0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1456 3 years ago

Thinking about joining the club. Is there any issues with this pin? Also, is it like stern where prices can vary by distributor?

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

There may be some variance but not too much I think. The price is the same ball park in the neighborhood of $6000-6300 NIB. Only issues I have had are the settings and from what you have read so far -
* Change pads underneath stop lights and RPM switches.
* Screw cars down so they don't get knocked off.
* When you get really deep into the game there are known bugs were the LEDS get flustered and don't know what to do so they stay a certain color. That is a known bug in the code and is easily fixed by restarting the machine.
* You may need to screw flat some popup switches - not a big deal - where balls sometimes get stuck.
* Not one of these are showstoppers.
* You get almost instantaneous support from Rosh, Ferret and Dave on the forums or from American Pinball.
* Random machines have $3000 - in hundreds taped on top of the shaker motor - NO THAT IS NOT TRUE - IGNORE THIS ONE PLEASE.
*If you are planning on running it on a location - you need to dial back the flipper strength - or bolt down the car on the right side ramp because it may get hit a lot.
* It is a great family friendly theme.
* It is just plain crazy fun with very well synchronized shaker motor action, lights and sounds.
If in doubt, try playing it and see for yourself if it is for you or not.
Oh and will it be better than your Avengers Infinity Quest LE machine? Dude, you KNOW it will be EPIC better It has claymation in it ! ! ! !
(Pinball is a subjective hobby - ordered a premium AIQ myself.)

Haha, well thanks for the great reply!! Hoping aiq le comes soon and probably will get a HW so I be able to compare.

If anyone knows of a great distributor that I could get it around 6 to Michigan let me know. There is a local one that’s 6300 so might just go with them

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

MSRP is $6,295, so I would not expect to find any NIB for less. I just want to manage your expectations. It seems most dealers are selling them for this price.
Thank you for considering Hot Wheels!

Thanks!

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

A lot of distributors will take off 2-3% off MSRP if you pay with check or bank transfer. This way they don't get charged a CC processing fee. So they are basically passing the savings on to you. It would only amount to 150 bucks so won't get you to 6K. You can always call around. You might find one that would do 6K.

I’d do straight cash money if they were local

1 month later
#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Hello all. Does anyone have one they want to sell or trade close to Milwaukee??
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104906

I’m sure they would sell you one and it’s just over an hour away

1 week later
#1723 3 years ago

My orders in! Curious, do they all come with art blades and a topper? Or was that limited?

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Congrats. The answer is yes.

sweet! Thanks! The kids and I are pumped up for it.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I believe every game gets a shaker and blades now.

Sweet!

#1731 3 years ago

How many cars can you switch out?

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I'm surprised you guys haven't sold 500 yet. Its a really good game.

yeah, that’s what I was thinking too and it’s not a bad nib price

#1745 3 years ago

Im hoping i get mine soon. I liked it when I played it but I’ve been on a tear getting the most recent pins. We will see how it stacks up with tmnt le and aiq le. No gnr for me yet but I’ll get to compare it to the two most recent stern. I’m sure it will hold its own.

2 weeks later
#1823 3 years ago

How long does it take to get a hot wheels. It’s been weeks since ordering and my distributor hasn’t heard anything. No worries if it takes a bit just excited to get it

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

While it was taking a few weeks or more back in the summer and early fall, currently the wait is typically just a week or so as far being ready to ship from us. Obviously shipping time can vary a bit. If it has been multiple weeks you might want to check with your distributor.

Ok, they might of not put the order in on Time or something. It’s been over 3 weeks so I was hoping this week it would ship. I’ll reach out to them again and double check.

Thanks!

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Your game is shipping out today - sorry for the delay with this one. As Rosh mentioned, Hot Wheels typically ships out within a week, as it is readily available.
Thank you kindly for your patience and support!

No worries at all. Thanks for the reply! We are excited to add it to the line up!

#1899 3 years ago

Hot wheels will be delivered tomorrow!!!! I can’t wait

#1908 3 years ago

Hot Wheels received and I got the signed flyer! You guys are awesome!

Here is my initial take with unboxing, setup and playing about 10 games. Please keep in mind that most of my experience is with Stern as I usually buy a few a year NIB

Unboxing

Positives
- Awesome job with the packing, super easy to set it down and pull it out of the box. You guys went above and beyond here. Way easier than stern plus it came wrapped in the box so I could put it on the cart and bring it to the basement without having to prep it myself
- Rails and feet on the bottom is great that you left that compared to sterns flat bottom
- Goodie bag was awesome, it had some nice extras and you put flyers from all your pins in the box
- Lock down bar protected in plastic was a nice touch

Opportunities
- The plastic wrap was over the leg brackets. I had to carefully cut them out so I could put on the legs. I was nervous about damaging the cab art. I dont know how you get around this and I think its very minor. I would rather have you wrap it then not.

