975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 85.
#351 3 years ago

Really excited to watch this after work tonight!!!

#352 3 years ago

Great stream tonight. Absolutely loved the impact wrench sounds. I love that we build the tracks, cool. Beautiful pin. Wasn't sure what to expect, but pleasantly surprised. Looking at my distributor to see when they'll have one. I'd like to see more and play a few rounds.

Perhaps I missed it; how do we look at our car collection? There are 400 cars to collect, Yes?

#353 3 years ago

Right now we don't show the entire car collection, but that is absolutely something we're talking about adding in, during end-of-ball bonus and/or in attract mode at the end of game. Definitely have some ideas on really showing off all those great cars that Mattel shared with us.

#354 3 years ago

Really liked the stream, wouldn't mind owning one, but JP and TMNT come first

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Right now we don't show the entire car collection, but that is absolutely something we're talking about adding in, during end-of-ball bonus and/or in attract mode at the end of game. Definitely have some ideas on really showing off all those great cars that Mattel shared with us.

Can you rotate them through attract mode, end of ball, end of game so it does not show the same car each time?

#356 3 years ago

And just checked... during the stream, I said 500 cars, Josh said 400... split the difference, looks like there are 453 different cars that can be collected.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you rotate them through attract mode, end of ball, end of game so it does not show the same car each time?

We will definitely have fun ways to show off the collection. As you saw in the stream, we show the different cars now when you collect them, but we'll do more with presenting the full collection.

#358 3 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun. I hope I get to play one.

LTG : )

#359 3 years ago

Is there a way to watch the stream now?

#360 3 years ago

I agree with LTG-- can't wait to play. The highlight for me was the Loop Crash Multiball. Reminded me of Spiderman's Doc Ock multiballs, but with more clever thematic integration of the magnet.

Gonna watch the stream archive and read up on TWIP's write-up to get better acquainted with the rules!

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

LTG : )

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And here's the YouTube VOD link:

#363 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone who tuned in tonight.
American made a very fun and fast game here.

The rules, lightshow, etc... it’s one of their best packages yet.

We’ll hopefully have it in studio to dissect it even more!

The internet snafu at the beginning was a bummer, but they are in a new building with new service. Our hotspot worked great in a pinch!

I will say, tequila is now a must for future reveals. Thanks Josh. Haha

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who tuned in tonight.
American made a very fun and fast game here.
The rules, lightshow, etc... it’s one of their best packages yet.
We’ll hopefully have it in studio to dissect it even more!
The internet snafu at the beginning was a bummer, but they are in a new building with new service. Our hotspot worked great in a pinch!
I will say, tequila is now a must for future reveals. Thanks Josh. Haha

You came through in the clutch with your hotspot and it turned out great!

#365 3 years ago

Great stream and Josh was enjoyable to watch as guest/coder. Artwork and lighting are crazy good. I really want to play this game, as it appears to be fantastic.

#366 3 years ago

Really tough time to launch a game, wishing everyone at American Pinball the best of luck, especially Joe and Josh, I know the code in this game is going to be great. Two really smart guys who know how to put a game together.

I didn't catch the stream live, but I just watched a bunch of the VOD. Great job Jack.

My favorite feature is the way the arrow inserts have multiple LEDs. Joe tells me it's 3 LEDs per big arrow, 2 per small. Just super smart. It looks slick, but it also really helps with the "shoot here" idea, the way the LEDs chase makes your eye follow into the shot. Has that been done before? I can't think of it. People are gonna steal that idea, unless they're too cheap to pay for the extra LEDs.

Can't remember the last game with colored ramps either. Clearly a lot of love put into the package. I'm not really big into Hot Wheels myself, not my kind of theme, but looks like a fun game. Between this and TMNT it's a good time for pinball if you're looking to capture the feel of being a kid again.

#367 3 years ago

Great stream @deadflip. Game looks really fun, lightshow looks amazing. Looking forward to playing this game and learning the rules! Nice job American Pinball.

#368 3 years ago

If I had one criticism, it would be that spinner sound effect. Sounds like a wheel of fortune pin wheel sound or something. Other than that, game looks awesome! Dev team should be proud of this one.

#369 3 years ago

Only caught a tiny bit of the stream as it was late here when it aired. LOVED what I saw. Just sitting down now to watch the rest on YouTube. I'm in for a NIB soon and this definitely has my attention!

#370 3 years ago

Wow. The game looks great. Looking forward to playing this one. I never thought that this theme would appeal to me but it does. Nicely done. Awesome light show. Great job AP.

#371 3 years ago

Watching a replay of the stream. I'm about half way through it and paused to comment... Game and play looks really nice.
Like what I see !

Thumbs up.

#372 3 years ago

small feedback :

i like what i see, theme is matched by colors, lightning, screen animations, sounds...
as AP says already, the layout is more "simple" than Houdini & Oktoberfest, than surelly easier to shoot for lambda players
for sure a positive feeling after this first encounter

#373 3 years ago

Diggin what I see here on a theme that initially didn’t grab me. The latest reveals and videos have sold me on what appears to be a great game! Couple that with the price and the fact it may get my young sons into playing and it is now a no brained purchase for me. Wasn’t expecting that out of the gate! Order placed!

#374 3 years ago

Excellent stream last night! This is the direction AP needs: a licensed themed pin that is fun to shoot.

#375 3 years ago

Awesome looking game and great stream last night. I was excited for this game before and now I really can't wait for it.

#376 3 years ago

Maybe someone asked this already but is the code on this game pretty mature already?

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe someone asked this already but is the code on this game pretty mature already?

