20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2354 3 years ago

Had my HW for a day now. Loving it. One nit picky feedback. Been a while since I had a game with spinners so was really looking forward to having a pin with two.......my nit pick - the sound on the spinners. Maybe its me but it doesn't match the rest of the theme. It sounds like a roulette wheel kinda. What about like a turbo whine kicking in or something on a car spinning at high speed........or maybe it's just my hearing going.

1 week later
#2365 3 years ago

such an awesome playfield........i'd like to brighten it up a bit mid field. Was thinking of putting a single spot over on the right mid playfield or two spots above slings...........where can I steal GI power from?

#2369 3 years ago

Started by replacing the red car on the spinner - then maybe went a little crazy.

IMG_0314 (resized).jpgIMG_0314 (resized).jpgIMG_0315 (resized).jpgIMG_0315 (resized).jpgIMG_0316 (resized).jpgIMG_0316 (resized).jpgIMG_0317 (resized).jpgIMG_0317 (resized).jpgIMG_0318 (resized).jpgIMG_0318 (resized).jpgIMG_0319 (resized).jpgIMG_0319 (resized).jpg
#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

How it looks in the dark with the glow cars ?

too much light from the pin itself to notice them glowing

#2376 3 years ago

Working on the plan still ........but start of a Topper at least. Still waiting on the Triceratops set to arrive.

Need some really smart guys as the t-rex can move......i'm not the guy to figure out some type of relay tied to the game though though.

810zTFG64rL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg810zTFG64rL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpg

#2377 3 years ago
IMG_0332 (resized).jpgIMG_0332 (resized).jpgIMG_0333 (resized).jpgIMG_0333 (resized).jpgIMG_0334 (resized).jpgIMG_0334 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying this pin, have not played it (hopefully this weekend).
Have to say it’s very feature packed for the price.
How do you feel it stacks up to the newer Stern pros like DP, JP, TMNT etc?

Have bought a NIB Stern Avengers Hulk LE......build quality on Hotwheels is so superior its not even funny. Don't know what newer Sterns are like since then.

Have bought a NIB WOZ........just reinforced I don't like wide body games even if they're pretty.

Have a MMR LE original run - I find the shots more satisfying on Hotwheels......but can be harder to make. Bally/Williams DMD games are some of the best with call outs and shots......but where the new pins stand aside in my opinion is how they fully draw you into the game with shaker motor, light show, music.

As you progress through hot wheels you really feel your game. You know your making shots and racking up your score without looking at the display so more than on older games.

Enabling the shaker motor to "full" (or whatever the setting is) and having it go off while the ball travels through the pop bumpers and the sound with sub just seems to draw you right into the game. The light show that changes with the modes makes it more immersive than WOZ ever was in my experience.

Had a rocky and bullwinkle, Fishtales, STTNG, Elvira scared stiff, Family Guy, Creature, Getaway II, RFM, data east start wars.

Of the pins I've had or have - Hotwheels easily in the top three. Game is fun if you just want to bash a ball around but can also be quite challenging if you are trying for different modes and shots. Personally really like the theme between the humor, animation, fantastic light show. Of all the pins I've had.......it's the one that's hardest to walk away from. Always find myself saying "just one more game".

I'm not a hotwheels fan......but do like color and humor in my themes. And I don't believe there's such a thing as a "kids themed" pin.

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The shaker goes off with the pop bumbers? How do you enable this?

Shaker motor. Sorry I might have typed sub. And yes - setting usage to high as per previous post.

1 week later
#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

LOL!
Just rig up a foot switch on the floor to manually start and stop it. That way you can choose to not use it at night when others are sleeping! May as well hook up a fan and flashing beacon and bubble machine while you're at it LOL!

I was actually thinking last night that a fan on the game would be pretty cool for when things get "moving". Tie it to the spinning car...........

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Knocker officially for sale on API website! Ordered!

Just FYI for any fellow Canadians. This knocker will cost you an extra ~$50 to get through customs for brokerage fees.

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from Duester:

Has anybody else noticed, you can bypass the Battle videos with a double click of both flippers? When the video starts, hit both flippers twice in a row and the ball will kick out to begin the battle.

any of the cut scenes can be bypassed like this. End of ball summary sometimes does/doesn't though.

