0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.
#4151 4 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

It’ll work. I’ve bypassed my fuse (I’ve got the new one just haven’t fixed it yet) and the magnet works so it’s 100% a thermal fuse problem if everything else in your game is working

Thanks for the information. I ordered a new thermal fuse and installed it. What do you know….. The magnet actually works. Those must be some defective thermal fuses or something is causing them to blow. It adds a new demension to the game.

#4152 4 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Thanks for the information. I ordered a new thermal fuse and installed it. What do you know….. The magnet actually works. Those must be some defective thermal fuses or something is causing them to blow. It adds a new demension to the game.

The fuse isn’t “defective” AP just used the wrong fuse in the magnet. AP should’ve used a resettable fuse rather than one that blows on over use. Glad your magnet is back up and running 100%

#4153 4 months ago

One question if you wouldn't mind Audioenslaved? I couldn't find the fuse that was 2.5 A. The only one I could find that wasn't in Australia was a Uxcell KSD 5A 250v 90 Celsius Thermal Protector Fuse on Amazon. I figured the important number was the 90c. Do you think it is OK to put the 5A IN? I mean its in already, but do you think it will hurt anything?

Thanks

#4154 4 months ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

One question if you wouldn't mind Audioenslaved? I couldn't find the fuse that was 2.5 A. The only one I could find that wasn't in Australia was a Uxcell KSD 5A 250v 90 Celsius Thermal Protector Fuse on Amazon. I figured the important number was the 90c. Do you think it is OK to put the 5A IN? I mean its in already, but do you think it will hurt anything?
Thanks

All depends if they designed the fuse to be thermal and current protective. Just check the line to see if there’s a fuse on it

1 week later
#4155 4 months ago

Hi,
I see Hot wheels is still available new. What's the best price from a distributor for a deluxe version that you seen lately? I've played it a lot at the last two pinball shows and thought it was a blast.

Thanks Martin

#4156 4 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Hi,
I see Hot wheels is still available new. What's the best price from a distributor for a deluxe version that you seen lately? I've played it a lot at the last two pinball shows and thought it was a blast.
Thanks Martin

Pricing at most places is pretty similar. I find this is a great page to look at for a quick (but incomplete) rundown on options:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games#hot-wheels

#4157 4 months ago

In the club! no key posts in this thread? any hot tips for setup?

#4158 4 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Two tips:
-The game is designed to run at 6 degrees of pitch. This is not Jurassic Park.
-Several have reported the magnet at the top of the playfield being non-functional. Make sure it's functional. It's an easy swap if it's bad.

#4159 4 months ago

Last tip: get some Hot Wheels to put in the pin! And Dual lock aka heavy duty Velcro to attach them. My friend custom made a General Lee for me. He is a good man.

Also, isn't this a kick in the pants? Some day I hope to achieve more than I lose...

PXL_20231031_000750619.MP.jpgPXL_20231031_000750619.MP.jpg
#4160 4 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Congrats on a great pin pickup!

1 week later
#4161 3 months ago

Alright, rules/scoring question. I took the glass off the game tonight to experiment and confirm what I thought I knew. Tell me if this is right or wrong, because it sure seems correct:
All playfield scoring is multiplied by the RPMs. If the indicator is lit through 8, for example, the playfield has 8x scoring. If you had played Redline Mania and shifted into 2nd, it's now 2x AND 8x. This seems insane. OH, and I didn't even try the 10x Turbo on top of that. Please tell me...does that really make the scenario 2x8x10 scoring? I'm realizing now I didn't even try this.

I rarely play for points, but it's fun to toy around and try to maximize things. Having said that, this seems like a recipe for some unintentionally huge scoring. Can someone share some insight?

