157EC1F8-7966-4D6F-A90A-A5B7C21F3ACA (resized).jpeg
28CA5D41-30F6-47CD-9EC5-2A43E60FE8EF (resized).jpeg
259FDC2E-CD77-4585-BB73-D7FEF659D0DA (resized).jpeg
582E2DCD-0A56-4C0C-A17A-B7E26BC3F680 (resized).jpeg
577EB506-C904-4BB2-801F-E047B717BCE4 (resized).jpeg
5AB68EFA-A8FD-483B-A5AB-B2FE7E75B776 (resized).jpeg
875C434A-8112-420C-BC4A-4722389EC51F (resized).jpeg
DB953054-A334-4CD5-B380-9DB66B395B45 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,111 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 83.
#3951 5 months ago

Snakes emerging from the machine is a possibility in Australia pinball2020 .
Pythons love roof spaces that are warm in winter.
See them all the time on tv being extracted. They're big but not venomous.
Just a nuisance. ("Clean up in isle 5".)

Even in urban environments you see a few.
Green tree snake OK. Brown snake not OK. Highly venomous.
They move quickly like you wouldn't believe.

Maybe that's what's needed in New York.

#3952 5 months ago

Ah, Australia, the land where a freakin' PYTHON is "just a nuisance".

Can't wait to visit there someday.

#3953 5 months ago

Old mate, where the HW machine is, had a yard long iguana type lizard walk in the back door a few years back.
Didn't that cause a ruckus!
Under the beds with brooms.
Hilarious!
Some brave soul grabbed it by the tail and hurled it in to bush land close by.

#3954 5 months ago

AP- give me a Lego movie pin in the fashion of HW. Collect parts, build kits, find the piece of resistance, fight Lord Business, avoid the Cragle. Defend against the DUPLO aliens. Unikitty multiball like red line mania. Copy pasta rules and voilà! I’ll take sn# 002 for my idea. Aaaaaaand GO!

#3955 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

AP- give me a Lego movie pin in the fashion of HW. Collect parts, build kits, find the piece of resistance, fight Lord Business, avoid the Cragle. Defend against the DUPLO aliens. Unikitty multiball like red line mania. Copy pasta rules and voilà! I’ll take sn# 002 for my idea. Aaaaaaand GO!

Copyright, royalties, contracts, etc. could be a problem.

#3956 5 months ago

Everything would be awesome about that!

Gotta have Will Arnett on callouts.

#3957 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Everything would be awesome about that!
Gotta have Will Arnett on callouts.

“Honey, where are my piiiiiiiiiiins?”

#3958 4 months ago

So all at once I had a creature battle, turbo boost, and car chaos going. Mayhem! But so fun.

It went quick but I hit a lot of loops and orbits and figured I must be scoring well. But at the end Car Chaos reports a score of 95M.

Thought that was kind of weird but you play on right?

Until you drain the ball.

And only then realize that EPIC mode was also active and apparently THAT is where all the points went… 3.9 billion worth down the drain before i realized i even had it!!

When I realized what happened I freaking laughed my ass off at what a truly epic fail I just pulled off.

IMG_7182 (resized).jpegIMG_7182 (resized).jpeg
#3960 4 months ago

My game is now a 7k paperweight. My coil problems still were there and then lower gi quit gorging then started working so I decided to reload the code. It showed it updated but will not boot at all.

I’m hoping I don’t need a new computer for it but I’m prepared for it.

This game has not worked right since I traded for it.

I did open a ticket with American pinball this afternoon hopefully they can help.

#3961 4 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

My game is now a 7k paperweight. My coil problems still were there and then lower gi quit gorging then started working so I decided to reload the code. It showed it updated but will not boot at all.
I’m hoping I don’t need a new computer for it but I’m prepared for it.
This game has not worked right since I traded for it.
I did open a ticket with American pinball this afternoon hopefully they can help.

I"ll try and help. You describe pop bumpers not working previously and lower GI intermittent.
First thing to do is check all connectors on the underside of the playfield. Make sure they are snug.

