Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3842 1 year ago

Does anyone have any pictures/links showing the differences between the "old" HW and newer updated HW that AP started building recently? I know there are some cosmetic differences with the cabinet. I'm also looking for a (preferably) used on near VT!

8 months later
#4079 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

Its very doable to have looping ramp. I am still working through it, but heres a quick loop video. The ramp is also slanted so any dead or slow balls roll across and down return. L

I generally don't care for mods, especially ones that change the path of the ball, but this looks pretty awesome! The only downside is the sadness and disappointment I'd feel in myself any time I don't make the full loop

#4093 7 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

One of the clips slipped and shorted the left lower flashers.

I don't have an answer for you (sorry) but here's the lesson we all learn once: Don't do that sort of work with the power on! I was adjusting some leaf switches on my brand new MB a couple years ago and did the same thing. Thankfully, it shorted, reset the machine (ohcrapohcrapohcrap!) and all was fine after. If you end up needing just a fuse, it's a cheap lesson learned.

1 week later
#4108 7 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

AP sent me an e-mail that they are sending me PCB board 53 free of charge. I wrote back and asked how much the board was and that I would pay. The machine isn't under warranty and I am the one that fryed the board,

Good for you! Unfortunately the world often works the opposite of this, and I'm glad there is still some integrity out there.

#4109 7 months ago

Alright, I picked up my Hot Wheels tonight. Fun game, as expected! I do have a question though: As someone who hasn't bought a Hot Wheels car since I was 9yo, I'd like to know the best place to buy individual cars -online-. I had imagined just going online and browsing a huge selection, but I haven't quite found that yet. I know I can browse the aisles at Walmart, etc, but I'd guess I'm not interested in 99.9% of the cars that are available.

#4113 6 months ago

So I have a dead magnet. It's not working during testing or gameplay. I've found only four fuses, and they all check fine. The connection to the magnet is fine. It worked a few days ago. Any suggestions? And where are the rest of the fuses?

#4116 6 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

If only there was a service manual..........................

I've looked at that manual. Several times. Even before I bought it. It's been open, in my browser, for two days. When you search "fuses", it shows exactly zero locations. There's also a tech sheet that is quite informative, but still with zero fuse locations.

A more helpful response you could have given was "There’s a thermal fuse underneath the tape of the magnet" (thanks Audioenslaved). That is actually useful.

#4120 6 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Dude. That wasn’t a dig on you. I was pointing out how American hasn’t provided ample technical instructions or wiring diagrams. I was referring to the ongoing frustration AP owners have over the lack of end user resources. Only a few posts ago I was providing links and contact information to someone so they could get the answers they needed. Meanwhile you being captain obvious to someone, scolded them for connecting alligator clips while their power was on. I’m sure they didn’t appreciate your patronizing tone as you began with “I don't have an answer for you (sorry) but here's the lesson...” Just as I don’t appreciate your passive aggressive downvote since you misunderstood my comment not being directed at you. Deep breath. I hope you get a resolution for your game. I know that downtime is frustrating.

If you think the self-deprecating comment of "I don't have an answer for you (sorry) but here's the lesson we all learn once: Don't do that sort of work with the power on! I was adjusting some leaf switches on my brand new MB a couple years ago and did the same thing." sounds scolding and patronizing, eesh. It goes to show how horrible both you and I are about understanding the intent of each other's messages.

I've been seeing more and more of this recently, which is interesting. I think we both need to take that deep breath. I am, indeed, sensitive to what I see as snarky attacks (on myself but mostly on others). Which are unfortunately rampant here on Pinside. Sorry to misinterpret your original comment.

And for the rest of you asking, I'll update you soon on what I find out.

#4121 6 months ago

So an update on the dead magnet: It appears I'll be ordering a new magnet later today unless I find the values for that fuse. In order to remove it, you take out three screws and then firmly but slowly rotate and pull the magnet assembly out. Once it's out, you can remove the tape to find the fuse. It tests dead, but based on the data printed on the side of it I can't figure out what to order. Feel free to chime in if you have some wisdom here! AP mentioned that while it could be just a fried fuse, there also could be a transistor locked on which is constantly sending 48V to the magnet. I don't appear to have that issue during testing, and never saw that happen during playing, so I'm thinking a replacement fuse or magnet will take care of it.