Setup

Positives
- Great idea having the legs bolts use the same tool as locking down the head!
- loved that the USB is by the coin door so I could easily update it. So much easier to do that then having to remove the back glass
- Good to see it has real metal cabinet protectors to protect the art vs sterns cheap plastic ones.
- Plastic topper, art blades, flipper art tops, hologram back of the cars are all really great touches to the pin
- The cab art seems like its thick and the over all build is really nice. It doesnt feel cheap.

Opportunities
- Really need to make sure someone listens for that ticking noise when testing the sound before it leaves the warehouse. It took a while to adjust the amp to get rid of the noise. Also, testing the speakers was frustrating for me. The TV static sounds and what it cycles through makes it almost hard to listen too and its a horrible sound. Plus, the lights are so bright that trying to adjust the nobs are blinding. I dont know if I can shut those off while im in the test setting.
- Add a pitch level by the shooter lane. I used an app but its easier just to check the bubble centered on a line.

Play

Positives
- So far its a lot of fun, the kids really are enjoying it. I have only played 10 or so games but what we have played we really liked.
- I love the light show and the clips. The music is really good especially on the speakers. They sounds great once adjusted properly. The kids were really enjoying the clips and music

Opportunities
- I have had 5 airballs off of the right ramp. One knock a car off on to the playfield and i had to stop playing. Not sure if this is common but it jumps over that ramp
- GI seems dark. I actually went and tested it to see if there was anything out. Its between lights in my basement so that doesnt help.

Overall

This is a really great pin so far and you can tell you guys put a lot of love and care into it. I felt like I was treated special unboxing it with all the flyers, the extra items in the coin box and everything added to the box/playfield. It was a much better experience than I have ever had with Stern. I am used to getting the minimum of what is advertised from them and sometimes I dont even get that.

Your build quality seems really good. I didnt find anything concerning or a random screw laying at the bottom of the cab. Real knocker, shaker, metal leg protectors, rails with plastic feet on the back, colored rails to set your playfield on, amp with great sounding speakers are all great. I was honestly surprised how nice hot wheels was at the price point you have it. I didnt feel like you skimped on anything.

I am excited to see what you make next! I would easily buy your next title based off of this experience. Keep up all the great work!

10D22FF4-6B05-4EE5-AC74-C1972DB3403C (resized).jpeg10D22FF4-6B05-4EE5-AC74-C1972DB3403C (resized).jpeg41B9EFE8-6539-4454-B2BE-EA1E83C903A3 (resized).jpeg41B9EFE8-6539-4454-B2BE-EA1E83C903A3 (resized).jpeg41EF16DE-D2D0-41FC-959C-3F357C1C84AF (resized).jpeg41EF16DE-D2D0-41FC-959C-3F357C1C84AF (resized).jpeg80C0B526-728C-4D8F-A44C-DFE0CBC6D74F (resized).jpeg80C0B526-728C-4D8F-A44C-DFE0CBC6D74F (resized).jpeg812E9946-63BC-429F-88EF-909800594300 (resized).jpeg812E9946-63BC-429F-88EF-909800594300 (resized).jpeg946A4661-3EEB-4719-B5A4-4EAEF501503C (resized).jpeg946A4661-3EEB-4719-B5A4-4EAEF501503C (resized).jpegABCE5E3F-2B18-4137-AAB5-C45FA7461407 (resized).jpegABCE5E3F-2B18-4137-AAB5-C45FA7461407 (resized).jpegBE579483-F665-46CF-BE03-2EE476E27DB3 (resized).jpegBE579483-F665-46CF-BE03-2EE476E27DB3 (resized).jpegCC64C062-B7D1-4EE8-A078-87AA5CFC4E59 (resized).jpegCC64C062-B7D1-4EE8-A078-87AA5CFC4E59 (resized).jpegD543D75B-3283-4BFF-AC76-8871C1E0F9C0 (resized).jpegD543D75B-3283-4BFF-AC76-8871C1E0F9C0 (resized).jpegDE20254B-756F-4FFD-A1EC-853877D20543 (resized).jpegDE20254B-756F-4FFD-A1EC-853877D20543 (resized).jpeg
#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:Go to Settings > Standard > General Illumination Brightness and make sure it's at max (10).

Thanks! I checked and it’s at 10. It’s just a little darker than my other ones but not horrible. It’s almost a blue light vs bright white

Great pin though...I just got red line multiball. Really cool

1DF513F6-4D24-41D6-824F-A6207A873D6B (resized).jpeg1DF513F6-4D24-41D6-824F-A6207A873D6B (resized).jpeg
#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yeah, interesting comparison with the GotG. I'm guessing the colored ramps on Hot Wheels eat up some of the light.

