20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 86.
#401 3 years ago

If I saw correctly, at the beginning of red line multiball the screen went entirely red - I thought this was a very simple, yet very clever effect. The car on the stick going in a circle sometimes gives the impression that the ball is causing it to spin - I think when hitting the rpm targets for instance - I really like these kind of toys because they increase that visceral feeling of pinball - way more effective than anything on the screen.

#402 3 years ago

To be honest, the game was better than I thought, specifically the animations and theme integration. Although I thought there was way too much stop action. That being said, it’s still not a game I would buy. The big miss on this game was the lack of ramps and a third flipper shot. Come on Guys! This is Hot Wheels? This should have been the easiest theme to design! Flow, flow, flow! You got everything right, except the most important thing, the ramps! Ditch the spinning car and that stupid wanna-be loop VUK the use the money to put in another ramp!

Light Show: A-
Artwork: B/B+
Rules: B/B+
Layout: B-
Toys & special features: C

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Then they showed the animation's, they look like they were made for a 6 year old. I'm out! I'll wait for JAW'S!!!

Jaw's what?

#404 3 years ago

i watched the stream a little while ago and was pretty impressed with the game. Good light show, great sounds and artwork, and I even liked the animations. The rule set seems nice and deep and it looked like it shot well. Price point is reasonable I think and it looks like it has more to offer than a stern pro.

#405 3 years ago

The new pin that will be out according to Kman.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Contact your distributor to discuss the details with them.
To find your local distributor:
https://www.american-pinball.com/distributors/

Challenge accepted (although you didn’t actually challenge me) and game ordered.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

To be honest, the game was better than I thought, specifically the animations and theme integration. Although I thought there was way too much stop action. That being said, it’s still not a game I would buy. The big miss on this game was the lack of ramps and a third flipper shot. Come on Guys! This is Hot Wheels? This should have been the easiest theme to design! Flow, flow, flow! You got everything right, except the most important thing, the ramps! Ditch the spinning car and that stupid wanna-be loop VUK the use the money to put in another ramp!
Light Show: A-
Artwork: B/B+
Rules: B/B+
Layout: B-
Toys & special features: C

Add in a few more categories and I’d rate it a solid B. Worthy of giving it a try and seeing how it polishes up. Plus it supports AP.

Display/LCD: B-/B
Fun: B
Theme: B-
Lastability: B-
Cumulative: B

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Add in a few more categories and I’d rate it a solid B. Worthy of giving it a try and seeing how it polishes up. Plus it supports AP.
Display/LCD: B-/B
Fun: B
Theme: B-
Lastability: B-
Cumulative: B

8 year old fun factor: A
40 year old fun factor: C -

J/k. Sounds like there’s a lot of excitement for this pin, always good to see new choices to play..

#409 3 years ago

My head is spinning from the 2 minute ad that appeared yesterday for Hot Wheels.

Hot Wheels, wait, no, TMNT. Hot Wheels, no, TMNT. Ughhh, buy both.

#410 3 years ago

This is always the right answer. Haha

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

My head is spinning from the 2 minute ad that appeared yesterday for Hot Wheels.
Hot Wheels, wait, no, TMNT. Hot Wheels, no, TMNT. Ughhh, buy both.

Now there is an idea for another pin from AP. Do a TMNT Hot Wherls pin!

By the time it is out. The Stern TMNT buyer will buy it for their TMNT collection.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Right now we don't show the entire car collection, but that is absolutely something we're talking about adding in, during end-of-ball bonus and/or in attract mode at the end of game. Definitely have some ideas on really showing off all those great cars that Mattel shared with us.

3E875CFC-8FA8-4432-9D9A-61A94E60398A (resized).jpeg3E875CFC-8FA8-4432-9D9A-61A94E60398A (resized).jpeg
#413 3 years ago

Looking forward to playing this game

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Looking forward to playing this game

In public?

#415 3 years ago

I'm really impressed. Great job! Thank god someone is reviving skill shots again from the classic Williams era!
A close up video of the Vux in action would be nice.

#416 3 years ago

Thought the game looked great, love the animations, I feel they nailed those.
I really want one, as I’ve been enjoying the hell out of Houdini...

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

8 year old fun factor: A
40 year old fun factor: C -
J/k. Sounds like there’s a lot of excitement for this pin, always good to see new choices to play..

I know you're just kidding, but alot of people talk about the theme being a little too juvenile. Personally, I had just as much fun and enjoyment playing with Hot Wheels at 8 years old as I did watching Star Wars at 10 years old. Both themes I can relate to and scratch that nostalgia itch.

I would have thought it would have much broader appeal than TMNT since that would likely only appeal to younger buyers.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

I know you're just kidding, but alot of people talk about the theme being a little too juvenile. Personally, I had just as much fun and enjoyment playing with Hot Wheels at 8 years old as I did watching Star Wars at 10 years old. Both themes I can relate to and scratch that nostalgia itch.
I would have thought it would have much broader appeal than TMNT since that would likely only appeal to younger buyers.

