Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 3 years ago

Great stream tonight. Absolutely loved the impact wrench sounds. I love that we build the tracks, cool. Beautiful pin. Wasn't sure what to expect, but pleasantly surprised. Looking at my distributor to see when they'll have one. I'd like to see more and play a few rounds.

Perhaps I missed it; how do we look at our car collection? There are 400 cars to collect, Yes?

#409 3 years ago

My head is spinning from the 2 minute ad that appeared yesterday for Hot Wheels.

Hot Wheels, wait, no, TMNT. Hot Wheels, no, TMNT. Ughhh, buy both.

#539 3 years ago

Very cool if each machine provided an American Pinball Edition car. Perhaps it's a good idea to make a logo car before another marketing team makes it happen for themselves. Ugggh; the anticipation for this machine is dominating my time.

AP1.jpgAP1.jpgAP2.jpgAP2.jpg
#578 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

My Hotwheels (and Houdini) have been ordered and looking forward to them.
As for the Hotwheels display being off center, I really like that.
I always enjoy different, which could explain why I drive a Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV, rather than the Tesla!!
Roger

Congrats; you're a main character in this pin. Need an avatar? I agree, the pin is great with the offset screen.

#651 3 years ago

AP needs to cruise into Expo with this;

PinabllWizard.jpgPinabllWizard.jpg
1 week later
#716 3 years ago

Yeah, a plane for flying around sounds right; planning to populate the field with the 2019 Team Cars and Plane. A trailing-banner would be great. I have a mirrored display for behind the header too. There's only one thing missing... hmm... ohh! The Machine! Hope everyone enjoyed a great holiday, now back to work. I could drive in on the weekends if you need another hand.

HW19team.jpgHW19team.jpgHWdisplayCase.jpgHWdisplayCase.jpg
#743 3 years ago

American Pinball in the house! Thanks to everyone who cranked this out before the weekend.

I'm very thankful to have one and stayin' up late to move it in. Sooo coool.

HWNIB.jpgHWNIB.jpg
#746 3 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Had my Hot Wheels pinball for almost two weeks now. Awesome game. For all those Ohio pinball players, game is on location with 30 other pinballs at
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
Just wanted to give a shout out to American Pinball for another great pinball, and thank you to Joe Balcer for lightning fast support.
Also, a big thank you to Joe Newhart over at Pinball Star Amusements for getting my Hot Wheels here quickly.
Also, thank you Stephen Prusa for wiping out my grand champion score of 90 million with your 600 million. Anytime I have what I think is a decent game you give me a reality check.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The people in the area of Middleburg Heights are fortunate to have access to that collection. A jaw dropping selection of photos.

#747 3 years ago

The heavy work was completed last night then I fell apart and went to sleep. A connection check, cleaning and power-up was performed this morning. It's a pretty machine. It's off for the moment; we have storms rolling through today.

I hope to mount a car-display-header behind the AP Topper. Perhaps a base-plate utilizing the original mounting positions for the topper. A base plate would provide locations for auxiliary lighting too. Hmmm, planning stages.

HWcollection.jpgHWcollection.jpgHWdisplay.jpgHWdisplay.jpgHWrow.jpgHWrow.jpg
#756 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

RockfordReplay
That's a big collection of Hot Wheels ID cars! I collect HWs but haven't picked up any ID cars just yet. Those are cool because they are all unique and can be scanned and can be interactive with the Hot Wheels app...another area I have not entered. I am probably closing in on 75 Hot Wheels cars or so....

It's goofy that the ID packaging doesn't allow for display without breaking the seal. I suppose they are strictly to be opened and used. Perfect for a display.

The Hot Wheels app plays on digital/virtual combined with real-life physical track tasks. It required the HW ID track and ID reader. The costs really start to add up, but I'm thankful for what has been created. They are using today's tech to boost the HW experience and they do it pretty well.

EDIT: I need to add that some HWid vehicles are available on hook cards too (image attached).

HWhookedID.jpgHWhookedID.jpg
1 week later
#973 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

One more plea for car-based perks...kids got a Hot Wheels ID track set, this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while, toy-wise. Imagine if this pin could integrate a personal ID car when playing...ID cars are uniquely identifiable cars that have specific characteristics. They can be used on a smart track...why not a smart pin? Anyway, I know it’s not gonna happen, but...could you imagine loading your car into a cradle then starting a game with car-specific perks??? The possibilities for this game are limitless ( almost).
Another anecdote, just got done playing a new Elvira, and while fun and smooth, I feel like I’ve seen most of what it has to offer in a couple dozen games. Hot Wheels could have major staying power. Just sayin’

I've traveled down this rabbit hole within myself. The HWid application and cars are amazing and I anticipated the possibilities of working them into this pin. Now, after experiencing this machine, I'm thankful HWid is not present. AP is on the right track. I hate to use the term less-is-more, but this machine feels great the way it is.

2 months later
#1498 3 years ago

I sent an email last week to info@AP. I wish to acquire additional platforms to place more cars under glass. Please, thanks.

A variety of fabrics arrived for a project topper. It's crazy cool; there's a flaming pinball in the design. I wish to portion a bit for a trailing banner behind a spinning Mad Propz/Hot Wheels Plane (props to the creative genius of The MOD Couple). I'd like to keep the original brackets/cars in storage, then modify new brackets for the project.