Yeah, I’m sure that is some it.

#1922 3 years ago

Anyone else getting big jumps off the right ramp? Sometimes it shoots smooth but probably once a game it flies off the ramp either to the back or around the loop to hit the left side.

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

To reduce airballs, consider reducing the power of the flipper coils, especially the left one, via Settings > Coils.

I increased the pitch a bit and so far it seems to be working better. Played 5 games, probably hit that ramp 20 times and no issues

#1936 3 years ago

I’m about 50 games in on HW and I think it’s pretty amazing. My wife and I played it tonight. The rules are easy enough for me to explain it but there are so many different things it’s actually really deep. The most Ive gotten is one hero car, a couple of battles won and epics for a 450M score. The light show is phenomenal. Probably the best out of my collection and I’m pretty adjusted to the playfield so it doesn’t feel as dark as when I first played. Putting it at about a 6.4 pitch made the difference on the right ramp. I have had no airballs since. The shaker motor is really integrated well and it’s just fast and fun. Overall, this is a really great pin. It makes me want to keep playing it. That one more game type feeling that I don’t have with too many of my pins. As you can see in my history I have gone through a lot of pins but this definitely has staying power.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So glad you’re loving the game!
Yes, as the IFPA Hot Wheels Challenge series has done a nice job demonstrating, there are tons of things to do, but it’s easy to understand / focus on each one individually and have a great time. But putting them all together for an epic game... that’s easier said than done.
Speaking of which, folks may be interested in checking out Karl DeAngelo’s great stream last night where he finally reached Legend Multiball. twitch.tv/iepinball

Nice, I’ll check it out now!

Here is the link

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/831895135

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Legend multiball looks cool. Whats with the fuzzy screen though during it?
And after all the work to get there, when the time runs out it, its very anticlimactic.
No great animation or light show at the end of it. Just plunge and keep playing?

Yeah, I have the same question on the screen.

A timed wizard mode might be a first but I agree anticlimactic when your done. I’m sure it’s a blast while you play it

#1943 3 years ago

Is there more than one wizard mode? The question marks for battle and epic is that mini wizard modes?

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Upcoming code release has some Legend MB visual improvements, including fixing that borked background animation.
Timed wizard mode is nothing new, BTW... many games do that.

I know there are some but not sure how many are final wizard modes.

Not saying it’s bad just different. I like red line multiball how’s that timed. It would be cool to have a type of wizard mode fighting the 4 monsters. Is that the ? For them

#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Lost In The Zone.

Oh yep, I just sold that game a couple months ago. Very true

#1992 3 years ago

Tried the new code tonight. Works awesome, I shot my best game yet! 1.2B

B3A6A7B3-682B-4F0F-A0D0-2A0435DFEA70 (resized).jpegB3A6A7B3-682B-4F0F-A0D0-2A0435DFEA70 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2144 3 years ago

So pissed at myself...I gouged the side of my head decal rearranging pins. Looks like it should be easy to apply a new one. How do I order one?

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Come on man... We all know " rubbing is racing " !!!
A few tire swirls on the side makes yours a proven competitor !!!

Haha...although it’s not a huge deal to me but if I ever sell it people will make it a big deal. Right now we plan on keeping it for a while

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

Mine came as a surprise from my distributor, I wasn't even aware they were making them. You might want to send an email and ask.

There is a fix? Do you have a pic of it? I ordered that bar from the pinball charity place but curious what AP changed from the factory

#2155 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I may have read and responded too quickly. I was part of the small group getting bounces out of the lane after exiting the red ramp (usually from spin from the VUK). The kit I got from the distributor fixed that perfectly. If that's what you want a picture of I can put one up.
The bar from the charity supposedly fixes the ball bouncing around the inner orbit as it reduces the flexure of the metal ball guides. I have one on order, I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

Ah, ok, i know what you mean now.

I also ordered that bar too. Hopefully I get it soon

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So pissed at myself...I gouged the side of my head decal rearranging pins. Looks like it should be easy to apply a new one. How do I order one?

Ordered my new cab decals. Thanks AP for putting them on the website! $100 is a decent price but just mad at myself for doing it in the first place

#2174 3 years ago

Redline multiball. I had one ball stuck and it didn’t do a ball search so it literally sat there until I could find the stuck ball and manual release it. Is it coded to do a ball search when redline multiball is finished?

#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes. I just tested this on the latest code by playing RLM and when it ended, I snagged one ball out of the game so it couldn't drain. The machine ball searched as expected until I dropped that ball into the drain. The only "loophole" I'm aware of is that the flippers are not included in the ball search, so if two balls are wedged against the flippers so neither can drain, that's a potential stuck situation... that's on my to-do list.
Where was the ball stuck in your situation?