PXL_20230925_153240613.jpgPXL_20230925_153240613.jpgPXL_20230925_152909755.jpgPXL_20230925_152909755.jpgPXL_20230925_153010245.jpgPXL_20230925_153010245.jpg
1 week later
#4133 6 months ago

Two questions:
-I'm having a lot of rejects out of the Build Track saucer. I'll shoot the ball all the way in and it bounces back out. I think the gate is not settling down quick enough to trap the ball. Any recommendations? I plan to add a drop of oil to that gate to hopefully make it drop a split second faster.
-I'm having the same problem on the right lock saucer. It bounces back out, or sometimes feeds all the way through back down to the right inlane without stopping. Is there supposed to be any sort of gate there?

I also tried lowering the flipper power a hair but when I do that I can't make the far left ramp shot consistently.

#4136 6 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for the left one, check my messages, starting at #4010, this easy DIY trick works (quite) perfectly !
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=ripleyyy#op
for the right one, i also get some rejects, but i deal with it...

I added some rubbers to that gate and it's 5 for 5 now. Thanks for the tip!

Quoted from Ballderdash:

Check the drop targets in front of the saucers. If those are not flush with the playfield you could be getting some ball hop that causes it to bounce out.

I adjusted both of them earlier as I noticed the occasional slow ball hang. I have the problem that when they drop, the bottom of the target bracket below the playfield sometimes lands on the rubber stopper a bit crooked and it drops more than normal. So either it's "Level 98% of the time, low 2%" or "A bit high 98% of the time, level 2%". I chose the first.

3 weeks later
#4156 5 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Hi,
I see Hot wheels is still available new. What's the best price from a distributor for a deluxe version that you seen lately? I've played it a lot at the last two pinball shows and thought it was a blast.
Thanks Martin

Pricing at most places is pretty similar. I find this is a great page to look at for a quick (but incomplete) rundown on options:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games#hot-wheels

#4158 5 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

In the club! no key posts in this thread? any hot tips for setup?

Two tips:
-The game is designed to run at 6 degrees of pitch. This is not Jurassic Park.
-Several have reported the magnet at the top of the playfield being non-functional. Make sure it's functional. It's an easy swap if it's bad.

#4159 5 months ago

Last tip: get some Hot Wheels to put in the pin! And Dual lock aka heavy duty Velcro to attach them. My friend custom made a General Lee for me. He is a good man.

Also, isn't this a kick in the pants? Some day I hope to achieve more than I lose...

PXL_20231031_000750619.MP.jpgPXL_20231031_000750619.MP.jpg
1 week later
#4161 5 months ago

Alright, rules/scoring question. I took the glass off the game tonight to experiment and confirm what I thought I knew. Tell me if this is right or wrong, because it sure seems correct:
All playfield scoring is multiplied by the RPMs. If the indicator is lit through 8, for example, the playfield has 8x scoring. If you had played Redline Mania and shifted into 2nd, it's now 2x AND 8x. This seems insane. OH, and I didn't even try the 10x Turbo on top of that. Please tell me...does that really make the scenario 2x8x10 scoring? I'm realizing now I didn't even try this.

I rarely play for points, but it's fun to toy around and try to maximize things. Having said that, this seems like a recipe for some unintentionally huge scoring. Can someone share some insight?

#4165 5 months ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

It's pretty close, shot values are based on the number in the tach on the display labeled with thousands, not the 1-10 scale number on the playfield.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tach on the backglass display and the 1-10 tach on the playfield are synced and displaying (roughly) the same information - right?

1 week later
#4169 4 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If anyone is interested I'm selling a rare Hot Wheels factory autographed banner.
PM me if interested. Asking $200 + cost to mail it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from rosh:

It is a nice banner, but worth mentioning it has zero signatures of those who actually worked on the game.

Yikes! I have to ask: Who's signatures ARE those?

1 week later
#4185 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just brought home a HW today. What's the best pitch?

Quoted from Ballderdash:

Congratulations! From the factory AP recommends all 4 levelers all the way in. Works well for me.

AP recommends 6 degrees. Unless all the stars align (and your floor is perfectly flat) you'll need to adjust those leg levellers.

2 months later
#4222 55 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

First I have heard of this, can someone explain the differences and does the game play differently? What does this mean for those of us with the original board set?

No noticeable differences during gameplay, which is part of the point. It's a way for them to standardize boards and make it easier to supply them in the future.

1 month later
#4245 3 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Now...need to find a local LOV

LOV is still my favorite AP pin. Get on it!

#4247 23 hours ago

While I appreciate the info and posts about fixes for the green screen issue (which thankfully I don't have), it also makes me sad. Having to upgrade components on what should be a closed/fixed system that's several years old feels...awkward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.