20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighNoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. The machine looks great! I'm excited to learn more and I can't wait to play it.

2 months later
#205 3 years ago

I'm pretty excited about this one. Any plans in the works for a gameplay video and/or official release?

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hot Wheels DEEP DIVE on This Week in Pinball coming this week!!
[quoted image]

Awesome...can't wait!

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They had Hot Wheels as a kid and like the theme. Game turns out to be a lot of fun and many don't care what it's named ? Some are just AP fans and want the game.
LTG : )

This. I liked hot wheels as a kid. I like playing with hot wheels with my kids now. The game looks cool and the rules look fun (car collecting, track building, shifting gears). After the first videos of hot wheels pinball came out, I went and watched the hot wheels web show. The show was neat and basing some modes on it is a great idea and great use of the screen. Also, I like the games AP has made so far.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

In terms of good theme, one could ask oneself “have I spent more hours all together playing with Hot Wheels or watching Star Wars?”. For me it’s not even close so I guess that would make Hot Wheels a way better theme. Admittedly, I never had any Star Wars toys.
On the other hand, this game seems to be based more on a tv show which I’ve never seen and not the toy, but I have spent some enjoyable hours watching Star Wars films. But I guess what really wrecks it for me is that the Hot Wheels cars in the pin make brum brum noises which my toys never made. Back in my day, Hot Wheels were zero emission vehicles, but this pin seems to want to celebrate vehicles which pollute. What’s up with that?
But I’m looking forward to watching some of the video.

You might be overthinking it

(both are good themes)

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

but isn’t that the whole raison d’etre of Pinside - to way overthink stuff that’s otherwise not so important ?

Ha! You have me there.

1 week later
#375 3 years ago

Awesome looking game and great stream last night. I was excited for this game before and now I really can't wait for it.

1 week later
#568 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What are owners thoughts regarding the off center display. This semed be a concern when announced.

I've recently realized I'm an asymmetry type of guy, so I say it's about time someone put the display off center!

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

$1 Million to the first person to demo the skill shot on video. I don’t understand it and cannot believe it works as intended. I get the part of landing the ball on number three and receiving a tach value of 4, rather it is the timing with the tachometer to get a higher value that doesn’t compute. Prove me wrong and American Pinball will happily pay you for your skills and effort.

I haven't played the game or seen it in person yet, so this probably falls under the cheap advice category. Have you tested the shooter lane switch? Maybe that's causing you issues.

4 weeks later
#856 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Tach at 7 in 1st gear = 700K
Tach at 4 in 2nd gear = 800K (400K Tach value * Gear Multiplier)
The key to the monster scores is working your Turbo Boost, which will be limited to once per gear, so the optimal play is to play your Turbo Boost BEFORE you Redline that gear, then focus on Redline to make that next Turbo Boost available in the following gear.

How does Turbo Boost work? In other words, how do you activate it and what does it do?

1 month later
#1239 3 years ago

What's everyone's highest epic fail (collect epic is lit, but you drain)? Mine is 118 million.

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I failed to collect 1.3 billion. That was truly an EPIC fail. Final score was 10.5 billion+

Crazy! Well I'm definitely not in that league yet.

4 weeks later
#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lmk what your thoughts are it’s either this or gnr

Can't comment about GNR, but Hot Wheels is a fantastic game all around.

1 week later
#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I just wanted to follow up here and say That even with the few minor hiccups, my family and I couldn’t be happier with this pin. You can tell everyone at American Pinball’s main goal with this was to make it Super fun. It shoots buttery smooth. There’s always lots going on, but the light show makes it super easy for everyone to know what to shoot for. Kids and beginners feel like they have accomplished a lot each ball, but to truly get a huge score takes a fair bit of skill. It’s also a game that’s fun to sit back and watch others play, as you get to see all the animations, cars, etc as they pop up on the monitor.
Another thing I was quite happy with is how American Pinball includes so many extras. An extra hot wheels car, Extra Velcro pads, Extra slingshot plastics, a topper, flipper stickers, shaker motor, etc. My buddy and I both agree that as far as best bang for your buck on a new pin, not much compares to the value you get with hot wheels.
Also, My wife isn’t much into pinball, so far she has really only enjoyed my old Gottlieb super Mario Bros pin. But if today ya any indication, it looks like she has two she enjoys now, so that’s a big win!
A huge congrats to the American Pinball team on creating such a great game, and also a big Thankyou to everyone here who recommended it.

Well said. I completely agree with all of this.

2 weeks later
#1624 3 years ago

Did the car collecting get tweaked in the latest update? It seems like I was getting more or less the same bunch of cars in the previous version. With the new code, I've gotten lots of new ones that I'd never seen.

Could totally be my imagination, though.

Also, did a full update and Redline Mania works (and sounds) great!

1 month later
#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Dang, didn't seem like that long ago. I'd pick one up in a heartbeat if it was still going in. I miss my Oktoberfest but took a bath on it when I sold it after buying new. One of the most fun games ever and compliments Hot Wheels nicely. Excellent work AP.

Oh, wow. I was just thinking about that deal the other day as well and I didn't realize it was that long ago. Gotta be honest, I'd consider it if it was still going.

2 years later
#3931 1 year ago

Coming up on being a two year owner. I love this game and play it often. Embarrassingly enough, still haven’t gotten to Draven. I’ll even try focusing on battles when the game starts, but I inevitably get drawn to finishing the race, and then I almost have redline, and then you know what I better not ignore that Epic that’s half done… What a great game!

8 months later
#4192 3 months ago
Quoted from JHolz25:

Just received my Hot Wheels. I purchased my first NIB machine about a year ago and have since purchased 11 more NIB with them all being Stern. I am usually good at researching problems and learn how to fix them, but I am currently stumped.
When I unboxed my HW there were several issues, but the biggest one is the shooter rod was sitting really far back (3/4 inch) from where the ball rests between the metal auto launch forks. When you try and plunge the ball, it just wabbles an inch or two and will not come of out the shooter lane. I tinkered around for a while and tried some recommendations I found online, but nothing had worked. So, I rigged it by taking out the barrel spring on the outside, added 5 washers between the handle and the cabinet and it is working fine. This might be stupid, but has anybody had this issue and how were you able to fix it?

I'm having some trouble visualizing what's wrong...maybe pictures would help? Was the cabinet damaged at all in shipping?

#4196 3 months ago

Where did you add the washers at?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighNoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=HighNoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.