I agree. And, I think TMNT looks more corny than Hot Wheels. I watched more of the stream finally and the game looks really impressive. I’m a little concerned on the scoring imbalances, and some of the mode starts seem extremely long - that is what turned me off to Houdini. But, other than that - this one is on my radar. I like it!

#419 3 years ago

I know we will be able to skip stuff, but whoa baby those intros are long.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m a little concerned on the scoring imbalances

I’ve been pretty happy with the score balance so far. Yes, you can earn a very brief period of 10X Tach (not quite the same as Playfield X), which has the potential to blow up your score, but it’s not easy to set up and use well... and it feels great when you do.

And things seem pretty well balanced across game features. You CAN blow up any of the multiballs, or any of the Battles, or Epic, or Redline... but there’s no guarantee of doing so, you can easily fall flat on any of those.

Now, I’m only a PAPA/Pinburgh B+ caliber player, so I will be looking with great interest to any players proving me wrong with exploits. And if they do, I’ll fix it. Scoring balance is very important to me. I’m a 25 year competitive player, and I generally don’t like games where there’s only a single path to big scores.

Thanks for reading!

#421 3 years ago

Oh, about the Battle intros... yes, they’re long. They tell a pretty fun story, which we hope is appealing to... everyone, but especially casual players. We know that many/most experienced pinball folks will watch those sorts of scenes a couple times (on any pin) and then double-flip to fast forward thereafter, so might as well have the entertainment of the story for those who want it.

#422 3 years ago

Looks good. Definitely has my interest.

#424 3 years ago

Looks to be a Winning circle game from AP. Not sure if this game is made out of steel but it surely is built like a tank. #17 is in the house and excited to share some pictures soon after mama and I gather the strength to uplift this beast. Thanks again AP, job well done! (and also Mr Awesome Christopher at KingPinGames!!!)

IMG_5284 (resized).jpegIMG_5284 (resized).jpeg

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks to be a Winning circle game from AP. Not sure if this game is made out of steel but it surely is built like a tank. #17 is in the house and excited to share some pictures soon after mama and I gather the strength to uplift this beast. Thanks again AP, job well done! (and also Mr Awesome Christopher at KingPinGames!!!)
[quoted image]

Number 17, that qualifies as "early production"! Congratulations.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Now, I’m only a PAPA/Pinburgh B+ caliber player, so I will be looking with great interest to any players proving me wrong with exploits. And if they do, I’ll fix it. Scoring balance is very important to me. I’m a 25 year competitive player, and I generally don’t like games where there’s only a single path to big scores.

I've played with Joe, he's an excellent player, don't let him downplay his skills too much here.

#427 3 years ago

Thanks, Aurich. I'm solid, but my description is truthful: I can't consistently keep up with the A/A+ players. Beat 'em if I'm having a good day and they're not? Sure.

I also don't have the super killer instinct to sniff out rules exploits... there are a few folks who really excel at that. But exploits (or even just "boring but safe winning strategies") have been discovered in the vast majority of games, so I won't feel too bad if someone finds something like that, we'll just improve 'em if/when found.

#428 3 years ago

First impressions not much to complain about! I say Laughingly, the Only thing out of the box that did not work is the link to registering the game. Input info and it seems like that system is not up and running yet or I can't figure out a simple serial number. So not a big deal! With the big hitters doing great gameplay reviews my input will be of minimal value. Will only say as a buyer this game exceeds its price point in my opinion. From packaging to build quality there is hardly a thing they could improve. Simple setup, very nice software setup interface, and not a single adjustment out of the box so far. Sound seems a bit low compared to Houdini but I have Not messed with it so Not judging that now just an observation. Playfield is perfect as have been most every game AP puts out. Shoots fast with a fairly straight forward ruleset. Have to be honest...... of all of the AP titles the animation and art on this game is spot On. They Clearly put in some serious Covid code time and it shows. As mentioned, I enjoy games that make my family or I smile. This game is great and exceeds our expectation. If I had a route, this would No Question be my first purchase. Not intimidating, candy art that draws you in, and a theme that most anyone of any age group would enjoy. If you want a Hobbit type month long code adventure this May not last long in your collection. You will have fun just not that type of game. Rev your engines, have some fun, its Hot Wheels. Thanks AP.

IMG_5285 (resized).jpgIMG_5285 (resized).jpgIMG_5286 (resized).jpgIMG_5286 (resized).jpgIMG_5287 (resized).jpgIMG_5287 (resized).jpgIMG_5288 (resized).jpgIMG_5288 (resized).jpg
#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Awesome, yelobird ... enjoy the game!!

And thank You and the entire AP team! This game will sell well and for certain be enjoyed by all that give it a play. You guys Clearly used your lock down time to deliver a complete and fun product. Thanks!

#431 3 years ago

Great review Yelobird ! Thank you for taking the time away from enjoying it.

Looks to be a great game.

LTG : )

#432 3 years ago

Code Idea ——-

Ok I was thinking ... when you start a game, one of four stock cars is assigned to the player. Throughout game, the person’s car appears in a standard template, as I understand. Also, game play showcases hundreds of Hot Wheels too, right?

