975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Pretty sure it is . . .
Game box size: 58” Height X 30” Wide X 31” Length
Pallet size: 33” x 35”

Can someone confirm the box dimensions for me?

#2407 3 years ago

"Pretty sure" and "are" are two different things Mr. LTG. It is important since I am determining what little passengers I can bring with me.

#2409 3 years ago

Thanks LTG. Welp I guess if it doesn't fit the kids can go home on the roof

I didn't want to trouble those guys with responding to a box size. I am sure their time is better spent taking care of something more important so I figured Id just ask here and someone would know off hand. I do have a few inches to spare but it the difference of having to remove seats if those measurements are off. Thanks LTG I appreciate it.

I had no idea there was a wiki devoted to fitting a pinball in various vehicles.

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

“Pretty sure”, because I did not personally measure it.

Yes I figured as much rosh, thank you sir.

Thank you everyone I appreciate the response. I am pretty excited to pick up this machine, this will by my first AP.

#2432 3 years ago

This is a really great game. It is still very fresh for me but here are a few things.

The build quality as many stated is very nice. Solid cabinet using all good materials. Cabinet protectors behind the legs. The pixel quality of the decals is great and the colors are vibrant. Back glass looks great. I love the artwork on the entire game. If I had to nit pick, I would like to see more cable supports under the playfield. Most of the harness is supported by means of all the cables tied together. The decals wrap the cabinet and while this is a nice look I can see wrinkling happening at the corners (two separate planes meeting). The leg bolts I scrapped, I like the different bolt type (something new) but the plain steel socket head cap screw is kind of crappy. Not a big deal, I slapped some standard leg bolts in there.

I am still very fresh on the gameplay but it is a blast to play. Its hilarious and I love that quality about it. The shots are a little tighter than I am used to but I am learning the shots well with maybe the forward kickback being the exception. That shot being not much wider than the ball itself requires dead accuracy. I do have the occasional air ball off the targets but I am sure this can be solved with different foam backing (as many have suggested). The ramp shot was nuts with air balls at first thought it did seam to calm down after a bunch of games. It is possible it was cleaned with something very slippery. I do still get a wild ball launch off of the ramp once in a while. I think maybe a cover would have been nice here. I am looking into adding something but there isn't many options for mounting (without drilling holes in the ramp).

No physical ball lock on this and even though I like a lock I do not miss it. The game plays a progresses seamlessly without one. It really made me think about the concept of a ball lock (sometimes I think too much lol). Last game I had without one was Party Zone. The rules are great, there are several directions to go in and things to work towards in any order. It has that open playground feel. I know every game progresses in a direction but too much funneling to one path or direction takes away from a game so I'd imagine this is a delicate balance. I think Hot Wheel did well here.

All in all this game rips when you are hitting shots. Well done to the American Pinball team and all involved, you did a great job.

#2435 3 years ago

I am wondering if the LEDs getting stuck on one color is related to the connectors. Mine was getting worse and worse so I decided to check the connectors and found almost every black colored LED board connector (address/power etc.) partially seated. When I get a game I go over every single connector in the game, check all points for shorting etc. so I know they were fully seated. It might be that since there are no harness supports, essentially the entire harness is hanging from every connector, they could be vibrating loose especially since they are not locking connectors. For those having trouble, I would suggest looking over these connectors making sure they are fully seated. After I corrected mine, so far no stuck LEDs. Could be a coincidence, I wont know for a little while but it is awfully suspicious and a partially seated plug is definitely no good. I think if AP doesn't provide any harness supports I may just pick a few up and add some in key places to get more of an upward pressure on the plugs instead of pulling away downward. For now clipping some wire ties will take a little stress off of them.

#2444 3 years ago

No luck, still getting a color stuck on the lighting. Hopefully they work this out, its a real bummer. I love this game though. I like the layout, the animations, the light shows, the rules are fun. I like the opaque inserts.

Is anyone else getting the occasional wild ball launch off the orange ramp? I am at 6.2 degrees.

#2446 3 years ago

No Lock-ups for me but I am not running the latest code yet. I am still two updates behind but I should be updating today.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:How serviceable are the fans in the backbox? My table is making very typical "fan is about to die" noises. I haven't pulled the glass yet, so I'm not sure if it's a power supply or PC fan that's an issue.

What fan did this end up being for you? Mine is also making that "fan is about to crap out" noise. I am almost certain mine is coming from the power supply in the lower cabinet.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

It's likely the power supply's end-flaps are vibrating against its cover. I found the PSU end-flaps were not secured from the factory, which produces audible aluminum-to-aluminum noises from a variety of machine vibrations. Looking at the base-to-cover design; the cover is intended to slip over the base without end-flap gasketing nor securing hardware. The PSU cooling fan was loud; sounded like the machine had multiple fans running. You should contact API for assistance as the PSU has 'Void' stickers on the assembly.

Thanks Rockford, will do. Admittedly I already opened the case to investigate. I really did think the sticker on top was meant to "not remove" until I saw the void sticker. I am the type to investigate.

