does the 3d effect come through in photos, so that is something that until you see it . . .

Quoted from Roostking:

What are owners thoughts regarding the off center display. This semed be a concern when announced.

Not a single person who has played it has mentioned it after playing. Once you play the game you realize it does not matter.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The default settings on Houdini were (and IMO still are) too hard.

yes, default settings on Houdini are way too hard, 'easy' is a more appropriate set of values for 90% of players.

Quoted from konjurer:

I have not gotten to yet or doing something I having been able to master like a particular escape or mode (I still can't complete the Bullet Catch).

Beating bullet catch is just a matter of catching X bullets, I forget the number, so, possible you have done it without realizing it? I think milkcan is the toughest to accomplish in single ball play. Metamorphosis also not easy.

#597 3 years ago

Thanks and some quick comments back at you . . .

EPIC battles are underrepresented in this game, where there is a choice of ramps, loops, cars or pops. Once you start epic, there is NO feedback from the game until the mode completes and can be collected.

Next release . . . the shots will be clearly indicated when active.

As for Epic battles, there also are no progress indicators.

The main screen does show this when active, on the right side. It will show many shots remain to qualify that epic feature before you can collect. If multiple epic features are active, all need to be qualified before you can collect he epic jackpot. It also how the current value of the jackpot

epic (resized).pngepic (resized).png

The symbols are hard to decipher what they are.

These have been modified for the next release. By the way that is a 'turbo' icon for the pops as that is how many pop hits until Turbo is lit. All off the icons are countdowns to a feature/mode/MB being qualified

I propose you eliminate carried over progress and always start from zero. The reason is you have a fresh engine and new attempt at skill shot.

If you had the tach way up close to redline, would be a big hit to go all they way back to 0, we drop you down three notches on the tach when you drain. If you then make the 3 on the skill shot, you are back where you were

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I realize there is likely a lot of licensing from the big 3 and VW that limits your use of them.

There are no licensed cars in the game, we actually have had to spend a lot of time ensuring that. Pursuing those licenses was something we determined early on was not the right course, the cost and time involved just could not be justified not when there are so many other cars available to us.

We do have a few enhancements around car collecting planned.

Quoted from RikV:

On a side note, my 5 year old girl loves Hot Wheels and was running in circles when we told her about the new game!

We are certainly hearing from many pinball collectors how this theme has their kids excited, which is great to hear. Have you started the process of selecting which cars to put into the machine?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol Way to get er done! I see an update in your future.

There are certainly Houdini and Oktoberfest updates planned. Although neither Ferret nor I are looking forward to going back to the slow boot up times on those machines vs HW, which boots in about 15 seconds. On the flip side, will be nice to be flipping them.

#662 3 years ago

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Code-update-20.07.01 (resized).pngCode-update-20.07.01 (resized).png

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

New code sounds great, a few tweaks and bug squashes it sounds like. I didn’t see the spinner sound change in the release notes; might have to wait on that one.

Yes, mostly minor enhancements, rule tweaks, improved choreography and bug fixes. We did change volume of the spinner. More changes in the not too distant horizon as we continue to evaluate game play and make changes for scoring balance, add more music and SFX, etc.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

I am really loving the game and just saw there is a code update. After I update with the new code, are there any settings that I should adjust to improve the game.

we try to set the defaults to be what we feel is an good level of challenge for most players. Great players, that I have started to refer to as 'pinball mutants', will typically want to move to 'hard'. I suggest you play at default settings for the first few dozen games then adjust things based on the areas you are finding the most challenging.

We never change any of your settings on a code update, including pricing. Nor do we wipe out high scores. Occasionally we might change a default and will recommend you change your settings after an update, so it is always good to read the release notes. In this case, there is a minor wiring change that some games will need.

You can always see if you are on the default settings, by going into service->settings and look for any in the 'features' or 'standard' sections that are not green. You can also install a 'pre defined set' of settings for 'extra easy', 'easy', 'medium', 'hard' or 'extra hard'. We are continuing to tweak the rules around some of those pre-sets and other settings, and I expect that to continue through the next couple of code releases.

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Figure a way to include Treasure Hunt (TH)

That is the thing about treasure hunt, you never know when and where.

Hot Wheels car wheel storage case holds 30 cars and always has.

I have to disagree on that, they come in many sizes, I think the original rally tire style had 12, then 16 and a few other sizes besides 30. Since they come in almost any size, we ultimately decided to set the cars to a round number that also balanced well with other game objectives.

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Holy smokes ! - I haven't even completed a race yet.
I better re-acess my flippin abilities from average to good, to fair to average. Ha ha

Best laugh I've had in a while.

I'm sure if you focused on the race, you would get through it. You can't advance positions during multiball, so, if you typically focus on battles stacked with Track or Loop Crash multiball, it is then harder to get through the race.

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Woohoo, just notified that mine shipped! Can't wait to play this

I'm not at the factory often these days, as I am still working from home and only go in a for a couple of hours a couple of days a week, normally when there are issues they need help troubleshooting. But what can be a highlight is if I am there when games are being loaded up on trucks, knowing those games are going to someone who is chomping at the bit to rip open their new toy like it was Christmas morning. Sometimes I will recognize the name, as someone from this thread, which means it even better, knowing I will soon see their reaction to getting to play it.

#741 3 years ago

I would have been talking about Hot Wheels at Southern Fried Gaming this weekend, instead they are doing a virtual event. I did an interview with them that was recorded a week or two ago that will premiere 3:00PM tomorrow. Don't really remember what we talked about, but pretty sure there was plenty of Hot Wheels talk

Looks like they have a lot of nice content being released throughout the weekend . . .

http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/virtual-sfge-schedule/

#742 3 years ago

oh, and the Northwest Pinball Summer Camp is also this weekend. Ferret and I did some trivia questions for the Ultimate Pinball Game Show which is Sunday night.

They also have some interesting content this weekend . . .

https://www.nwpinballcamp.com

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Watched the LiveCatch Twitch stream featuring rosh the other day and must say it's really great that you take the time to talk about the game in such detail. I also admire your hanging-in-there with all the language translation

Glad you enjoyed it. Marlon was very prepared with his questions. I try not to forget when I am answering that it is going to be loosely translated, and the longer I talk the looser the translation will get. Occasionally I cut short what I am saying to not go too long, and don't quite get to fully answer, but overall I thought it worked.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If updating code, please pay attention to the comment in the release notes about possibly having to move a cable from one connector to another. There’s a Service Bulletin on the API site with the details. If you need to do it, it’s super fast and easy.
Hope all of you that are receiving your machines love the game!

Quoted from Vitty:

As a note, my #47 came with the latest 7.20.1 code in it as well as this update applied from the factory.

I would expect anyone now getting a machine will find it has the wiring change and the latest 20.7.1 code.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yes of course. To me, the value of the forum is to discuss things about the machine so that other owners can comment. That way I don't have to "bother" the vendor until I am confident that I am seeing something broken.
For example one of the things that I had on my list was simply around the ball's ability to get back into the shooter lane. When it happens in single ball play, there is no indication that it happened. You simply get to shoot it again. As I've learned from AP, that's not a bug or anything. That is simply by design. But had I have posted that here I never would have bothered to send that to AP.
That said, to keep everyone updated, AP contacted me on the side and as is their typical awesome service they are helping me with everything. I'll post back as soon as I have a list of things that are more like owner questions/comments.

For those interested, a few issues were due to the, fancy chrome balls he was using, which will magnetize surprisingly fast. We have seen this with two customers with just a few dozen plays.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Loving this game...here is a quick bonus screen code idea... hold left flipper to pause on the cars collected screen, while holding left flipper, use right flipper to scroll through cars putting focus on selected car (displaying its name for instance and making it zoom in a bit). Me and the kids absolutely love the cars and would love an opportunity to check them out.

Quoted from Ferret:

We're not giving a pause feature during bonus for now, but we are now displaying the car names on that bonus screen. And a little farther down the road I'd like to do more in-depth spotlighting of collected cars during attract mode.

Well, in the code on my machine right now, holding the right flipper will freeze the car collecting screen. I put that in while working on the 'car name' feature for the next release and based on doing this, there are a variety of reasons why it is doubtful this feature will remain in the bonus sequence, but we will continue to look at how to best show off the cars.

Quoted from Ferret:

We love the cars too! So grateful to Mattel for giving us ~450 of them that we can feature on the game. (When I asked for "several hundred cars" to feature, I think everyone on the team looked at me like I was crazy.)

Not sure if any one looked at you like you were crazy, more about the challenge to get them and the effort to do so. As you know, took quite a bit of effort and time to get ones that would meet the need, and it is worth noting that when we got those ~450 cars, I did not see you volunteering to spend hours getting those all edited, processed, coded and loaded into the system.

I am curious to see when Mattel executives and employees start to get their games, if they are not seeing their favorite cars will they find us more to put in.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Pop bumpers: the crashiest devices in pinball!

Scoring used to be all about the pops and spinners, so I loved your idea of making that a big focus in Loop CRASH multiball -- of course whenever I get loop/crash, suddenly ever loop shot makes it all the way through vs landing in the pops.

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Loop Crash + Victory Lap + Trex + Tach@7 or more + Boost = Profit

Quoted from Chuckwebster:

guess i don't need to ask about stacking modes now huge score!

ifpapinball is testing some new code, with the score balancing changes, so don't let this score intimidate you. On current production code, this would have only been like 6.5 Billion.

In all seriousness, if you want big scores, take note of the last two items in the list. "Tach@7 or more + boost". Having the tach high when starting MB and during modes is key. Figuring out when to use Boost, (which in next code release is limited to once per gear, with subsequent boosts just boosting the tach), and then hopefully starting it when you want and making good use of it, is certainly key. All of those things, easier said than done (unless you are some pinball mutant, scoring 9 Billion)

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Thanks Lloyd. I am easily confused. Saw ferret worked at American Pinball and that he posts high scores as JOE, so i didn't know if he was Balcer or someone else. I have heard Joe Balcer do interviews on podcasts and I just trying to reconcile some of the industry people whose names I know, with pinside posters.
I don't want to think that ferret is Balcer if he isn't and I don't want to ask rosh a question on pinside if I have already heard him answer it on a stream and just didn't put the two together.
I also didn't know if some AP employees were expected as part of their job to be active on community forums or if the people listed as AP or JJP employees were just people that like to interact with the community, but weren't doing so in an official capacity.
I apologize again for my ignorance

Most of those active on pinside from American pinball probably had their pinside names first. I know Joe Schober, who does rules and programming, has been using Ferret for a long time and my nickname Rosh, goes back over 40 years. Oh, my real name is Josh Kugler, and I also do rules and programming as well as few other things.

as LTG mentioned vegas9 is Michael Grant who is sales and marketing and brenna98 is Dave Brennan, our technical service manager.

You won't find Joe Balcer on pinside too often.

We are active here since we all love pinball, we love to talk about our games, to educate, to answer questions and to help owners of our games any way we can.

#889 3 years ago

well, if we are posting photos of things with LTG on it, I can play that game too . . .

IMG_4994 (resized).JPGIMG_4994 (resized).JPG

In all seriousness, LTG is one of the those people that make pinball great. And it is always a highlight getting to talk with Lloyd and shows (and I always appreciate when he cleans our glass). We very much appreciate his participation in this and other American Pinball machine threads.

