20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Unfortunately, the state of Illinois (where American Pinball is located) is still under a manufacturing lockdown, mandated by the governor. As soon as that order is lifted -- hopefully by the end of May, fingers crossed -- we're excited to get Hot Wheels out to everyone!

Sounds like manufacturing In Illinois might get a Green Light real soon - another manufacturer said tomorrow - how about AP ?

When are Hot Wheels going to start rolling ?

2 weeks later
#371 3 years ago

Watching a replay of the stream. I'm about half way through it and paused to comment... Game and play looks really nice.
Like what I see !

Thumbs up.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe someone asked this already but is the code on this game pretty mature already?

Watch the stream - that question was asked and answered. I believe the answer was some where around 95% give or take. They will polish it up too.

#462 3 years ago

I bought a Houdini and enjoy it. From what I have seen so far on Hot Wheels it is a nice surprise and pretty tempting.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I bought a Houdini and enjoy it. From what I have seen so far on Hot Wheels it is a nice surprise and pretty tempting.

Ok - I'm in.

#470 3 years ago

I was leaning pretty heavily - sure - convinced myself. I really liked what I saw on the stream. The game looks good and sure looks like it will play well and be fun. AP quality is very nice too. Lot's of positives. Looking forward to it. Everybody knows what Hot Wheels is. It will be fun to play I'm sure.

#518 3 years ago

They had some local pinheads in test playing. Yancy was mentioned as putting some time on it.

It looks pretty darn good - I wouldn't be afraid to order one. Go ahead - I did.

#530 3 years ago

Interesting facts about Hot Wheels .... Check out how many are made each week - if memory serves correct that was a trivia question during the stream of the pin. You will be surprised at some of the numbers ...

https://www.hotwheelsmedia.com/hotwheels-fast-facts.html

#565 3 years ago

All good stuff in the latest posts. Anxious to hear when my game ships. Hopefully not long - I want to see Hot Wheel's cross the finish line in my driveway !

I'll chime in here when I get it. Don't think the offset monitor position is any worry and at times I'm a bit over organized with symmetry and such. I'm going to bet that will be just fine. Game looked great in the stream and guessing will be even more impressive in person. Excitement building as discussion goes on here....

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Since I'm dancing around it: yes, there is an upcoming code release for Hot Wheels owners. Not a promise, but we hope to release it before the US 4th of July holiday. Lots of great improvements across the board!

Nice - guessing then if all goes well, that games shipping after 4th will have this code. Anxious to get my Hot Wheels and happy to hear about updates and polish being worked on for the game.

Tweak to the spinner sound ? hmmm intrigued

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

but we want all of our games to be distinctive. Hot Wheels is specifically intended to be about making the ball do its thing as fast as possible, and keeping your engine (Tach) revving.

YES - that is the flavor of the game and goes with the theme AND makes it different from the previous two titles.

Making each game different than it's predecessors is the way to go. I want to see some new things and differences each time

From what I have seen Hot Wheels hits the mark. Can't wait to get my hands on mine when it comes. Have I said that before ? LOL

#673 3 years ago

My game crossed the finish line in my driveway today. Finished setting up a little while ago and have updated to latest code too.

Played a few games and got a Red Line Mania - that was very cool - light show really neat. A bunch to explore.
I like seeing the cars collected on the display. Game is colorful , flips fast and will be fun.

#675 3 years ago

It's a really nice game. Just played a handful of games and experienced a few different multiballs, etc. Liking the animations, lights, overall feel. Plays fast.

Everybody should like this game, and I think it would be , or IS an exceptionally good choice for families.

If it's on your radar, do not be afraid to order one. I think the greater majority that play this are going to like it and enjoy it.

#685 3 years ago

Ran into a little hiccup a little while ago. All was running smooth but have run into a little trouble at about 30 plays in with the upper drop target. Have sent in service ticket request.