#2502 3 years ago

Need to add an audio when adding players..., a sound and some random vocals.

#2516 3 years ago

For those people having issues with your leds getting stuck on a color. Take a close look at all of your cabling from the main led boards and to the smaller linked satellite boards. I found two pins not fully seated into their plug. This was on the wider black colored plugs that link the main led boards to the smaller satellite boards. What I would do is remove these plugs from the board and gently (gently) give each wire a little tug. They should not pull right out of the connector. If they do, push them back in and see if they will lock into the plug.

#2518 3 years ago

Mr. Outlane, did you ever get your game crashing issue sorted out?

#2522 3 years ago

Has anyone figured out a fix for the airballs? I have done the suggested replacement of the foam backing to the softer gray colored foam. I still get way too many crazy airballs and I am not sure changing out the foam made any difference. I am one notch lower from factory flipper strength setting. Maybe someone can explain why this is happening. I am usually pretty good at figuring out stuff but this one I just can’t see. Could it be the stickers on the targets. What about these targets is different from any other game?

#2523 3 years ago

Actually I was at 23....two notches below factory. I lowered it to 22 and it seems better. The ramp can still be back flipped so...pretty good. I’d still like to know why these targets produce airballs..

#2532 3 years ago

Damn snakes........LOL

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Snakes... why does it always have to be snakes?

Those things....they just keep getting out. Round up two, one gets out. Hilarious....probably the hardest of the creature battles.

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

I’ve had my Hot Wheels machine for almost 6 months and I have yet to figure out a reliable solution for the constant air balls. I’ve lowered the flipper strength, adjusted the table pitch a million times, adjusted the RPM targets, changed the flipper rubbers to a softer compound and I still get almost 1 airball per ball.
It’s so frustrating to be having a good ball and then the car or RPM targets will just launch an airball right over my flippers into the trough or bounce it off the glass causing nice moon craters in the playfield. I have maybe 200 plays on mine and the RPM and car targets are beat to hell. When I replace those I’m going to try adding some foam backing or use a softer plastic all together. I’ve never had or played another machine that was so prone to just tossing the ball all over the playfield like a scud middle....keep those cars zip tied!

Yea, same here. I have no idea. I am at very close to 6.5 degrees, probably a little under I think it was. My target stickers are getting beat to hell. The targets themselves seem to be holding up fine. The playfield has a lot of ball dents but so does my Dialed In. My plan is to play these playfields to death. Then either hang them on the wall or throw them in the trash when I get a new one some day (hopefully). I get the same though once in a while, wild ball launch right over the flipper. I am waiting for the glass to shatter, only then will I consider it an Epic game lol. In all seriousness maybe someone will figure something out. Not that it is a solution but the factory flipper setting is too high, but it does help to lower it.

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No. I'm going to pull the logs and send them in next time it does it. But I haven't had any time to play game for the last week and a half.

What happens when it crashes? Is it just a reset back to square one, or does it just lock up in some random state? Maybe you have intermittent power to your motherboard or some other related component? I would look closely at all the cabling if you have not already. It is at least something you can do while you wait to capture the logs and send them out.

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Have you considered running at factory spec pitch? 6.0 instead of 6.5?

I will take another reading, see where I am at and dial it down. Maybe it is just a little too much.

#2577 3 years ago

Yea its just a slice of wood with a lot of stuff hanging from the bottom. All playfields are like this. What I do is make sure I never exceed 6.5 (or whatever pitch I am shooting for) in any given spot. Even if that means another area is a little less pitched.

#2622 3 years ago

So I have this theory. It looks like when I get a wild airballl, it looks like what is happening is a ball is reflecting off of the RPM targets and actually becoming airborne off of the car standup target to the immediate right. I swear I caught this happening, it happens so fast though.....any thoughts?

#2624 3 years ago

I did think of that. Maybe I can get someone to man my phone while I try and reproduce it. I don’t own any camera equipment. It is almost like the ball is riding up off the back (or side) of that car target. That target is also leaning more and more to the right so it is definitely getting beat up. This is the only place I have air ball issues.

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
question to the owners of this pinball machine,
is there the same problem as on the houdini: sometimes loss of power on the drummers?
thank you

Hi Seb, I have experienced a momentary loss of power on the flippers. I am not sure what is causing it yet. The first time it happened I adjusted the gap on the left flipper cabinet switch. I have recently experienced it again on the right flipper. At this point I am going to say it just needs a flipper cabinet switch adjustment again.

2 weeks later
#2689 3 years ago

I had a player start Red Line Mania immediately after starting a creature battle (Gorilla). Red line mania ended with an odd some red some green insert lighting then I believe returned to normal creature battle.

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think this could be software since I believe I was able to duplicate the same situation. I too started Red Line Mania during a battle and after had two inserts stay fully lit and a different color. Would not go away until I reset the machine. One may have been the Super Jackpot insert at the kick back and the other was right next to it on the right. I checked the connectors and all seems well.
Might I just say, the creature battles are tough. I love it!