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

yes, thanks. that part i understood. i just thought i remembered someone saying something about a rev'ing tach on the screen that you tried to time the plunge with to increase the points and tach progress awarded. maybe i'm wrong.

In addition to what Ferret described, you can use the left flipper button to rev the tach and that will act as a multiplier on the skill shot points that are awarded. You want to rev the tach, but not redline it, and release the plunger at the highest point, basically the moment it turns red, but if you are slow, you redline, and get no multiplier. The skill shot screen will then show the multiplier and on the next code release the 'pie slice' will remain flashing so you know where it was when you released the plunger.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

doesnt know for HW (and Houdini), but must admit the knocker is a blast in my OF !

Okto certainly uses it more than either Houdini or HW or possibly any machine ever. Not that we are done with HW, but probably not as many opportunities to use it, as there were in Okto, just based on the themes of the modes.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks! I felt like an idiot hitting track saucer over and over trying to start a battle, then realized it wasn't lit.

Originally all battles would start there, but after shooting the whitewood I felt that was one of the more challenging shots in the game, and wanted it easier for novices to to be able to start battles. In addition Ferret was proposing that battles both start and end at the saucer, so that further pushed into making the track builder a secondary battle saucer for starting and finishing modes. The default setting does require the lower saucer to start the third, four and Draven battles, since if you are getting to those battles, than you are probably move than a novice, so time to step up and make the shot. But as ferret posted, you can always adjust the setting on that. The track builder for starting battles, also makes it a bit easier to stack that with a track MB.

#1019 3 years ago

i turned my flippers up a couple levels and ended up turning them back down- they were too powerful and the ball was flying off the ramps and hits to the standups were acting like slingshots sending the ball airborne. I do feel the flippers get a bit "tired" during intense multiballs. it would be innovative if the machine upped the flipper power a smidge when ever you went into multiball (similar to the way Oktoberfest did when the ramp went down).

Quoted from Ferret:

I like your thinking, chuckwebster ... but maybe the real answer is to have the software turn DOWN the flipper power during multiballs, to prevent them from overheating when they're being fired much more often than usual?

We did that on okto so that the right flipper was not kept so strong all the time, when the ramp was only down part of the time. Having it stronger results in it heating up faster and also makes the near shots a lot deadlier or harder to make it.

Keeping Flippers being overly strong all the time can certainly lead to pre-mature over heating. Increasing the power in MB would probably not help matters, and could actually make it worse, given the far more rapid firing of flippers during MB, which makes Ferret's idea interesting, as it could help keep the strength up in a long multiball, but not sure the upside would be worth the downside..

You want your flippers to be strong enough to make the ramps, to feel solid when you make those shots, but no more than that, since at that point you are just making them work harder and heat up faster, and likely get more airballs, for no real benefit.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

When I am trying to get a race completed as fast as possible I wish I could see my current time on the screen somewhere,
Am I in a minority,is there to much on screen already?

Quoted from Palmer:

Yea there are a few instances I'd like to see info on the display like current race time and possibly a visual countdown for turbo boost.

Not sure during Turbo you have any time to, or even want to be, looking up at the screen There is a lot on screen now, so we do want to be careful about putting more on it. But we will talk about.

We are discussing some ideas around the race, and we will be doing something, but you won't be seeing anything in that regard in the next release. Speaking of which, we are just about ready for the next phase of testing on it and we are looking for a few volunteers who would like to test out the latest code.

Thank you to all who are interested, but we now have enough beta testers

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Maybe not specifically on the display but even a sound cue that lets the player know they only have 3 more seconds before it is exhausted? Also, I hearing electronic beeping sometimes when I am playing. What is that audio cue for?

We will talk about it, and see what might make sense. Just not sure how much that helps you in this case -- do you really need even more pressure to execute during Turbo Boost?

There is a 'beep' when you are low on fuel, we have changed that, since the original one sounded too much like an old tilt sound and was confusing people. However, I don't recall which version is in the current released code.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

5th gear is where it's at!

FYI, this is on beta code where bonus is bigger in general AND gear is now a multiplier on bonus! Oh and fifth gear is just a tiny bit easier to get to it and redline.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Lifted the playfield to install knocker the other day and freaked out because I forgot to remove the balls. Then saw that American Pinball has a guard (like JJP) to keep balls from falling when lifting playfield. Thank you American Pinball.

I do find that when putting it back down often a ball will then escape

#1075 3 years ago

Enjoy . .. .

code_release_hw_20.08.01 (resized).pngcode_release_hw_20.08.01 (resized).png

CHANGE LOG

NEW -- added adjustments for "Boost Scoring Tach Advance" and "Boost Scoring Ready Memory" (under Settings > Game Features).
NEW -- added adjustment for "Loop Multiball Super Jackpot Timer" (under Settings > Game Features).
NEW -- added adjustment for "General Illumination Brightness" (under Settings > Standard). This allows playfield inserts and GI brightness to be adjusted separately.
NEW -- added several new pricing plans, improve token handling.
NEW -- added on-screen messaging at power-up if there is a problem communicating with the P-ROC controller.
NEW -- added support for incremental code updates in the future.
NEW -- added new display and lighting effects when advancing Gears when Redline ends.
NEW -- changed presentation for Tilt Warning and Tilt.
NEW -- added new display effect for Advance Bonus X.
NEW -- added new display effect when adding fuel during Battles (B-A-T-T-L-E targets).
NEW -- completing all B-A-T-T-L-E targets during a Battle now adds a significant extra amount of fuel.
NEW -- fuel consumption during Battles will be paused if there is no game activity for several seconds.
NEW -- Skill Shot now briefly flashes the Tach level reached from revving the engine with the left flipper.
NEW -- added knocker effect when awarding a credit.
NEW -- added new music track for Legend Multiball.
NEW -- added new music track when entering initials for a high score / champ record.
MODIFIED -- tweaked default strengths for several coils.
MODIFIED -- options now wrap around when editing Settings in service mode.
MODIFIED -- cleaned up some unused audits; correctly tally others that were not being updated.
MODIFIED -- adjusted scoring balance throughout.
MODIFIED -- enhanced rules for T-rex Battle. Spinners now build up value to be collected on the right ramp shot.
MODIFIED -- during Gorilla Battle ramps phase, the blue ramp will now be awarded from a left orbit shot if the ball is diverted for Race Start.
MODIFIED -- the "Advance Race Position" Collector Case Award will no longer be given during multiball.
MODIFIED -- improved end-of-ball Bonus choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved Extra Ball choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved Redline Jackpot choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved Loop Crash Multiball choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved choreography when starting a Battle and Car Chaos together.
MODIFIED -- improved presentation of on-screen Tach in higher gears and when Boost is active.
MODIFIED -- numerous enhancements to game lighting.
MODIFIED -- the shot/target lamps for completed Epic Features will now turn solid when it has been qualified for Epic Collect.
MODIFIED -- numerous changes and enhancements to sound effects.
MODIFIED -- in Track Multiball, Jackpot and Super Jackpot values now reset after Mega Jackpot is collected or times out.
MODIFIED -- animations no longer abort by double-flipping when the ball is actively in play.
MODIFIED -- status panel will now auto-hide when there are changes in game state.
FIXED -- resolved possible crash when entering service mode.
FIXED -- fixed service mode Utilities > Clear Balls sometimes not clearing all balls from the machine.
FIXED -- ensure system volume is correctly set at power-up.
FIXED -- fixed several edge-case bugs when starting Redline Mania.
FIXED -- Epic Cars no longer prevents collection of cars toward Case Awards and Car Chaos.
FIXED -- corrected scoring issues during Legend Multiball, including Legend Jackpot not actually being awarded.
FIXED -- resolved issue where GI would flicker when changing color due to tach changes

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Verified all coils not functioning
No pops
all coil tests don’t work either?

So you did update and then no power?

game attempts to start when you hit start but no ball served?

And can you go into service mode, correct?

If so have you tested ALL coils?

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Yea no 48v. Pressing Interlock switch I’m and out and pulling it out. No difference

Do what LTG said and be sure the wires to the interlock are all connected. Possible something got knocked loose when you were getting the usb cable.

You can also check that 48 is reaching the interlock switch.

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

One thing that is cool about the update that is keeps all of your previous settings. I had to double check to make sure the code version was correct but everything looks good and loaded fine.

We never change your settings. If we do change a default setting of note in a code update, we will cover it in release notes so you can review and see if you want to change your settings.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Interlock switch tests zero volts

on both sides I take it.

If no power there, then Next I'd check that the connectors coming out of the power supply are properly connected, and then check the voltages coming right off the supply.

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

rosh I had checked the connections on the power supply prior. Reseated all of them. To test directly I need to remove the cover?

You should be able to check the voltage on the connectors without opening up the case. Black wires will be your ground, you should see yellow (12v), red(5v) and I believe Brown (48v) wires. You can typically just push the test leads into the back of the connector (not at a machine right now). If not, remove the connectors, one at a time so as to be sure they go back into the right place and orientation), and stick the test leads into the jack on the power supply case.

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

rosh are there fuses in the power supply?

Not to my knowledge, however, power supplies typically have a safety cut off, leaving the machine off for 15 minutes or so, would typically reset it, but suspect you have had it off for at least that at some point since this started, but if not, power down for a half hour, and then see.

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

the top left most GI light stays green. It will go back to normal routine after redline mania finishes.

This was fixed yesterday, but it was right after I released the code. Had never noticed it, but when I was investigating an issue relative to GI flicker thats was reported, which was fixed in this release, I did spot it. Did not want to hold off the release to investigate it. Likely other times it is either the wrong color or more likely just off when it should be on, but given its location no one had really noticed. Will be fixed in the next release.

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Is there a link anywhere to a printed rules/gameplay tutorial for Hot Wheels, that I can download and refer back to it?
I would really like to enjoy this game to it's fullest!
Thanks, guys.

The rules section of this may be of help . ..
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/hot-wheels-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

A rule sheet was started on tiltforums.com, but not much in it yet.

Feel free to ask questions

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Like Hotwheels? Check out this YT channel

That is great, really well done, great humor. Looks like a ton of fun.

#1145 3 years ago

probably safer to say 'as crazy'.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I would love to help and give a review, just need AP to send me out a game and I will be right on it...
In all seriousness, loving the look of this game and how the rule set is shaping up. Wish there was a location around me to give it a play, but doubt that will happen. Just need to wait until possibly MGC next year If i don't pick myself one up before then...

I believe you can play it this weekend at the Toy And Hot Wheels Meetup, which will be outdoors, in South Beloit, not that far from you. Michael Grant will be there with one of our machines and I believe Joe Balcer will be there for part of the day as well . . . Vegas9 can you confirm if this is still happening?

https://www.facebook.com/events/291410375397786/

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I had my left flipper go out also and it was a 5 amp that was installed,I replaced it with a 5 amp but this looks like the problem,it should be 6.3

Quoted from brenna98:

Or we need to be changing these on the line.... I'll bring it up with production today. Thanks for bring this to our attention!

Quoted from Aniraf:

brenna98 this is really interesting. I looked at the original driver board that I had issues with and that fuse was a 6.3amp 250v. The brand new board you guys sent me had a 4amp 250v which blew after 3 games. I wonder if that has been part of my problem as well. Maybe multimorphic is installing the wrong fuses?

