20221021_104320 (resized).jpg
20221021_104254 (resized).jpg
20221021_104234 (resized).jpg
20221021_104253 (resized).jpg
20221021_104233 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221017-222953_Gallery (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 3,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 77.
#3801 58 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey Hot Wheels owners, if anyone's looking to make a homemade topper, I saw these at Hobby Lobby yesterday and thought of you all. It was $56 IIRC but was on 50% off sale with other wall hangings.[quoted image]

Yes, it makes a pretty good background for a topper.

IMG_20220102_092927293_HDR (resized).jpg
#3802 58 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, it makes a pretty good background for a topper.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Do you do commission work?

#3803 58 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Awesome! Do you do commission work?

I would but it would probably be on a production schedule worse than Stern's.

#3804 56 days ago

This is what I did.

KIMG7862 (resized).JPG
#3805 50 days ago

Has anyone seen this?

image (resized).jpg
#3806 49 days ago

Yep, happened to me.

***Caveat: Do these steps at your own peril - not responsible if anything goes wrong.***

It can be the battery inside the computer case may be loose and the computer isn't booting the correct drive. If you are comfortable replacing your own computer battery here is some information on how to get to the computer.

Video of how to take it out of the computer is here (Thanks to brenna98 for the videos and being an all around awesome human being).

Also - Open a support ticket with American Pinball as well.

Also you can try this:
Check Boot order in the BIOS

With a USB keyboard plugged into the computer (or usb extension inside the coin door), power on the game while you press and hold the ‘delete key'. This should take you to the BIOS screen, if it doesn’t, try again.
At this point, arrow key over to the “Boot” tab screen. See which order of boot 1,2,3 is listed. “Boot Manager” should be boot 1. If not, arrow down to the boot 1 spot, push enter, then arrow down to Boot Manager and push enter to select. Now arrow right to the save/exit tab screen; push enter to save/exit to make the computer reboot.

If you did not see “Boot Manager” in the boot tab screen, there is an operating install process but I am not going to post that here and best to check with American Pinball for the latest and greatest (unless Dave says it is okay for me to post it with the American Pinball links here).

Good luck, it is annoying and scary but it can be corrected

Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone seen this?
[quoted image]

#3807 49 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Yep, happened to me.
***Caveat: Do these steps at your own peril - not responsible if anything goes wrong.***
It can be the battery inside the computer case may be loose and the computer isn't booting the correct drive. If you are comfortable replacing your own computer battery here is some information on how to get to the computer.
Video of how to take it out of the computer is here (Thanks to brenna98 for the videos and being an all around awesome human being).
Also - Open a support ticket with American Pinball as well.
Also you can try this:
Check Boot order in the BIOS
With a USB keyboard plugged into the computer (or usb extension inside the coin door), power on the game while you press and hold the ‘delete key'. This should take you to the BIOS screen, if it doesn’t, try again.
At this point, arrow key over to the “Boot” tab screen. See which order of boot 1,2,3 is listed. “Boot Manager” should be boot 1. If not, arrow down to the boot 1 spot, push enter, then arrow down to Boot Manager and push enter to select. Now arrow right to the save/exit tab screen; push enter to save/exit to make the computer reboot.
If you did not see “Boot Manager” in the boot tab screen, there is an operating install process but I am not going to post that here and best to check with American Pinball for the latest and greatest (unless Dave says it is okay for me to post it with the American Pinball links here).
Good luck, it is annoying and scary but it can be corrected

Cool. I didn’t have my tools with me, but I took a quick look to see if the SATA cable was connected. I’m comfortable doing all of those steps so I’ll dive in. Ty so much!

#3808 48 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Cool. I didn’t have my tools with me, but I took a quick look to see if the SATA cable was connected. I’m comfortable doing all of those steps so I’ll dive in. Ty so much!

Really weird, all that was wrong was that the boot device wasn’t selected. I don’t know how that could have changed. Battery is solid.

#3809 47 days ago

That happened to me a few times and in my case it was from the hard drive (if I remember correctly) failing.
I would suggest logging it and see if it happens again in the future and if need be open a ticket with American Pinball.

Quoted from Aniraf:

Really weird, all that was wrong was that the boot device wasn’t selected. I don’t know how that could have changed. Battery is solid.

