20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 4 years ago

This looks awesome. Can't wait to flip it! From what I am seeing...this will be right up my alley. Love the colors, layout looks fast and flowy with some unique shots and features. Rules sound fun with plenty to do. Fun theme...I grew up on old school Hot Wheels as well, but I love the idea of battling dinosaurs as well (and I have both JP machines already....can never have to many dinos). This is great!

9 months later
#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

OK so can anyone help me out here.
I soldered two wires to the sub in the cab for an external sub. I de-soldered the stock wires then twisted the ones i was adding to them and soldered them back up. When i started the game with the external sub connected with the two jacks the sub worked, but the sub in the cab sounded raspy and crackly. when i unplugged the two rca jacks it went back to normal.
I looked at the speaker prongs that the wires are soldered to and one is + and one is -. So i thought maybe i had them backwards (if that matters i don't know) so i removed them, untwisted the wires i added and soldered the original wires back with red wire to positive and black to negative. Then i attached the rca wires back with a clip and plugged in the rca to the sub.
Same thing. When the rca were plugged in to the sub it worked but the sub in cab sounded shit again. Unplug the rca from sub and the cab sub was normal????
So now i thought well i am going to connect 2 pins to the sub so i clipped wires to the cab sub again but this time they went into 1 rca jack. So now even before i plugged the rca in, the cab sub sounded crackly again. When i plugged the one rca into the sub it worked but cab sub was still shit.
any ideas what the fudge is going on here???
Can i just run a 3.5 jack to the amp and plug it in there?

You can't use line level (RCA) jacks on your sub to hook it up like that, you need to use speaker level (look like regular speaker posts, either screw type or push in type).

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

This is the back of the sub. So I should wire to the high level input?
[quoted image]

Yup! Choose either the left or right. Use the other channel for a different game.

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ok thanks. And the sub in the cab will sound normal too?

Can't promise, but it should. At least on Stern games that's how it works...afraid I'm not sure on American. But it should.

#2261 3 years ago

That's a really odd choice to not have an accidental shooter lane ball auto launch. I think every modern machine since the auto plunger was invented does this. What happens if a ball lands in the shooter lane during multiball? Does it just sit there until the player notices? That is a big problem for tournament play. If the player truly doesn't notice it's an unfair advantage, if he notices and chooses to ignore it, that's illegal play, like a stuck ball. And how do you know the difference? That's honestly a problem if that behavior is accurate/intended and not just a switch issue.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

It plunges during multiball. It doesn’t once you lock a ball to start multiball. The ball locks in the track and then another one kicks out to the plunger but it sits there. Usually it will auto plunge on most pins and the multiball starts right away.
During normal play if the ball goes in the lane it doesn’t auto plunge. Where it feels like it should auto plunge

Ahh...not nearly as big of a "sin" then. Just a really, really odd quirk. At minimum this should be an option.

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And BTW, I’m extremely cognizant of competition rulesets. In any common competition ruleset that I know of, both holding the ball briefly in the plunger lane at the start of Track Builder Multiball, and a ball being held in the Track Builder lane during that same multiball, are completely legal, because they’re part of the intended design of the game, and the software will move the balls along at the proper time (assuming switches are healthy, of course).

Definitely. I misinterpreted Happy's post and thought that balls which fell or airballed into the plunger lane during multiball would just sit there. I do not see a problem with plunging your own ball to start a multiball. Odd maybe...but not a problem.

I also wanted to say, I love the activity by you and the other American Pinball reps on this and other threads. It's definitely a breath of fresh air to be able to interact directly with you guys so easily. Thank you.

Still haven't gotten a chance to play one of these, but really hope to soon. I've been pretty tempted to pick one up, even without playing first. It definitely looks like my type of game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.