These were changed to 6.3 after production started. So the first X games went out with 5 amp.

Possible the parts department may not be aware of the change for HW or did not know it was for a HWs when it was sent out.

1 week later
#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It would appear the gap between the rubber on the post and the rail is big enough for the ball to sit in.

You can bend/push the end of the flatrail closer to the rubber to close the gap, just need to close that gap a bit.

1 week later
#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Uhh...how do you not drain? My biggest problems with ramping up the tach are the random bounces off the RPM targets. Also, I just can't stop trying to complete races. Just so much fun!

That is the risk/reward nature of the RPM targets.

Key thing is you only get one full turbo per gear, use it wisely (and be sure to use it before redlining the gear). If you trigger turbo prematurely, before you have anything set up, best thing to do as to not to waste it, is to go for the track builder drop target, since that will 'bank' the turbo boosted jackpot value for the first set of jackpots when you start Track MB.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

You guys are adorable. Acting like I have any control over when I activate turbo.

Thus the reason I gave the tip of "shoot the track builder",

Quoted from pinball2020:

First picture is to the RIGHT where the saucer is. The ball gets stuck and sits on the lower drop target.

You can adjust the height of the target so that it is flush. There is an adjustment screw for it. you need to loosen the nut, adjust the screw until the target is flush, then re-tighten the nut.

Quoted from pinball2020:

Second picture is the UPPER part of the playing field under the magnet to the left where the ball gets stuck under the "ball doorway" on the ramp.

Not sure what you are describing, don't see the ball

#1292 3 years ago

Code-update-20.09.01 (resized).pngCode-update-20.09.01 (resized).png

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hey pinball2020 ... as you might guess, the ball search can’t really do much about that, since there’s no coil in that spot... if it’s helping at all, it’s just through incidental vibration of the game that eventually frees the ball. Personally I’ve never had a ball stuck there that couldn’t be freed by a light bump.
I’d suggest that you verify the left/right angle of the game is 0 degrees, and perhaps also slightly bend the switch arm there so it doesn’t extend quite as high onto the playfield. That adjustment is always a bit finicky, since if you lower it too much, the switch might fail to register when a ball rolls by, and then you don’t get credit for your loop shot. So any adjustment there needs to be cautious.
Good luck!

A smack on the left side of the cabinet should definitely get that loose, but how did it get there? Was it a slow roller up the inner loop or did it come out from the pops? Hard to see how it got stuck on that side of the switch, no matter how much I tried could not get a slow roller, from either side, to stick there. I finally just placed it there, which took a few tries, to test out the smack. Have seen balls come out of the pops and stick to the switch slot but on the pop side, not the outside.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

My game is dead after update, it is like the black screen of death. When trying to revert back to old code the game quickly goes through update says complete and then put me a black screen of death when I remove USB stick and turn on. Well it was a great game until I tried the newest update. If anyone has had this issue any help would be great, I did email Joe.
[quoted image]

make sure the USB stick is formatted FAT32 (not exfat)

Look to see if any logs were copied on to it, if so, send them to me [email protected]

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is it an update where you need to rename the file ?

That only applies to Houdini's on very old code, before we added having the version number as part of the file name.

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Ah ha...good to know. Yes, I did have at least two stacked. I know I had one down to zero, but probably drained before completing the other one.

Flashing epic shots means that part of the epic stack is not yet qualified, once all are solid it is qualified, so you can keep building it or collect.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

I have a two year old son, and was showing him this machine since he loves hot wheels, and while we were watching the video I was telling my wife how you could swap your own cars in.
Fast forward a day, took delievery on my JP3, first thing my son does, goes and grabs a car, and said "Dada put in!". I felt terrible lol. At that moment I would have rather had a hot wheels.

Well, you have a opportunity to make it a great Christmas.

#1346 3 years ago

For those who may not have be following the Hot Wheels Streaming challenge Karl DeAngelo was the first to complete the race in under a minute . . .

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/732820482?t=01h44m30s

but it was Escher Lefkoff who finished the challenge with the fastest time, edging out Karl, with just minutes left in the challenge.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/733530352?t=02h55m16s

These guys mades hundreds of attempts to get to these times. They had some great runs, but just could not make that last shot or two. They also found some ways to shave off a few seconds here or there. I now need to go try a few of these things to see if I can improve my time.

This week is BATTLE week and there are four challenges one for each battle. Looking forward to seeing how the competitors approach these challenges in trying to maximize points for a single battle vs an entire game.

1 week later
#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I keep checking youtube, but people don't seem to be uploading the streams. Fliptronic has a couple videos, but I know that they do much more. Unfortunately twitch stopped working on roku a while back, so it seems I'm stuck without options.

Twitch does work on a computer

for those interested in twitch streams . . .

https://www.neverdrains.com/hotwheels/playerIndex.php

if you go to the scores page, you can click at the top for each of the various competitions, you will see links to the twitch streams. The streams often link to the 'score' screen, but you can go back to get to the start of the game. Depending on the challenge there is a ton of 'set up' time, for example, some competitors in the battles will go for two or three redlines before even looking to start a battle. In the race challenge, with each passing day competitors were quicker and quicker to restart on runs where they knew they had no shot to better their race time.

This week it is track multiball

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Great stream on DeadFlip tonight. Thanks rosh for adding to my (and the collective our) knowledge of the rule set,

Quoted from PinballRulez:

If have been watching the challenge streams (thanks for that AP and streamers it is a great way to learn how the rules work on this pin)

The streams have been great and I find it interesting to see how some of the players go about dissecting things. What I have enjoyed most is that each weeks challenge is just a narrow slice of the game, but yet you can see how it keeps the players challenged all week. Obviously the style of play and the strategy is very different when focusing on a single thing, like fastest race time vs normal game play. I'll be curious to see when we get to 'high score' how the players take all that they have learned about he different parts of the game to try to create a high score strategy. When and how best to use turbo, redline, shift gears . . .

Ferret and I are often in the stream chats (as is IFPA's Josh Sharpe who is very knowledgable on the rules and strategy) to help educate competitors and those watching on the rules and different strategies.

You can find a list of those streaming Hot Wheels here . . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/api-amp-ifpa-announce-hot-wheels-pinballl-livestreaming-challenge-series#post-5825232

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Was a blast!
Glad rosh has the patience to sit there and spoon-feed me the rules as I was playing. <3

you broke a billion, which is pretty impressive given you were constantly holding the ball on the flipper, causing the tach to fall, while you read the twitch chat.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anybody seen that the kickback At times fires to soon and the ball just dribbles Happens more on slow shots ,the switch is being tripped to soon and the plunger does not get a good shot at the ball.i adjusted my switch by putting spacers under the switch thus lowering it and forcing the ball farther up the Switch before It fires,helped a lot,mine fires back more in anger now.

Check the coil strength, there was a period of time Balcer was setting them to 10 or 12 vs the 14 which I like and he ultimately agreed was better.

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

rosh what's the kickback coil called in the settings? is it the Big Kick?

Yes, sorry I should have given the proper name.

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Has anybody asked yet if the bat on the lower left side of the playing field is in the game? If not and he is in the Hot Wheels City show - can you add him?
Thanks!

There are many creatures in the Hot Wheels City show that have not made their way into the machine. We were not huge fans of the shark footage, but did find a way to get him into the game for the Tilt sequence (and including him was not universally loved by the design team). The bat was in the HWC art we got, so our artist used it, but we have not seen them appear in any episodes. Of course who knows what the future may bring.

#1404 3 years ago

dupe

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I barely have gotten on the board for stopping the Gorilla (once), I stopped the Cobras (once) and am wistfully waiting to stop the T-Rex and Triceratops - though I have done enough damage to finally get on the board with some scoring against the beasts .

I like to stack Track MB with the battles, especially the first track, since it is easy to start, and that helps in the battles.

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so i just noticed this pit stop target on ls outlane. its under the ramp and hard to see. now i know what is activating the pit stop on that out lane.

Yup hit that a few times and it lights the Pit Stop ball save. Don't quote me on this, but I believe I made those bankable.

1 week later
#1492 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i wanted to put this in my basement arcade but the head would have to come off to get it down there it is 29 inches wide so it kinda looks like its a project to take it apart.

Actually it is not too bad, certainly a lot easier than games from the 90s. On HW in the lower cabinet there is as set of connectors for most of the wires going to the head, so disconnecting those and a couple cables from the computer and the display (2 Power, 2 USB that need to be dropped down into the cabinet) is all that is needed. It is possible the sub woofer disconnect is in the head. Back in the sparring I moved both a HW and an Okto into my basement with the heads off. So, while not a 5 minute thing, but not as bad as you might expect.

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Would anyone here be able to tell me the dimensions of the box hot wheels comes in? Just thinking I should check now to see if it will fit in my van, fit down my stairs, through my front door, etc. Or if I will need to unbox it before it hits the basement.
Thanks!

Pretty sure it is . . .

Game box size: 58” Height X 30” Wide X 31” Length

Pallet size: 33” x 35”

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

As a follow-up to my earlier issue, the ground loop isolator from Best Buy solved the audio quality issues. I used an RCA to 3.5mm adapter and RCA cables I had on-hand to hook everything up, no grounding wires needed. I suspect a simpler 3.5mm based isolator will do the job, but I'm impatient and didn't feel like waiting for an Amazon shipment to avoid RCA. During the isolator swap I also noticed that the left and right channels were reversed, so I swapped the speaker wiring on the amp.

Actually, they were probably correct the way they were, the labels on the amps are not always correct. If you go into service -> test -> display/sound you can confirm the speakers are correct.

#1518 3 years ago

Usually a stuck pixel is a red, green or blue. Regardless open a ticket and Dave will work with you to get it swapped out.

Sometimes adjusting the wires in the head will resolve buzz.

#1524 3 years ago

Also rosh , I noticed that my stuck pixel is indeed green and not white. I did open a ticket as you recommended and will troubleshoot with Dave when he gets time.

It will be a swap of the monitor.

#1525 3 years ago

Looking for a few volunteers for a short Hot Wheels beta test.

Please only volunteer if you can put a decent amount of play on the machine over the next few days.

If interested, send me a PM, with your real email address.

UPDATED -- Looking at my inbox, looks like I have enough volunteers

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I’m guessing Chuck was joking.
I’m also guessing JJP didn’t “copy” the Tach per se, just happenstance that there are similar rules... just like having two new games in a month with a spinning disc mech. Synchronicity of the universe.

I don’t know, that keefer guy has never come up with a good idea. Not a single one, ever!

#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Funtype:

I tried to ad a small strip of LEDs to the back box, to fill in dead zone next to the monitor and must have shorted the set out.
The strips have a single ‘pixel’ On on each of them (See photo)
I have no idea if the strips are screwed up or if I need to dig inside to the power source to reset or change them out.
Does anyone know if I can buy replacement strips and get an extra connector to splice in a new strip for the dead space?
[quoted image]

My guess is the way you physically connected that strip, using what looks like a rivet or a screw, that you have shorted the wires in the strip.

