3F85A8AD-24E3-4F5A-A034-F662DF878C5B (resized).jpeg
EEB7813D-8980-414F-98B0-B7FD1CDF64F6 (resized).jpeg
The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot (resized).jpg
792F3CB5-E9BF-48C5-B416-2B08FE618639 (resized).jpeg
918D9E51-5C79-4865-AEDF-CFA050CBC94B (resized).jpeg
06F2F1D6-35EE-400C-AA33-9F773560354D (resized).jpeg
AC885CFB-5825-47A9-8B53-5F75D25E36F5 (resized).jpeg
21DD263D-1916-4AB2-830A-6A1036C173FE (resized).jpeg

There are 3,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 76.
#3701 47 days ago

Thanks RandomRetro & LTG This form is awesome. LTG you are a fantastic wealth of knowledge and an asset to us all.

#3702 47 days ago

Does the pit stop tire mod that goes around the moving car block the view of the bumpers. Looks like it does in pictures? I’m suppose to receive my hot wheels game end of year.

#3703 47 days ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Does the pit stop tire mod that goes around the moving car block the view of the bumpers. Looks like it does in pictures? I’m suppose to receive my hot wheels game end of year.

No.
I was concerned about that too. But was informed that it was not an issue. So I ordered it and it is not an issue. Nice mod!

#3704 47 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No.
I was concerned about that too. But was informed that it was not an issue. So I ordered it and it is not an issue. Nice mod!

Thanks I will order that along with the bumper tire covers! Do you enjoy the machine? I’m ordering it without ever playing it. Looks fun on videos and price range is good.

#3705 46 days ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Thanks I will order that along with the bumper tire covers! Do you enjoy the machine? I’m ordering it without ever playing it. Looks fun on videos and price range is good.

Game is good fun and a good NIB value if you ask me. Shots can be tight for me, but rules are easy to understand and allows for most anyone to enjoy a game on the table and get into it. Rock solid build quality so low maintenance on machine. Just get someone to play redline mania and check their heart rate. It can be a mess of balls for me, but always a rush playing it.

#3706 46 days ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

I was in your shoes ... No regrets at all I also recommend the Hurst shifter mid.

#3707 46 days ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

LOL.. Yes!
And I did the same. Ordered it after only watching YouTube videos and on advice from Pinside HotWheels owners. Couldn't be happier! Super fun game and Co-Op is a blast!! American is a great company with great customer service and build quality! Very under rated.

#3708 45 days ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Same here as well. There was no place to play the game and test it out so I just watched some videos and thought 'If Greg Bone likes it, that's good enough for me.'

I do not regret make the purchase.

#3709 44 days ago

Got a question about the sound settings.

I do find the volume of the effects (e.g. pop bumper, wheel gun etc.) to loud compared to music and speech volume. I tried to lower the volume of the effects, but I do not notice a difference when playing a game. When I set the level to 25 for effects it does not make a difference in my opinion compared to a 75 setting.

These are my sound settings atm:
- Music 90
- Effects 65
- Speech 100

Am I doing something wrong or is the difference in settings for 'effects' just not (that) noticeable?

#3710 44 days ago

Brought a HW home yesterday. My kids and I are excited! Hot Wheels sidewalk chalk “Challenge Accepted”!

8001D634-D107-4542-A09B-3EF3DFE10CAA (resized).jpegB1E55177-47B9-4851-95CA-4C683EE02F5B (resized).jpegE859BE1D-B68F-4EA8-961B-4DFC5D4A0FBB (resized).jpeg3AF6252D-6F79-4515-9A57-AB91330FA06E (resized).jpeg

#3711 43 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Brought a HW home yesterday. My kids and I are excited! Hot Wheels sidewalk chalk “Challenge Accepted”!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bad ass, but I gotta know what that pinhauler is!! The interior looks off the charts.

#3712 43 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Bad ass, but I gotta know what that pinhauler is!! The interior looks off the charts.

Ha. That’s my ManVan. It’s a Chrysler Pacifica with the Pinnacle trim. Easy in, easy out. Working on ways to fit two at a time back there. Requires removing over travel rubber stops from the sliding door track and making the entryway wide enough to accommodate one across while the other slides straight in the tailgate. But I couldn’t be happier with the ride! Oh, and it came with leather stitched throw pillows for the back seats... lol. They’re in the storage room.

#3713 43 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Ha. That’s my ManVan. It’s a Chrysler Pacifica with the Pinnacle trim. Easy in, easy out. Working on ways to fit two at a time back there. Requires removing over travel rubber stops from the sliding door track and making the entryway wide enough to accommodate one across while the other slides straight in the tailgate. But I couldn’t be happier with the ride! Oh, and it came with leather stitched throw pillows for the back seats... lol. They’re in the storage room.