Trouble with upper drop target. Popping up and down after ball goes into vuk. It will fire several times and will not engage in a raised position. After a number of trys the target is staying down and does not raise. Upper drop target does not seem to catch in the up position. However with game off and manually resetting it with playfield raised seems fine and latches. Game was playing fine until about 30 plays. Then problem started mid-game. Have inspected the target mech and it does not bind or anything, is nice and free and will latch by hand. However during game play it appear's not to be functioning correctly now.

Otherwise have been having an enjoyable time with no other issues. I would guess with some help from AP this will hopefully be fairly easy to rectify.

#688 3 years ago

LTG The switch for the drop target tests ok. Shows light green on the switch chart when down and when I manually raised it to a locked raised position shows dark green.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a switch test in there. Make sure the switch opens when the drop target goes up and closes when the drop target goes down. Might need simple adjusting. There is a tab sticking out of the drop target that pushes the arm of the switch. Switch might have come loose too. Check wires too.
LTG : )

After testing switches and coils and thinking about it again I figured I may have missed something mechanical.

So I did more checking. When I was manually locking the target I was doing it by pressing on the end of the "paddle" under the coil plunger. I checked again and pressed directly under the plunger and the target would not lock. There is a nut that holds that paddle to the shaft of the coil. The nut screws right into the bottom of the metal coil plunger to fasten the paddle. That nut had loosed slightly. I tightened it up and the target again worked correctly during game play. However after a bit it came loose again. I tightened it again and gave it a tiny bit of blue locktite. If it works loose again I'll find a small star lock washer and add that to the equation.

Hopefully stays solved.

See photo - pencil eraser touching the nut that was loose...
plunger nut (resized).JPGplunger nut (resized).JPG

#692 3 years ago

Fix seems to have worked thus far. All appears good. Played about ten games already this morning.

This is a very fun game. I can see it will be one of my favorites.

Actually hit the super skill shot a couple times in my last handful of games. I have experienced several different multiballs and have done some battles of various nature.

Swapped out one car from the playfield to see how that goes and of course it's easy enough to do.

This game is a Winner.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a thanks to the API team. Code update looks great and worked seamlessly. Appreciate the continuous stream of updates and attention to feedback. Game is shaping up nicely!
One Goofy tech tip for new owners. After you cut those zip ties on the cars (you know you will!) you have to Squeeze those cars down into the Velcro to keep them locked in. After a dozen ish games I had a car drive off lol. Once you lock them down they are good and never move.

Yup - good tip. I had one car come off while carefully snipping the zip ties while setting up the game. Just squeeze the cars down and they lock in. Good idea to check them all and give them a squeeze when you set your game up. There are extra hold downs in your goody bags too.

#702 3 years ago

Easy enough to change cars. Velcro, ties or screws all will work. Just double check your fastening. The velcro actually works fine if you press together well as Yelobird said. Some of the fun will be the ability to change the cars out and that was a smart idea in design by AP.

You could change them periodically or put your personal favorites in. Or here's an idea - a friend gets a high score - you put their car in the game.

I did some swaps - stashed the original cars in the coin box. Bone Crusher stayed on the rpm swinger. I switched up the other cars this morning. A few quick pics...

cars 1 (resized).JPGcars 1 (resized).JPGcars 2 (resized).JPGcars 2 (resized).JPGcars 3 (resized).JPGcars 3 (resized).JPG
#706 3 years ago

Ha Ha - So your a closet collector of Hot Wheels !

Do you also have a closet full of Beer Steins and another full of magic Tricks ?

#711 3 years ago

I played my game a bunch since I got it and had some time over a long weekend. Over 80 plays. It has performed very well and this game is a Winner hands down. I know this is going to be one of my favorite games. Great Job AP !

I have had a handful of what I thought were very good games - at least for me, along with some medium ones and some short games - this to me says the rules, code and shots are balanced. I would say I am an average to good player. I am not a nudger or slapper and not one that try's to exploit rules for score. I just play and have fun and go with the flow. I may change my goals or try to change how I approach things from game to game for variety and exploration.

My best score thus far is 456,783,830. Skill shot Champ at 12,084,000. 30 Cars collected. Redline Champ at 91,000,000.

