0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 85.
#3901 12 months ago

I have a game that loses pop bumper and the ripper shot it also will collect all of the cars when it does. Sometimes it plays fine but most of the time it’s not working correctly. Can’t figure it out for the life of me.

#3902 12 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have a game that loses pop bumper and the ripper shot it also will collect all of the cars when it does. Sometimes it plays fine but most of the time it’s not working correctly. Can’t figure it out for the life of me.

sounds like an issue with a switch bank. First thing I would try, is to go into service mode -switch testing and test those switches and see if there is a bank not working (column in table) or if there are stuck switches. It a bank is out, check the appropriate board to make sure the connector is firm. If only part of a bank is out, could be a break in the common wire between those switches.

#3903 12 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

sounds like an issue with a switch bank. First thing I would try, is to go into service mode -switch testing and test those switches and see if there is a bank not working (column in table) or if there are stuck switches. It a bank is out, check the appropriate board to make sure the connector is firm. If only part of a bank is out, could be a break in the common wire between those switches.

Rosh is like LTG 2.0!

#3904 12 months ago

Rosh is Rosh, a good guy and an asset to the community.

But LTG is a legend all of his own, one of a kind. (cue choir of angels singing)

#3905 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Rosh is like LTG 2.0!

Thanks for the compliment, but I can only aspire to be as knowledgeable and helpful as Lloyd — heck, we don’t even know if my suggestion helped.

#3906 12 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Rosh is Rosh, a good guy and an asset to the community.

And above and beyond the call of duty. Especially with AP pins.

He doesn't often get the recognition he so richly deserves.

LTG : )

#3907 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And above and beyond the call of duty. Especially with AP pins.
He doesn't often get the recognition he so richly deserves.
LTG : )

I feel lucky to have you and him and the others who stay active in this community helping us. I’m a newb but willing to learn and try. LTG you helped me get my HW drop targets dialed in and adjusted to the playfield when I got the game. Thank you!

#3908 11 months ago

To cut a long story short, our reboot problem turned out to be a faulty intermittent 8GB memory module.

I fixed it 4 days ago and it is soooo nice to have a fully functional machine again.
Just bad luck we had a CPU problem. Usually these are most reliable, like a PC.

The specs on the memory module for those who might like a bit of cheap insurance are:

8MB 2400MHz DDR4 260pins SO-DIMM (PC4, laptop mem, short form)

#3909 11 months ago
Quoted from Weazel:

To cut a long story short, our reboot problem turned out to be a faulty intermittent 8GB memory module.
I fixed it 4 days ago and it is soooo nice to have a fully functional machine again.
Just bad luck we had a CPU problem. Usually these are most reliable, like a PC.
The specs on the memory module for those who might like a bit of cheap insurance are:
8MB 2400MHz DDR4 260pins SO-DIMM (PC4, laptop mem, short form)

Note that not all AP games and not all Hot Wheels use same computer.

#3910 11 months ago

Got to play hot wheels for the first time last night and I really really enjoyed it. The shots are really nice, rosh coded another great game. It’s certainly something on my radar to buy. I’d certainly own this over a GF

#3911 11 months ago

Glad you enjoyed it, Audioenslaved !

But… who coded?

#3912 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

But… who coded?

397EEA89-D01F-4E4F-AE83-870BF0B8BA18.gif397EEA89-D01F-4E4F-AE83-870BF0B8BA18.gif
#3913 11 months ago
A1DB78C6-E3AF-4CF3-A3B7-53FB36CA57F7.jpegA1DB78C6-E3AF-4CF3-A3B7-53FB36CA57F7.jpegDD0C2F21-39B5-4687-BE3A-883FEAE8F24B.jpegDD0C2F21-39B5-4687-BE3A-883FEAE8F24B.jpeg
#3914 11 months ago

Joe and Josh are both talented coders with a heap of experience.

I think they really nailed it with Hot Wheels.
Its challenging and hard to make it to the end.
I don't think anyone has made it to legend status yet.
I just can't stop playing it and just luv the way it all works!

#3915 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Glad you enjoyed it, Audioenslaved !
But… who coded?

