20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

I think the timing wound up being perfect. This is the only new thing to gaze upon for months until there is a show. Who knew? Unfortunately I can't play it to decide for awhile.

#35 4 years ago

Can you post a flyer in hi res if there is one? Maybe the game card on the apron? I am curious about the rules, car collecting, and dinosaur battles etc. The only stuff I have seen so far is the machine. Thanks!

#46 4 years ago

A loop ramp like in Hurricane is what I was thinking. Laying on its side. The vux looks like the Juggler from Hurricane as well. Can't wait to see it in action.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Timing perfect?
The game is aimed at location. Locations are closing and dropping like flies, due to Corona.
Seems to me, the Timing Couldnt be worse, but maybe you can explain?

Sure,I never heard it was for locations? None of the pinball places in my city have thrown in a towel? It is perfect timing because the reveals that were suppose to be at TPF didnt happen and this stands out more because it was early. Don't be doom and gloom, we'll get out of this and pinball will be played again.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I thought about this a little more and wanted to clarify my response a bit.
Hot Wheels -- the pinball game -- is set in the world of Hot Wheels City, period. You'll see the City shown prominently right from the get-go, as we visit different cool locales in the City when no particular modes/multiballs/etc are active in the game. Hot Wheels City has lots of fun and funny places. (I think the pizza shop is my favorite, I want that!) Even if a player doesn't know anything about the animated series, we think they'll love the fun and humor and Hot Wheels-iness of it all.
The reason I responded the way I did before is that when you start a Battle, we take you much deeper into a particular time and place in Hot Wheels City, where you'll be fighting to stop one of the creatures that's trying to wreck it all. So during these Battles, you'll be more centered on the Battle sites, hear more dialogue, etc... basically a more intense, focused experience.
Hopefully this makes sense... the design team has really had a great time using the Hot Wheels City content to build a super fun pinball experience. As you might guess, we've been watching and listening to this content a lotttttt over the past few months, and it hasn't gotten old... I suspect it'll stay fresh for y'all, too.
Can't wait for everyone to play the game!

Sounds similiar to the immersive experience in Jurasic Park with saving people,caging and feeding dinosaurs etc. Not just another racing car theme. I'll have to check out this show.

#141 4 years ago

The 3D backpanel and offset RPM targets I have never seen before? If it's been done before I don't recall but breathes new life into a game. It also seems to have been awhile since I saw 4 pop bumpers on a new machine? Exciting!

#165 4 years ago

Streaming this game in the basement? I say the garage! That would be a first.

1 month later
#193 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m excited to see n play this game in person

With all the shows being cancelled that will be difficult this year. If AP puts it on location in Chicago let us know. Like the old days.

2 weeks later
#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Great. Lets hope they Buy it, so AP can stay alive. Then they just need a Creative game designer and a knowledgeable go getter for better licenses, then their next game will be a smash, cause quality and as a company they seem great.

Creative game designer? Have you played the Apollo 13 rocket,Simpsons couch,Houdini trunk shot,Oktoberfest coaster! It may not be flowy for your liking but the most creative and innovative designer ever to take chances in pinball. Forgot to mention he designed Houdini in weeks not months. Everyone else plays it safe or rehashes old ideas.
It looks to me Hot Wheels had to be simplified without the great wow design innovations in order to appease the public of a flowy fan layout game like all the rest. You may like this one?

#246 3 years ago

Everyone keeps talking about the theme and wether or not they can relate to it.
Just curious what your thoughts are on Dialed In? The guy with his arm in the air like its a revolution and Crazy Bob's lottery! Like if they threw a typewriter in somewhere for the hell of it would it matter? Hahaha! WTF?

1 week later
#415 3 years ago

I'm really impressed. Great job! Thank god someone is reviving skill shots again from the classic Williams era!
A close up video of the Vux in action would be nice.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Code Idea ——-
Ok I was thinking ... when you start a game, one of four stock cars is assigned to the player. Throughout game, the person’s car appears in a standard template, as I understand. Also, game play showcases hundreds of Hot Wheels too, right?
Now to tie things together -> How about randomly assigning one of the 400 cars as the player’s car? So each time the template comes up for player 1, that car is there in full color and with a car name displayed. I don’t know if I can tolerate sodtware where the same player car (1 of 4) is used each game. With a different car assigned each time, one may never be the same car twice.[quoted image]

I can see choosing a car at the beginning similiar to the steins in Oktoberfest. Kids would love that and keep it fresh. I like the idea of the car name since I don't know them and would like to learn them. It would sell more Hot Wheels that way too.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

Hot wheels has never been done before and that fact alone is one of the main draws for me

And not balley CORVETTE where you collect all the classic cars just like this game?

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I feel like no one is mentioning one of my most important criteria- build quality. Have there ever been issues with ap machines having the cabinets split? Playfield pooling/chipping/cratering? Insert ghosting? I am honestly asking. I know there were a couple hardware hiccups with Houdini, but haven't heard anything bad about build quality since.

They are built like a tank. Probably be around longer than you and I.

1 week later
#665 3 years ago

You know, something else no one is complaining about on this game, Le,Pro, and the price. This proves you don't have to release a game in different versions to be successful. Make 1 game at a great pricepoint like Balley/Williams and you will be fine. I have always liked AP approach.

2 weeks later
#802 3 years ago

I have to say this game gets my TWIPY vote for best art. From the pictures I see it is very bright and different from every angle. It really draws me in, I never get tired of looking at it. The swirly track wrapping around is a new take!

2 weeks later
#1137 3 years ago

C'mon people. Get your reviews in! TMNT has 85 ratings already. People want to know what you think.

SmartSelect_20200805-010331_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200805-010331_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 year later
#3336 2 years ago

I saw these cool shelves for display next to your pinball machine at Hobby Lobby at %40 off.

20211208_141233 (resized).jpg20211208_141233 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=Viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.