Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Thank you for the update !

LTG : )

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I was REALLY looking forward to playing this at TPF!

Me too. TPF would have been my only show this year. So I look forward to some video or streams or something.

Quoted from rosh:

As you can see, games are rolling down the line . . .

Is that the new building ? Hard to tell. The original building is impressive too.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Could make for an awesome topper though.

I was thinking that NASCAR beer sign years ago with the cars running around it. Retheme it for Hot Wheels.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The line is being set up at the new location,

Can't wait for the pictures. I saw your current building and was impressed by how clean and laid out it was.

I don't expect to be back in Chicago again. But if I do I'll make contact to see if I can visit.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Why am I so excited to see this game?

Besides it's new, looks exciting, and many can't wait to play it.

We could all use a little good news right now and something to look forward to.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We have heard from many of you that our games are not at enough locations.

That is true. Hard to sell games when people can't play them. American Pinball can only hit so many shows, and not everyone goes to shows.

I hope when things return to normal, Hot Wheels gets out in mass to locations and home collections. So people can play it.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Might you have one on order LTG?
Would be nice to find one at your place when things get back to normal.

Sadly no.

I was actually thinking on moving a game or two and getting Oktoberfest, or now Hot Wheels.

Unfortunately, they way things are going right now. No. Even if, and that is a huge IF. If things get back to normal. When I can reopen, it may take a long time to recover, rebuild the business.

People are creatures of habit. And once they don't come here and stay home or go elsewhere. No idea how long to rebuild my customer base, or if I can.

Yes, if I reopen and have a new game sitting here to jump start business would be nice.

The situation I'm in won't make that possible.

Maybe someday. Got to have something to hope for.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Michael Grant, here - the recently hired Sales and Marketing Manager for American Pinball.

Hi Michael

Welcome aboard. You get to work with some really great guys. Dhaval, Joe Balcer, Josh, Ferret, and others I'm forgetting.

Best wishes and every success to you and American Pinball !

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can't wait for everyone to play the game!

Sadly I may have to wait until next year. With TPF cancelled, I don't have plans for any other shows this year. ( even if things return to normal ).

So hopefully TPF goes on next year. I get sent there. And I can see Hot Wheels and my American Pinball buddies there !

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Here are a few more photos of the playfield.

Thank you Michael. That is looking great. Your AP crew did good on this.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Given social distancing and the situation here in Illinois, it is possible first stream is me alone in my basement

Not an entirely bad thing. Other than you won't be running around in your shorts or jammies, just in case you get on camera.

There isn't a lot of excitement out there right now. You could brighten many peoples day by having something to see.

1 month later
#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it!

It looks like a lot of fun. I hope I get a chance. Though maybe not until TPF next year for me.

Can't wait to hear what people think and start seeing videos !

2 weeks later
#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

With all the shows being cancelled that will be difficult this year. If AP puts it on location in Chicago let us know. Like the old days.

It is going to be tough to unveil a new pin without shows. ( and even with shows, a manufacturer can't hit them all ) Unless people can see it and play it. They don't know if they want to buy one.

Once places can start to reopen. I hope they can get the games out in the wild to help sales.

1 week later
#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I am very excited to share that American Pinball is back up and running and has resumed building Hot Wheels on our brand new facility in Palatine, IL.

Road trip. Can't wait to see it.

#206 3 years ago

When can we visit the new factory ?

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does this mean Rosh can come out of his basement now?

He's going to need some sun and get a tan.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking forward to this one. Jumped on the list early look forward to seeing what the team came up with.

I was thinking road trip. Visit AP, JJP, and CGC.

See all the teams gearing up.

Going to be an exciting Fall !

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

but why would adults purchase this?

They had Hot Wheels as a kid and like the theme. Game turns out to be a lot of fun and many don't care what it's named ? Some are just AP fans and want the game.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

snif (it didn't happends yesterday night)

but OK we'll wait (but not too much lol)

They did post their new address on Facebook. The new building.

So maybe a future Expo or something we'll get a tour.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The lobby and offices are too clean to be a pinball factory!

I haven't seen the new place. The old one was amazingly spotless and clean.

Quoted from yancy:

Need a bunch of us grubby heathens to roll through and track some dirt in.