Stats from the machine :
83 games played
Ave. game time 03:39
Ave. ball time 1:13
Ave. Score 63,365,736

In have 4 scores that broke 200,000,000, but have had some real quick games too so the average might be - well, an average.

Hope this is good or at least some what useful feedback for you AP boys.

#713 3 years ago

Guessing those are all empty.

#724 3 years ago

Holy smokes ! - I haven't even completed a race yet.

I better re-acess my flippin abilities from average to good, to fair to average. Ha ha

#727 3 years ago

That's what nice about the game - you can focus on whatever you like. I did focus on the race a few times. I think I got to 4th when I concentrated on that. I'll get there - I'll be a Winner eventually.

Mostly I have been exploring everything at once and flippin at what the ball gives me quite a bit. I have been changing what I do during the course of a game doing different things to get the flavor of everything. I have been approaching it like a Pinball Sundae. There is just so much good stuff in there !

Yes - if you want to complete the race I think you have to make that the priority for sure.

I'd have a hard time hitting the switches by hand to do 1:19 !

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'm not at the factory often these days, as I am still working from home and only go in a for a couple of hours a couple of days a week, normally when there are issues they need help troubleshooting. But what can be a highlight is if I am there when games are being loaded up on trucks, knowing those games are going to someone who is chomping at the bit to rip open their new toy like it was Christmas morning. Sometimes I will recognize the name, as someone from this thread, which means it even better, knowing I will soon see their reaction to getting to play it.

I appreciate that you guys at AP got my game out quickly ! It is 1 week ago today, at just about this time that my game arrived. I have been enjoying playing it some each day and got a BUNCH of plays in over the 4th of July weekend. Yup - I was one of those guys chomping at the bit !

For those who are waiting, you will enjoy the heck out of your games when you get them and set them up. If you have to update your game code, it's quite easy. You will enjoy all the ways you can approach this game. It is very fast and flows well. The light shows are really nice and rules and play are well balanced. Game shoots really smooth. The animations are good and enjoyable. Don't be afraid to change out your hot wheel cars either. If you have favorites it's very easy to swap. Just give them a good squeeze down on their stands. The games a Winner - you WIN too when you get one.

#762 3 years ago

Holy Crap ! That's incredible.

If I just finish the race sometime I'll be happy. I bet if I do it in under 4 minutes or so I'll think I'm Hot Stuff.

There should be a disclaimer with that record time. "your results may vary and this may not be typical for most users "

#783 3 years ago

Wiring change was done early I'm guessing. I have game #30 and the wiring change was already done. Updating code was easy. Mine was shipped just before the code update. It's nice to hear games rolling out with wiring change completed and new code. New owners should be able to just unbox, set up and enjoy.

#793 3 years ago

I used the stock balls that come with the game. No issues. Also I inspected them after wiping them down before dropping them in the game and the quality of the balls provided looked fine to me. I am at over 100 plays and no issues with magnetizing.

#812 3 years ago

Finally had a game where I finished the race. Wasn't concentrating on doing that in the game where it occurred, but it finally happened. I was over 5 minutes so I didn't get to put my name on the board. At one point I did something to advance 3 extra race positions so that helped, or I probably wouldn't have finished the race.

The Victory Lap multiball was fun. That was a long time coming to see that.... I did get to put my name in as champion for that.

#814 3 years ago

That was it. I was concentrating on finishing the race when I advanced that I didn't pay attention to how I advanced as that propelled me within a couple shots of finishing the race. Of course I was on my final ball. Didn't want to screw it up. Ha ha.

#907 3 years ago

What do I get for doing it on one occasion in over a hundred plays at 5 minutes and 40 seconds ?

Has to be worth a Buck or maybe one New Hot Wheel car.

#952 3 years ago

I have not experienced bounces and drains as described by a couple folks at the end of the orange ramp. Set up at stock incline, all leg levelers screwed in, and game is leveled side to side at front and back.