Oh shut really sorry. You Ferret and Josh coded a great game! I just remember seeing him on the dead flip stream. Again you’ve both coded a great game. And I’ve decided to pickup a copy of the game hopefully that fixes my slight against you some :lol

#3916 11 months ago

No buyers remorse involved with HW.
You won't regret it.

#3917 11 months ago

Are there any mods that are a must for this?

#3918 11 months ago

We've made some mods to our HW machine over the 2 years we have had it. ( I've been a very busy Weazel )

Shaker and knocker are a must.
Topper is very basic so you can create your own.
Ours is a purple HW dragster suspended on springy wire so it moves around.

The first thing we did was exchange some of the HW cars with cars as close to that displayed in the game.
Tied them down with thin clear cable ties to reduce their visibility.
They will come off if you don't tie them down.

The next thing we decided was that we wanted to play it in the dark but to keep the playfield the same with no additional lights on the playfield.
To accomplish this I bought a basic PinStadium setup (the UV is unreal in RedLineMania) and set up a 3x3 array of 12V strip leds to illuminate each flipper. They are situated under the handhold area so you cannot see them and they get their power from the 12V GI in the backbox. (long run of telephone wire)
We leave the PinStadium on full white when GI is on.

To top the lighting off, we have a sound sensitive RGB strip controller, under the machine with a seperate power supply, with handheld remote and bluetooth app connectivity that gives a fantastic floor color display as the machine rattles and bangs. The RGB led strips are under cabinet base edges and down the inside of the legs using JST connectors, so that you cannot see them when facing the machine. Cost about $25 on Ebay.

#3919 11 months ago

Pics of the led array to illuminate flippers and RGB sound activated RGB strip controller.

20230406_142246 (resized).jpg20230406_142246 (resized).jpg20230406_142357 (resized).jpg20230406_142357 (resized).jpg
#3920 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Are there any mods that are a must for this?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4926433

--> Draven Tower free to print for all

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5137013

--> Pizza building free to print for all

Enjoy the game !

#3921 11 months ago

Nice to see some 2 year owners following.

Was wondering if JagDaniels and smitherssp would like to comment on the performance of their machines, mods and how much fun they have had with HW, over the past 2 years?
We've had a darned good run and so much fun!

#3922 11 months ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4926433
--> Draven Tower free to print for all
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5137013
--> Pizza building free to print for all
Enjoy the game !

This is awesome! Thanks.

#3923 11 months ago

Weazel Since being an early purchaser of Hot Wheels I am still loving it and still contend that it is arguably more fun than a lot of other games.
As stated years ago, I ended up selling my Avengers: Infinity Quest because people who came over had more fun with Hot Wheels.

Mods - hmmmm:
My only mod I have is adding another spinner arm and adding an airplane so I have two Hot Wheels toys spinning.

I have had issues with my computer but Dave helped with that back some time ago. Since then, no problems.
There was a period where either a switch stuck or something and I was getting like a million cars at the end of each round - was fun for awhile and that seems to be gone for good.

Thanks again to the whole team and support staff- great stuff.

Some guests still say they love playing Hot Wheels the best.

Quoted from Weazel:

Nice to see some 2 year owners following.
Was wondering if JagDaniels and smitherssp would like to comment on the performance of their machines, mods and how much fun they have had with HW, over the past 2 years?
We've had a darned good run and so much fun!

#3924 11 months ago

I have had mine from the beginning and love it,did a few mods but the best was the ramp cover kind of like on Octoberfest I am not sure where my game is set but on fast clean ramp shots my ball would fly off sometimes,I guess I could lower flipper power but I like the fast orbits.I have the game set to factory.

#3925 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have had mine from the beginning and love it,did a few mods but the best was the ramp cover kind of like on Octoberfest I am not sure where my game is set but on fast clean ramp shots my ball would fly off sometimes,I guess I could lower flipper power but I like the fast orbits.I have the game set to factory.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3926 11 months ago

This game is good. I picked up one of the first HW Deluxe used pretty early on in the hobby. Since I have moved it on to try more pins. It is one of 2 games I'd consider owning again and is the only game my daughter asks about owning again.