Lol you should have told me it was some sort of lamborghini or something, I would have believed it!

#3714 43 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol you should have told me it was some sort of lamborghini or something, I would have believed it!

A little swanky for goldfish cracker crumbs and juicebox spills but it was the only model with the “ultra console” armrest vs. the cheap POS fold down slivers they expect you to enjoy. Maybe I should have said it’s a Maybach since that’s another car that comes with pillows.

#3715 43 days ago

Anyone else have the right orbit shot come around fast and go SDTM? My game is level, but feel like I am ripping that orbit and the loosing the ball to a SDTM path is killing my flow.

#3716 42 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Anyone else have the right orbit shot come around fast and go SDTM? My game is level, but feel like I am ripping that orbit and the loosing the ball to a SDTM path is killing my flow.

Not on my machine. Does the left orbit rail need to be adjusted a bit?

#3717 42 days ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Not on my machine. Does the left orbit rail need to be adjusted a bit?

Not sure on the rail. Here is a pic of what it looks like. Level is 6.5 fwiw. Also since I was looking closely at my playfield. Looks like I need to lower my tower drop target. It looks a little high and is causing balls to not settle in the scoop.

I did get a 984M score last night. Felt good but was basically just juicing T-Rex for like 814M of that score

21DD263D-1916-4AB2-830A-6A1036C173FE (resized).jpegD1EDDCA7-5DAB-4C06-9AAB-3CC59A09369F (resized).jpeg

#3718 42 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

A little swanky for goldfish cracker crumbs and juicebox spills but it was the only model with the “ultra console” armrest vs. the cheap POS fold down slivers they expect you to enjoy. Maybe I should have said it’s a Maybach since that’s another car that comes with pillows.

I mean I'm not like a high end car consumer(I wish) But I also know even rich af people have softball tournaments and kids too.

#3719 41 days ago

Is this the default record for number of cars collected?

AC885CFB-5825-47A9-8B53-5F75D25E36F5 (resized).jpeg
#3720 41 days ago

No, it is not -- default is 10. And in fact, 321 cars collected is ... I won't say impossible, but at least wildly improbable. It's likely that one of the car targets was (or is) gapped improperly and triggering all the time, leading to a crazy number of cars collected.

#3721 41 days ago

Thanks for the quick reply!

That’s what I figured, picked up the game recently from the original owner.

Any way to reset it?

#3722 41 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No, it is not -- default is 10. And in fact, 321 cars collected is ... I won't say impossible, but at least wildly improbable. It's likely that one of the car targets was (or is) gapped improperly and triggering all the time, leading to a crazy number of cars collected.

That happened on mine!

#3723 41 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

Any way to reset it?

Page 10 in the manual. You can download it here if you need it :

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-10/Hot-Wheels-Manual-10-14-2021.pdf

LTG : )

#3724 41 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

This happened on mine as well. I also had an issue with the RPM targets being gapped too close when I got it. I finally took all the targets out and regapped them, no problems after that.

#3725 41 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

Any way to reset it?

No way to reset that one high score record individually. To reset all high scores to defaults, visit the service menu, Utilities > Clear High Scores.

Thanks!

#3726 41 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No way to reset that one high score record individually. To reset all high scores to defaults, visit the service menu, Utilities > Clear High Scores.
Thanks!

Appreciate your help!

But, then there goes the 3.5B game.

Not sure if resetting the Cars Collected champ is worth losing all the high scores and records.

06F2F1D6-35EE-400C-AA33-9F773560354D (resized).jpeg918D9E51-5C79-4865-AEDF-CFA050CBC94B (resized).jpeg
#3727 41 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That happened on mine!

Quoted from ita47:

This happened on mine as well. I also had an issue with the RPM targets being gapped too close when I got it. I finally took all the targets out and regapped them, no problems after that.

Did you guys reset your high scores?

#3728 41 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

Appreciate your help!
But, then there goes the 3.5B game.
Not sure if resetting the Cars Collected champ is worth losing all the high scores and records.

Yeah, I hear ya. Let's do a sanity check: how many cars are you collecting in a typical game now?

#3729 41 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

Yes and also, you should hot glue the RPM target light connector into place because mine came loose a couple times. Spooky does this. My ACNC had all the connectors hot glued into place. A small dab'll do ya.

#3730 41 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

I didn't need to.