#975 3 years ago

Game is terrific as designed and built. Has become one of my favorite games in my collection. This is approachable for all and has plenty of challenge too. I have been playing it a lot ! Has an almost classic feel to it. Something that is just plain fun and you keep wanting to play. Right mix of shots and goals you can go after as you see fit.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I have zero issues with the flippers on my machine. It's at 6 degrees and factory settings, and they have power to spare. Not as snappy as Stern but close. The ball flies through the loops and ramps. Have never thought for a second that they were under powered after probably 50 games. My pops are also as sensitive as any other machine. They may be spaced a little further than some, but create plenty of action to light supers in loop crash multi-ball and turbo boost. The ball never just passes through. If you liked the machine you played, you'll probably love one that is set-up/operating properly.

My experience too. It's important that the game is set up stock at 6 degrees, leg levelers all screwed in and level the game left to right at the top and bottom. It should play very well as designed. Have fun.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

You could get the impression reading some recent posts that HW is a relatively easy machine with underpowered flippers and pops. It’s NOT.
The game is fast with numerous ways designed to drain: RPM and Battle targets that put the ball out of control and are crucial to progress and score; feeds from the pops and some shots that are variable and often require the right bump to set up a controlled shot; difficulty trapping up forcing on-the-fly play to some relatively narrow shots and/or defensive play, AND a very tough turbo boost shot that is key to blowing up the game (may be fastest kickback in pinball history). I think it actually has great balance - some games are IM quick with an occasional longer, great game creating a just one more game feel.
I’m not a great or tournament player, but can hold my own and certainly know the difference between easy and hard. Like most games, it would need to be set up difficult for higher level tournament play, but lightening flippers would FU the design and be ridiculous IMO. Just watch the Deadflip stream and judge for yourself.
And the flippers and pops are standard fare. Probably closer to B/W then Stern.

I'd give you about 10 up votes on this if I could.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

New owner here and my flippers and pop bumper adjustments were perfect, right out of the box. Lots of pop bumper action and never a ball that rolls straight through the pops.
Whoever said this is a 'must have one more game' machine, wasn't kidding and I don't even know the rules yet!
Well done AP. Hot Wheels is an absolute winner!

Ditto !

#1070 3 years ago

Took a picture or two the other day. So here's one of my Hot Wheels pin sitting next to Houdini.

IMG_2986 (resized).JPGIMG_2986 (resized).JPG
#1072 3 years ago

No I don't have an Oktoberfest, but I'd sure think about it if a smoking deal would pop up !

Thinking ahead I also have to wonder what title #4 from AP will be like...

#1089 3 years ago

Also updated to 20.08.01 with no install issues. New sounds and video noticed right away on first play on new code.

@ joefox22 - hope you are sorted out soon.

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

My game wasn’t booting up after the update. It said the update was successful but would get stuck at a screen with text in the upper left corner and never start up. So then I downloaded the code to a different flash drive and it worked that time. No issues with the flippers, etc.
[quoted image]

Certain USB sticks can be problematic. When you find a good one stick with it, and clear all files off before grabbing code for updates on any game.

#1141 3 years ago

Good to hear you're going again !

2 weeks later
#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

@AP, just curious if you guys were seeing any shipping issues lately? 3rd week now that ive been told HW "will be there by the end of next week". Not a huge deal or nothing, just tring to be patient.

Rough being patient but you'll love the game when you get it ! Hang in There. I'm sure they will do to the best of their abilities for you.

#1235 3 years ago

Ha ha - I don't even have a cell phone. Much less a way to stream. Do have a small water feature in my backyard though.

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Guys.... if you are on the fence about this title and even if the theme does not appeal to you, do not hesitate!!
I have never been into Hot Wheels, nor have my (now grown) children or currently my grandchildren but, wow, what a load of fun this game is!!
Roger

I concur. This is a great game. One of the best pin purchases I have made. The way this theme is executed all through - art, animations, shots , code, playing enjoyment... the whole package is very cohesive and complete. It will meet and probably exceed your expectations !

1 week later
#1332 3 years ago

No room for a topper on my game so made a quick topper for my small beer fridge.

Could probably paint the base black and add some lights to finish it off.

Alternative would be a semi circular base and several cars, lights etc... May have to refine this.....

fridge topper (resized).JPGfridge topper (resized).JPG
#1344 3 years ago

Revised my beer fridge topper and painted the base black... I think it looks better just like this.
Really doesn't need the little cars either.