It was stuck on the drop target by the mystery shot to the right. I thought the game froze at first but realized the last ball hadn’t drained.

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Loop’n & Crash’n.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea, when I was younger I had these crash hot wheels that flipped when you hit them. I know I still have them as my son plays with them. I might have to do something similar

C21170E9-C310-41A5-ADA3-6A52376D883F (resized).jpegC21170E9-C310-41A5-ADA3-6A52376D883F (resized).jpeg
#2191 3 years ago

I love the light show on this pin. It’s really impressive. I voted it for best light show but probably gnr will win it . I hope not

#2200 3 years ago

Are you guys planning to do something similar that stern has starting doing with allowing people to play the wizard mode or a challenge as a mode separate from the main game? The half shell challenge and final battle are a ton of fun on tmnt and avengers has the battle Royale mode where you look to defeat each villain. Its cool just to have the option to play them. Didn’t know if you had thoughts on letting us play the wizard mode or even adding something new like a hot wheels road tour challenge that can be played separate from the main game.

Just a thought as it really freshens things up

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ya good idea.
Its great to be able to be play one certain thing when you don't want to play a game.
Like on GB. Being able to play Are You a God. Its fun as hell.

yep, that one is fun

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Certainly something you might see down the road

Sweet!

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Also, Co-Op modes like on my ACNC.

Coop is fun. I had acnc and was very happy they did it on tmnt. Family loves it

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Who's playing some HW today? I'm working on adding some lighted flipper buttons and adding a couple cars.
[quoted image]

Just started to play it now!

#2258 3 years ago

Is there a setting that I can choose to auto launch the ball every time it goes into the shooter lane? Not obviously for the first kick out but just during game play. Sometimes it rolls there in the exit right lane. Other times it jumps in from a deflection and on the track multiball it just sits. I would like it to always auto plunge. It just makes it flow faster. I’ve had friends come and play and they think the same thing

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Josh would need to chime in if it’s possible.
However,
If you’re going for a fast race time, you do not want this. A short plunge gets the ball to the flipper faster so you can keep your time down.

So it doesn’t auto plunge just in case you started the race on the left loop/ramp shot?

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's a really odd choice to not have an accidental shooter lane ball auto launch. I think every modern machine since the auto plunger was invented does this. What happens if a ball lands in the shooter lane during multiball? Does it just sit there until the player notices? That is a big problem for tournament play. If the player truly doesn't notice it's an unfair advantage, if he notices and chooses to ignore it, that's illegal play, like a stuck ball. And how do you know the difference? That's honestly a problem if that behavior is accurate/intended and not just a switch issue.

It plunges during multiball. It doesn’t once you lock a ball to start multiball. The ball locks in the track and then another one kicks out to the plunger but it sits there. Usually it will auto plunge on most pins and the multiball starts right away.

During normal play if the ball goes in the lane it doesn’t auto plunge. Where it feels like it should auto plunge

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've been pretty tempted to pick one up, even without playing first. It definitely looks like my type of game.

That’s what I did. You can get them for 6300. It’s a low risk if you don’t like it because someone will buy it for 5800-6k. Odds are you will like it though

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The glass on my Hot Wheels rattles like crazy when I start the T-Rex "Battle". I hit both flipper buttons to stop it from rattling as soon as I can.
I may have to go into settings somewhere and turn the shaker down.
Robert

https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html

This is a better deal for the same stuff. I bought both now

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just do it. I did it. You know what I buy and what my collection is like. Hot Wheels is the best game I bought in 2020. And I really like the others I bought last year too. That says something.

Yep, I kept it over aiq le. It’s a fun one

#2291 3 years ago

You guys should look of won the light show at a minimum on hot wheels for the crystal awards.

A lot of people were rooting for you on multiple awards. It’s a great pin, you should be proud of this one!

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WOW, I'm loving this game!!! Now that I've got the rules understood decently, it's great!! Super fun game!! American nailed it!
I turned down both my left and right flipper power 3 notches and it seems to play fine. I was getting too many air balls on default setting and pitch is at 6.5. Also, I love how American makes the default settings colored green so you know what default was. That's how my Hobbit and ACNC are. This menu system is much nicer than the Stern Spike 2.

Yep, they did a great job! Once you get the rules down and know what to shoot it really becomes super fun

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Also hope the next game is in the pricing value or structure that Hot Wheels fell in.
Playability, reliability, fun factor and a good price - then count me in !
I was in early on Hot Wheels - I can be in early on game #4 too ... Make it happen AP. I'm ready when you are.

Yeah, 6300 is a great deal on this pin. Even with all the extras I don’t think it’s past 6700. I’d be in too at a similar range

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=Happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.