If I had more room...

Stacking that 10X with a super jackpot or T Rex collect is amazing.

#3927 11 months ago

Two years ago i considered my first new pin, and hot wheels was getting my attention because nobody was talking about it and overall a lot negative reviews. So i gave it a shot...
It just was a feeling of getting a game that not everybody has and make my own experience with it. Unfortunately my machine dropped several times on the way from the US to germany, it was beaten as hell. After solving this problem with the greatest pinballguy brenna (service chief from AP at the time) and forcing my distibutor solving the cabinet problem, i was pretty impressed about the quality and still i am. I think i had not a single problem with my machine, just a bad sound issues that was gone with a new sound isolator / filter from a good german car hifi brand.

What i really like most ist the stunning rgb lightshow, the music that changes progressing in the game and that the mood changes over general illumination getting close to redlight mania.
I also like that is kinda simple to learn, and hard to master, and that you can follow different goals like beating your race time oder pumping up gears. In my opinion it's a very difficult and fast table, so i still can't hit the shoots frequently. But thats because i am a terrible player .
It has some of the shortest balltimes compared to my other games, maybe the same as my Blackknight SOR.
I still enjoy the game and the humor is one of the best.

Many people said it's a childish game, i absolutely disagree ! The animations and videos are fantastic and funny if you don't take pinball to seriously.
When i was designing the 3d buildings (that i never did before) i just wanted to make this game a bit more hot wheels city like. So i decided to do the draventower and the pizzabuilding second. Because everybody selling terrible 3d printed parts for many dollars, i just wanted to make someting free for all that make people smile.

I think APs hot wheels makes people smile ! So yeah... i love it. I also like the people in this thread because they are chilled and not complaining. Overall this game is just giving a good mood.

#3928 11 months ago

I have had hot wheels since September 2020 and I freaking absolutely love it. I want to thank you Rosh for all your support you continue to give everybody whether it be with this or Houdini or whatever. You rock!

#3929 11 months ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Two years ago i considered my first new pin, and hot wheels was getting my attention because nobody was talking about it and overall a lot negative reviews. So i gave it a shot...
It just was a feeling of getting a game that not everybody has and make my own experience with it. Unfortunately my machine dropped several times on the way from the US to germany, it was beaten as hell. After solving this problem with the greatest pinballguy brenna (service chief from AP at the time) and forcing my distibutor solving the cabinet problem, i was pretty impressed about the quality and still i am. I think i had not a single problem with my machine, just a bad sound issues that was gone with a new sound isolator / filter from a good german car hifi brand.
What i really like most ist the stunning rgb lightshow, the music that changes progressing in the game and that the mood changes over general illumination getting close to redlight mania.
I also like that is kinda simple to learn, and hard to master, and that you can follow different goals like beating your race time oder pumping up gears. In my opinion it's a very difficult and fast table, so i still can't hit the shoots frequently. But thats because i am a terrible player .
It has some of the shortest balltimes compared to my other games, maybe the same as my Blackknight SOR.
I still enjoy the game and the humor is one of the best.
Many people said it's a childish game, i absolutely disagree ! The animations and videos are fantastic and funny if you don't take pinball to seriously.
When i was designing the 3d buildings (that i never did before) i just wanted to make this game a bit more hot wheels city like. So i decided to do the draventower and the pizzabuilding second. Because everybody selling terrible 3d printed parts for many dollars, i just wanted to make someting free for all that make people smile.
I think APs hot wheels makes people smile ! So yeah... i love it. I also like the people in this thread because they are chilled and not complaining. Overall this game is just giving a good mood.

An amazing collection of machines you have in the 2 years that you have started pinball! Thanks for the post.

#3930 11 months ago

Talking of interesting collections. HoneyBadger , your collection is fantantic.

#3931 11 months ago

Coming up on being a two year owner. I love this game and play it often. Embarrassingly enough, still haven’t gotten to Draven. I’ll even try focusing on battles when the game starts, but I inevitably get drawn to finishing the race, and then I almost have redline, and then you know what I better not ignore that Epic that’s half done… What a great game!