Could just set a couple on the towel if I want. Easier to change cars.
Guests can park their Hot Wheels there too. Don't want them drinking and driving.
revised fridge topper (resized).JPGrevised fridge topper (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1422 3 years ago

Congrats to those getting their new games. You are in for a big treat. This is one my favorite games in my collection. You will enjoy this.

If AP game #4 is even remotely as good as #3 I am probably in on day One.

#1435 3 years ago

Shots on Hot Wheels are not too tight. Most are pretty easy. Only little bit tougher one is Turbo Boost and I find I can backhand that one pretty well.

If you buy one you will enjoy it.

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Agreed; that being said, I find that playing HW for a spell, then playing my other pins, they seem a bit easier. HW has made me a better shot for sure.

Maybe because the rules are clear and concise, yet very good - that you are more focused on what you are shooting for while playing. That focus makes you a better shot and may carry over to how you play and enjoy your other games.

I am very impressed with this game and quite happy I bought one. To me it has a classic feel, that does not get old. A game you can enjoy for many years.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I’m debating on trading my Jurassic Park Pro for this. Thoughts?

You could always buy one again later if you do trade. If it's a pretty even up trade you are talking about I'd do it in a heartbeat !

#1452 3 years ago

@ MrSanRamon

That will keep your grandkids from pulling them out of the game.

#1454 3 years ago

Must be rough at your house when the grandkids ask for ice cream or something. LOL

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you have problems with the Velcro not holding a car securely, but don’t want to drill holes, you could also try a clear cable tie. Obviously not quite as clean a look. You can also simply try a different piece of Velcro, since in my experience some pieces of Velcro are just grippier than others, for reasons I don’t understand.

Some pieces of velcro are better than others. Also a good squeeze helps. I have not had a car come loose with the exception of one early on and did change cars in my game. I noticed one velcro that seemed less grippy and changed it when I switched out the cars. No issues with loose cars. Give the cars a good squeeze when you set up your game initially when you cut off the factory ties.

1 week later
#1547 3 years ago

Order one - you'll be happy.

1 week later
#1600 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just did the new style update. Super fast!

I also did the quick update - it was fast !

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Just updated to 20.10.15. Noticed that it seems redline mania has no music. Still has call outs as normal, but very little sound.

I had the same thing and did the incremental update. I'll try doing the full and see if that helps.

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's not right. Try doing the update again. If you're using the incremental update, try doing the full update instead.

Full update corrected my issue . Now have music and sounds during Red Line Mania.

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

for those that had the issue, do you recall what version you were currently on? While it should not have mattered, I would like to know why this did not work for some of you.

I think I was on 20.08.01 also. I don't think I had put in the September update between. Maybe missing one update mattered somehow. Just a wild ass guess as it looks like Fresh Wax and I had similar or same issue with music and sounds missing from Red Line with the newest code and doing incremental.

All good now though since I went and put in full update last night.

1 week later
#1687 3 years ago

I didn't know about Pioneer, but that is about in Bill's ( Lawnboy ) backyard. Or sure that Christopher - Kingpin could fix him up.

Just buy a NIB Bill. I think it would be tough sledding getting one out of another collectors hands. It's a great game.

#1697 3 years ago

Yes - American is very responsive. Count me in on game #4

3 weeks later
#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Okay, since you are bored and here, rosh. Give us some clues for next AP game going to be released?
Be cryptic
I need a reason to start budgeting now for my new pinball machine fund and since I can only pick one or two machines.....

Liking your thinking. I wonder what #4 is going to be ...

1 week later
#1855 3 years ago

Hot Wheels and Houdini got a new friend yesterday - Oktoberfest.

The three games fit nicely in a cove that can hold 3 pins in my game room. When AP #4 is released I may have to slide Oktoberfest over next to my small beer fridge and insert #4 between Hot Wheels and Houdini. Little beer fridge is just off camera and to the left so it would make a good grouping of four.

What a nice variety of games this is.