Maybe they'll have a mini car wash type set up and run tour groups through it before entering.

#282 3 years ago

Assembly in progress. I'm ready to hit the road for a look see.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Always exciting to see the first machines going into boxes.

American Pinball ( the people ) are doing an amazing job in about the worst of times.

I just wish there were shows coming up so potential customers could get their hands on them and fall in love with your game.

#358 3 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun. I hope I get to play one.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is there a way to watch the stream now?

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#431 3 years ago

Great review Yelobird ! Thank you for taking the time away from enjoying it.

Looks to be a great game.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It could be a naked monkey

Speaking of monkeys.

Did you find the monkey on your game yet ?

Been in every American Pinball machine so far.

I hope they didn't forget. When Williams left the cow out of SW!, that was their last pinball machine.

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You know I have OCD! Had to get up and search every inch of that game to clear that curiosity. Nothing unless you count a gorilla. Close enough lol.

Not as good as the Fred Young one though.

Gotchya !

#466 3 years ago

Game is looking great. I can't wait to play one.

Thank you all for videos and reviews !

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

now I'm in on one,

Wise decision. That game looks like a lot of fun.

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I'm torn between TMNT and Hot wheels.... They both were my childhood so that makes it even more difficult on deciding which one to get

Get that one that hasn't been done before.

#504 3 years ago

Just got the email. Deal just got better. Free shaker motor with first 500 games.

DSC00285 (resized).JPGDSC00285 (resized).JPG
#506 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In the fine print it Says "Unless your name is Lloyd..." You have to answer 100 support calls to get your shaker sorry. Being the Best support tech in the industry has a price sorry.

Darn. Curses. Foiled again.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In the fine print it Says "Unless your name is Lloyd..." You have to answer 100 support calls to get your shaker sorry. Being the Best support tech in the industry has a price sorry.

Do I get extra credit for the calls with no skill level, and no tools, or even knowledge of what different tools are called ?

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No, that is your primary user base.

No sh*t

#573 3 years ago

$1 Million to the first person to demo the skill shot on video.

Me and the monkey would like that in small unmarked bills please.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Damn you sure came up with some great looking items for Hot Wheels !

#601 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

we Love to see the LTG monkey brawl videos lol.

Your wish is my command.

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does seem like this game could use a pop of rail color. Blue maybe?

Same blue as on the apron ? Yes.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Since I'm dancing around it: yes, there is an upcoming code release for Hot Wheels owners. Not a promise, but we hope to release it before the US 4th of July holiday. Lots of great improvements across the board!

Wow. You guys are on a roll. Thank you for adding some excitement during these trying times !

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Oh, BTW, speaking of Oktoberfest car: right around the time we started the Hot Wheels project, I found a Hot Wheels Duck car. I snapped that up; it felt like the perfect transition from Oktoberfest to Hot Wheels. It was just sitting there front and center by my computer, yet none of my friends caught the hint when they saw it.

Anybody wanting to join Ferret's club. Go to Ebay. Search Hot Wheels Duck. Hundreds to choose from.

#652 3 years ago

The four figures are removable. Maybe one could be painted to be Rosh ... Ferret ... LTG .... and Garage Monkey

I'm not on the team. And you have great suggestions for game play updates. Should be : Rosh ... Ferret ... jeffspinballpalace .... and Garage Monkey.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Complete the look of your Awesome Hot Wheels game with our Custom 3D "Shadow Box" mod!

Wow. You really out did yourself on this one ! Ties in great with the look of the game.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I would guess with some help from AP this will hopefully be fairly easy to rectify.

There is a switch test in there. Make sure the switch opens when the drop target goes up and closes when the drop target goes down. Might need simple adjusting. There is a tab sticking out of the drop target that pushes the arm of the switch. Switch might have come loose too. Check wires too.

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Do you also have a closet full of Beer Steins and another full of magic Tricks ?

Old news.

Does he have a closet full of houndstooth hats ?

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Guessing those are all empty.

Now.

1 week later
#755 3 years ago

Only 7 left.

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only 7 left.

Only 1 left.

#758 3 years ago

Sold out.

For a great cause. And some lucky person gets a brand new Hot Wheels pinball machine. Big thank you to all involved !