#3731 41 days ago
Quoted from Pchristian:

Yes I did

#3732 41 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Spoke yesterday. Solution was left-to-right level.
If you're using a phone app to level, these need to be recalibrated every so often. When you're done leveling, take a single ball, reach up as far as you can centered between the flippers and let it roll. Do this several times. If the ball has an arch and goes anywhere besides straight down the middle, your leveling app is off.

#3733 41 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Same here as well. There was no place to play the game and test it out so I just watched some videos and thought 'If Greg Bone likes it, that's good enough for me.'
I do not regret make the purchase.

Quoted from brenna98:

If you're using a phone app to level, these need to be recalibrated every so often. When you're done leveling, take a single ball, reach up as far as you can centered between the flippers and let it roll. Do this several times. If the ball has an arch and goes anywhere besides straight down the middle, your leveling app is off.

Can you recommend a good leveling app?

#3734 41 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Yep, thanks for the time yesterday brenna98! AP support is the best.

#3735 41 days ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Can you recommend a good leveling app?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821

Need to make sure to calibrate on a level surface, and you have to recalibrate at times. But a great tool to have.

#3736 36 days ago

Red or yellow flipper rubbers? Discuss…

792F3CB5-E9BF-48C5-B416-2B08FE618639 (resized).jpeg
#3737 35 days ago

Try them both and keep on what you like! I'd probably vote for yellow.

Quoted from RandomRetro:

#3738 35 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

[quoted image]

I’d go with yellow. Mine came used with orange that I’m ok with. I love the OG black though. Looks like a checkered flag. Appropriate finish line for the drain.

#3739 35 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Try them both and keep on what you like! I'd probably vote for yellow.

I like that plan. I am leaning towards yellow so reds up first.

#3740 35 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I put yellow superbands on mine.

#3741 35 days ago

I saw that I was getting an error with the right flipper EOS switch. I checked it out and the switch was broken in half. Funny thing is the flipper still works as if nothing is wrong. I am changing the switch out today but why would it still be working? Am I taking crazy pills?

#3742 35 days ago

The p-roc framework has software controlled flippers (EOS is optional). EOS is only used for a re-flip if the flipper is pushed and a ball collapses the flipper.

Quoted from madamyates:

I saw that I was getting an error with the right flipper EOS switch. I checked it out and the switch was broken in half. Funny thing is the flipper still works as if nothing is wrong. I am changing the switch out today but why would it still be working? Am I taking crazy pills?

#3743 35 days ago

The p-roc framework has software controlled flippers (EOS is optional). EOS is only used for a re-flip if the flipper is pushed and a ball collapses the flipper.

Thanks, I had no idea.

The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot (resized).jpg
#3744 35 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I like that plan. I am leaning towards yellow so reds up first.

Let’s see pictures of both!

#3745 35 days ago

Not quite accurate. That is true on Houdini, but not on Hot Wheels or Oktoberfest where in addition to re-flips, the EOS is also used to cut off high power, which helps reduce excessive heat if coil settings are set higher than needed. This does mean on those games, an improperly gapped or missing EOS can cause power issues.

As far as LOV, when I initially ported over the framework improvements, there was no EOS, so not sure if the EOS behavior is same as Houdini or if after EOS was added, if it was changed to be the same as okto, HW and the last game I was working on.

#3746 34 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Let’s see pictures of both!

Both look pretty sick if you ask me!

3F85A8AD-24E3-4F5A-A034-F662DF878C5B (resized).jpegEEB7813D-8980-414F-98B0-B7FD1CDF64F6 (resized).jpeg
#3747 34 days ago

I think orange is where it's at!

PXL_20220707_034150072 (resized).jpgPXL_20220707_034202083 (resized).jpg
#3748 34 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not quite accurate. That is true on Houdini, but not on Hot Wheels or Oktoberfest where in addition to re-flips, the EOS is also used to cut off high power, which helps reduce excessive heat if coil settings are set higher than needed. This does mean on those games, an improperly gapped or missing EOS can cause power issues.
As far as LOV, when I initially ported over the framework improvements, there was no EOS, so not sure if the EOS behavior is same as Houdini or if after EOS was added, if it was changed to be the same as okto, HW and the last game I was working on.

Glad I replaced the switch.

#3749 33 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Both look pretty sick if you ask me!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the yellow. Looks fun, keeps the levity of the game, toy, cartoon. The red looks a little too serious and blends in. Hard to say. Everyone has their preference. Let us know which you decide to keep on.

#3750 33 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I like the yellow. Looks fun, keeps the levity of the game, toy, cartoon. The red looks a little too serious and blends in. Hard to say. Everyone has their preference. Let us know which you decide to keep on.

Going with yellow for a bit! They are Titans and they feel good on the game FWIW.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6,749.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
There are 3,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!