Use a 8GB memory stick that is formatted for FAT32, not extended FAT. Extended FAT causes reload problems.
Download the code and try the code install again.
If the computer was running before, you should be able to reload the code again.

#3962 4 months ago

Making progress. Thanks Weazel

IMG_5194 (resized).jpegIMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
#3963 4 months ago

I see Draven's tower. Very nice.

#3964 4 months ago

Oh boy! Just got news that Hot Wheels is FINALLY coming my way either end of this month or early next! It's been a wait but I'm so ready to get racing... I already have some different cars to swap out that will tie it together with the other pins in my house, including the venerated Thanos Copter!

#3965 4 months ago

Anyone know long it usually takes when opening a ticket with American pinball. I opened a ticket last Friday still haven’t heard from them. I don’t want to call and bother them just curious on other’s experience.

#3966 4 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Anyone know long it usually takes when opening a ticket with American pinball. I opened a ticket last Friday still haven’t heard from them.

They are usually pretty quick.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I don’t want to call and bother them

They won't feel bothered. They want you enjoying your game too.

LTG : )

#3967 4 months ago

BowlingJim, sorry for the delay. Please don’t be shy about reaching out when you need help!

I’ve forwarded your message to the service team. If you have a ticket number, please DM it to me and I’ll pass it along so they know immediately what ticket to jump to.

Thanks!

#3968 4 months ago

BowlingJim - apparently the response to your ticket was mistakenly sent to the original owner of your game. You should have received a response now. Apologies for the confusion. I trust Service will get your machine, and you, happy again.

#3969 4 months ago

I love when manufacturers stand behind a used game like American and spooky and others! Very reassuring.

#3970 4 months ago

Great service today thanks so much. Looks like I’m going buy a new power supply and see if it fixes my coil problems. I really want to like the game but have had problems for the last 7 months when I bought it. I really haven’t been able to play it fully.

#3971 4 months ago

I’m really sorry to hear that. There aren’t any games that are fun when they’re malfunctioning. Hopefully a power supply swap does the trick for you. Keep us updated.

#3972 4 months ago

The Weazel den. Just added a bar fridge. Cold drinks on tap, sort of.
We have had so much fun with this machine. Topper needs a bit of attention.
Some lighting would help.

20230505_145308 (resized).jpg20230505_145308 (resized).jpg20230505_145354 (resized).jpg20230505_145354 (resized).jpg20230505_145850 (resized).jpg20230505_145850 (resized).jpg
#3973 4 months ago

Had a surprise call late last night that my machine was on a truck and being delivered in the morning. This morning! I managed to get the pin installed and played one round before having to run back to work... Really excited to fully dig into this game this evening and collect some cars!

20230509_111217 (resized).jpg20230509_111217 (resized).jpg
#3974 4 months ago

That looks great. Really want to get this game, even with zero game play experience!

#3975 4 months ago

Brand new addition to the collection. Just arrived today. I like the way it shoots.

IMG_8761 (resized).jpegIMG_8761 (resized).jpeg
#3977 4 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

That looks great. Really want to get this game, even with zero game play experience!

We have a couple left in our BC warehouse

#3978 4 months ago

Can someone please take a photo of the magnet area I think mine is mushroomed out and needs replacement

#3979 4 months ago

Ok I have an update . Had the power supply in my cart and was just about to pay for it and I decided to look at it to see if I would be able to make the swap. I took the box off and put it back on and now the game is playing. So far 15 games and no wake coils . Hope it stays working. Thanks American pinball for the help and the others on here. You guys are the best.