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If updating code, please pay attention to the comment in the release notes about possibly having to move a cable from one connector to another. There’s a Service Bulletin on the API site with the details. If you need to do it, it’s super fast and easy.

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hotwheels-GI-EPIC-3-Wire-update.pdf

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

What’s a good score on this?

I'd say 758,960,300 is a good score. A darn good score.

And you had fun doing it !

#798 3 years ago

From American Pinball's Facebook page :

You are cordially invited to a delightful evening of #HotWheels Pinball livestreaming TONIGHT 8PM Central hosted by Turbografx7
with a special guest from American Pinball to answer questions in chat!
Come hang out!
Www.Twitch.tv/Turbografx7

#803 3 years ago

www.Twitch.tv/Fliptronic Fliptronic Pinball Twitch feed today at 3pm central daylight time.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did they announce the winner?

Check the Project Pinball website or on Facebook.

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did they announce the winner? I want this badboy in my living room!!

Drawing is today July 19. No idea on time. Good luck my friend !

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drawing is today July 19.

At 8pm EST

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

#001 coming my way

Congratulations !

Thank you Project Pinball !

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I downloaded the pkg file to a USB, plugged it into extension; but nothing happened.

Did you follow the directions in the manual ? You might have to name the file.

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

American Pinball,

American Pinball is a pinball machine manufacturer. They don't post here. Some of their employees do. rosh ( Josh ), ferret, both great software guys. vegas9 their marketing/sales guy, and brenna98 ( Dave ) their tech support guy. A simple search will turn up their names.

Some people like the anonymity, some people use made up names or initials for a variety of reasons, and necessarily to be autonomous.

Mine - LTG : ) - my old video game initials from about 1975, started as a joke and got a life of it's own. My real name is Lloyd Olson. Had my arcade for over 47 years. And help with tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball and Chicago Gaming Company.

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

My name is Joe Schober.

Thank you, I drew a blank on that one. Even though we've met and talked at shows many times. Sorry.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

So starting with American Pinball, can someone help me out with who is who on pinside in regards to their username?

Nirmal is another AP renegade. Though I believe he now works for AP's parent company. He was with their pinball division when Oktoberfest came out and I believe did hang out on Pinside. Great guy. Easy to guess which of the three he is.

nirmal (resized).jpegnirmal (resized).jpeg
#870 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

So starting with American Pinball, can someone help me out with who is who on pinside in regards to their username?

Look at Ferret's avatar. See where it says American Pinball ? click on it an you get the American Pinball business directory - https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1376-american-pinball which gives their handle and avatars. Not necessarily their real names.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I apologize again for my ignorance

No need to apologize. You had a good question.

Quoted from majicman110:

I also didn't know if some AP employees were expected as part of their job to be active on community forums or if the people listed as AP or JJP employees were just people that like to interact with the community, but weren't doing so in an official capacity.

I don't know of anyone from these companies that posts in an official capacity, or directed by their employer to do so. Many have been active on pinball forums since before their direct involvement with a manufacturer. And occasionally the manufacturer would probably prefer we didn't post. Many of us are just trying to help make pinball a little bit better for everybody.

I've been helping on line since 1996 on Rec Games Pinball newsgroup.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And occasionally the manufacturer would probably prefer we didn't post.

People can take the smallest thing and turn it into a huge mess and a pain for a company.

Early days of usenet and the first newsgroups. Lots of employees from various companies hung out on them.

Back when Williams/Midway NBA Jam came out. Players were claiming they were running into Mortal Kombat guys and Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. Williams denied it. Claimed it wasn't happening. Meanwhile their software guys were on a newsgroup letting players know how to get them.

OOPS !

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Another example: I just bought the mod couple LTG gorilla mod for my Hot Wheels. At first I didn't know why you had a Hot Wheels mod when your profile says JJP.

The Mod Couple make great pinball mods. Their Hot Wheels collection is probably their best collection of mods to date for any pinball machine.

Dave is a great guy. And probably wanted to strike a little retribution for all the Mod Couple Houdini Monkey videos I've got going. Check out my Youtube channel.

