20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TVsFrank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#464 3 years ago

Ordered on Monday, can’t wait to hear when I’ll get my game. This is the first time the whole family has been excited. It should have enough to keep even my youngest shooting and see something cool happen.

It looks like theyve built something really special with this title.

1 month later
#936 3 years ago

Just got my game setup a few hours ago and loving it. I ordered it based on everyone saying how accessible it is, and they’re correct. However, man, it really does have something for everyone with its depth. Being accessible for my kids does not mean too easy or shallow for my wife and I. I’m looking forward to really spending some time on it this weekend. Two quick questions though.
1- I notice there’s lollipop rails available for the other two AP games. Can anybody comment if this might happen for Hot Wheels? Curious if I should think about powder coating what came on it or wait to see those.
2-every dozen games or so the ball exits the red ramp and takes a small bounce into the left out lane. The game is level. Anybody else see this? If so, could we get a coded ball-save for that?
Congrats AP, this game is a blast!

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you loosen the red ramp and move a little to the right to prevent it ?
LTG : )

I’ve moved the ramp over, but it keeps “walking back” to where it was. The screw holes are pretty wide to give room for adjustments, but they’re not grabbing when I tighten it down. Any tighter I’m afraid I’ll damage the plastic ramps.

#949 3 years ago

Thank you to all for the advice, I’ll try both the foam and tubing.

3 weeks later
#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from nics135:

I am getting the ball stuck about once every two or three games when in the pops and it comes out into in the inner loop lane on the left side and ends up resting between the switch, the post rubber and the end of the lane guide. it really sits in there, I had to take out tilt bob so you could shake it out without tilting or taking the glass off. Anyone else seeing this? Game is level and about 6.2 degrees.

Also check your switches. I had to adjust three or four of them on day one. They’re not bent enough and catch in the up position trapping balls. The switch for “two” on the skill shot wouldn’t let any plunged ball back down, just holding it there. I went through and slightly bent down all of my switches.

4 months later
#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I think I found a simple solution to reduce or eliminate the flex of the metal wire guide of the left inner loop (the 2nd, 5th & 11th places are located).
I added 3 orange post sleeves between the 2 wire guides. Tested it in a short run a got way less flex than before. I might add 2 more sleeves to test if the flex can be eliminated.
[quoted image]
From player's perspective
[quoted image]

I like that, looks good in that color too. I tried to order the plastic guide brace from one of the shops on here, but it kept cancelling the order. Messaged the owner but so far no response. This looks like a great alternative.

#2130 3 years ago

Has anybody here powder coated their rails and legs yet? Just got my lollipop rails from AP, and was toying with the idea of a light blue to match both the apron and the blue track clips you get with real Hot Wheels sets. I was thinking a blue similar to the Led Zeppelin LE would look good with the orange?

#2142 3 years ago

Yes, but he just reached out to me so no more issue there. Looking forward to trying it.

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Where can I get the fix kit for the left inlane? I keep getting bounce outs at crucial times coming from the Track Builder VUK

Mine came as a surprise from my distributor, I wasn't even aware they were making them. You might want to send an email and ask.

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

There is a fix? Do you have a pic of it? I ordered that bar from the pinball charity place but curious what AP changed from the factory

I may have read and responded too quickly. I was part of the small group getting bounces out of the lane after exiting the red ramp (usually from spin from the VUK). The kit I got from the distributor fixed that perfectly. If that's what you want a picture of I can put one up.

The bar from the charity supposedly fixes the ball bouncing around the inner orbit as it reduces the flexure of the metal ball guides. I have one on order, I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

2 weeks later
#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

The ball was likely deflecting off of the 'E' BATTLE target. I would have suggested adjusting the E target back, to prevent the ball deflecting from it. Coming from the left orbit, the ball should come to the left flipper.

This is what I did. I actually removed one of the screws to get it to turn enough, and now it goes straight to the left flipper. Nothing is going to hit that e target hard enough to dislodge one screw. Or at least it hasn’t yet!

2 months later
#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

What part are you talking about here? I never heard of this?
I have the HotWheels Metal Wire Guide Brace to clean-up the flex of the metal wire guide of the left inner lane (the 2nd, 5th & 11th places are located) so a ball shot would not raddle back and forth without completing the shot and add a backhand-able shot from left flipper.

There was a set of metal ramp guides that were sent out to owners of early machines. It stopped spin in the ball causing it to walk over to the outlines when exiting the ramps. The kits were mailed from your distributor without needing to do anything.
There’s a post somewhere in this thread about which numbers needed the mod, but if you didn’t get a set I would assume your machine doesn’t need them.

#2597 3 years ago

I’ve been having quite a few issues with the shooter rod as well. Sometimes it will be smooth, sometimes it grabs in places as it gets pulled out. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned sanding theirs down, I’ll probably try that before adding anything greasy.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

What grit does one use? Is it progressive? Wet sand and polish?

I’m not sure, I haven’t found the post yet. But I am going to try NoQuarters suggestion above first.

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question as I’ve had my Hothweels now for about two weeks. Why do the High Scores on this screen not lineup? Bugs me that there not all in perfect unison with each other.
[quoted image]

They look like they’re lined up starting from the right. Each number doesn’t take up the same space as they do in some fonts. So for example, a score with a lot of ones won’t be as long as one with more zeros, even if it has more numbers.

7 months later
#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

My game suddenly started doing this tonight. The number 4 stays on green when the rest of the numbers are out and doesn't light red or blue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s a semi-common small bug, it goes away. I believe someone mentioned the new code reduces this, but I haven’t had the time to try it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TVsFrank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=TVsFrank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.