#3980 4 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Can someone please take a photo of the magnet area I think mine is mushroomed out and needs replacement

Scratch that magnet is ok I just levelled it. I’m pretty sure the board for the magnet is done or the magnet is cactus. Just have to test the magnet coil. Hopefully not I hate Doug board repair… I avoid it like the plague

#3981 4 months ago

Scratch that magnet is ok I just levelled it. I’m pretty sure the board for the magnet is done or the magnet is cactus. Just have to test the magnet coil. Hopefully not I hate Doug board repair… I avoid it like the plague

Contact American this is a common problem and I had it when I had mine they will send you a new magnet core and the board free of charge you’ll just have to send the old one back

#3982 4 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Contact American this is a common problem and I had it when I had mine they will send you a new magnet core and the board free of charge you’ll just have to send the old one back

I’m at minimum the second owner so not sure there’s warranty there.

#3983 4 months ago

I’m at minimum the second owner so not sure there’s warranty there.

I was the third owner on mine they sent it out that same day and I got in two days fully covered

#3984 4 months ago

So I pulled the coil and the coil is good BUT the thermal fuse which is not RESETTABLE is toast. I’ve by passed it for now until I get a new fuse but they probably should change the fuse to a resettable one instead. That way they’re not replacing good coils just because of a bad fuse

#3985 4 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Had this game for 2 1/2 years now. Still one of my favs! Co-op mode makes it one of the best and a favorite in my group of players.

#3986 4 months ago

So I pulled the coil and the coil is good BUT the thermal fuse which is not RESETTABLE is toast. I’ve by passed it for now until I get a new fuse but they probably should change the fuse to a resettable one instead. That way they’re not replacing good coils just because of a bad fuse

It's OK to bypass the thermal fuse for awhile, until you get a new thermal fuse, or preferably a resettable thermal switch.
The chances of a thermal meltdown of the coil is low, if a short occurs in the coil driver output transistor.
Best to replace it as soon as possible, however.

10Amps at 80-100deg C, normally closed, should do it.
Many different types and sizes are available on Ebay for minimal cost.
The coil steel core can get quite hot, due to magnetic hysteresis and eddy currents in the core, during play.

#3987 4 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

do you believe in signs !? (this morning, going with my wife to the store)
[quoted image]

Ferret

i told you that one day...
and than, HW should be here on thursday (hi Leon)

#3988 4 months ago

Found this gem, while ferreting around in the local BestandLess store. If it looks familiar, you would be right.

20230506_103431 (resized).jpg20230506_103431 (resized).jpg

#3989 4 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Ferret
i told you that one day...
and than, HW should be here on thursday (hi Leon)

Enjoy

#3990 4 months ago

we will

and in the club than...

IMG_20230518_133244_053 (resized).jpgIMG_20230518_133244_053 (resized).jpg

#3991 4 months ago

only 1/2 day on the pin, and of course enjoying it at 99%... (lol)

as the TILT is set sensitive, not sure if there's another solution (than nudging) for balls being stucked at the top of the inlanes (the rail on the left, the rubber/post on the right), near the bumpers... !?

to notice : i didnt let the pin "flat" at legs, the slope being too friendly as it
i dont know the angle now, but its flat at front, and leveled up at +/- 50% at the back

tanx

hw (resized).JPGhw (resized).JPG

and Ferret, i've seen that from factory, game is originaly set to give 4 levels of replay, each one giving an extra ball instead off a replay !?
quite strange, but surelly you may have a reason (i've set this OFF as else its to easy to collect these EB)

#3992 4 months ago

Hi RipleYYY ... nice to hear from you again! Congrats on your new Hot Wheels, hope it gives you and your family and friends lots of fun!

Re: the two red circles in your image: to my knowledge, the left one is a known place where the ball can get caught if it's moving slowly -- not "permanently" caught, but enough that you may need to nudge to free it, which could be an issue if you have a tight tilt. I have a brain cell tickling me that there might be a fix available from the factory to improve this, a tweaked rail or post? Not sure -- don't hesitate to file a service ticket at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> to see if they can do anything to improve that for you.

I'm not sure what the story is with the right red circle in your image ... that's not a common ball trap AFAIK. If balls are getting stuck there on your game, again, please contact API Service to see if they have any solutions for you.