You can confirm this, by changing the wire from the cabinet to go to the left strip instead of the bottom strip, and also remove the wire from the right strip to the bottom strip, and see if those left, top and right come back on.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from Funtype:

When I wiggle the last connector that I tapped the lights flicker.
When I attach the power supply to the left lead it dose the same, single pixel on all strips.
Even with last strip removed.

seems like you have short someplace
then disconnect all but one of the strips and see what happens, it it lights, add each strip one at a time to see which one kills it,
if none of the strips work, check the voltage on the connector (first set backglass brightness to 10)

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from Funtype:

rosh, About back box leds: brightness to 10, 12v fuse on board good, plenty of volts from power supply at connector.
Individual strips light full bright with 9v battery test.

so you have 12V at the connector that goes to the strips, and none of the strips will work off the 12V from the cabinet when it is the only one connected? At a minimum you should have enough slack to test left and bottom.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:I am getting the same 1% drain out of the pops but man I get a lot of stdm balls exiting out of the left side of the orbit (after shooting the right side).
Disclaimer, my basement floor is sloped so a perfectly level isn't level after a couple games of nudging.

Most of the time, the ball should come out of there and not go STDM, but it take some time to learn when you are in a trouble and need the nudge, which typically does not require much.

For the orbit issue, check that the ball is not nipping the 'E' standup target as it comes off the rail.

#1581 3 years ago

We will be doing a walk through of game rules, among other things, at 8PM ET tonight on the Pinball Virtual Expo.

It will be live and we will be doing Q&A if time permits.

pinballexpo.net

#1593 3 years ago

code_update_hw_20_10_15 (resized).pngcode_update_hw_20_10_15 (resized).png

Note there are now two different update packages. One is an incremental that is much quicker to download and install. It is still new, but so far we have not seen any issues in testing. This incremental version can be used regardless of which version you are currently on.

There is also a full update for those who like to play it safe or love the longer anticipation of the current code update

If you have any issues with either, you can always install the last full version.

This code introduces Treasure Hunt Cars. In the real world, Hot Wheels treasure hunters go to different places that cars are sold, when they get new shipments, to check if any are treasure hunt cars. Some even have arrangements with store managers to call them when new shipments come in. You can tell a treasure car by the special symbol on the car and on the packaging. They know that going back to the same location you have already checked, has no value, but it is up to them to know where they have gone and where they haven't, there is nothing that is going to indicate that to them. Some say, finding one, has magical powers, that can make the next cars you collect more valuable.

#1596 3 years ago
Quoted from Funtype:

rosh, On the LED strips I even tried swapping locations and single powering them to no avail.

so none are lighting on the cable from the cabinet, even if just the one and you have tried each side of the strip?
and you are getting voltage on the connector?

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I had the same thing and did the incremental update. I'll try doing the full and see if that helps.

Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Just updated to 20.10.15. Noticed that it seems redline mania has no music. Still has call outs as normal, but very little sound.

for those that had the issue, do you recall what version you were currently on? While it should not have mattered, I would like to know why this did not work for some of you.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

That makes sense, are the colors basically something flashier for pre-start spins? I guess my issue is some lights seem to trump others,

We use a combination of rotation and priorities, although the priority part does comes into play very often. So if VLMB is active and the shot is also being used for a battle and is also being used for EPIC, you will see it rotate through those, so something like VLMB, BATTLE, VLMB, EPIC, etc.

Mixing colors within an arrow, can look cool, but makes it hard to pick up what it is. We found that pulsing the leds in the direction of the arrow was a more effective effect. In game play, we want to be sure you know what shots to shoot vs trying to make the RGB LEDs do cool stuff. Obviously on lightshows, and we continue to tweak and add those, we do more lighting effects since it is a bit more about 'eye candy' and 'achievements' vs 'shoot here'.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Did the car collecting get tweaked in the latest update? It seems like I was getting more or less the same bunch of cars in the previous version. With the new code, I've gotten lots of new ones that I'd never seen.
Could totally be my imagination, though.
Also, did a full update and Redline Mania works (and sounds) great!

Mostly your imagination, the cars themselves have not changed, other than Treasure Hunt cars being more clearly marked as such and now reserved for when a treasure hunt car has been 'found'. As indicated earlier, the Treasure Hunt aspect of car collecting is new.

#1640 3 years ago

Played my first games yesterday. After watching many challenge streams before I got my pin, I was thinking 'Am I that bad'

some of those streamers are Pinball Mutants, with super powers, so, don't be hard on yourself.

With all that multitasking going on a lot of practice is needed to get the right momentum. But.....no worries.....you can first go for individual challenges and enjoy those, before going for the big points.

Yup, learn and explore the game, the scores will come with time as you figure out when to push the tach and when to use turbo. Good at time to just approach the game as wanting to earn a particular hero car and try to achieve that vs a score.

#1671 3 years ago

Rosh Ferret I do see 2 videos available from the Pinball Virtual Expo under https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo/videos but I cannot find the part of AP. Do you happen to know if this part is made available and where we can find it?

We had to do a re-record, not sure what expo did with it, but should be on our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball

2 weeks later
#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

It asks for postal code. I entered. Maybe they won't notice. Lol

when you fill out the paper work, we will know.

New Yorkers are also unable to enter, due to the laws there relative to sweepstakes.

#1722 3 years ago

So just to clarify before I tell too many Canadians about it, we are unable to enter? What if we have an American address it could be sent to?

Given the various tax filing requirements, probably be tricky to pull off.

1 week later
#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

if you could buy 2 more bases from ap you could fit a couple more cars.

You can email sales@ and they can probably get those added to the store.

that Tempest is very cool

1 week later
#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

So how do you get them?

in the real world, for someone to find a treasure hunt car they will go to ALL the places where you can collect cars, going back to a place you have been, is not going to help, in fact, it is basically starting over

It is up to the hunter to know the places they have been so as not to repeat (and start over), there are no indications about this as the primary use of the car target inserts is progress towards lighting 'adv bonus X', well, at least until a treasure hunt car is found and then . . .

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Jeeesuss..I will read that again later after a few gin & tonics. Lol

Tequila would likely be more effective when trying to understand what I am thinking/saying

Quoted from pinball2020:

Rosh, please be more cryptic, would you?

did not think it was that cryptic, I'm sure someone will be able to figure out what I said and translate

Quoted from pinball2020:

I was thinking of buying a house in Hot Wheels City but home - and automobile (!) - insurance prices are astronomical.

well with a mad scientist like Draven constantly releasing creatures on the city to destroy it and a sheriff who is in over his head . . .

1 week later
#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is there a count down timer on the screen for redline mania in new code?

The playfield tach counts down the last 10 seconds, that is the only visible timer.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

To me that’s not really the point.
When my stern Star Trek had an issue with stuck balls, they came up with a solution and published it. They also applied the solution to games in process. Games with a s/n below a certain number were advised to apply the fix.
I agree with “cottonm4” that the Mfg needs to take over and advise if a fix is necessary, and if so...what it is.
Robert

The issue is with the flat rail moving away from the post, where it can create a small lip that the ball can rest on. While games are checked for this, the movement can occur during shipment or with time if the nut is not tightened enough, (you also don't want to over tighten).

As described in the post above (referencing the 1217 post), all you need to do is loosen the nut under the playfield, push the rail flush to the post and hold it there while tightening down the nut.

You can contact support if you need further assistance.

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ok thanks Rosh. Any plans to add one?

Not at this time. We feel the music and the final 10 second countdown gives a pretty good sense of when you are running out of time and in building the tension and crescendo. With all of the action on the playfield, not like the player can be looking up at the screen.

Quoted from Cobra:

Can you give us any info on what you said in one of your videos about some things you guys were looking at adding but were waiting to see if you can the rights for it ?

I have no additional info to share at this time.

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How long does it take to get a hot wheels. It’s been weeks since ordering and my distributor hasn’t heard anything. No worries if it takes a bit just excited to get it

While it was taking a few weeks or more back in the summer and early fall, currently the wait is typically just a week or so as far being ready to ship from us. Obviously shipping time can vary a bit. If it has been multiple weeks you might want to check with your distributor.

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick suggestion/ frustration: you can't enter red line mania during a multiball, but your tach can go down during a multiball. This drives me crazy. I get my tach around 7 or 8, enter a mb then when mb is over, I'm back to a tach of 1 or 2. Also, a little more use of white light effects would be nice during red line mania.

Part of this is making the decision before going into MB, should I redline now, shift gears and then work my RPM back up OR go for MB now with my tach high (of course depends on the state of your turbo boost and whether or not you have used it in the current gear).

Part of the challenge in MB is keeping the tach up, you almost need to be dedicating one ball to the RPM targets. Very easy in the action of MB to forget about the RPM targets and to let your tach fall, and it will fall a bit faster in MB.

Sometimes you can keep the tach up in MB and go right into redline after with just a shot or two.

1 week later
#1903 3 years ago

I have my Hot Wheels for almost 2 months now and played a lot of games. Not quite an expert yet but I am ready to give you my thoughts about this game.
Please note that this review is based on software version 20.10.15. The knocker and shaker motor installed.
The review is based on the topics you find in the rating system on Pinside and I included the score as given in this system.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Design
Playfield layout 6\6
+ Nice layout
+ Fast
+ Homogeneous look
+ Unevenly placed R-P-M targets representing risk\reward design
+ Progress of modes - Collected hero cars - RPM status well placed on playfield
+ Playfield kickback
+ Good use of available space
Game rules 5\6
+ Importance of tach-o-meter is well implemented
+ Each mode can be started on their own
+ Easy to understand for beginners
+ Strategic perspective for advanced players
+ Lot of different ways to achieve a great score
+ Either completing a mode or getting a good score is satisfying
+ Nice integration of creature modes
+ Very high replay value because rules are easy to understand
+ Epic letters are bound to left or right inlanes to be activated
- You do not get a feeling you are working towards a final goal
Toys and Gimmicks 4\6
+ Integration of real Hot Wheel cars that can be changed
+ Nice integration of colored ramps
+ Spinning car
+ Moving flags
+ 3D Lenticular back panel
Game play 6\6
+ (very) Fast
+ Rewarding shots
+ Cool skill shot
+ Stacking modes
+ Some shots need accuracy, some are easily made
+ Good integration of knocker and shaker motor
+ Want to come back for more
+ For all ages
+ Good time (20-30 minutes) balance for long games
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Artwork
Playfield art 6\6
+ Visually very attractive game
+ Art 'pulls' you into the game
+ Hand drawn art
+ Vivid colors and balanced color palette
+ Well integrated with theme
+ 3D Lenticular back panel
+ Inside cabinet art
+ Art on playfield side apron
+ Art on playfield plastic is consistent with rest of the playfield
+ Colored ramps integrate very well
Overall the art is very well executed resulting in a visual treat for they eyes
Backglass art 6\6
+ Real backglass
+ Hand drawn art
Cabinet art 6\6
+ Hand drawn art
Cabinet art is like all the other art well integrated in the theme.
Animations 5\6
+ Suites the theme well
+ Humorous scenes
+ All Hot Wheels cars are in the game
- Some animations are very simple
Sound and Music
Sound effects 5\6
+ Spinner effect bound to left or right speaker
- Separate volume settings for sound, music and effects not present
Music 5\6
- Separate volume settings for sound, music and effects not present
Quality 6\6
+ Separate amplifier
+ Adjustable treble\bass\volume
+ Good output
+ Separate bass speaker
+ Good quality satellite speaker
Variation 4\6
+ Music variation is good
Other Aspects
Game lighting 6\6
+ Great use of RGB Insert and RGB GI lightning
+ Some great light shows
+ Good use of insert color and current mode
+ Color scheme bound to RPM value
Lastability 6\6
+ Very high replay value
Theming 6\6
+ Very well integration of the Hot Wheels theme
+ Real Hot Wheel cars integrated in playfield
+ Details are consistently seen throughout the game
Fun 6\6
+ For all ages
+ Multiple ways to achieve goals adds much to the fun factor
+ Overall a very enjoyable game
Overall
I did not have plans to buy a NIB pinball anytime soon, but when I saw Hot Wheels for the first time it made me think. I was not immidiately attracked to the pin due to the Hot Wheels’ theme, but the art package (especially the playfield combined with the light effects) got my attention.
In time when watching more videos (the challenge videos were a really great way to get to know the pin and especially the rules) I got more and more excited about this pin. To a point when I decided to order one.
And not for a moment I regretted that deciscion. This is a great pin, that pulls you into the game. It gives me the feeling again that I had when playing pins in the arcades when I was a kid. What more do you want

You will have an edit or two to make soon.