#3932 11 months ago

It seems that big collection owners love their HW machines.

It's a challenging game so Weazel has some tips on how to beat the machine.
I'll post once I have collected my thoughts.
It's easy to get to a billion when you know how. That's when things really start cooking!
We manage to get 20 mins each game generally and a game less than a billion is a disappointment for us.

#3933 11 months ago
Quoted from Weazel:

It seems that big collection owners love their HW machines.
It's a challenging game so Weazel has some tips on how to beat the machine.
I'll post once I have collected my thoughts.
It's easy to get to a billion when you know how. That's when things really start cooking!
We manage to get 20 mins each game generally and a game less than a billion is a disappointment for us.

Please do post your tips on beating the machine!

#3934 11 months ago

Would you believe hammering it in to submission but the machine wins.

#3935 11 months ago

@Randomretro,
Start mastering one technique in the game at a time.

For me, Red Line Mania was the fastest way to learn how to get points. Keep practicing till you can keep getting it 2 or 3 times in a game. Remember each time you move forward with Red Line Mania you get compounding bonuses.

Try then to go through knocking off Draven's creatures. That will give you a workout.

Going after Draven himself is hard and you will get there - just need a lot of patience.

When training set the game as easiest as you can make it if you want (I did at first). Give yourself 5 balls a game. Once you start to get the hang of shots switch back to 3 balls. Remember it is your machine and you can set it however you want or need to .

Also set the timers longer to give you time to defeat Draven's creatures and then reset them back to normal. For example: Nothing more frustrating then when you are about to win beating the snakes and you run out of time (if I remember correctly).

And somewhere in there try focusing on just hitting the lanes to move ahead in car position for the race mode. There is a lot of room to explore on the machine. If you want you can also start the game in an earlier position so you can "win" the race faster. I tried that for awhile and it was fun. Set it back to "normal" for more of a challenge.

Have fun. If you don't get it right away, that is okay. It is only pinball .

Quoted from RandomRetro:

Please do post your tips on beating the machine!

#3936 11 months ago

Weazels Tips to Higher Scoring.

Secure ExtraBalls ASAP. Use a MB to secure them. (Easier said than done!)
Go for the RightVerticalUpkicker (RVUK, Dravens' Castle) for rewards and CarChaos.
10 mill points and Adv Tacho are running jokes for us.

Get in early with increasing RPM, it advances quickly. Left orbit skill shot as well helps. It's harder to increase it once it has dropped off.
Use MBs to increase RPM. When targets become "sensitive" that's the time to bag RLMania with an orbit or target.
The shooter will finish it off. Third gear and things start cooking.
Let the balls drain SDTM if there are too many balls around the flippers so you can get a clear shot, in RLM.

Advance LCMB by following red arrows.
Glance at the playfield colored and flashing arrows to guide the way.
You learn the colors and their meanings with practice.

Don't focus on race position too much. You can still get a high score from 10th position.
Work on advancing LCMB and CarChaos most of the time.
These will score you the most if you keep them going and have 10k RPM.
Look out for the shooter white "super flash",as we call it out, in play. Get a couple of those in CarChaos with 6 balls and you are cooking big time!!
EPIC, creature battles and TMB are "by the way" but look out for them. (There's a lot going on!)

Multiballs.
Try to hold on to the balls presented for as long as possible. A drain will cause the autolaunch to start.
Stack MBs if possible. LCMB can be very lucrative during VictoryLap.
Use the TMB to increase RPM. Chances are that the total will be minimal. LVUK, RPM targets and shooter.
Once the RPM is high, terminate TMB and follow up RPM targets and/or shooter, to change gear.

We still have not mastered HW after 2 years; 1500hrs of practice for me. We learn new things all the time.
Very deep. HW seems to like the high speed ball but it's difficult to learn the high speed shot past the flipper.
It's very rewarding when you do.

Have fun everyone.

#3937 11 months ago

A game from yesterday. I'm player 2 and 4. My other half 1 and 3. He's pretty good but I'm hot on his heels with extra practice.