#4162 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, rules/scoring question. I took the glass off the game tonight to experiment and confirm what I thought I knew. Tell me if this is right or wrong, because it sure seems correct:
All playfield scoring is multiplied by the RPMs. If the indicator is lit through 8, for example, the playfield has 8x scoring. If you had played Redline Mania and shifted into 2nd, it's now 2x AND 8x. This seems insane. OH, and I didn't even try the 10x Turbo on top of that. Please tell me...does that really make the scenario 2x8x10 scoring? I'm realizing now I didn't even try this.
I rarely play for points, but it's fun to toy around and try to maximize things. Having said that, this seems like a recipe for some unintentionally huge scoring. Can someone share some insight?

that's correct & how it is suppose to work (lol)
than yes hard to verify while you are playing or to you to than just try without the glass+hands...

indeed, this is 101% risk/reward, and more when playing the pin in competition, else no real need to go for that, as only playing 1 up-shift will be enough to reach the wizard mode

#4163 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Having said that, this seems like a recipe for some unintentionally huge scoring. Can someone share some insight?

It's pretty close, shot values are based on the number in the tach on the display labeled with thousands, not the 1-10 scale number on the playfield. The general formula to determine a shot's point value is:

<Shot multiplier, usually 1> * <RPM point value> * <current gear>

Hitting turbo locks the RPM value with a 10x multiplier to the current RPM value while it lasts. That's why it is important to try to reserve starting turbo until you have a higher tach.

Increasing gear is big, not only because it works as a playfield multiplier, but it ALSO raises the minimum point value when the tach is bottomed out. I believe first gear is 400k and second is 500k, as an example. So getting to a higher gear means you also don't have to play as "rushed" to keep the tach value up and still score points.

Genius mechanic, IMO!

#4164 3 months ago

Of course to have that 8X part (although we talk about it as the current 'shot value' vs a multiplier), you need to keep your RPM up, which gets harder to do in higher gears, so you need to find that sweet spot of the gear and RPM.

#4165 3 months ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

It's pretty close, shot values are based on the number in the tach on the display labeled with thousands, not the 1-10 scale number on the playfield.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tach on the backglass display and the 1-10 tach on the playfield are synced and displaying (roughly) the same information - right?

#4166 3 months ago

Yes, that's all correct, and it's somewhat insane, but it works!

As rosh points out, the higher your gear, the faster the Tach down-revs. Also, during multiballs, the Tach down-revs faster than usual.

We wanted to encourage shooting the whole playfield and keeping the balls moving. Trapping up is bad for your point potential. Shooting the R-P-M targets is not necessarily safe. But yes, if you're able to rev up the Tach, then quickly make lit shots while the Tach is high, we'll pay you for it.

1 week later
#4167 3 months ago

If anyone is interested I'm selling a rare Hot Wheels factory autographed banner.

PM me if interested. Asking $200 + cost to mail it.

20230111_225639 (resized).jpg20230111_225639 (resized).jpg20230111_225657 (resized).jpg20230111_225657 (resized).jpg
#4168 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If anyone is interested I'm selling a rare Hot Wheels factory autographed banner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It is a nice banner, but worth mentioning it has zero signatures of those who actually worked on the game.

#4169 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Quoted from rosh:

It is a nice banner, but worth mentioning it has zero signatures of those who actually worked on the game.

Yikes! I have to ask: Who's signatures ARE those?

#4170 3 months ago

Oh, they're employees at American Pinball, but none of the design team of Hot Wheels. Some of the signatures are production line folks who currently build games, though.

#4171 3 months ago

So while adjusting the flippers on my Hot Wheels, I noticed the installed return springs are larger and stiffer than the replacements that come with the flipper kit pictured. This is the recommended flipper kit so I’m curious about the difference and will try the smaller one to see how it affects flipper play.

IMG_6146 (resized).jpegIMG_6146 (resized).jpegIMG_6147 (resized).jpegIMG_6147 (resized).jpeg
#4172 3 months ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

So while adjusting the flippers on my Hot Wheels, I noticed the installed return springs are larger and stiffer than the replacements that come with the flipper kit pictured. This is the recommended flipper kit so I’m curious about the difference and will try the smaller one to see how it affects flipper play.

That doesn’t seem right. Did they send you the wrong product?

#4173 3 months ago

You want a spring that is just strong enough to return the flipper back quickly. A spring that is too strong will require a higher coil setting and heat up the coils faster. I recall arguing with Balcer about springs but don’t remember the details.

I suggest putting one on the left and the other on the right and see which you like better.

#4174 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Who's signatures ARE those?