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Was just playing a game and on the start of ball 2, it tried about 4-5 times to eject a ball into the shooter lane, couldn't do it, then just stopped trying. No ball search, and I waited a good two minutes for that to initiate. So I opened the coin door and pushed the trough eject coil plunger to eject one by hand (that's what he said), but this messed up the ball recognition and it spit out several balls in a row once I plunged the one I brought up by hand. I also noticed when opening the door that the trough eject coil was just barely pulling the plunger arm, and trying over and over. Once the mess of ball 2 and all its extra balls all drained, ball 3 played fine. I think. I had a lot of multiballs but I think I earned them rather than mistakes.
I believe this is the first time I played the game with a space heater (15A max, but probably not working that hard today) plugged into the same circuit. Not sure if that had anything to do with it? But really I'm more puzzled about the lack of ball search and then the miscounting of balls afterward.

check to see if your balls are magnetized

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Sweet. Please get rid of that white box that says ball added or added ball.Lol

what he said . . .

Quoted from Ferret:

Upcoming code release

#1964 3 years ago

Is Santa going to deliver this

code_update_hw_20.12.10 (resized).pngcode_update_hw_20.12.10 (resized).png

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

updated code and now its bricked. Grrrr.

what is it happening?

Make sure USB stick is formatted FAT32

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Hey @rosh- with any version, I've always noticed that the rock band playing during attract mode is whisper quiet compared to the main volume of the machine, and maybe even compared to the rest of the attract mode sounds (but i'm not 100% about that part). Is that intentional?

Yes, it is designed to be lower volume. I have it enabled on my machine, so I hear it a lot and does not seem overly quiet when it plays, but maybe I set it too low for a real location. I'm sure others will pipe in with their thoughts.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

After doing the update there is something wrong with my RPM insert lights. Its obvious the second you turn on the machine. When all the lights should be white two of them are another color. Then when the game does the red attract mode, the "R" does not light. Tried a couple power cycles, still present.
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you power cycle, give it a full minute off, and see if that clears it up.

If not, check the wires/connectors to that board.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

All seems good. A nice extra touch would be when you are adjusting the separate volumes up and down, that you can her them as you do them. Now i am setting volumes and have to start a game. Then go back to setting and adjust. Then start a game. etc until i get it where i want it.

you really can't evaluate it without going into game play, as hearing just the volume of any one component without the others is not going to give you a sense of the balance between them. If someone feels one of the elements is out of balance to their preference, I suggest adjusting just that one a bit up or down and then play a game and see if that is more to your liking, if not adjust.

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I just tried to download the new code from your website but am getting a message saying I can't as too many people have already downloaded or there are too many people trying to download at this time. Strange as I've never had any problems before.

if you are still seeing this, can you screen shot what you are seeing?

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:Added a key holder to the coin door today.
Looked all over and couldn't find one that was factory installed.

Quoted from PokerJake:

Mine was there already as well

it is part of the door as it comes to us, and there are two, just below the GI lamp on each coin mech bracket, so not sure how it was missing.

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Scoring question.
Let's say you are in track multiball.
Super is ready and its 1 million
You get rpm gauge to 10 then start turbo boost.
Does that mean the super is now worth 100 000 000?
The boost multiplies the rpm gauge by 10x?
Because its not doing that. Its not multiplying the jackpot

Boost applies to the tach, not to scoring, which is a subtle difference.

The jackpot or super in track mb is built based on the tach value as the track is built, and those could be boosted, but when you collect the jackpot the tach is not involved so neither is boost.

#2030 3 years ago

epic cars would be a bluish flashing

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I installed the Ramp Exit kit tonight. These are available, just reach out to your distributor.

Quoted from Cobra:

Is AP sending them out to distributors?

Most games should already have them installed, sets were set to distributors who got the first 100 games or so.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So, is there an easy place on Hot Wheels to get power for under cab lighting? It looks like I'm ordering a NIB from Pinball Star!!

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

This question has been asked a couple of times, but there has been no response from American pinball.

Hooking something up to the electrical system on the game can void your warranty, accordingly you will not find AP staff telling you how to do this

As has been pointed out, hooking up to 'GI' on the playfield is not an option, as those are individually controlled RGB LEDs. Keep in mind voltages for things like coin door lamps could be different than in other machines (including other AP games), so be careful before hooking things up.

My red and yellow car target decals chipped off like that to the point I just removed what was left. Needs to be something not so brittle.

Quoted from PokerJake:

If it really bothers you, I'd swap it out for a green standup if they make them.

These are a custom width, not sure any one else but us uses them, we have only made them in yellow and teal. Since game rules don't really use the 'red' vs 'yellow' vs 'green' aspects of the car targets, the decal serves little purpose at this point other than matching the color of the matching playfield car in the art. Because they are so narrow they are more prone to chipping, since there is not a lot of material on the sides of the rivet. I expect when my break I'll just remove them. Regardless decal kits with those and the RPM targets will be available soon.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure why a couple LEDs with that low of current draw would void the warranty.

You do know JJP and Stern doesn't add those taps for aftermarket mods? It could void the warranty with them as well.

The problem is we have no way of knowing what you are hooking up and if it is designed properly and if the game can handle the additional load. Most mods would be fine, but some stuff may not be. In addition to the mod itself creating power issues, installing something wrong could damage the control system. You go to hook up some mode, do it wrong and destroy a $350 board, do you think that should be covered?

When you take all of this into account, you can understand why we and some of the other companies, take the position we do.

1 week later
#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do I order one?

probably not on the website, but you can email [email protected] for assistance

2 weeks later
#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are you guys planning to do something similar that stern has starting doing with allowing people to play the wizard mode or a challenge as a mode separate from the main game? The half shell challenge and final battle are a ton of fun on tmnt and avengers has the battle Royale mode where you look to defeat each villain. Its cool just to have the option to play them. Didn’t know if you had thoughts on letting us play the wizard mode or even adding something new like a hot wheels road tour challenge that can be played separate from the main game.
Just a thought as it really freshens things up

Certainly something you might see down the road

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is there a bug where you can't start the race when you hit the skill shot on ball one? The magnet catches it but the race doesn't start for the rest of ball one. I had that happen for crash loop mb as well, magnet would catch but wouldn't start the mode. I hit the left orbit at least 4 times, but the next ball it started when I hit the orbit.

check the left orbit entry switch

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi i did an update yesterderday and strange things happened
some inserts stay lit during my game and others
M from RPM was not red and it was green sometimes
I did an other update with an other usb but it is the same way

can't think of anything in update that would cause that. Looks like the 'red' part of the M is not working (no red, so blue/green when it should be white). I suggest checking the connections to that lamp board. Need more detail on other lights to see if we can figure out what the issue is.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

there is a really loud "boom" when you put the game on and you hear the PC starting up ? Houdini is crystal clear.

HW has a sub-woofer, Houdini does not. Check your volume settings for the sub on the amp (small knobs, one is volume other is crossover), might be too high.

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

During normal play if the ball goes in the lane it doesn’t auto plunge.

the desire was to give the player a brief window to do a short plunge to feed the right flipper or plunge to the pops, if desired, vs an auto plunge sending it around to the left flipper. Plus also lets you see the nice Multiball start animation. Which does have info about how to make it a three ball MB (which also increases the jackpot values)

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Photos were supposed to be in order

The last one is the only one that matters, a future pinball champion ready to play Hot Wheels.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What degrees of angle are people putting these at? Manual says 6, I did 6.5 and still feels floaty to me

While oktoberfest and Houdini really play better at 6, I think Hot Wheels is pretty happy at a wide range of pitches, so if it feels floaty (not something I hear often on Hot Wheels), raise up the back legs and see how she shoots. Can always lower it back

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalman:

Update on what I now know is called a VUK, working with AP on the issue as no loose wires or obvious issue . The microswitch even clicks when depressed but doesn't register in the service menu where you can check switches etc. They have been good so far just waiting to hear next step , like someone mentioned here ,its almost like it is not registering/ sending a signal up the line somewhere, kinda sucks because you really can't play the game unless you like to wait 60secs everytime it goes in the VUK

I'm sure Dave will help you with next steps, in the meantime, I suggest . . .

If you haven't already, go into switch test and test the switches in the same 'column' and see if any others are having an issue. If they are, then likely a loose connector on the board or a break in the common wire that runs across the switches.

If you have a meter, I would throw it on the two lugs of the VUK (Vertical up Kicker) switch and see if the switch is working correctly by checking continuity when the switch is closed. While typically if it clicks it is okay, not a guarantee.

If switch tests good, then I'd trace the wire back to its connector and make sure the connector is fully plugged in and that the wire is properly inserted in the connector.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I turned down the light show to 6 from 10. Supper bright awesome RGB inserts!!!
Also, I played around in menu system and turned on 'Custom Message'. But I can't figure out how to enter a custom message! Is this yet to be implemented?

In the manual I believe.

You create a png image at 1366x768, name it custom_message.png, put on a usb stick, inset into usb extension cable in coin door. System will do its thing, you will get s message about logs and told to reboot Turn on custom message in settings

#2304 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Are the flashers on this game 12v, they look to interact like the 5v GI.

yes and yes

1 week later
#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Question??
How does the Pit Stop standup work? I notice the ball hits it and it flashes, but doesn't always stay lit. Other times it does? Is this normal?

It flashes when hit, takes X hits to light it for the save

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I updated my code to 20.12.10 yesterday and there's no more "skill shot!" lady. The new skill shot guy is hard to make out, I think he says "you've got skills?" I miss her enthusiasm and energy. The ball over guitar rock part is slower, too.

Not sure what you are talking about, so I’m going to answer this question …

Quoted from VALIS666:

, "Did I smoke something earlier and forgot? Everything seems slower and mellower."

with, sounds like it to me

2 weeks later
#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

"Pretty sure" and "are" are two different things Mr. LTG. It is important since I am determining what little passengers I can bring with me.

“Pretty sure”, because I did not personally measure it.

1 week later
#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Looking to take HW along to a planned show. How easy is it to remove the head?

all of the wires from the head run down to the Lower cabinet in the back left corner, where there is a bunch of connectors. I suggest using a sharpie to number them a you disconnect to make it easier to put them back together.