20230416_180802 (resized).jpg20230416_180802 (resized).jpg
#3938 11 months ago
Quoted from Weazel:

A game from yesterday. I'm player 2 and 4. My other half 1 and 3. He's pretty good but I'm hot on his heels with extra practice.
[quoted image]

DAMN now that’s some scores!! Looking forward to playing this one

#3939 11 months ago

Would there be any interest in replacement ramps that were converted to wireforms that were either a 360 loop or a corkscrew type design? I am looking for another project to take on shortly. If so please let me know. I am open to trying anything if theres interest. You can see all the wireforms I have made on pinside or loganpinball.com. I think its very doable.
Thanks for any thoughts.

#3940 11 months ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Would there be any interest in replacement ramps that were converted to wireforms that were either a 360 loop or a corkscrew type design? I am looking for another project to take on shortly. If so please let me know. I am open to trying anything if theres interest. You can see all the wireforms I have made on pinside or loganpinball.com. I think its very doable.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Wireforms the same color as the existing ramps with UV fluorescence are my initial thoughts.

#3941 11 months ago

Thanks for any thoughts.

A corkscrew would be super cool

#3942 11 months ago

The plastics are just so smooth... that, plus their color really lends to the “track” look and feel.
-
Now that VUK however... that should really be a loop.

#3943 11 months ago

I am open to trying anything if theres interest. You can see all the wireforms I have made on pinside or loganpinball.com.
Thanks for any thoughts.

I love the lighting effect you added to your Tron wireforms. That same orange and blue would look sweet under the existing plastics or with your wireforms. What light product did you use for that? Thanks!

23322029-C2E6-4041-9C86-5428DD3834F9 (resized).jpeg23322029-C2E6-4041-9C86-5428DD3834F9 (resized).jpeg
#3944 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The plastics are just so smooth... that, plus their color really lends to the “track” look and feel.
-
Now that VUK however... that should really be a loop.

The vuk is very doable.

Quoted from Ballderdash:

I love the lighting effect you added to your Tron wireforms. That same orange and blue would look sweet under the existing plastics or with your wireforms. What light product did you use for that? Thanks![quoted image]

Outdoor led colored lighting on Amazon. They are 3/4” tall which might be hard to implement on plastic ramps. I welded a channel on tron and the lights were right under the ball path so it did not take up too much space. The tron mod was over $1000 when completed (labor and 22 feet of wireform) Never went any further then my machine. It got alot of attention at pinfest, but too expensive.

I see what I would like to try in my head. Left ramp corkscrew, vuk corkscrew around left one then a drag race switching flag at the end of the 2 rails that meet at ball drop. Painted or powder coated to that color. Painted would be the framework, powder coat would be whole wireform. This is where price would start to creep up. There is a wall at anything over $400. I still would have to do something on the right side. This seems to be aimed at the wall….. I am still debating on trying this mod as it would be at that lost interest wall. I think my son would like it anyway so looking now.
If I do buy it I will post it. And the first thing going is the head box. I will convert it to a standard with hot wheel airbrushed graphics.

Here is a very basic drawing.

8E9CF4E4-B508-449B-8E0E-2C5206B0F916 (resized).jpeg8E9CF4E4-B508-449B-8E0E-2C5206B0F916 (resized).jpeg
#3945 11 months ago

I would suggest that you initially, keep it simple, to reduce the price.
Wireforms that follow the existing ramps with maybe a corkscrew.
You can always offer a deluxe model later on.

#3946 11 months ago

Got to 8k RPM in 5th gear yesterday. I was going for broke.
Don't know what happens when you get to 10k. No 6th gear.
Maybe nothing happens.

#3947 11 months ago

It doesn't always go well. Big contrast for ol mate. 7.78 bill and 147 mill.

20230419_160621 (resized).jpg20230419_160621 (resized).jpg
#3948 11 months ago
Quoted from Weazel:

I was going for broke. Don't know what happens when you get to 10k. No 6th gear.

You throw a rod and the shooter goes flying across the room.

#3949 11 months ago

Can't stop laughing.
I'd like to see that!

#3950 11 months ago
Quoted from Weazel:

Can't stop laughing.
I'd like to see that!

It beats having snakes start crawling out of the machine .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.