So when I brought out the fact that Hot Wheels was lacking a monkey that first appeared in Houdini and returned in Oktoberfest, I was concerned for American Pinball's well being. Remembering when Williams left the cows out of P2K SW1 and that became their last pinball machine. I want Amercian Pinball to have a great future. I wish the same for every manufacturer. Makes for a strong industry. So Dave countered with a big monkey ( gorilla ) and made my LTG : ) legendary by sticking it on a monkeys butt.

I'm still not sure if it's to honor me, or it's where where I belong.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

At first I didn't know why you had a Hot Wheels mod when your profile says JJP.

Just so there is no confusion. I do tech support for Planetary Pinball Supply, Jersey Jack Pinball, and Chicago Gaming Company ( remakes ).

I don't do tech support for American Pinball. I try to help out here where I can. Limited because I don't have access to any of their games to learn them. Great people at American Pinball. I know many of them and consider them friends. No shows right now. But if I'm at a show they are at, I usually beat them in, in the morning, and clean the glasses on their games.

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I hope Everyone can someday meet. Maybe at your 50th anniversary at SS Billiards

Thanks to Dave aka The Mod Couple. I'm ready !

71133165_10217571660715741_2087488482497789952_n (resized).jpg71133165_10217571660715741_2087488482497789952_n (resized).jpg
#891 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

well, if we are posting photos of things with LTG on it, I can play that game too . . .

Wow. rosh for the win. Not only a rare collectible. Next to last of about 14 years of my Expo mugs. Not likely any more in the future. And that year was the only year with a swear word on the other side.

Hang onto it. Treasure it. Or Ebay it. Great times !

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't provoke Ferret

Words of wisdom.

Disclaimer : I was Ferret on a different forum many years ago.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

well... time to buy a knocker! I only see kits for the other 2 games on the site, is either compatible for hot wheels?

Most likely. Same knocker kit for Houdini and Oktoberfest. Best contact them before you buy to be sure. On website or check with ther service tech :

Dave Brennan brenna98
Technical Services Manager
[email protected]
Phone: (833) API-HELP / (833) 274-4357

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

2-every dozen games or so the ball exits the red ramp and takes a small bounce into the left out lane. The game is level. Anybody else see this?

Can you loosen the red ramp and move a little to the right to prevent it ?

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I’ve moved the ramp over, but it keeps “walking back” to where it was. The screw holes are pretty wide to give room for adjustments, but they’re not grabbing when I tighten it down. Any tighter I’m afraid I’ll damage the plastic ramps.

I'd cut a short piece of vinyl tubing, like a collar, and put the screw through it and fasten that down. Hopefully the vinyl tubing will fill the hole some and stop it from sliding back over.

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does AP offer a headset mod for their games?

Not on their website store. So I'd guess no.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Is hot wheels standard size glass?

Yes.

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but the dedicated individuals they secure are priceless.

And the people they have love what they do and it shows !

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Knocker officially for sale on API website!

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/hot-wheels-knocker-kit-kit0002-00

Don't delay. Order today !

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

we are looking for a few volunteers who would like to test out the latest code.

I volunteer.

Just kidding. See this -

Quoted from rosh:

If you are interested, you can email me at [email protected].

Contact him now. Don't wait a few weeks and wonder how you could get in.

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Took a picture or two the other day. So here's one of my Hot Wheels pin sitting next to Houdini.

Beautiful line up.

No Oktoberfest ?

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Thinking ahead I also have to wonder what title #4 from AP will be like...

Hard to guess. Houdini can be a little hard to get rocking like TZ. Oktoberfest is a festival kind of fun. Hot Wheels is crazy fast fun.

Since they are making each game more fun. I'd suspect title #4 will continue on a lot of fun path.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Yea founds those too all good

Pull and check with a meter ?

Check connectors involved, please make sure they are on tight and don't have a wire sticking up from a connector.

I don't have a game to check. There has to be a power source, I'd get a meter on it and see if the problem lies there.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Verified all coils not functioning
No pops
all coil tests don’t work either?

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf manual from the American Pinball website - page 39 has the power distribution.

I would check that the wires are on the high power interlock switch, on the opening left side of the coin door hole, are on tight. Try testing or playing a game with the coin door open and the high power interlock switch pulled out to enable it. Maybe the metal flap that pushes it closed isn't pushing it in far enough - if not bend it a little.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Interlock switch tests zero volts

Power supply ?