I agree it does seem like a software bug though no one responded so maybe this is already known. I can't say exactly what led to this state since it was another player playing and I had just stepped away only to just catch the game starting Red Line while in a creature battle and I know that should not happen.

The snakes get me, they seem to be the hardest. Very fitting that they will escape if too much time has elapsed. You know how snakes are, they are always trying to escape

2 weeks later
#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I didn't know Cliffy had a set for Hot Wheels.

The last I saw these were on his "to build" list and I think he was gauging interest. I was not able to order a set at that time, this was maybe a month ago.

2 weeks later
#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Congrats!
It is wonderful to hear that your whole famaily is enjoying Hot Wheels. I like to backhand the Track Builder shot with my left flipper. I seem to be more accurate that way. Enjoy!

Surprisingly my kids are not attracted to Hot Wheels. My 7 year old still likes WOZ, it is his favorite. Odd though, I though they would be all over Hot Wheel. Just goes to show with kids, sometimes its the $7 toy they love and the $50 one they toss aside, you just never know what they will take to. I am pretty good with the Track builder shot but once in a while if I really need that left orbit and I just cant hit it I back flip it. Same for the forward kickback. I love to hit that shot straight on but I will back flip that one also if necessary.

1 week later
#2833 2 years ago

Yea...

5DA760DA-FEE3-4A60-82C1-01B4C7B7DF5B (resized).jpeg5DA760DA-FEE3-4A60-82C1-01B4C7B7DF5B (resized).jpeg
#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nice, pinstyle!
It's so dang addicting when you're just playing the game, finish the race, and it cheerfully tells you "Time = 01:50, Record = 01:48"... my brain immediately dwells on some shot I remember missing along the way. But then when you finally shave a few seconds off the record time, it feels soooo good. And then the cycle starts again. If you did X last game, surely you can manage X - 1 second this time.....

I have started thinking about calculating what the fastest time it could be completed in, I think it will be a while before I top it but you never know.

Yea, Scoot that is still a really good time man.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

A tip for Noobs ( that's us and I just luv that term). Every 300 games or so, rotate the slingshot rubbers and flipper rubbers a small amount, so that the tip rubber is rotated behind the flippers and the slingshot rubber tips are rotated to a "quieter"area. The tips of the rubbers take an absolute hammering and this is where they are likely to crack and break. This will prolong the life of the rubbers. But if you're really desperate, like we were! You can use a couple of heavy duty staples with a bit of UV glue and you are back in business! Next post I have will be about how to fix stuck lights and the LED matrix issue. ( I have been investigating. )
[quoted image]

That is some serious desperation there. I haven't gotten anywhere with the LED issue. So far it looks like if I unplug a group of LED's from the LED driver board the issue goes away...so far, but I would need to run the game a lot longer to confirm. I took some voltage readings here and there of the 12v and 5v. 12v is a hair low, 5v being the lowest at around 4.82v at some LED boards. The 5v seems to fluctuate but could be normal depending on the demand on the system at a given time.

#2845 2 years ago

Oh...faster yet..., shaved off a few seconds. I think I can get it lower. I dont know if I will get as low as 50 some seconds but I should be able to shave a little more off yet.

BA6BF78D-7DC6-457B-AA65-A598D0B42F6C (resized).jpegBA6BF78D-7DC6-457B-AA65-A598D0B42F6C (resized).jpeg

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Keep in mind the sub one minute times were done with some aggressive methods to get a fast time. For example, timing out the skill shot and then using a rapid double flip, timed just right, on race start to avoid the magnet grab and drop into the pops, using tilts to stop the clock when in the pops, etc.

I see. I am not looking to exploit the system, just going to keep trying to get it a little lower. Not that there is anything wrong with taking advantages of loop holes just to see how low you can get it.

On another note I haven't been able to get out of third gear. I have loosely pursued it but moved over to focusing on race time.

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

That is a good approach to focus on one series of events at a time. I would suggest if you are trying to max out the gears, just keep practicing hitting the letters and the booster. To overall help all training try setting the game to five balls and then once you get the hang of it set it back to three. It's your machine and you can set the rules .

That is my normal method to all different games I play. It makes sense to break the game down and work on one thing at a time. Not that I always play like that, sometimes its nice to just work with the randomness of the game. Five balls?....never lol. Yea I didn't realize the turbo boost was such an integral part of increasing rpms. Once you get to third gear it almost seems impossible to get to fourth just by hitting the targets alone. It just takes too many hits to them to achieve that. Thanks for the advice guys.

8 months later
#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Is it just me, or is completing a race pretty difficult? I still haven’t completed one but getting pretty close.

I did it in 1:48, factory settings

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Anyone ever have to put in for a service ticket? I was told to do that for an issue of my flippers and ball eject losing power, I emailed and put the ticket in about a week ago and haven't had a response yet. I know people get busy and things pop up but was just wondering the typical time frame for response.

You shouldn't be waiting long, these guys are really good with helping people out. I am sure someone will chime in soon to help you out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.