I don't know a lot of AP employees, one I recognize is Steve Bowden but some signatures are not legible. I realize Joe didn't sign but I'm sure some of these people worked on the game in some aspect. Not a big company.

Anyways - if anyone is interested make me offer.

#4175 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That doesn’t seem right. Did they send you the wrong product?

The return springs in the kit are the same as WPC-95 era along with the other parts. AP installed larger return springs clearly.

#4176 3 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

You want a spring that is just strong enough to return the flipper back quickly. A spring that is too strong will require a higher coil setting and heat up the coils faster. I recall arguing with Balcer about springs but don’t remember the details.
I suggest putting one on the left and the other on the right and see which you like better.

Appreciate the info! Will definitely try the smaller return spring and see how it affects the flipper feel.

IMG_6145 (resized).jpegIMG_6145 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4177 88 days ago

New high score, maybe it’s the new flipper return spring.

Also new monkey battle high score.

Who has beaten 2:10 in the race?

Hot Wheels is a fun and challenging pin. Beautiful as well.

IMG_6169 (resized).jpegIMG_6169 (resized).jpegIMG_6171 (resized).jpegIMG_6171 (resized).jpegIMG_6172 (resized).jpegIMG_6172 (resized).jpeg
#4178 88 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

New high score, maybe it’s the new flipper return spring.
Also new monkey battle high score.
Who has beaten 2:10 in the race?
Hot Wheels is a fun and challenging pin. Beautiful as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

some top ranked players were under the minute
and yes, HW is another underated pin, surelly even more here in europe
btw i'm out of the club, mine just left for a new home, with only 1 pin/place in the garage, i need some rotation...

#4179 88 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

some top ranked players were under the minute
and yes, HW is another underated pin, surelly even more here in europe
btw i'm out of the club, mine just left for a new home, with only 1 pin/place in the garage, i need some rotation...

I saw your high scores before, so thinking you finished the game and became a Hot Wheels Legend. 12 or 14 billion? Really good playing. Probably finished the race in under a minute, as well, something to shoot for.

What are you getting to replace it?

#4180 88 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

I saw your high scores before, so thinking you finished the game and became a Hot Wheels Legend. 12 or 14 billion? Really good playing. Probably finished the race in under a minute, as well, something to shoot for.
What are you getting to replace it?

21B and no, didnt succeed to beat the minute, i'm good but not as top IFPA players (seeing/knowing most the west european players there, i would set myself top 100-200)

the next one (tomorrow ?) should be Rush, i'm back to 1 month home location pins, better way to learn them

#4181 87 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

21B and no, didnt succeed to beat the minute, i'm good but not as top IFPA players (seeing/knowing most the west european players there, i would set myself top 100-200)
the next one (tomorrow ?) should be Rush, i'm back to 1 month home location pins, better way to learn them

21B is an amazing score. I’ve achieved 4/5 hero cars a couple of times in maybe 50 plays. Hot Wheels has so many objectives and ways to progress. I agree that’s it’s very underrated.

IMG_6177 (resized).jpegIMG_6177 (resized).jpeg
#4182 87 days ago

but than, forget the 21B score (...), others high were 8 7 6 4, you're than more than OK with 4

#4183 86 days ago

Just brought home a HW today. What's the best pitch?

#4184 86 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Congratulations! From the factory AP recommends all 4 levelers all the way in. Works well for me.

#4185 86 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Quoted from Ballderdash:

Congratulations! From the factory AP recommends all 4 levelers all the way in. Works well for me.

AP recommends 6 degrees. Unless all the stars align (and your floor is perfectly flat) you'll need to adjust those leg levellers.

#4186 86 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

so simple, its how YOU prefer it...

#4187 84 days ago

Amy bugs in the code? I started a victory lap mb today and the flippers died.
Power cycled and everything worked fine.

#4188 84 days ago

I mean, I'm sure there are bugs in the code -- it's code.

But no known issues like you describe. Feel free to capture logs and send them my way if it happens to you again, noting the date/time of the problem. (Ensuring that your machine's clock is set correctly in Utilities is super helpful.)