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Get a ticket open.

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

no 48V from the power supply neither in the 9 pin connector to the cabinet nor the 12pin to the playfield

Dave Brennan brenna98
[email protected]

Get in touch with Dave. Crap happens, maybe your power supply failed.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

One thing I did notice while putting on my topper was that the sound bar is sending out some "noise" when idle on. You can't hear it when the game is running, and you'd have to be close to the sound bar to hear it, but curious if this is common?

No idea if it's common.

Any audio cables or topper cable, you might try snapping one of these on.

https://www.amazon.com/ferrite-chokes/s

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Found problem. Is this 20mm 5 amp slow blo?

I don't have a game to check. Depends where it is. Page 16 in the manual lists them

Fuse Name Fuse Rating Voltage Type Fuse Voltage
Coil Driver
6.3 Amp 48 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
6.3 Amp 48 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
Main Fuse 6 Amp 120 VAC OR
230 VAC 3AG Slow Blow 250 Volt
Add On Board F1 4 Amp 12 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
Add On Board F2 5 Amp 48 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
RGB Back Panel 2 Amp 5 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt

You can download the manual from american-pinball.com - under Support. Or :

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Is this 20mm 5 amp slow blo?

Pull it and read what is on one of the end caps. It is a 20mm and will be slow blow or time delay.

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I think it is add on board F1.

I don't have the game to check.

Pull the fuse and look at what is stamped onto one of the metal end caps. It will be something like 6.3A, or 5A, etc. etc.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There are 2 fuses on that board. Both are 5 amp. Are they supposed to be 6.3?

According to the manual, and what Ferret and brenna98 wrote. Yes. Both should be 6.3 amp slow blow.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I am getting some feedback from the speakers

Might try these on audio wiring - https://www.amazon.com/stardrift-10-Pack-Diameter-Ferrite-Suppressor/dp/B015RAZTIA/ref=sr_1_17 check for size that will work in your game.

Quoted from majicman110:

occasionally the ball is coming out of the vuk, hitting the ramp and bouncing onto the playfield.

Page 18 in the manual - turn the power down a little.

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Any must have mods yet??

All the ones on this site - https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/new-amazing-custom-game-mods-to-come

You'll be glad you did.

1 week later
#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

What's everyone's highest epic fail

Not having a Hot Wheels pinball machine.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

Is there a way to restart a game? like on stern, holding start button

Yes.

Check this out :

Quoted from Yelobird:

You asked this in the other hot wheels thread yesterday and 5 people answered you???

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

Is there a way to restart a game? like on stern, holding start button

Here you go - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin#post-5818198

Your post #22 , read the posts following it.

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

anybodys targets broken yet?my green one is cracked. seems they take a beating.

Turn flipper power down a little.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not quite sure how you beat us announcing this code update,

Pinball never sleeps.

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

If anyone has had this issue any help would be great,

Is it an update where you need to rename the file ?

4 months later
#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalman:

Do I just contact AP to see how to fix it?

If you don't see anything obvious. Loose connector, to switch or opto in there. I would.

Call or open a support ticket.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

1 week later
#2353 3 years ago

Turn the game off when doing this.

2 weeks later
#2406 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Can someone confirm the box dimensions for me?

Don't believe the guy that's been with them since the beginning ?

#2408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

It is important since I am determining what little passengers I can bring with me.

While I don't have a Hot Wheels box to check. WOZ was 31"x31" and 58" high. Everything I saw on other games like Stern, you are looking at 30"x31" and 56" high. These measurements are without the pallet.

So if you go with the WOZ size you should be safe.

Or - https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

Or contact American Pinball :

rosh - Josh Kugler, ferret - Joe Schober, vegas98 - Michael Grant who is sales and marketing

Call them, open a new ticket on their support desk - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/ send PMs to rosh ferret vegas9 and their new tech guy Dave :

Dave Brennan brenna98
[email protected]

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I didn't want to trouble those guys with responding to a box size. I am sure their time is better spent taking care of something more important

I know those guys. You are a customer. Nothing is better spent than helping a customer. Nothing is more important than a customer asking a question. No matter what the question is. A good tech guy is happy to help.