Possible the USB cable and/or sub woofer might have to be disconnected in the head, I don't recall.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

didnt check for now, but i suppose its (quite) the same for Houdini & OF !?

Houdini and Oktoberfest are easier as they have fewer wires going from the head to the lower cabinet.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Sorry to hear that - I think Mattel missed an opportunity there but happy with what we have.
Since you brought it up - How hard would it be to put in during the car presentation something where if we press say the right flipper button it pauses the presentation so we can actually read the car names instead of scrambling fast or trying to remember to record them on a cell phone camera?
I keep looking for "Joe Balcer's Summer Slam Limited Beach Blanket Bingo Dune Buggy and Shark Chaser" to no avail.

You certainly are not going to find any names that are not official Hot wheels cars. Keep in mind it is not about Mattel missing an opportunity. Our primary contact jumped through a lot of hoops and a did a lot of work to get us what we got. She actually went through a few different departments within Mattel until we found images that would work. The ones from the design guys were really cool, and had some data about the cars, but the images would not work for what we had in mind.

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Edit:
Fixed the resolution and the custom message still isn't displaying. I can tell the machine is trying but the display just goes black after the American Pinball logo cycles. I attached the full res file. I'm sure this is user error. [quoted image]

If you have turned it on in settings, you should either see it, or a message about an issue with it. Are you not seeing the latter?

You can also pull the logs and send to me, I can't recall what we log about the custom message, but it might shed light.

#2515 3 years ago

looks like something odd in the file, not sure what, but I've fixed it for you, and it works for me, DM your email address and I'll send it over

1 week later
#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

It did seem like if I overshot the 10 on the tach before plunge on the first ball, that I had more shots to make to get RLM.

The two are also combined, since the benefit of the tach on the skill shot is a a multiplier on what you do on the skill shot, and getting to zone 3 and then making the left orbit, is then a big payoff, but as Ferret said, the zone you reach is what gives the tach the higher level to start the ball.

Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I lowered my table to 6 degrees - instantly more air balls...........but more importantly took what was a very fun game to me and slowed it to a crawl. For me - going back to 7 degrees. Game is way more fun

Unlike Houdini and Oktoberfest where setting the pitch higher than suggested can change the way the game plays negatively, HW will play fine with a higher pitch and some will like it better as it will play faster. Balancing flipper strength with pitch is key to getting the right game play (and minimizing airballs).

#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I ordered a gear shifter shooter rod and plate from hookedonpinball and got it installed today. It looks awesome! And really fits with the theme of the game.

but how do you get to fifth gear?

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Each hero car you collect, you move up a gear. So you need all five Hero cars. You will then experience Legend Multiball. And become a legend!

Not sure if you were joking, but this is not correct. Hero cars do not shift gears.

To shift gears, you redline the tach (via the RPM targets) to get to redline mania, at the end of which you shift up a gear, increasing scoring.

You will get a hero car the first time you do Redline Mania.

My comment was about the gear shifter shooter rod, which only shows 4 gears.

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:The magnet does not accelerate the ball.

Sorry Dave, you are wrong.

Getting the tach high enough, shoot the left orbit and the magnet will accelerate the ball up the ramp for a faster return.

1 week later
#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Question for you guys.
Got my hot wheels in August and have put a ton of games on it. I have updated the code with each release and haven't had any issues. I would occasionally get an led that would get "stuck" on a certain color, but power cycling would always fix the issue.
However about two weeks ago my rpm insert leds started acting goofy.
My "r" will only alternate between blue and green and won't turn any other color.
My "p" isn't lighting at all.
My "m" is working fine.
Has anyone else had a similar issue?
I just submitted a service request through AP yesterday because pinside has been down, but thought I would ask you guys for thoughts or suggestions.

Start by checking the connector to the board to be sure it is fully plugged in

3 weeks later
#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

All the originally designed/intended features are in the code, yes.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see more goodies added to the game, though. Both Houdini and Oktoberfest got significant code updates within just the past few months, so American Pinball should have a decent reputation for keeping up with our code.

Just added a requested feature yesterday, not the first since the last release, so at some point …

#2747 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I know you still want to do that thing,

Was not even thinking about that one. But that reminds me of something else.

Quoted from Ferret:

Then there’s that thing several people have asked for,

yeah, that, not the quick one I just did

Quoted from Ferret:

Perhaps ULC just for polish?

Maybe, would need good beta testers for that.

1 week later
#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

This might be overkill for some, but here's what I do for my pinballs. Obviously if they have pits or rust, toss them. But if you want them shined up...

Spray a little WD-40 in the medium

I like to wipe the ball with either Mothers or Novus3 before I put them in a tumbler.

1 week later
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi my plastic above "boost" broke today.
I was looking for another in american pinball's store but didn't find.
Is someone knows where i could find one ?
Thanks

That plastic should be available soon to order as a single plastic from the website.

#2807 2 years ago

To remove balls, you can use . . .

service->utilities->clear balls

Use of the utility is more important on games with playfield locks or subways, but with Hot heels the manual approach is fine.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

I think he is referring to the parts described in the "Hot Wheels Ramp Exit Plate Installation Guide" https://www.american-pinball.com/support/ . It's a little metal bracket inserted where the orange and blue in-lane return ramps are attached to the slings. Apparently keeps the ball from spinning into the outlane. My March 2021 build had them installed already but earlier builds don't have them.

they were added pretty early in the production run, and parts were sent to owners (through their distributor) of the games that shipped without them, so should not be too many games out there with them missing.

1 week later
#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:Oh...faster yet..., shaved off a few seconds. I think I can get it lower. I dont know if I will get as low as 50 some seconds but I should be able to shave a little more off yet.

Keep in mind the sub one minute times were done with some aggressive methods to get a fast time. For example, timing out the skill shot and then using a rapid double flip, timed just right, on race start to avoid the magnet grab and drop into the pops, using tilts to stop the clock when in the pops, etc.

#2853 2 years ago

i just had a 2.6B epic fail with Collect lit. ARRRRRRRGH! lol

That is a truly epic fail. Not everyone agreed with me on Epic Fail, but sometimes you need to "celebrate" failure as much as success.

Quoted from pinstyle:

I see. I am not looking to exploit the system, just going to keep trying to get it a little lower. Not that there is anything wrong with taking advantages of loop holes just to see how low you can get it.
On another note I haven't been able to get out of third gear. I have loosely pursued it but moved over to focusing on race time.

Just did not want you making yourself too crazy about trying to get sub one minute. Lots of different "achievements" to go for, enjoy them all.

Advancing gears -- skill shot very important, turbo boost when lit (via pops) first awards Turbo Boost (once per gear) but then it awards an "RPM Boost" which can then help get to the next gear. Third gear is sort of the sweet spot, you can get there, you can keep the tach at decent level (e.g. 6+) for the scoring boost, but if you get to fourth or fifth, can be much harder to keep the tach up and you could end up with lower scoring then a high RPM on gear 3.

#2857 2 years ago

2 things- Epic Fail needs a champion award, and if you tilt during your epic fail you don't get any fanfare for missing it (which is what i did today).

Did it give the Epic Fail screen? The clip cuts out. I agree on a tilt you should not get that message.

Adding an Epic Fail Champion, we will give it some thought.

2 weeks later
#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

That's what i thought so

Love it

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

How do you change the high score lettering to 3 instead of the default of 8?

settings ->Standard->'Limit High Score to 3 Characters':

Quoted from Leachdude:

How do you change it from 8 to the more standard default of 10?

blame Oktoberfest, we had to shrink it down a bit to handle all the tent champions on one page, and did not move it back up to 10, like Houdini. Possible we will change it back to 10.

3 weeks later
#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

TBH... this sounds like the best bug ever ! I really would like to see a video of that.

Does sound like a great bug, and would like to see video and logs so we can investigate.

#2948 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I like to do RLM right away, that way I'm in at least second gear for the rest of the game,

Since you only get one turbo boost per gear, I suggest picking it up and using the first gear boost before redlining. Even if you don't have other stuff ready to go, you can always use the boost to build the track mb jackpot, since the value for first set of jackpots is built based on the tach as you build the track.

3 weeks later
#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:SO STINKING CLOSE to Legend MB last night! Apparently you have to beat Draven's mode to get Roger Dodger, if he escapes it doesn't count. Drained out on my attempt to restart the mode...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1120430880

Yup, while you don't have to defeat all of his creatures, you do have to defeat Draven if you want a shot to become a hot wheels, I mean a Hot Wheels legend. If you don't defeat him, you can pick up from where you left off if you spell battle again and re-start the mode.

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Good to know we pick-up progress where we left off. Does it resume on exactly the same task? In other words, if we hit four letters and a car the first time in the battle, the mode will resume needing to hit the second car target? I need to update the rules wiki with what I've been learning...

You resume at whichever phase you were at when you failed, so in your example, you would have the same four letters completed and be on the second car target.

1 week later
#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

When I'm in a battle or multiball and get the tach all the way to 10 the RLM music will come on over the top of whatever else

This has been fixed for next release

Quoted from madamyates:

Would love to dial down the auto plunge to less than 60 seconds. On location players walk away from games all the time and one minute per ball is pretty annoying. Would also love the option to have a maximum of two players.

Less than 60? Seems risky, especially in a multiplayer game where someone steps away for a moment, but we can look at it. Can't say anyone has ever asked for a limit on number of players, but we can look at that as well.

Quoted from waldo34:

Small would like to have.. Love to be able to lower default high scores. Think kids party and joy of being on the board.

Currently we have no support for adjusting high scores. Given that we have a over a dozen of achievements, hard to see a lot of folks wanting to go through them all and change them. We can put it on the wish list, to assess for a future release.

No bugs to mention, just wondering if there was any additional content coming. Had always hoped there would be a way to just start a race independently.

This is something we talk about, so one of these days we might find the time to make it happen.

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Also, separate adjustable light levels for back glass for both attract mode and game play!

pretty sure I already did this for the next release.

Quoted from madamyates:

The option would be great. We have our Sterns and Williams (those that support it) dialed down to 10-15 seconds and it seems to be a non-issue during group play tournaments. Our location is free play and a lot of patrons mash the start button, get four players, and walk away after a few balls. We limit to two players on machines that support it unless it's a tournament or a request. Three to four players is rare if it isn't a tournament. Easy enough to adjust when needed.

I can see in a free play environment those needs. That short a timer would need to then start after the 'Intro' sequence on ball one.

Quoted from JagDaniels:

I also would really enjoy that, just because elliot and chase team up.

The brothers have a bit of a rivalry, so, maybe they would be on different teams

Quoted from epotech:

Ferret, when a ball is saved via the right outlane, there needs to be something. A sound effect would work. It must be worth more than just being in the shooter? Maybe another go at a skillshot.

We have talked about it, but give the tach component, a skill shot would be too much of a reward on top of what is basically a 'ball save', but maybe we can do something to acknowledge it.

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Shaker use outside of the modes?

Quoted from CraigC:

The skill shot audio choreography could be tweaked. You should get skill shot 1 on a hard plunge instead of 2, but there’s some audio dead air like when you pass 2 but are just a hair short of 3.

Sorry, I get 3 most of the time, so not sure what you are talking about I'll have to try it out.

Quoted from CraigC:

Shaker use outside of the modes?