#4189 84 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I started a victory lap mb today and the flippers died.

never seen this in 6 monthes of use

3 weeks later
#4190 57 days ago

I changed out one of the stock flipper return springs with a WPC style return spring.

The WPC flipper return spring improves the feel of the flippers noticeably IMHO! The “snap” back of the flipper mechanism now is just like the WPC flipper action.

The resulting feel is “softer” and better control, especially on drop catches. I’m going to change the other flipper return spring and lower the coil power a couple of notches as it seems flipper needs less power on initial flip due to less spring tension.

Picture of return springs for reference, can’t post video.

IMG_6146 (resized).jpegIMG_6146 (resized).jpegIMG_6153 (resized).jpegIMG_6153 (resized).jpeg
#4191 53 days ago

Just received my Hot Wheels. I purchased my first NIB machine about a year ago and have since purchased 11 more NIB with them all being Stern. I am usually good at researching problems and learn how to fix them, but I am currently stumped.

When I unboxed my HW there were several issues, but the biggest one is the shooter rod was sitting really far back (3/4 inch) from where the ball rests between the metal auto launch forks. When you try and plunge the ball, it just wabbles an inch or two and will not come of out the shooter lane. I tinkered around for a while and tried some recommendations I found online, but nothing had worked. So, I rigged it by taking out the barrel spring on the outside, added 5 washers between the handle and the cabinet and it is working fine. This might be stupid, but has anybody had this issue and how were you able to fix it?

#4192 51 days ago
Quoted from JHolz25:

Just received my Hot Wheels. I purchased my first NIB machine about a year ago and have since purchased 11 more NIB with them all being Stern. I am usually good at researching problems and learn how to fix them, but I am currently stumped.
When I unboxed my HW there were several issues, but the biggest one is the shooter rod was sitting really far back (3/4 inch) from where the ball rests between the metal auto launch forks. When you try and plunge the ball, it just wabbles an inch or two and will not come of out the shooter lane. I tinkered around for a while and tried some recommendations I found online, but nothing had worked. So, I rigged it by taking out the barrel spring on the outside, added 5 washers between the handle and the cabinet and it is working fine. This might be stupid, but has anybody had this issue and how were you able to fix it?

I'm having some trouble visualizing what's wrong...maybe pictures would help? Was the cabinet damaged at all in shipping?

#4193 51 days ago

Yeah, all I'm thinking here is that maybe the playfield hangers (the brackets that sit in the lockdown receiver) are slightly bent, so that the playfield rests a little too far away from the front of the cabinet? With the playfield down in its normal position, if you pull on the apron towards you, does it move at all?

#4194 50 days ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

I'm having some trouble visualizing what's wrong...maybe pictures would help? Was the cabinet damaged at all in shipping?

There was no cabinet damage that I notice. This is my first American Pinball Machine so I do not know if it is common, but there are gaps that allow you to see into the machine at the bottom of the apron and a little bit on both sides.

Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpgDefault Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpgDefault Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpgDefault Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
#4195 50 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yeah, all I'm thinking here is that maybe the playfield hangers (the brackets that sit in the lockdown receiver) are slightly bent, so that the playfield rests a little too far away from the front of the cabinet? With the playfield down in its normal position, if you pull on the apron towards you, does it move at all?

I tried moving the apron towards me, but it does not move at all.

#4196 50 days ago

Where did you add the washers at?

#4197 50 days ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Where did you add the washers at?

I removed the barrel spring on the outside and added the washers so the shooter tip could rest at an acceptable location to launch the ball. I wrapped the washers with electrical tape to help cut down on the noise of it slamming into the cabinet.

Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpgPlunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
#4198 50 days ago

wtf did you get some oddball short plunger rod?

#4199 50 days ago
Quoted from JHolz25:

I removed the barrel spring on the outside and added the washers so the shooter tip could rest at an acceptable location to launch the ball. I wrapped the washers with electrical tape to help cut down on the noise of it slamming into the cabinet. [quoted image]

Not sure how much this helps but this is my location for everything.

4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpegF2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpegF2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpegFB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpegFB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
#4200 50 days ago
Quoted from JHolz25:

I just got mine and I have the same problem the shooter rod is to far back and wont shoot a ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
There are 4,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/84?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.