3 weeks later
#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Thanks in advance.

This might help - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

And your playfield may not be perfectly flat. You might have to do an overall best you can.

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

how "far back" or "far forward" are your targets mounted on the underside.

Your target in the under playfield shot looks bent back a little, the bracket holding it. So air balls likely started than and will get worse.

I'd bend the bracket back upright or get a reinforced target bracket for it.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

get a reinforced target bracket

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm scroll down to this - Twilight Zone Enhanced Yellow Slot Machine Switch

You could also try firmer foam rubber behind the target face.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Do I place PinballPro's AR-1 anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass or just one?

Both.

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Yes, sorry i am french

No need to be sorry.

You might put your location on your Avatar space where it says unknown. So people know there might be a language barrier if you seek help with a pinball machine.

#2673 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Thank you for the support! Some good friends I was up against, so i'm happy to have seen them all recognized.

Too bad all can't get the award. Too often the guys behind the scenes are left out.

1 week later
#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Is this thing on?

Yes. Get over to the Houdini thread and respond to the battery question and where it is.

3 weeks later
#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I remember we thought hot wheels was Sherlock so that could be the next title!

With the coming of Dennis Nordman and other designers under his tutelage, they may mix things up. A lot.

Time will tell.

3 weeks later
#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Is someone knows where i could find one ?

Contact them off the website.

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You weren't supposed to reveal our upcoming strip club theme yet!

Dennis and Josh at the Desert Star ?

Disclaimer : Terminator 3 reference.

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

know how to correct it?

Turn game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. Loosen three screws holding the shooter rod assembly on. Position it better. Tighten the screws. Lower playfield. Look good ? Party on.

1 week later
#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Any tips on separating the contacts? Just grab some needle-nose pliers and give one side or the other a squeeze?

Turn the game off. Very gently gap the switch contact points a little farther apart. Fingers or leaf blade adjuster work too.

Turn game on and check.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Last time I opened a ticket with ap the issue was embarrassingly easy so I figured I would try here before eating their time.

Please open a ticket. Believe me. Tech support love the easy ones.

Quoted from majicman110:

Do these ever just go bad?

No. Broken wire, unplugged. Turned off. Blown fuse. Type stuff.

4 weeks later
#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from twofastxtreme:

Anyone ever have an issue with balls not kicking out to the trough? Runs fine in test but won't kick balls out for a game.

Ball trough optos all work in test ? Balls not magnetized ?

Next up. The plunger at the end of the ball trough, check if it's sticking up a tiny bit too high and not letting the balls roll down into position for the kick up right. The plunger/coil assembly is on a bracket. This bracket is secured to the end of the ball trough by four screws in elongated holes on the outside. You can loosen the screws and move the plunger/coil/bracket up or down as needed. Not too high, not too low.

This is the Williams ball trough, and though rare, this problem can pop up on any pin using the same ball trough.

LTG :

1 week later
#2933 2 years ago

Should be permanently on. Motherboard or something in the game isn't doing it's job of powering it up.

2 weeks later
#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Personally -- not an API corporate recommendation -- to clean any modern game, I don't use any stripping/pre-clean agent. I first do a wipe-down with a clean lint-free cloth, then use Novus #2 on all surfaces where the ball rolls... let the Novus sit for awhile before wiping it up (again with a clean lint-free cloth). If you're waxing, use the hardest carnauba you can.

For home use, you might consider Novus 1. Squirt on lint free cloth.

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

magnet has failed.

Did you check it's fuse ?

3 weeks later
#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Wonder if there was a flaky batch of interlock switches?

Easy to jump/short the wires together and bypass the switch to see. Or pull the connectors and put a spade terminal between them. Keep the wiring the same as if the switch were there and closed.

1 month later
#3199 2 years ago

2 months later
#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

There are five speakers, two on each side on top and subwoofer in lower cabinet. There have never been “lower” speakers on HW.

Maybe the parts circled made him wonder ? No holes on his game.

HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

But going to keep an eye on it for sure.

You might take a peek at the wiring. Any lugs or solder joints close enough together to occasionally touch ?

