20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrandonLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Obviously we try to find the right balance so there is not too much shaker where it loses its effectiveness. But we will look for places that would benefit. Suggestions always welcome. Set the shaker adjustment to 'heavy' to get more shaker action in game play. Can't recall what it adds on Hot Wheels, might just be pops.

Yep. Shaker could be used wayyyyy more! Only used on the Pops outside of starting a mode and no shaker on the Cobras? Dang! Need shakes on skillshots and jackpots....more shakes. All of the shakes.

MORE SHAKES.
MORE SHAKES.MORE SHAKES.

#3164 2 years ago

I'm late to the party, but what weatherstripping foam are we using to replace the factory backing? I should have seen this sooner with my Mod order from API and had them put it all in the same box. 2.65$ with 11$ S&H I'm going to see if I can just go the weatherstripping route. My model is from Aug 21' ...so reallllll new. Does this have different backing by chance already? I really haven't seen too many flying balls.

#3167 2 years ago

These are invaluable at <>15$.

Also, API...best I can do with my laziness kicking in.

IMG_4098 (resized).jpgIMG_4098 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Has anyone put Pin Stadiums in their machine? Would like to see some photos if you have them handy.

I did. HUGE difference. It was needed as the PF was very dark.

IMG_4579 (resized).JPGIMG_4579 (resized).JPG

IMG_4578 (resized).jpgIMG_4578 (resized).jpg

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, I solved that with a clamp lamp and 40 watt light bulb. $10.00.

Pic? I'm all about a 10$ fix.

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from geet84:

Hello fellow Hot Wheelers! Just picked up the Hot Wheels that was on location at Padavan's since 2020. Thanks again Brian. I'm in the process of setting up and tweaking the game in my basement. Wanted to ask other owners if their orbit magnet sticks up like mine. I have 2 pics showing it protruding and getting wear on the sides from the ball travel. Doesn't seem to hurt the game play at all but seems like something that can create premature wear on the pinballs and metal debris over the long term. I also included a picture of my first mod, which is replacing one of the stock Hot Wheels with an Obscure 1977 Oldsmobile. I can forsee a future where all the stock cars get replaced with random cars that catch my attention.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes. That looks like someone took a hammer to that thing which is odd as the lane looks good. I'd contact Dave Brennen at API and see if he can help you out. That magnet may be an early run and replaceable. Outside of that, I assume the part couldn't be too expensive.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

If you are experiencing a high speed fan like noise coming from your magnet when active, the coil will need packing between the playfield cutout for the coil and the coil itself. I used a cardboard gasket that I made from 2mm thick cardboard.

Talk to me more about this fan noise. I have quiet-fans on all my other Stern games and I'm glad you said something here as this game has 'some' fan that is exceptionally loud still. Only one in my gameroom that still sounds like a jet engine.

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

My magnet looks like this. Based on the post a few days ago wanted to make sure it looked all good. Are the grooves like this ok?
[quoted image]

I have about 1000 plays on mine and it's looking similar. Should we lower the magnet a hair or just let it ride?

#3577 2 years ago

Thinking about this...looks like we want to magnet to take the whack on the way in rather than the PF on the way out. Makes sense.

1 week later
#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This is the only American pinball I own, but the flippers just don't seem to have the 'snap' of the Stern, CGC, Gottlieb or Williams games I own. I saw a while back someone listed 'flipper upgrade' on their Hot Wheels when listing it for sale. I was just wondering what can be done to get the flippers where they don't seem to have give in them when making contact with the ball.

You are not wrong here. I catch my flippers being 'soft' every once in a while. It happens so quickly as on a live catch or a stop tap that I just deal with it and move on. Following to see what upgrade was spoken of. When it happens on Sterns I know the coil stops have shit the bed

2 weeks later
#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

We have added some Pin Stadium lighting to our machine, so that we can play it in the dark.
We opted for the basic kit as we couldn't really see the benefit of all the "bells and whistles", since the lighting of HW is excellent in the first place, and we didn't really want to detract from that.
Our setting is white on all the time for GI.
The UV leds connected to flashers are something else.
Especially when RedLineMania gets underway.
A deep red, bluish glow with plastic ramps glowing.
There was still a problem, of flipper illumination in the dark.
So I mounted a bank of 6 strip leds on a small angle bracket. (Needed 2 of them.)
These are stuck under the handhold area so they point up the drains and illuminate the flippers.
Power is supplied from 2 wires running from the 12V GI lighting in the head, to the flipper area.
This is just sufficient to illuminate the flipper area. Could be a bit brighter.
Now we can play it in the dark.

Worked with Dave on this with my PS and the directions for the install are not ideal. I can snap a photo of where Dave pointed the install and it's FAR better with full flasher interaction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrandonLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=BrandonLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.