#2487 3 years ago

ahhh. was having an awesome game and seems my VUK switch

Quoted from Ferret:

Double-flipping during the end of ball bonus significantly accelerates it, but does not outright cancel it... that's by design.

Kind of figured that - like it that way.......thanks!

1 week later
#2531 3 years ago

Wow - I never measured angle of my machine but with leg bolt adjustment all the way in I knew it wasn’t fast enough. Backed back leg bolts out an inch and checked level side to side which was good - no more than an inch on the back though and immediately enjoyed game play much more. I have had maybe 5 air balls off targets - usually during a multi ball when I’m not controlling shots.

Have had more launch balls off the right ramp than off targets but still nothing I’d be concerned about. I have some Lexan on order to see if I can rig something for right ramp.

Edit here’s mine with PinGuy app

04539A27-B99E-4E7A-98E9-24CDE64A0073 (resized).png04539A27-B99E-4E7A-98E9-24CDE64A0073 (resized).png
#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Apologies for the noob question. This is the first time I've seriously tried to level one on my pins. I'm using a inclinometer and it has been calibrated. I'm good left to right, but I'm getting two significantly tilt angle reading depending on where I measure. I'm squaring up the level the best I can. I assume I'm missing something here? Perhaps there's only one area I should be measuring? Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just use the pinguy app on my iphone which is nice as it has audio to tell you what to do while you're under the pin making adjustments.

Unless you are getting air balls..........i wouldn't get to sciency on levelling. Do what plays good. Thats just one opinion though

#2582 3 years ago

For those getting excessive airballs....... What is the height of the bottom of your target and also mid point on the rivet thing. Also how "far back" or "far forward" are your targets mounted on the underside. this is a picture of my far left target. Is it possible the ball is hitting the rivet above center and its helping to deflect it into the air???

IMG_0440 (resized).jpgIMG_0440 (resized).jpgIMG_0441 (resized).jpgIMG_0441 (resized).jpg

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your target in the under playfield shot looks bent back a little, the bracket holding it. So air balls likely started than and will get worse.
I'd bend the bracket back upright or get a reinforced target bracket for it.
LTG : )

I'm actually not getting airballs - was trying to see if there was a diff for those that are.

#2603 3 years ago

I lowered my table to 6 degrees - instantly more air balls...........but more importantly took what was a very fun game to me and slowed it to a crawl. For me - going back to 7 degrees. Game is way more fun

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question as I’ve had my Hothweels now for about two weeks. Why do the High Scores on this screen not lineup? Bugs me that there not all in perfect unison with each other.
[quoted image]

I think it makes it easier to read/differentiate one line from the other

1 month later
#2754 2 years ago

Has anyone installed a cliffy's protector set yet? If so any tips/tricks before I dive in on mine?

#2756 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I didn't know Cliffy had a set for Hot Wheels.

HotWheels-Complete002-st (resized).jpgHotWheels-Complete002-st (resized).jpg
#2762 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Has anyone installed a cliffy's protector set yet? If so any tips/tricks before I dive in on mine?

Done. That's a big plastic around the VUK loop! Have to remove quite a bit to get at the playfield for the protectors there.

Nothing difficult though.

Just the rail guard left to install.

Probably just over an hour total time.

edit: to note, ended up having to adjust the ball trough switch slightly. mine must have barely been registering but with the lane protectors I guess the ball is raised an another 16th of an inch. Give away was could not do the RPM skill shot. Hitting flippers didn't increase rpm as it figured the ball was already in play vs sitting on the switch.

The switch wire is angled under the playfield and hits the underside of the playfield preventing the switch wire and switch rising up ......so you need to change that bend/angle to allow for more travel up towards the top of the playfield before also bending the switch wire up to make up for the ball being raised slightly........if that makes any sense.

1 month later
#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

What’s the name of the game again?
[quoted image]

That's what i thought so

758b190b2a141359a818d8a38cbbc86f88d39fa4 (resized).jpg758b190b2a141359a818d8a38cbbc86f88d39fa4 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hobbypinball how tall are those toys?
They look great
I would like to do that too, but have a low ceiling.

Sorry - been away. Adds 12 inches

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=Hobbypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.