AP lineup (resized).JPGAP lineup (resized).JPG
#1862 3 years ago

Nice job on your tech announcements Dave. Good work. Text and photos I am sure will be helpful to those that may need help. Nice and easy to read and understand. Thumbs up. I have not experienced this issue, but for those that may, you post up nice clear instructions.

#1902 3 years ago

Hot Wheels is THE pin of 2020.

#1932 3 years ago

Make sure your beer fridge is on a different circuit also.

#1986 3 years ago

Update went smooth.

1 week later
#2095 3 years ago

Only mod necessary on any pinball machine is a pingulp. I have one on every game I own.

This one is safe. And useful.

Hey - you can change out the Hot Wheels cars too. I have done that. I give that one approval too as it's part of AP's game design for Hot Wheels.

#2102 3 years ago

I think the black one that is on the left side of your picture would make a a good spinner car.

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

This connection for the RPM target lights has unplugged itself twice now. For the AP folks in the thread, any warranty issues/problems with a small hot glue dot or two to keep the plug in place?
[quoted image]

I'd definitely use a zip tie before using hot glue. Not a fan of the hot glue. You don't need a ton of tension with the zip tie just a little help maybe. Make sure something isn't pulling the connector and there is some slack before plugging it back in. Maybe the lead doesn't have enough slack and that's why it's pulling/ falling off. Maybe the cable wasn't routed just right to that board. It should have a little slack and the connector and pins should be doing the job of keeping it connected. Otherwise find a way with a zip tie to assist with holding up the cable rather than mechanically holding the connector and pins together. Like brenna98 says .......

(I'd avoid glue if it were me)

Quoted from brenna98:

The friction alone should have enough hold... if the wire harness is pulling on it, you could add a zip tie or two to keep that plug from moving.

1 month later
#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Still haven't gotten a chance to play one of these, but really hope to soon. I've been pretty tempted to pick one up, even without playing first. It definitely looks like my type of game.

Just do it. I did it. You know what I buy and what my collection is like. Hot Wheels is the best game I bought in 2020. And I really like the others I bought last year too. That says something.

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Shit... sorry I didn’t realize I typed that much!

"Overall I was SUPER surprised at how fun it is. This is not just for kids at all. I agree it has an amazing ability to make you want to play it again and I think it would do really well on location. Thanks American Pinball for a job well done."

That would have done it if you wanted to be brief. Glad you like your game. This is a very fun game for sure. Enjoy.

#2332 3 years ago

Have been playing my game the last couple of nights after being away from it a little while. When I got done playing I thought again this was the best game I have bought in the last year for sure. Hot Wheels is a great game.

If Game #4 is anything like this "playability" wise count me in and bring it on.

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I find they deserve that just by doing what they do now (great pins, great quality, great staff, great customer service etc.). No need to be dependent on other companies 'failures'

Also hope the next game is in the pricing value or structure that Hot Wheels fell in.
Playability, reliability, fun factor and a good price - then count me in !
I was in early on Hot Wheels - I can be in early on game #4 too ... Make it happen AP. I'm ready when you are.

3 weeks later
#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying this pin, have not played it (hopefully this weekend).
Have to say it’s very feature packed for the price.
How do you feel it stacks up to the newer Stern pros like DP, JP, TMNT etc?

I buy a lot of new Sterns. Hot Wheels stacks up very well. Best game I bought in the last year for sure. And that's not taking anything away from my mainly Stern collection. I really Like my Stern games. AP has an unsung hit in my book - Hot Wheels is just plain that good ! Outstanding game. Very fun to play.

Buy a Hot Wheels - you will like it. It measures up very well. A+

#2416 3 years ago

@ pinstyle - You could always debox the game for transport in your vehicle if it turns out fit is a little tight. Minus packing and box when you pick it up may save having to put your kids on the roof for the trip home. Or rent a minivan or truck for the trip that you know has extra room.

Good luck with getting your game. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

.. Love this pin. It's super approachable, but very deep; shots feel great, and awesome flow...Lots of depth with the code, and different ways to play it every time.
Best NIB bang for your buck on the market right now, barnone.

