20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I think the timing wound up being perfect. This is the only new thing to gaze upon for months until there is a show. Who knew? Unfortunately I can't play it to decide for awhile.

Timing perfect?
The game is aimed at location. Locations are closing and dropping like flies, due to Corona.
Seems to me, the Timing Couldnt be worse, but maybe you can explain?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We are working on it, but will be at least another week before we can share something. We are still working on content that I'll have to submit for approval.

Some might say the monkey has now morphed into a very angry gorilla

The show the game was at, AEI, is not a car show, it is one of the two biggest coin op shows held in the USA (Stern, CGC were both there as well). While we would have liked to have held off showing Hot Wheels™ until TPF, missing that show would have been quite the mistake relative to marketing this game to customers outside the collector community.
Along those lines I'd like to clarify a few things. I've said we designed this game to be appealing to operators and location play. We have heard from many of you that our games are not at enough locations. We talked to operators, family entertainment centers, etc. to understand what we could do to make pinball appealing for them and we incorporated those things into this design and pricing. Having said that, we never said we did not design the game with collectors in mind as well. The design from the layout to the rules was done to create a game that can be a great experience for a novice on location, easy for an operator to maintain, but also be a great game for collectors and players. When you all finally get to play it, you will experience this for yourselves. The machine might have a little less bling, but it has it where it counts, a great shooter with a fun, entertaining and challenging rule set. Most people around here understand that judging a game by crappy cell phone footage is foolish at best, so I get the frustration of wanting high quality game play footage, especially since there is no way to touch the flipper buttons yet, which is obviously the best way to get to know a machine. As soon as we can post quality game play footage we will, and as soon as we can figure out how to get people to play it, we will.

I hope you succed. Good luck.

2 months later
#230 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

On the other hand pins with themes of
rock-'n'-roll bands that have not been relevant for 30-40yrs whose members sport hair-do's
that could scrape the ceiling or dust the floor make perfect sense.
It's all just nostalgia.

There's a big difference.
Me and my wife (which btw is 14y younger then me, and Def wasn't around for Beatles, nor gnr) we can both listen to and enjoy back in the ussr or you could be mine.
But, How many times a year, do you think we play with Hot Wheels or watches a cartoon about toys for five year olds?

This theme is possible the worst they Could come up with, and out of their three titles, houdini is by far their best theme, to bad the game is designed by a guy which best game to date is baywatch.
(you may argue simpson(code is what makes it stand out), woz, which is assets and mechs, hobbit, which is asset management)

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My brother in law and his wife (who is 20 years younger than me) still collect Hot Wheels. They travel around the country attending conventions and shows while spending at least a few grand on cars each year. And there are thousands of people like them.
It’s not a theme for me, but there are plenty of adults in the U.S. who will love it.

Great. Lets hope they Buy it, so AP can stay alive. Then they just need a Creative game designer and a knowledgeable go getter for better licenses, then their next game will be a smash, cause quality and as a company they seem great.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a lot of good games with bad themes. Dialed in is one for sure. WOZ another. Not knocking those 2 games as I love them both. I’m excited for hot wheels. Is there a stream tonight?

Why is woz a bad theme?

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

We need to 'pump the breaks' on the rumor of a Hot Wheels stream tonight. We are VERY excited to show you what I believe is our BEST game yet. The stream will be happening soon, but it is not tonight. Stay tuned!
-Michael

I hope you are right and The game turn out great.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Ok.
B) if hot wheels is a kid theme, can we all agree that so are tmnt, dead pool, spider man, jetsons, batman, wonka, and ghostbusters?

Agreed on jetson and tmnt, not on the rest.
I think family themes such as woz and wonka are great (Well not The creepy side of wonka in the novel).
As an adult i'd love a Coco pin for example. For me personally there is nothing in a hot wheels(to kiddie) or tmnt pin(was 18 or so when it was popular, but I can see some attraktion, for thoose half a gen younger)

Hot Wheels is like duplo lego.

That said. I hope it' s a hit. Feel like this company deserves it, but for me, it will certainly not be a hit because of theme.

#337 3 years ago

Just watched the sdtm initial review.
They really seem excited and giddy.
Congrats AP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.