Now to tie things together -> How about randomly assigning one of the 400 cars as the player’s car? So each time the template comes up for player 1, that car is there in full color and with a car name displayed. I don’t know if I can tolerate sodtware where the same player car (1 of 4) is used each game. With a different car assigned each time, one may never be the same car twice.

0355C0C9-0177-471D-BF7B-C6003B570517.png0355C0C9-0177-471D-BF7B-C6003B570517.png
#433 3 years ago

It appears the center spot targets work a lot like SW tie fighters in increasing the multipliers. What I like about them is that they are staggered so it appears pretty impossible to hit two at once.

I assume you have to hit all three to advance to the next PF X?

#434 3 years ago

I went from not looking at or paying attention to this game. Now I'm think it's on my radar. I just need to make room. I'll be posting something for sale soon. Looks good, everyone involved at AP.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assume you have to hit all three to advance to the next PF X?

Hitting a flashing letter with give a small increase to RPM and a brief hold before the tach starts to fall, completing the bank that gives a bigger increase and a sight longer hold, before it starts to fall. So, remember it is increasing the value of the tach, which is the value of the shots, but when it is not moving up in value, it is slowly moving back down.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hitting a flashing letter with give a small increase to RPM and a brief hold before the tach starts to fall, completing the bank that gives a bigger increase and a sight longer hold, before it starts to fall. So, remember it is increasing the value of the tach, which is the value of the shots, but when it is not moving up in value, it is slowly moving back down.

Sweet. I like the slow decrease not a start over timer.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. I like the slow decrease not a start over timer.

Ferret likes to say it is a never ending hurry up. You are hitting RPM targets to build up the shot value, and then you hurry up and make shots, and then before the value falls too far, go back to RPM targets to build it back up.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don’t know if I can tolerate sodtware where the same player car (1 of 4) is used each game.

Jesus.

#439 3 years ago

Lol I kind of had the same huh moment. That screen pops up for a second till you plunge the ball. It could be a naked monkey and I wouldn’t notice it. Ok, maybe not a monkey...

#440 3 years ago

Odd meaningless question for AP on the game. As I was never a Hot Wheels collector (more of a blow them up with fire crackers kid.) is there any significance to the cars that were used on the playfields? One observation is they seem to not be Brand specific (Ford, Chevy etc). Was this a license direction they wanted or are these cars somehow special? Thinking of adding an AMC Gremlin for nostalgia lol.

#441 3 years ago

Game looks great. Got a shot that shows the topper more clearly, Yelobird ?

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Odd meaningless question for AP on the game. As I was never a Hot Wheels collector (more of a blow them up with fire crackers kid.) is there any significance to the cars that were used on the playfields? One observation is they seem to not be Brand specific (Ford, Chevy etc). Was this a license direction they wanted or are these cars somehow special? Thinking of adding an AMC Gremlin for nostalgia lol.

Josh talked about avoiding brands on the stream; like Ford, Chevy, etc when choosing vehicles for the game.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Game looks great. Got a shot that shows the topper more clearly, yelobird ?

Sure! Would more call it “signage” then a topper but hey, it looks nice and was free. Always a good thing.

7EB50EFB-7C3E-4AD3-A305-CB0523A9C07B (resized).jpeg7EB50EFB-7C3E-4AD3-A305-CB0523A9C07B (resized).jpeg
#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sure! Would more call it “signage” then a topper but hey, it looks nice and was free. Always a good thing.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Maybe a fire led strip (does Comet do those?) would spice it up.

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Thanks. Maybe a fire led strip (does Comet do those?) would spice it up.

You read my mind. Was thinking a red/blue LED strip and a pair of model scale cars on both sides to complete the look. On another note, AP Really stepped up their lighting game and light effects on this one. Very impressive.

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You read my mind. Was thinking a red/blue LED strip and a pair of model scale cars on both sides to complete the look. On another note, AP Really stepped up their lighting game and light effects on this one. Very impressive.

I'm seriously considering this one. Looks fun, colorful, and not clunky like Houdini (sorry guys, I really wanted to love that game). Once Batman sells, I may grab this one. I've wanted to support AP since I saw the Houdini proto at the SFGE a few years back.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It could be a naked monkey

Speaking of monkeys.

Did you find the monkey on your game yet ?

Been in every American Pinball machine so far.

I hope they didn't forget. When Williams left the cow out of SW!, that was their last pinball machine.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Speaking of monkeys.
Did you find the monkey on your game yet ?
Been in every American Pinball machine so far.
I hope they didn't forget. When Williams left the cow out of SW!, that was their last pinball machine.

You know I have OCD! Had to get up and search every inch of that game to clear that curiosity. Nothing unless you count a gorilla. Close enough lol.

#450 3 years ago

Just watched some of the JD stream. Really liked the look of this game. Stop Animations are fantastic. In fact screen use in general is fantastic - very very slick. Sounds are really really good. Layout looks good.

Interested- never thought I would be- but it’s like a new version of Indy500, which I love. And there’s even a small amount of nostalgia in there, which I also thought I didn’t have.

Enough depth for a home game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.