Anxious to see what follows Hot Wheels..... hoping for the next one to hit these benchmarks with a very good value for the money. Hit those marks in a similar fashion and I am in for game number 4. Hope we see something in the fairly near future.

1 week later
#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Looking to take HW along to a planned show. How easy is it to remove the head?

Maybe just use a rental vehicle to go to the show ? No worries then and no disassembly, assembly with the head.

2 weeks later
#2561 3 years ago

Good to hear Hot Wheels is getting out on locations. More exposure equals more sales and More FUN for pin players to get to play and try this game. Hot Wheels is a great game! Push some more of these out....

And Hey - bring on game #4 soon !

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I'm joining the club today. Picking up a Hothweels from a fellow Pinsider this evening. Played my best friends a good bit and really enjoyed it. Definitely a great layout and I recall the light show being killer. Can't wait to get it home and all setup. Any tips or suggestions let me know. I'm also into modding things so if there's some you guys highly recommend I'm all ears. Thanks.

Pingulp and put in your favorite Hot Wheels cars.

#2599 3 years ago

I have just cleaned the shooter rod and housing on other games and then polish the shooter rod with a good mag wheel polish and then hand buff with a clean microfiber rag.

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Twippy related, I think Dave from AP should have been Rookie of the Year. Looking forward for his baseball card to appreciate to astronomical proportions. Seriously, thanks Dave for all the work and going the extra mile.

Agree with that. Dave does a great job. He gets an APE- E in my book. Much greater than a twippy.

2 weeks later
#2695 3 years ago

Yes - looking forward to the next pin. Come on AP - do it soon - Let's go ! I'm ready.

1 week later
#2714 2 years ago

Yes it does have a "classic" feel to it. A top notch game that makes you want to play again and again. Attack from Mars gives me that feeling - likewise Hot Wheels. It is a top of the heap game to me. One of my favorite games in my collection for sure. I don't think you could tire of playing Hot Wheels. It checks all the boxes and is a lot of fun and a well rounded game.

#2717 2 years ago

My piggy bank is bursting. Let er rip. I'll shovel up them pennies and cash them in on announcement.

3 weeks later
#2792 2 years ago

Best mod is a pingulp - you can drink and drive Hot Wheels pinball.

( only place drink and drive acceptable - ok with the pin )

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You weren't supposed to reveal our upcoming strip club theme yet!

Put me in for Game #4 !

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

they were added pretty early in the production run, and parts were sent to owners (through their distributor) of the games that shipped without them, so should not be too many games out there with them missing.

I have none in my game but have had no problems.

1 week later
#2838 2 years ago

That's me. I haven't cracked 5 minutes yet to hit the board. Just over 5:00 is my best time. 5:03 or 5:04 if I remember correctly.

1 week later
#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Unboxed my Hot Wheels tonight. Instant like - so fun, so much to do, great callouts on game what to do. Hate to say it - shots feel better and more fun that my JP Prem.

This game is overlooked by a lot of the pin public. They either haven't had a chance to play it yet or don't know much about it. It's a great pin. As things start to get to more of a normal, more people will play it and I suspect more will want this game for their home.

Really looking forward to AP game #4....

3 weeks later
#2895 2 years ago

Tip of one plastic broke off during play - furthest right simulated pop bumper plastic that extends down to the green car target. Finger Tip of the plastic broke off by the area just over the car target snapping at the screw post. Put in a request to purchase replacement plastic. Circled area indicates area that broke off. Low plastic that runs back to cover the turbo thrust and matches the pop bumper plastics.

BROKEN PLASTIC (resized).jpgBROKEN PLASTIC (resized).jpg
#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Definitely quite helpful! I'm hoping to play one soon but it's a little bit of a drive.
How tight are the shots? Do you have to be super dialed or can you get into a flow that's a little forgiving?
Any more feedback and insights from owners appreciated!

Just order one. You'll like it a lot.

#2908 2 years ago

Introduced an avid pin player to this game last weekend and he said it was a Winner. Have another friend coming over today and I expect similar sentiment. This is an excellent game.