Obviously we try to find the right balance so there is not too much shaker where it loses its effectiveness. But we will look for places that would benefit. Suggestions always welcome. Set the shaker adjustment to 'heavy' to get more shaker action in game play. Can't recall what it adds on Hot Wheels, might just be pops.

Quoted from CraigC:

More random audio. You never get the “why…because I’m evil” line. Tons of great audio clips from the series, would be cool to hear more back and forth between chase and Elliot.

While some of the lines are from the YouTube show, the speech in the game is not, but are sound-a-likes and all speech had to go through a lengthy review process with Mattel, although only a few lines we had to change or get rid of. We have some additional speech that has not yet made its way in, often it is about finding the right places (and time) to drop it in. I like the "I'm Evil" in the intro, but maybe we will find some other place to use it.

BTW, I'm doing a Houdini stream with Jack Danger on Thursday, where we will be showing a new feature, one that will also be making its way to Hot Wheels.

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So look's like we're getting Co-Op mode hey? !!!!

Here is the Houdini stream from last night, team play starts at about 8 minutes in. First we talk about it, then play teams 2v2 then play full co-op with all 4 players on one team. Players on a team share score and progress.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1137294283

1 week later
#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

I'm back into pinball after stepping away for a few years and I'm looking to buy. Hot Wheels has caught my eye, but I watched a few gameplay videos tonight and in both of them the ball went to a ramp, then when deposited to the inlane the ball bounced out of the inlane into the outlane to drain. The first time was a video from Dead Flip and I thought nothing of it because that's not unheard of. But then I watched another video of some guy playing and it happened to him more than once.
Is this a common problem with this machine or did I just get lucky to see it in two different videos?

After the first hundred games or so an anti-moonwalk device was added to both ramps to prevent this. Early owners were sent, via their distributor, the parts to retrofit their games.

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think the code compensates for the outland drain when it comes off the ramp? I was playing the other day and it did that, and i got a ball save. Maybe I am wrong?

there is a ball save off the feed from the Draven's tower saucer if that bounces to the outlane

#3100 2 years ago

Hey guys and gals, Ferret and I were talking over beers last night about adding a 'race only' mode to Hot Wheels. We came up with a few different ways to go about it, but, we thought before we finalize our plans, that we would open it up to see if any of you have thoughts on it. I know most of you have no opinions on anything, but in case a few of you do, how would like to see it done?

We will just sit back and let you all debate how it should be done.

1 month later
#3237 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

all right [quoted image]

This is beta code so, keep that in mind if installing.

#3251 2 years ago
#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

The topper in of itself and machine are lighting up the garage.

Keep in mind brightness of the topper is tied to the backglass brightness setting, and in the current beta code, available on the website for those who want to test it out, you can have different brightness in attract vs game play.

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Are there any Hot Wheels on the line now or is only Legends of Valhalla being
made?

Currently Hw and lov are on the lines. I would expect lov to be on line 2 for the foreseeable future. HW will likely be on line 1 for at least a month or two, I would expect okto next on line 1, but depends on availability of a new upgraded part. After okto could be back to HW or possibly Houdini, will depend on backlogged orders and parts availability.

1 month later
#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Heh honestly I didn't notice that! I see it now that you've mentioned it. Its kind of a slow pulse effect eh? Tach doing a spinning colors animation during Boost would be even better.
Best would be a more dramatic call-out, that's what would help the most. The current call-out is the chill surfer dude kind of calmly saying "turbo boost activated" I think. With all the noise on the table I find it a little hard to notice. It should be like "OMG GIVE IT THE GAS GAS GAS".
But I appreciate that changing the call-outs with Mattel is IP approval hell, so let's talk more lights
I'd flash the four fire truck lights while Boost is activated
Or do the full table Red Line Mania-style red pulse once or twice
I mean, Boost Scoring is literally the most points you can make in this game in like 20 seconds. Leveraging it well is fundamental to high scores north of 2B. It shouldn't be something you can miss.
All of which is respectfully submitted because I love this game. And admittedly this suggestion is very much gilding the lily.

btw, the tach on screen shows as being on fire when turbo is active, not that the player is looking at the screen If you watch the series Chase and Elliott pretty much always keep their cool, even when battling dinosaurs. We will give some thought to the lighting, but I don't want to create even more pressure on the player to produce, as it is stressful enough trying to make shots when you know you only have 15 seconds, but we do want you to know it is active.

#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

We're wondering what ARI means for the factory wizard name. A Real I....( expert) ?

Ari was our key point of contact at Mattel. She went above and beyond in getting us the cars for car collecting, expediting approvals within Mattel, getting us other assets, as well as many other things. Ferret and I could think of no better way to show our appreciation, than making her the Hot Wheels legend. Since they have a Hot Wheels in their office, it also let everyone there know how much we appreciated her.

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

I know we’re in beta code, but my Hot Wheels is on location and I wish the Team Play was better explained. In fact, it isn’t explained or advertised at all (unless I’m missing it). Are there plans on doing this if team play is enabled? Thanks

When team play is enabled in settings there is a screen in attract that explains how to initiate team play when starting a game.

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Ok, I did see the screen yesterday; and I understand why I missed it now. Bottom line, I still think this could be better advertised. I’m not sure what the solution is. Maybe repeat every 4 screens or so and make TEAM PLAY text bigger or something? I’m just thinking this is a newer mostly unique feature that could draw in potential players. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the input. We will give it more thought, like everything in pinball it is all about finding the right balance.

If you want to promote it, one thing you could do is to put a note where the instruction card is or a sign on top of the head that says "hold right flipper to learn about team play!", which will then jump to that screen in attract.

1 week later
#3385 2 years ago

There are five speakers, two on each side on top and subwoofer in lower cabinet. There have never been “lower” speakers on HW.

#3388 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe the parts circled made him wonder ? No holes on his game.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Quoted from jumpyg1258:

Exactly, I only have holes on the top piece.

Some HW might have lower grills with holes as if there are speakers, but they don’t have speakers. The cabinets no longer have the openings to support them.

1 week later
#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Just got my game, and the ~6-month wait was well worth it. <20 plays, but this will get a lot of play this year. Still much to learn, but I somehow had a 15B Car Chaos ball, and ended at 16B. Not really sure how the score ramped up that fast, or if I can ever do that again.
[quoted image]

One possibility is you have a stuck car target, which will make it easier to get to car chaos and higher scoring. Go into switch test make sure none of the car switches are stuck closed and then also bang the playfield with your hand and see if any of the car switches register. The other possibility is you triggered the Turbo Boost during car chaos, which would be great and timely use of Turbo.

#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

Its pretty random, every now and then when the ball is travelling past the magnet it gets attracted by the magnet as if it was powered on, with sometimes getting fully stuck on like what happens at the start of a race.
Next time I get to playing the machine I'll see if it happens again and will note the time and then see if I can pull the logs.

magnet will pulse on left orbit shots if the tach is 5 (I think) or above which will accelerate it faster up the ramp, sometimes based on the speed of the ball it will do weird stuff if the timing is off.

Other than start of race or in loop crash MB, it should not be holding the ball. Might want to check that balls are not getting magnetized. But if you see it getting stuck, note accurate date/time and send us the logs (please check your games clock is set correctly).

#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I bought a HW with 100 games played. Saw that the magnet never worked. Wrote to support but did not receive a response. How long does it usually take to get an answer?
[quoted image]

I see you opened a ticket late yesterday. I'm sure you will hear form Dave shortly and he will help get you back up and running. I suspect you might also have a blown FET.

2 weeks later
#3435 2 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I have had my HW for almost a year now. I have been putting up scores of ~1B on the regular however car chaos remains elusive. To my knowledge no one has ever even entered the mode on my machine. Is there something I should check out from a diagnostic standpoint or do I simply need to improve my game?

Car chaos is about collecting enough cars (40 at default), and then collecting the mystery award to start it. The mystery award is based on hitting all four car targets, so you might start by checking that all four car targets are working correctly. Be sure to check with a ball, not your hand.

Keep i mind there is also a difficulty adjustment for earning it that you can lower down to get it more often.

#3450 2 years ago

in the factory we use Wizards Mist and Shine for cleaning playfields, which is pretty similar to Novus1.

It is recommend to wipe down the playfield on a regular basis to remove any dust or grime. If you are not sure the last time you wiped down the game, it is overdue.

Changing balls can really vary from game to game, based on what the balls are hitting, e.g. how often is it hitting some kind of a metal edge. I recommend inspecting all balls each time your clean the game and replace if seeing any damage. Check for any scratches, dings, flat spots, etc. as well as making sure they aren not magnetized. When it doubt, replace them.

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I have a question ....
How exactly does team play work?
I'm either stupid ,slow or both but I don't get it.

Make sure you are on the beta code 21/10/24
Make sure it is enabled in settings (settings->standard->Team Play Allowed)
You can confirm it is enabled by holding right flipper in attract for a couple of seconds and you will see the info about the team play.
With right flipper button held in, press start for the number of players like you would normally.
Then on each players turn they can choose which team they want to be on by pressing either the left or right flipper.
Since player select team on their first ball, you can hit start after the game starts to add players.

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

May seem like a dumb question but how do you typically check if your pinballs are magnetized?

Dave did a video on this for Oktoberfest, he shows one method for checking for this in the first couple of minutes . . .

2 weeks later
#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Any production update from American pinball?
Last I heard they were waiting for cabinets (seems odd)?
Looking forward to getting my Hot Wheels!

Cabinets are slightly different for each game, and I know at one point the cabinet shipment was for the wrong game. Regardless, I see LOV and HW games going out the door every day, but certainly not at the quantity we would all like to see.

1 week later
#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

then timing turbo boost scoring (once per ball)

Once per gear, not ball, when qualified via pops and kickback. Important to use your boost before redlining and shifting gears.

2 weeks later
#3566 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Noticed the knocker sound at the beginning of Loop Crash is gone on the most recent code. rosh can we have it back please? (If it's buried in settings apologies in advance.)

no knocker change was made. Check that your skill shot 3 switch is working correctly.

3 months later
#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The p-roc framework has software controlled flippers (EOS is optional). EOS is only used for a re-flip if the flipper is pushed and a ball collapses the flipper.

Not quite accurate. That is true on Houdini, but not on Hot Wheels or Oktoberfest where in addition to re-flips, the EOS is also used to cut off high power, which helps reduce excessive heat if coil settings are set higher than needed. This does mean on those games, an improperly gapped or missing EOS can cause power issues.

As far as LOV, when I initially ported over the framework improvements, there was no EOS, so not sure if the EOS behavior is same as Houdini or if after EOS was added, if it was changed to be the same as okto, HW and the last game I was working on.

2 weeks later
#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

The fact that you have had it over a year and still haven't "beaten" it, says a lot, too.

defeating Draven just earns you one of five hero cars. Get all five then you get to the wizard mode and a chance to beat the game and become a hot wheels . . . Legend.

7 months later
#3874 1 year ago
Quoted from Weazel:

The fact that I can reload the code seems to say the SSD is OK. Motherboard with the CPU or RAM are suspect.
Always get the one or two line [FAILED] error code at switch on or when it randomly reboots.
Everything freezes when the problem occurs and the reboot commences.

those failed messages are likely meaningless and a result of Linux unable to do something due to the read only nature of the system.

FYI, providing 12v direct to the computer, does not eliminate a power issue causing reboots, as drops in voltage to the proc will also cause restarts of the game. Has anyone looked at the logs?