3 weeks later
#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

My left flipper seems to get weak after about 15 minutes of play. Less than 100 plays since delivered. Any ideas what's causing it?

Latest power supply in it ? EOS in it ? Move freely and a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) ?

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I don't follow this part, "EOS in it ?

End of stroke switch - does it have it and is it working ?

Quoted from jonboy71:

Move freely and a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) ?

You'll need to learn some flipper basics. Butch's video will help.

#3431 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

How do I know if I have the latest power supply?

Top of this thread has a picture gallery. Click on a likely picture - see description. Or go to american-pinball.com and check the store to see a picture of the latest power supply.

1 week later
#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

It came out pretty nice and I think my theme worked pretty well.

Turned out very nice. Who can not like a Hooters helmet.

Thank you for sharing.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Anyone ever have to put in for a service ticket? I was told to do that for an issue of my flippers and ball eject losing power, I emailed and put the ticket in about a week ago and haven't had a response yet. I know people get busy and things pop up but was just wondering the typical time frame for response.

They are quicker than that. Crap happens. Some of their people post here. Send them a PM with the ticket number so they can look into it.

Send PMs to rosh Ferret Vegas9 and their tech guy Dave brenna98

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Respecting people's downtime of course

Not for tech support. Any of them gets a PM and reads it, they can kick it up the ladder to help the customer.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not Vegas9 anymore unfortunately, he flew the coop.

I'll update my list. Thank you.

1 week later
#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

but certainly not at the quantity we would all like to see.

You'll get there.

1 week later
#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

flipper maintenance?

I'd start by removing the flipper buttons. Spray them with a cleaner, 409, fantastic, etc. Rinse thoroughly and dry.

They get gummed up with dirt and sweat.

1 month later
#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm not so tech savoy, you're going to have to explain how to capture the logs and game configurations files.

1 month later
#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

but think the lip is unusual.

Sticking up a little.

Below the playfield is a screw ( might have a nut to loosen first and then tighten ) that you can raise or lower it to be level with the playfield. At the bottom of the assembly.

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Is this a big concern or should it be easily resolved per your instructions?

Easiest thing you'll ever fix or adjust. See picture. Screw is to the left of the red arrow. ( this drop target is from a different game, will look the same when you work on your game )

Might take a tweak or two to get it to the height you like.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG
#3723 1 year ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

Any way to reset it?

Page 10 in the manual. You can download it here if you need it :

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-10/Hot-Wheels-Manual-10-14-2021.pdf

2 weeks later
#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

American pins would be rated much higher if more people had access to them!

American Pinball is trying hard with that. Keeping prices reasonable. And building for a bright future.

That should get the ball rolling.

#3771 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

My flippers, especially the left feel pretty weak lately;

Might be time to inspect them. Remove the coil stop, slide the coil off. Plunger clean ? Sharp edge or mushroomed on part that hits the coil stop ? Coil sleeve clean and not cracked or broken ? Plunger/pawl move freely, yet not too worn and freely ?

3 months later
#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Seems like an odd occurrence

Not odd. Can happen, especially in commercial use. Or where pop bumpers get nailed a lot in a particular game.

Thing I learned. When you put the lock nuts back on the new pop bumper ring. Snug them up. But don't over tighten. This stresses the rod and more prone to breaking the rod.

#3815 1 year ago

What a great day for Hot Wheels pin owners.

2 months later
2 weeks later
#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

What parts list would I use to find the replacement parts?

Williams parts. New plunger assembly, new coil sleeve, new coil stop.

2 months later
#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Rosh is Rosh, a good guy and an asset to the community.

And above and beyond the call of duty. Especially with AP pins.

He doesn't often get the recognition he so richly deserves.

1 month later
#3966 11 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Anyone know long it usually takes when opening a ticket with American pinball. I opened a ticket last Friday still haven’t heard from them.

They are usually pretty quick.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I don’t want to call and bother them

They won't feel bothered. They want you enjoying your game too.

1 month later
#4030 9 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know what battery that is

If it's like Houdini it's a 2032.

1 month later
#4058 8 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Does anyone in the forum know where to get a new switch?

If American Pinball doesn't have it. Standard Williams/Bally switch is used :

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-open.html

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.