Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#768 3 years ago

I got mine today as well...unboxing tonight. I've been away from Pinside since it just depresses me during quarantine...anything I should know before I set this one up? I will read through the forum, just looking for anything new or relevant to setting it up.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is this the pin that is getting raffled off? Thanks for posting!

Yeah, as soon as this Covid thing is cleared up.

#778 3 years ago

I got mine setup and put about 30 games on it with a few social distancing friends . Initial impressions are very positive, but I am having quite a few issues. I will post all of them tomorrow to get everyone’s take.

This game has a ton of potential and is very polished. I am excited to get it tuned up and ready to rock.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Might suggest just sending any issues to API for help. Just because they communicate on the forum I’m pretty sure this isn’t their help desk lol. Help them to help you.

Yes of course. To me, the value of the forum is to discuss things about the machine so that other owners can comment. That way I don't have to "bother" the vendor until I am confident that I am seeing something broken.

For example one of the things that I had on my list was simply around the ball's ability to get back into the shooter lane. When it happens in single ball play, there is no indication that it happened. You simply get to shoot it again. As I've learned from AP, that's not a bug or anything. That is simply by design. But had I have posted that here I never would have bothered to send that to AP.

That said, to keep everyone updated, AP contacted me on the side and as is their typical awesome service they are helping me with everything. I'll post back as soon as I have a list of things that are more like owner questions/comments.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

First, I am really enjoying this game, got to third gear and really started to rack up some points and finished a race in just over 3 minutes; yet there a couple of things that I think could be addressed to improve play field specific things.
We should compare notes just to see if we have the same concerns. My list only has like 4 things on it; the biggest one is reducing air balls. I’ve upped the angle from 6.0 degrees to 6.5 and that seemed to help, also reduced the flipper power by one notch (tried reducing it to 20 but there was not enough power to make a ramp). Both of these helped some. I checked the targets by eye and they look like they are angled slightly less than 90 degrees like they should be. Still, need to reduce the air balls. Thinking of trying near 7.0 degrees and see if that helps. Other than that I’m going to need some help on what else to try. The beautiful play field is really starting to get dimples.

Yeah, I'm up for it...give me just a little bit to work with AP and get it dialed in then I'll lay a lot out here. I'm in the same camp...the game is really good. Minor tweaks and it's going to be great. It is especially going to be great for tournaments. I can tell my players (if we ever have those again) are going to love this!

The air balls haven't been too bad on mine. That said, I had one shot that hit one of the car stand-up targets and rejected all the way back into the shooter lane! It didn't even touch the glass. It was amazing! I was like OMG the power!

1 week later
#1048 3 years ago

I have Hot Wheels and TMNT LE right next to each other...Hot Wheels has more satisfying shots and the play style is more immediately engaging to me. Obviously that is 100% opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

The only negative I've had so far is that my PSU wasn't working correctly. AP jumped right in to help and I'm back up and running. I have a few more minor issues I am working out with them then I can really get into the game.

Overall it is well built and very well designed.

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is this at the barcade?

They both will be as soon as it is allowed to open .

#1053 3 years ago

I just had the most “hot wheels“ thing happen that really helped me feel the theme. I hit one ball one direction on the inter orbit and another ball the other direction on the outer orbit while having a previous ball race down the ramp.

The layout on this game keeps impressing me with its simplicity and flow.

1 week later
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just polished and waxed the shooter rod...please take a moment to do this. Big difference in skill shot smoothness. My shooter rod was kind of nicked and unpolished from factory. Made the skill shot kind of grainy, if that makes sense. Buffed it out on the polishing wheel and wow, super smooth now. For a game that relies on precision plunging I highly recommend.

My shooter rod also feels pretty bad. I haven’t had a chance to take it apart and check the sleeve. It is weird that yours would be like this as well.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

According to the manual, and what ferret and brenna98 wrote. Yes. Both should be 6.3 amp slow blow.
LTG : )

brenna98 this is really interesting. I looked at the original driver board that I had issues with and that fuse was a 6.3amp 250v. The brand new board you guys sent me had a 4amp 250v which blew after 3 games. I wonder if that has been part of my problem as well. Maybe multimorphic is installing the wrong fuses?

2 months later
#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I just wanted to update here that I installed a new ground loop isolator, and there is no longer a hum/crackle from the speakers. So everything sounds as it should now!

I must have this same issue. I’ve tried to ignore it, but it just sounds bad . What isolator did you buy?

4 months later
#2649 3 years ago

This is the best support ever! All I did was inquire about buying the parts on my game which had broken. I did not expect to receive a hand written letter and a package including Zotts! I love Zotts!

1ACD4A3E-EDB9-46DE-8120-1E951C3B8431 (resized).jpeg1ACD4A3E-EDB9-46DE-8120-1E951C3B8431 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

If on route - I'd add screws to afix cars to the stands - otherwise leave on the cable ties holding the cars.

I used hot glue and it has worked perfectly. It is even removable if you wish.

1 year later
#3805 1 year ago

Has anyone seen this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Yep, happened to me.
***Caveat: Do these steps at your own peril - not responsible if anything goes wrong.***
It can be the battery inside the computer case may be loose and the computer isn't booting the correct drive. If you are comfortable replacing your own computer battery here is some information on how to get to the computer.
Video of how to take it out of the computer is here (Thanks to brenna98 for the videos and being an all around awesome human being).
Also - Open a support ticket with American Pinball as well.
Also you can try this:
Check Boot order in the BIOS
With a USB keyboard plugged into the computer (or usb extension inside the coin door), power on the game while you press and hold the ‘delete key'. This should take you to the BIOS screen, if it doesn’t, try again.
At this point, arrow key over to the “Boot” tab screen. See which order of boot 1,2,3 is listed. “Boot Manager” should be boot 1. If not, arrow down to the boot 1 spot, push enter, then arrow down to Boot Manager and push enter to select. Now arrow right to the save/exit tab screen; push enter to save/exit to make the computer reboot.
If you did not see “Boot Manager” in the boot tab screen, there is an operating install process but I am not going to post that here and best to check with American Pinball for the latest and greatest (unless Dave says it is okay for me to post it with the American Pinball links here).
Good luck, it is annoying and scary but it can be corrected

Cool. I didn’t have my tools with me, but I took a quick look to see if the SATA cable was connected. I’m comfortable doing all of those steps so I’ll dive in. Ty so much!

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Cool. I didn’t have my tools with me, but I took a quick look to see if the SATA cable was connected. I’m comfortable doing all of those steps so I’ll dive in. Ty so much!

Really weird, all that was wrong was that the boot device wasn’t selected. I don’t know how that could have changed. Battery is solid.

8 months later
#4029 9 months ago

My HotWheels won’t remember the boot device anymore. I’m pretty confident the battery on the motherboard is dead. Does anyone know what battery that is so that i don’t have to make two trips to the bar for support?

#4034 9 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So should I be looking to change my battery before it craps out like spookys acnc and r&m.can I leave it off when I do it?
I did for those both.

My game simply was not remembering the boot drive. Unfortunately it was a soldered battery . In order to complete the field repair, I had to pull the tabs off the battery and then use electrical tape to put them onto a new one. I couldn’t get solder to stick to the new battery so I just gave up and used the tape.

If anyone knows the part number of the battery I would love to order a couple of correct ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.