1 week later
#3888 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:Does this happen by finishing a race while loop crash is active or does crossing the finish line on the last required loop start both simultaneously?

loop crash and victory laps will always start together if you are shoot the race clean through, e.g make the 12 shots in order (or don't hit a loop lit shot, when it is not lit for a race position).

The loops are earned on the inner shots, not the orbits, but the left orbit is where you start both. So, once you have victory laps/checkered Flag lit, you want to shoot loops to get loop crash lit, then shoot the left orbit to start both. The icons on screen show many shots are needed.

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Thanks! I’ve had both running together once but didn’t know how I achieved it. I’ve shot independently for loop crash but the time I finished a race and got loop crash going simultaneously was by pure coincidence! Now I know, TY!

you can pretty much always stack them if you want, once the checkered flag is lit, you can just hit the loops to qualify loop/crash -- easier said that done. Even if loop crash is ready first, as long you only need four shots are less for the race, you can light the checkered flag without starting loop crash.

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Awesome Ferret & rosh - Thanks for the advice and for making a great game! What’s the best thing to shoot for once both multiballs are running? Do ramps, loops, or the track builder VUK score higher jackpots than the others (all things equal, no epic features)?
PS > Will I have a chance to meet either of you at MGC?

Yes I’ll be there Friday and part of Saturday.

When stacking the MBs focus on advancing victory lap and advancing progressives across all shots to increase super multiplier, which will also build up loop crash, but when you see green on the left orbit go for the lock and and then shoot again for crash for loop super jackpot. As ferret said keep those RPMs up.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

It is really hard to get through all modes to Draven. I have only done it once since I owned the game.

As a reminder, it is only four battles! but as you said . . . .

Quoted from pinballonthemark:

it is so easy to get distracted with other things to do in the game.

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have a game that loses pop bumper and the ripper shot it also will collect all of the cars when it does. Sometimes it plays fine but most of the time it’s not working correctly. Can’t figure it out for the life of me.

sounds like an issue with a switch bank. First thing I would try, is to go into service mode -switch testing and test those switches and see if there is a bank not working (column in table) or if there are stuck switches. It a bank is out, check the appropriate board to make sure the connector is firm. If only part of a bank is out, could be a break in the common wire between those switches.

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Rosh is like LTG 2.0!

Thanks for the compliment, but I can only aspire to be as knowledgeable and helpful as Lloyd — heck, we don’t even know if my suggestion helped.

1 week later
#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from Weazel:

To cut a long story short, our reboot problem turned out to be a faulty intermittent 8GB memory module.
I fixed it 4 days ago and it is soooo nice to have a fully functional machine again.
Just bad luck we had a CPU problem. Usually these are most reliable, like a PC.
The specs on the memory module for those who might like a bit of cheap insurance are:
8MB 2400MHz DDR4 260pins SO-DIMM (PC4, laptop mem, short form)

Note that not all AP games and not all Hot Wheels use same computer.

1 month later
#3998 11 months ago

The fix for those stuck balls is probably documented with a video somewhere in this thread. You can loosen the rail from underneath the playfield and then get the end of the rails snug to the post and tighten. Or from top side use a the shaft of the tool using the back rail as a leverage point to bend it slightly to the post so that small gap does not cause it to stick.

Curious to see what your fastest race time will be. World record is under a minute.

#4000 11 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about stucked balls, yep Josh, i've just bend the rail to close the small gap & it does the trick... should i've done that before asking, its so logical
for now, i'm concentrate on the overall game, but later than i will go for the race only, and let you know (even if i'm just "good", not a "wizard" lol)
after 1 day i'm at 4.5 B, while collecting 4 cars out of 5
tanx to the team for having made this game, i know already its more than a good one !

Yup, easy fix, the crazy thing is how just a tiny gap like that can trap the ball.

Hot Wheels is probably the most bang for the buck in pinball these days, especially at its original sales price. It is very approachable for novices, has tremendous breadth for an enthusiast in a home environment to have so many things they can focus on, and is challenging for a tournament player as we worked very hard to ensure balanced scoring with no exploits (well there was one, that we fixed before release) requiring skill and strategy to get big scores.

3 weeks later
#4018 10 months ago

Deluxe often means Magic Glass, knocker, shaker and in the case of HW, the upgraded rails, which were standard on the games previous to HW, but not available at all during the first run.

The first 500 HW included the shaker

Inside art was considered standard after Houdini, and was on the first release of HW, but not sure if that has changed.

The single plastic topper, unlit, was originally included with all HWs, not sure if that has changed.

2 weeks later
#4031 9 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My HotWheels won’t remember the boot device anymore. I’m pretty confident the battery on the motherboard is dead. Does anyone know what battery that is so that i don’t have to make two trips to the bar for support?

A couple of different computers have been used, so you will need to look inside. Some have the battery connected with a cable (see below) and some the battery is in a holder on the mother board (hopefully yours is the latter). You may also need to get info from AP to be able to set all of the boot settings correctly in addition to setting the boot device. If it is the on board type, it is likely the 2032 as LTG posted.

PC battery Pic (resized).jpgPC battery Pic (resized).jpg
#4037 9 months ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Do you guys think 11 or 12 is still fine for the settings of the VUK ?

Yes

1 month later
#4052 8 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I get green screens quite often unfortunately. My flippers are still spongy after cleaning the linkage and the plastic tube. I check the end stop and they seem good. Am I missing something?

Green screens — Some hot wheels use a dell computer that if the power supply/brick/cord is not working correctly the computer won’t run full speed and you can get frequent green screens. There may be messages on screen on boot up, but those might be suppressed. Has it always had this issue?

On the flippers, check the EOS gapping.

2 weeks later
#4066 8 months ago

seems like in some cases you are missing the red. hard to know if these photos were taken while the colors were changing which can give you false info. I suggest going into the LED test, it should rotate all LEDS through Red, Green, Blue, and note each LED that has an issue and which colors are at issue. That might reveal a pattern that will help with troubleshooting.

for the outlane, you can swap the cable with the inlane, which will shed light if it is a bad LED or something else.

#4069 8 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Thanks for your Response. Pit Stop and P don't light at all. Completely dead. E lights but only blue. I think that's a great idea to swap the inlane and outline. That will let me troubleshoot that. It just seems weird to have 3 lamps in the same cluster having issues, I was going to open a support ticket with American pinball so that I can start ordering needed parts.

is it blue or is it missing Red?

Given how the electronics, wiring and cabling all work, a cluster of LEDs is not necessarily odd and can you tell a lot. If my memory serves, Pitstop, left outlane and left inlane are all served as satellites off of the BATTLE letters board and I believe share a single connector on that board, so likely it is just not seated correctly.

2 weeks later
#4096 7 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

This is the same with mine. No green screens when I was running the original code. Now I seem to get them during the cut scenes. Is there any way to roll back to the last version?

Quoted from RYE_:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Most recent code introduced the green screen problem, previous version didn't have it.
Not sure if I have a Dell computer in there but my manufacture date is March 2021 and the serial number is in the 3400 range. If the Dell is running below spec due to a known power supply issue can I put in a ticket for a replacement power supply?
The code is otherwise great.
The only other bug I see once in a while is the magnet occasionally getting confused and locking the ball for 5ish seconds when it isn't supposed to.
That gives me a chance to sip my beer so I don't mind that bug much!

When I was there, I'd always leave a previous version of the code on the site, assuming that has not been changed or removed, you should be able to go back a version. Just download and install. Not convinced your issues are software related, but easy enough to test out.

Yes power supply issues with the Dell computer used in some Hot Wheels, will cause the computer to run at a slow speed and that will cause green screens. If rapidly hitting flippers in attract causes green screens good chance that is the issue.

#4099 7 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Howdy,
Thanks Rosh. I looked at the website and the only code is the current offering. I went from no green screens to green screens all the time. Not sure what changed besides the code.
So back to me blowing up my LED board. This is interesting. I asked support if American Pinball has a wiring diagram so that I can figure out what board was controlling the flasher that I shorted. They responded with this:
"That board is the LED controller board. I believe it runs all the LEDs on the playfield. I have asked for wiring diagrams to share with you, I am told that they are confidential by the engineering department."
I have never seen a pinball machine that you could not get a wiring diagram for. It doesn't make sense. If I had the time I could easily unbundle the wires and document each color of wire and which pin it is attach and what each board does.
I think its a bad mistake not to let the consumers know how to fix their own equipment. They could make a lot of money on people like me that like to take apart a machine and mod the hell out of it. You know I am going to blow boards and wiring. I just need to know what parts to order from them to fix it.

Can’t speak to what is going on there these days. If memory serves, all flashers are served off of one board which is also the board that drives the back panel rgb strip. It’s the only board that will have a row of two pin connectors with black and yellow wiring.

1 week later
#4104 7 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Ok so I received the board for the LED's today. I am waiting to put it in, but the Board number they sent is PCB 40. Clearly, the board with the blown fuse is board 53. On the left of board, 53 is where the flashers are connected. Does anyone know the differences between these 2 boards? I am still suspecting board 53. I do not like American Pinball's Secrecy around the electronics. They will not make it long with owners not able to maintain their own games. Putting this machine on a route could turn into a nightmare without being able to troubleshoot.
[quoted image]

40 and 53 are nothing alike. 40 is a 3.3/5V LED board that drives up to 15 RGB LEDs, and acts as the start of the LED serial chain. It is located on the back of the back panel. 53 is a 12v, pwm driver board capable of supporting, motors, LED flashers, and RGB LED strips. The only thing they have in common is that they are both on the same serial bus.

2 weeks later
#4138 6 months ago

One issue with right saucer is that if you hit it just right it won't hit the flat rail and get directed up into the saucer, but will just go straight through, past the saucer, and into the shooter lane and down to the inlane.

1 month later
#4164 5 months ago

Of course to have that 8X part (although we talk about it as the current 'shot value' vs a multiplier), you need to keep your RPM up, which gets harder to do in higher gears, so you need to find that sweet spot of the gear and RPM.

1 week later
#4168 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If anyone is interested I'm selling a rare Hot Wheels factory autographed banner.
PM me if interested. Asking $200 + cost to mail it.

It is a nice banner, but worth mentioning it has zero signatures of those who actually worked on the game.

#4173 5 months ago

You want a spring that is just strong enough to return the flipper back quickly. A spring that is too strong will require a higher coil setting and heat up the coils faster. I recall arguing with Balcer about springs but don’t remember the details.

I suggest putting one on the left and the other on the right and see which you like better.

4 months later
#4228 28 days ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

I am still having issues with the cut scenes turning green since the latest update. I was going to go back to the previous update as it was not happening, but AP has taken down all Hot Wheel Updates from their website..

AP was using HP computers briefly during part of the Hot Wheels run and if the power cord on those is damaged the computer won't run at full speed and the green screens become a lot more prevalent. If you get a bunch of green screens when hitting flippers in attract, could be an indication of an HP with a bad power supply/cable. You can take a look in the backbox and see which computer is installed.

2 weeks later
#4234 12 days ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell from these photos if this is an HP? It doesn't look like an HP to me, but I could be wrong. Also if I hit the flippers really fast is see a glimpse of the green screen.

Not the HP and you would see a lot of green.

I see someone is reporting new/better memory has helped them. Something to consider.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.