#3810 47 days ago

Well, after about 12,000 plays we finally had a mechanical mishap. The metal yoke from the right pop bumper broke in half and the right rod is sheered off where the nut goes. Seems like an odd occurrence but it has been played quite a bit. Easy fix.

#3811 47 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Seems like an odd occurrence

Not odd. Can happen, especially in commercial use. Or where pop bumpers get nailed a lot in a particular game.

Thing I learned. When you put the lock nuts back on the new pop bumper ring. Snug them up. But don't over tighten. This stresses the rod and more prone to breaking the rod.

LTG : )

#3812 45 days ago

Anyone coming to Pinball Expo gets first crack at my new 3D Start Buttons for Hot Wheels! For those who can't make it, they'll be up in my shop next week after their Expo debut.

I used the popular 5-spoke wheel design utilized on many Hot Wheels cars, giving the wheel a little concavity just like the toys. The tire (with tread!) includes white lettering in a Goodyear-esque font. And of course, the base is printed in a translucent fluorescent orange to match the track pieces! I really love how these turned out and can't wait to see them on your games!

Screenshot_20221017-222953_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3813 45 days ago

I went shopping at my local Dillons Store (Kroger). I came across some cool Hotwheels marked down 50% and got an extra 15% because my wife works at the store. Picked up a back to the future, Aladdin, and Hook Car. Think of adding cars from other pinball themes. I am curious howimage (resized).jpg many hot wheel cars have the same theme as some of the pinball machines? T3, Addams Family, Dr. Who? Think I need to come up with a list. Please help.

#3815 45 days ago

What a great day for Hot Wheels pin owners.

LTG : )

#3816 44 days ago

Oh shiz! I have Hot Wheels cars/vehicles to match each of my other machines to put in (Deadpool Chimichanga Truck, Turtle Van, and the all mighty Thanos Copter). I have this dragon thing to represent Godzilla because there didn't really seem to be a good Godzilla option... Until now! I guess I will have to go hunting for one. Also still waiting for my distributor to get the Hot Wheels pin in stock again too... Hope it comes soon, I'm super ready to race

#3817 43 days ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

Oh shiz! I have Hot Wheels cars/vehicles to match each of my other machines to put in (Deadpool Chimichanga Truck, Turtle Van, and the all mighty Thanos Copter). I have this dragon thing to represent Godzilla because there didn't really seem to be a good Godzilla option... Until now! I guess I will have to go hunting for one. Also still waiting for my distributor to get the Hot Wheels pin in stock again too... Hope it comes soon, I'm super ready to race

Its really a great pin!!!

#3818 41 days ago

3D start button now available in my shop --
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07356-3d-start-button-hot-wheels

Here's some pics of it installed, looks so awesome!

20221021_104233 (resized).jpg20221021_104234 (resized).jpg20221021_104253 (resized).jpg20221021_104254 (resized).jpg20221021_104320 (resized).jpg20221021_104321 (resized).jpg
#3819 35 days ago

Well this is awesome news! Can't wait for this code update!

If you're looking for any beta testers for Hot Wheels... Just throwing it out there

#3820 34 days ago

We will have the option of disabling Scorbit to if we want though, right?

Quoted from Flipstream:

If you're looking for any beta testers for Hot Wheels... Just throwing it out there

#3821 34 days ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

So would this automatically be integrated or would we still have to buy the kit\board to install?

#3822 34 days ago

Still getting the occasional auto plunge as soon as the ball hits the shooter lane. I’ve checked every switch for close gaps, fixed a few but the problem persists. Makes it impossible to put in tournament play. Banging on the playfield in test does not activate any switches. I’m officially stumped.

#3823 34 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

We will have the option of disabling Scorbit to if we want though, right?

Correct.

Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

So would this automatically be integrated or would we still have to buy the kit\board to install?

The software will be integrated in the Hot Wheels code. Owners who want to use Scorbit integration will have to buy a WiFi adapter, since the existing game computers don't have onboard WiFi. We'll have a list of officially supported WiFi adapters. They should not be expensive.

Quoted from madamyates:

Still getting the occasional auto plunge as soon as the ball hits the shooter lane. I’ve checked every switch for close gaps, fixed a few but the problem persists. Makes it impossible to put in tournament play. Banging on the playfield in test does not activate any switches. I’m officially stumped.