If AP game #4 plays and shoots as enjoyably as this one I will be very pleased. Looking forward to the next release from AP.

1 week later
#2931 2 years ago

@ onemilemore - I told you that you would like it. Hot Wheels is a great game and you would enjoy it for a long time. When I have non pin playing guests at the house and we do some pinball, Hot Wheels is easy enough for them to understand, they have fun playing it and enjoy it. Likewise some of my experienced pinhead friends have all been impressed right off the bat when they get exposed to Hot Wheels for the first time as we have been getting back to playing. It hits the sweet spot for a pin that everybody can enjoy regardless of experience. Shoots well, is fun and great use of the theme and well implemented.

Hot Wheels is one of my favorite games, and I have a pretty nice collection. It's top tier for sure. Home run in my book.

1 week later
#2937 2 years ago

You will enjoy Hot Wheels for a long time to come. You will also find as you put some games on it your enjoyment will increase. It's very fun right from the first couple of plays, and only increases with each game you put on it. Hot Wheels will definitely feel at home in your garage.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Getting a Hot Wheels next week. Any adjustments needed before putting it on the floor?

If on route - I'd add screws to afix cars to the stands - otherwise leave on the cable ties holding the cars.

1 week later
#2984 2 years ago

Yup, keep your balls clean and good shape and Novus #1 should be all you need.

2 weeks later
#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have to buy ap's next game just because of the impeccable customer service i have received. thanks AP crew

Game #4 soon Please

#3033 2 years ago

Goals and Rules on Hot Wheels are great and the straightforward approach is the way for this game. I think it's really nice as is. Great job AP.

Non pin people and pin heads alike enjoy Hot Wheels when I have had them over to play. Everybody enjoys it. Great pin, well thought out, shoots well and the package all around is put together nicely - well executed.

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So look's like we're getting Co-Op mode hey? !!!!

Farmers Co-op ? Like ground livestock feed and bird seed. Cool !

2 weeks later
#3146 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I am happy to say I am a proud owner of a Hot Wheels. Thanks to Zach Meny for having 1 left in stock from Flip-N-Out Pinball. I should have it delivered in a week! So excited to join this club. The more I do research the more I see people loving this game. Now I get to experience the fun and excitement owning and playing this game. Thanks for all your advice and feedback before making the decision to purchase my first NIB. All that is left is buying the thicker foam and a shaker motor. Then I am all set! Knocker and Magic glass will be later down the road.

I think Hot Wheels is a great choice for a first NIB game and great for a family. I bet you will enjoy it. When I have guests over it's one of the games that gets attention right away. Both newbies and experienced players alike enjoy it.

2 weeks later
#3194 2 years ago

#3209 2 years ago

I like how you think. Pi (e) is always a winner and tastes good too.

2 months later
#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

I am in serious consideration buying a nib Hot Wheels. Played the game a number of times on location and that is the reason I am considering it. I expected little but really enjoyed it. So a little feedback is needed from owners. First do you have the game has that just one more game feeling and want it to be part of your collection for a long time. Second I have owned a number of Stern games some reliable some not. The only nib game I have owned I bought in 2015 Kiss and the game has had awesome reliability. I do understand you need to maintain. How has HOT WHEELS for reliability? Feel free to give any additional feedback you may have about your ownership. Thanks!

One of the most enjoyable games I have. Everybody else that plays it is impressed too. You will want to keep pushing the start button. I got mine early right after launch. I made one adjustment and it has been rock solid. Only thing I had to adjust was the drop target in the track builder lane. Maybe 30 games in. After that no other adjustments to speak of. It is reliable.

Hot Wheels is the number one title I recommend to others to buy. Buy it - you'll like it.

#3383 2 years ago

@ Intruder99

You are going to enjoy it when it comes. Hope you get your game soon.

1 month later
#3420 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hey everyone,
Debating over trading out my mando premium for a hot wheels. Wife is looking for something easier and she is interested in this game. I heard shots are tight however and wanted some input from those who own the game.

Hot wheels is extremely approachable and playable for all levels of players. Guests who have little experience playing pinball have enjoyed playing mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.