Watch the stream - that question was asked and answered. I believe the answer was some where around 95% give or take. They will polish it up too.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah Josh mentions how far along they are. 95%+

#379 3 years ago

94.63%

#380 3 years ago

Really does look like a lot of fun. Hope to be playing this on location sometime soon.

#381 3 years ago

Considering what've you done on Houdini...
Rosh is a code master!
Game just looks Fantastic!!!
Way to go AP.

#382 3 years ago

Was hoping for more ... it was that far along on Friday.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Watch the stream - that question was asked and answered. I believe the answer was some where around 95% give or take. They will polish it up too.

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yeah Josh mentions how far along they are. 95%+

Thanks and good to know!!! This game is definitely pulling on my childhood nostalgia. I'm usually a second hand market buyer but this may have to be a NIB purchase.

#384 3 years ago

Ahhhh, yeah....If we could get code change updates in .01 increments, that’d be great.

073FD33D-1B8A-44C3-B703-4408372D1323 (resized).jpeg073FD33D-1B8A-44C3-B703-4408372D1323 (resized).jpeg
#385 3 years ago

The game looks super fun to play. Then they showed the animation's, they look like they were made for a 6 year old. I'm out! I'll wait for JAW'S!!!

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

The game looks super fun to play. Then they showed the animation's, they look like they were made for a 6 year old. I'm out! I'll wait for JAW'S!!!

My 5 yr old saw the animations and laughed and laughed and laughed, so I tend to agree with you about target audience.

They then said “can I get that for my birthday since the party was cancelled?”

Loving the looks of the game. I was skeptical when it was first announced but it is now near the top of my wishlist.

#387 3 years ago

The game looks great! The 3 primary concerns I had with the first two AP games were finally addressed (theme, display, and sound). It looks like the total package and the price point seems like a good value in the current market. The rules seem really good as well and that light show is simply phenomenal! Nice job AP!

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Then they showed the animation's, they look like they were made for a 6 year old. I'm out!

The Stop Motion Animation is great looking. Also, well integrated and a leap forward for AP.

...and it beats the snot out of what Stern brought to the reveal of TMNT. You want bad animation, look to the turtles.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The Stop Motion Animatin is great looking. Also, well integrated and a leap forward for AP.
...and it beats the snot out of what Stern brought to the reveal of TMNT. You want bad animation, look to the turtles.

I'll start by saying I agree that TMNT looks worse than Hot Wheels, but AFAIK AP used existing footage from a YouTube series so not that much work from AP (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Now why Stern went the route of using only their own animations and not using existing footage is something I can't answer (perhaps resolution wasn't good enough).

#390 3 years ago

Really impressed with the entire package, as said before, that simple lighting "trick" with multiple leds on the arrows can't cost more than a few cents but really will no doubt be emulated by others. About the only thing that was missed (and only because I was an anal HW collector at one time) is that there isn't much reference to some of the stuff the collectors would understand. IE, the treasure hunt cars or some of the promotions of the past. I can understand the reason why they didn't pursue using some stuff because of licenses and the like and maybe that's why those references were avoided. But as long as the build quality and components are strong, AP has a bright future IMO.

#391 3 years ago

not sure if this has been said already (?), but when a new pinball is out, we often "feel" another old one in it, and here i'm thinking about Godzilla for various details...

i'm the only one ?

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

I'll start by saying I agree that TMNT looks worse than Hot Wheels, but AFAIK AP used existing footage from a YouTube series so not that much work from AP (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Now why Stern went the route of using only their own animations and not using existing footage is something I can't answer (perhaps resolution wasn't good enough).

The AP team has said it's about a 50/50 split between assets they were supplied and ones they created.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Was hoping for more ... it was that far along on Friday.

Well, the code in on that machine was 94.63, dev code is much further along, 95.17.

#394 3 years ago

My kids are young and aren't hot wheels fans per se, but they are really digging the video assets from hot wheels city and the way it plays. I think it looks like a really fun shooter, and it's the first AP game where the display and audio weren't turn offs for me--really well done this time, actually. Looks like a really great overall package.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a game I'll buy new or not as it's not a theme I'm into, but I could definitely see picking one up at some point once I've had a chance to play it. And my kids are already suggesting games I could sell so we can get a hot wheels

Nice job AP!

#395 3 years ago

This game looks dope; fast and fun...My type of pin

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

that simple lighting "trick" with multiple leds on the arrows can't cost more than a few cents

A LOT more than a few cents, a LOT more. Between the cost for the bright RGB LEDs and the electronics to drive them. Which is why 100% RGB for inserts, GI, back panel is typically a premium thing.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The AP team has said it's about a 50/50 split between assets they were supplied and ones they created.

All the Track building, car collecting, skill shot, match, jackpots, extra ball, hero car awards, redline mania, shoot again, and more were all created by AP.

#398 3 years ago

So with a list price of $6.3k, and if you wanted to pick Hot Wheels up from a distributor, is that the price charged? How does shipping work, is it free at distributor warehouse?

#399 3 years ago

Contact your distributor to discuss the details with them.

To find your local distributor:
https://www.american-pinball.com/distributors/

#400 3 years ago

i've just watched the end of the show, and must admit i love this pin

i feel (because to really know i have to put my hands on it of course) this game is way easy to master than Houdini & Oktoberfest, as when JD was simply keeping the ball in play, you have various multiballs quickly following in the game
this is NOT a critic of course (in fact a good news for casuals players), even more while needing to discover the full game/code, i just simply think that good players will have long ball time on this one

well than, good job AP ! this HW will surelly be home one day or another

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/8?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.