I'll be happy to try to help. Please: 1) Make sure your game clock is set correctly (Utilities > Set Date/Time). 2) When this happens again, capture the game logs onto a USB stick and send them to me at ferret <at> americanpinball.com, noting the date/time at which the problem occurred.

Thanks!

#3824 31 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'll be happy to try to help. Please: 1) Make sure your game clock is set correctly (Utilities > Set Date/Time). 2) When this happens again, capture the game logs onto a USB stick and send them to me at ferret americanpinball.com, noting the date/time at which the problem occurred.

Just sent over logs. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3825 12 days ago

Anxiously awaiting a code update with Scorbit. Gambling on this hardware, perhaps a beta could be provided for the holidays?

HWscorbit (resized).jpg
#3826 10 days ago

Just joined the club! Having a great time trying to get a good race time - what’s everyone’s fastest so far?

610F3E40-3248-4BC2-A9E8-0CE0711F5E9B (resized).jpegC079D8F9-4AEC-43BC-800D-A3271094503B (resized).jpeg
#3827 10 days ago

Does anyone have the v20.12.10 code file? The link on American's website no longer works.

#3829 10 days ago

Here’s my best time so far.

DF1BBFE0-C210-4F38-AE0E-BBC5ED6A49D4 (resized).jpeg
#3830 9 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Did you get this sorted out? I had something similar in Oktoberfest. Problem was the shooter lane rollover switch became slightly intermittent, working fine 90% of the time, but occasionally a ball would settle there and the switch remained open. I noticed weird auto-plunge behavior once in a while, mostly when I drained both balls in Juggling (a two-ball multiball); two balls would get kicked into the shooter lane and get autoplunged together, simultaneously. Took me a long time to figure it out because it seemed to work fine when testing.

#3831 9 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Did you get this sorted out? I had something similar in Oktoberfest. Problem was the shooter lane rollover switch became slightly intermittent, working fine 90% of the time, but occasionally a ball would settle there and the switch remained open. I noticed weird auto-plunge behavior once in a while, mostly when I drained both balls in Juggling (a two-ball multiball); two balls would get kicked into the shooter lane and get autoplunged together, simultaneously. Took me a long time to figure it out because it seemed to work fine when testing.

I haven’t gotten it figured out. You’re right, tests are all fine. I’ll change out that shooter lane switch today with fingers crossed.

#3832 9 days ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Just joined the club! Having a great time trying to get a good race time - what’s everyone’s fastest so far?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got some racing to do., And some victory laps too.

PXL_20221123_173703735 (resized).jpg
#3833 8 days ago

Anyone know what website sells those Hurst shift knob plungers for HWs? Thx.

#3834 8 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Anyone know what website sells those Hurst shift knob plungers for HWs? Thx.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c38/Hot-Wheels-Pinball-Mods#/

#3835 7 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I swapped out the shooter lane switch and played countless games both single and multiplayer. I did not see any instances of the issues that had been occurring!

#3836 3 days ago

The mini pinball fell off of the gorilla mod on my HW machine. Any suggestions for type of adhesive to use or method to fix it (metal on plastic)? I tried using a silica-based adhesive and taping it on but I just made a mess. I'll probably have to take gorilla off first. Thanks for any advice!

20221122_150349 (resized).jpg
#3837 3 days ago
Quoted from BamBam:

Any suggestions for type of adhesive to use or method to fix it (metal on plastic)? I'll probably have to take gorilla off first. Thanks for any advice!
[quoted image]

Isn’t it obvious? GORILLA GLUE!!! Lol.

4D71F1D5-4D7E-47A3-8057-FAA00DC21ECE (resized).jpeg
#3838 3 days ago

Hot glue

#3839 3 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Isn’t it obvious? GORILLA GLUE!!! Lol.
[quoted image]

LOL!

#3840 3 days ago
Quoted from BamBam:

The mini pinball fell off of the gorilla mod on my HW machine. Any suggestions for type of adhesive to use or method to fix it (metal on plastic)? I tried using a silica-based adhesive and taping it on but I just made a mess. I'll probably have to take gorilla off first. Thanks for any advice!
[quoted image]

Mine has fallen off as well,no luck so far trying to get it to stay on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!