As for your question about replay settings... the default should be 1 replay level. That should be the green (factory default) value for Settings > Replay > Replay Levels. You're right that the default replay (score threshold) award is an Extra Ball. Of course, adjust these to suit your taste, along with other Extra Ball settings specific to Hot Wheels (Car Collects for Extra Ball, Hero Cars for Extra Ball). Personally, I like replay levels (1) giving me an extra ball -- free credit is useless at home -- with Automatic Replay Percentaging turned on and Replay Percentage around 5%. Getting to Legend Multiball is not easy on just 3 physical balls. Become a Hot Wheels (Legend)!

Have fun!

#3993 4 months ago

ok
ok
and ok

and yes, was still asleep, as 4 replay levels are on/green, but only one is giving a gift...

#3994 4 months ago

Hmmm, well, that sounds almost, but not quite, correct. Don't hesitate to PM me with details (and, preferably, logs) if it's not working as you would expect.

And based on what I know of your skill level -- I expect a 10 billion point high score photo, please. The "hook" of Hot Wheels is figuring out -- and executing -- exactly what gear / RPMs to maintain to maximize your scoring... it ain't easy!

#3995 4 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm, well, that sounds almost, but not quite, correct. Don't hesitate to PM me with details (and, preferably, logs) if it's not working as you would expect.
And based on what I know of your skill level -- I expect a 10 billion point high score photo, please. The "hook" of Hot Wheels is figuring out -- and executing -- exactly what gear / RPMs to maintain to maximize your scoring... it ain't easy!

you misundertand, as i was asleep, not you lol
it is well how you've said & i was wrong, than yes only 1 extra ball is given with points, perfect as it

have a nice day (night for now)

edit : about points, did quickly put 2.9B, but than as said above, set the slope harder
and rules/code feel familiar already... by design, the pin is easy to play (compare to Houdini & Oktober), but to score big is another story

#3996 4 months ago

Absolutely. Hot Wheels is an ultimate "easy to learn, hard to master" game. The overall rules can be summarized briefly. How to exercise those rules for maximum points? Good luck, have fun

#3997 4 months ago

Ferret you have a PM

#3998 4 months ago

The fix for those stuck balls is probably documented with a video somewhere in this thread. You can loosen the rail from underneath the playfield and then get the end of the rails snug to the post and tighten. Or from top side use a the shaft of the tool using the back rail as a leverage point to bend it slightly to the post so that small gap does not cause it to stick.

Curious to see what your fastest race time will be. World record is under a minute.

#3999 4 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

The fix for those stuck balls is probably documented with a video somewhere in this thread. You can loosen the rail from underneath the playfield and then get the end of the rails snug to the post and tighten. Or from top side use a the shaft of the tool using the back rail as a leverage point to bend it slightly to the post so that small gap does not cause it to stick.
Curious to see what your fastest race time will be. World record is under a minute.

about stucked balls, yep Josh, i've just bend the rail to close the small gap & it does the trick... should i've done that before asking, its so logical

for now, i'm concentrate on the overall game, but later than i will go for the race only, and let you know (even if i'm just "good", not a "wizard" lol)
after 1 day i'm at 4.5 B, while collecting 4 cars out of 5

tanx to the team for having made this game, i know already its more than a good one !

#4000 4 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about stucked balls, yep Josh, i've just bend the rail to close the small gap & it does the trick... should i've done that before asking, its so logical
for now, i'm concentrate on the overall game, but later than i will go for the race only, and let you know (even if i'm just "good", not a "wizard" lol)
after 1 day i'm at 4.5 B, while collecting 4 cars out of 5
tanx to the team for having made this game, i know already its more than a good one !

Yup, easy fix, the crazy thing is how just a tiny gap like that can trap the ball.

Hot Wheels is probably the most bang for the buck in pinball these days, especially at its original sales price. It is very approachable for novices, has tremendous breadth for an enthusiast in a home environment to have so many things they can focus on, and is challenging for a tournament player as we worked very hard to ensure balanced scoring with no exploits (well there was one, that we fixed before release) requiring skill and strategy to get big scores.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Torrance, CA
There are 4,111 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 83.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/80?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.