HWfabrics.jpgHWfabrics.jpg
3 weeks later
#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from MikieHead:

Has anyone gotten the Pit Stop Barrier from Mod Couple?
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/api-hot-wheels-redline-tires-custom-3d-pop-bumper-complete-mod-set
Or other mods from them?
Wonder how they attach and how well done they are?
Thanks!!

The Pit Stop Barrier is very detailed. It's tall and blocks a portion of ball travel, but isn't detrimental to gameplay. I've considered 'aging' or 'white-washing' the tires for more detail as they're dark from a player's perspective. The mod is held firmly with three or four double-stick pads.

Hot Wheels was my first Mod Couple experience. I purchased a several for this pin and feel something special about their creations. There's definitely a passion/love for what they do.

4 months later
#2453 3 years ago

I'm looking at options for boosting the siren's sound in Red Line Mania. I didn't see an Air-Raid Siren Kit in the API store, so I'm hunting for a solution. It looks like the specific horns for an authentic air-raid feeling and sound require an external power supply. I'm thinking a microcontroller could provide the power while monitoring several areas of the machine for Red Line Mania. The program for triggering an event will be a challenge with a risk providing false alarms. I'd like to simplify the event monitoring to make this happen. Has anyone created something like this before?

This air-raid siren sounds about right, but has some size to it. Perhaps mounting it underneath the cabinet would be best;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010EEH13A/ref=emc_b_5_t

AirRaidSiren (resized).jpgAirRaidSiren (resized).jpg
#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I finished the video for removing the backbox:

Nice. I notice the backbox in the video has Orange T-Molding. Is Orange the current production or is that machine custom?

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

What fan did this end up being for you? Mine is also making that "fan is about to crap out" noise. I am almost certain mine is coming from the power supply in the lower cabinet.

It's likely the power supply's end-flaps are vibrating against its cover. I found the PSU end-flaps were not secured from the factory, which produces audible aluminum-to-aluminum noises from a variety of machine vibrations. Looking at the base-to-cover design; the cover is intended to slip over the base without end-flap gasketing nor securing hardware. The PSU cooling fan was loud; sounded like the machine had multiple fans running. You should contact API for assistance as the PSU has 'Void' stickers on the assembly.

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not sure... don't think I've ever gotten hundreds of cars in a single game. I agree with vegas9, kinda smells like a partly stuck switch somewhere......

I'd agree with the probability of a stuck switch providing tooo many cars collected. In my experience, I feel it's best to update the Standup Target Backing Foam to reduce this probability.
https://store.american-pinball.com/products/stand-up-target-backing-foam-10-pieces-kit0008-00

However, never underestimate the obsessives mechanisms of a Hot Wheels Collector. I don't if it's a lust for collecting or too much wine after dinner, but there is a threshold where the determination of a player to collect as many as cars as possible will override the games ability to display that collection.

#2501 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as Jack D. on OF, in the RING TOSS mode, this was unreal !!!

Watched that game. Gavin has his work cut out for him.

8 months later
#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Hello guys,
took me a while to finish, but now its ready to print. Enjoy the game and the building.
I love that the ball rolls thru the conveyor belt. Also made a video on my YT channel. Search for Hot Wheels Pizza Pinball.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5137013

Nice. You have a rotating chrome HW logo in the back too? Cool. What band/song was that jammin' Hot Wheels?

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Here you can see how the motor is mounted...

The Song is called Hot Wheels from Axel Rudi Pell ! I love it .
Links :
Sign : ebay.com link: itm
Coupling : ebay.com link: itm
Motor : ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

Holy Moly that tune ROCKS. It reminds me of the 80's, perhaps a touch of Judas Priest; I love it. It made my night, thanks.

1 year later
#3825 1 year ago

Anxiously awaiting a code update with Scorbit. Gambling on this hardware, perhaps a beta could be provided for the holidays?

HWscorbit (resized).jpgHWscorbit (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Was toying with the notion of replacing the fan in my power supply with a quieter model. Has anyone done this or know the spec of the stock fan? If instructions don't exist I can make them as I complete the work. Thanks

The noise/cooling conditions depend on the configuration supplied to your machine. American Pinball has made previous changes to their power units without making them clear to its end users. There's a risk in assuming your configuration is identical to others.

I have an early build HW and all of the power units were consolidated into one custom housing. The factory API's consolidated housing was likely designed for a previous 48v supply. The updated 48v supply blocked the lower breather slots and did not align with the end-cap's fan holes. This creates a buildup of heat within API's housing causing excessive requirements in operation of the cooling fan. When the fan did run, a portion of its exhaust air was recirculating within the housing providing a never-ending cycle of fan operation. The noise of the fan and a vibration from the consolidated housing's cover led me seek help.

I thought replacing the fan was the answer, but after testing found that heavily venting the consolidated housing and preventing the housing's end caps from vibrating against its cover alleviated my issues with fan noise.

#3848 1 year ago

The housing's end-flaps are free and slightly pliable. Applying minimal pressure to adjust them outward provided a better fit to the cover. I considered applying an intersecting tape gasket under the cover, but it wasn't needed.

20201011_172355_resized (resized).jpg20201011_172355_resized (resized).jpg
8 months later
#4098 7 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

"I am told that they are confidential by the engineering department."

Translated: "My job is Top Secret, even I don't know what I'm doing."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=RockfordReplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.