Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 85.
#3502 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I had mine ordered in July and was delivered just at the beginning of the year.

That's kind of surprising cause I put in my order in August and got it in December. I wonder if its cause I had ordered the deluxe version with knocker, shaker, and magic glass?

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

That's kind of surprising cause I put in my order in August and got it in December. I wonder if its cause I had ordered the deluxe version with knocker, shaker, and magic glass?

I got deluxe too actually. But who knows…

#3504 2 years ago

Deluxe says enhanced side rails what is this?Thx

#3506 2 years ago

Got it. Going to try this pin out. Should be here next week.

#3507 2 years ago

Wow, just had an insane game of Hot Wheels tonight.

- Almost 30 minutes long
- New race record by 1 second
- 3 Victory Lap multiballs
- 4th gear
- 7+ billion for a new GC

Did a lot of this when hitting boost at the beginning of Car Chaos, I think that multiball netted about 4.5 billion. Came one battle away from Draven.

I was getting ready to sell this one but I've been feeling it again lately. There's something nice about being to blow a game up, and there are still a couple carrots (Epic stuff and Draven) that I'm aiming for. Might swap it with someone for a bit - I did that before, and getting it back kinda rekindled my interest - so we'll see what happens. It's a fun one for sure.

20220217_215102 (resized).jpg20220217_215102 (resized).jpg20220217_215120 (resized).jpg20220217_215120 (resized).jpg
#3508 2 years ago

Nice one man! I’ve cracked 6B twice but never made it close to 7B.

Bang out that 3x or 4x tach base multiplier, then it’s really all about stacking Turbo Boost for the win. My single ball record is something like 3B because I hit a crazy Turbo Boost.

Had a sad game tonight actually. Hit 2.5B but should have been north of 4B. But every time I triggered Turbo I promptly drained. Completely wasted a Car Chaos + Turbo. I almost punched the glass the third time it happened.

I’m with you on Draven. Seems so easy in principle and practice to trigger any one battle but in practice it never seems to quite amount to 4 and 5 needed.

#3509 2 years ago

I really need to brush up on the rules. Keeping the game alive this long and hitting most of my shots but coming up with this score is no bueno.

hot wheels hs 22-02-21.jpghot wheels hs 22-02-21.jpg

Also, literally about 2B and 25 minutes of that score was on ball 1. "OK, great start, don't get in your head now. Don't choke. Don't choke. Don't... ARGHPFT!!"

#3510 2 years ago

Any production update from American pinball?
Last I heard they were waiting for cabinets (seems odd)?
Looking forward to getting my Hot Wheels!

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Any production update from American pinball?
Last I heard they were waiting for cabinets (seems odd)?
Looking forward to getting my Hot Wheels!

Cabinets are slightly different for each game, and I know at one point the cabinet shipment was for the wrong game. Regardless, I see LOV and HW games going out the door every day, but certainly not at the quantity we would all like to see.

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

but certainly not at the quantity we would all like to see.

You'll get there.

LTG : )

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Cabinets are slightly different for each game, and I know at one point the cabinet shipment was for the wrong game. Regardless, I see LOV and HW games going out the door every day, but certainly not at the quantity we would all like to see.

Thanks for the update. Waiting desperately for my HW since October 29th... nearly 4 months now instead of the 3 to 4 weeks I’ve been told by my distro at the beginning. It will be such a happy day when it finally arrives!

#3514 2 years ago

Can empathize with you all waiting for HW NIB deliveries. We had to wait 2 weeks a year ago and that was bad enough. No set day for delivery and a dodgy deliverer. We were pulling our hair out.

Our HW machines' 1st birthday, will be on the 25th of Feb., so I will post soon on our perspectives, as new rookie players, learning to play pinball and how the machine went over a years intensive play. We just luv playing this machine. It never gets boring.

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I really need to brush up on the rules. Keeping the game alive this long and hitting most of my shots but coming up with this score is no bueno.

Score is 80% keeping RPMs up, plus good timing on turbo activation and gear number working like a PF multiplier. Car Chaos is also a ridiculously lucrative mode.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Also, literally about 2B and 25 minutes of that score was on ball 1. "OK, great start, don't get in your head now. Don't choke. Don't choke. Don't... ARGHPFT!!"

Sounds like me and choking on the last Draven battle requirement trying to reach Legend MB.

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from Intruder99:

Thanks for the update. Waiting desperately for my HW since October 29th... nearly 4 months now instead of the 3 to 4 weeks I’ve been told by my distro at the beginning. It will be such a happy day when it finally arrives!

Let me guess, was it MaineHomeRec? I don't think they ever changed their webpage for hot wheels that said the expected shipping date would be 2-3 weeks after being told many times by myself and even talking to AP about it.

#3517 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

Let me guess, was it MaineHomeRec

BINGO, We have a Winner.
My paid in full date October 30th

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

BINGO, We have a Winner.
My paid in full date October 30th

I must have gotten lucky. I bought in March of 2021 from MHR and had my unit in about a week. Mind you it was drop shipped from AP. With the global supply chain being what it is currently I'm shocked any of the manufacturers are capable of shipping anything. One of the chips my company requires for our product has a 108 week lead time currently.

#3519 2 years ago

In officially in the club now. #69 July 2020.
Thus far the game is a huge hit.

Question: are there speakers on the lower part of the head. It looks like there can be but I don't hear anything from that area.

#3520 2 years ago

No speakers on the lower part of the head, only the upper part and the sub in the cab.

Quoted from JustJared:

Question: are there speakers on the lower part of the head. It looks like there can be but I don't hear anything from that area.

#3521 2 years ago

Thank you,
Any advice on how to decrease rattle? Tape?
What a out making the shaker stronger? One I played on location was powerful, mine seems weaker. Do you change the weight angle or is there a setting?
Also my right saucer is having issues ejecting, I'm sure this has been addressed before but I'm only 5 pages into the thread.

#3522 2 years ago

Rattle tape works or tie wraps with the head snipped off inserted under the glass channel plastic.

Shaker has settings for intensity and usage. try increasing intensity a little bit at a time and test it out. (Here is the manual. Table 3-1)
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-10/Hot-Wheels-Manual-10-14-2021.pdf

right saucer eject can be increased in Coil Adjustment Settings (see manual Table 3-5)

Quoted from JustJared:

Thank you,
Any advice on how to decrease rattle? Tape?
What a out making the shaker stronger? One I played on location was powerful, mine seems weaker. Do you change the weight angle or is there a setting?
Also my right saucer is having issues ejecting, I'm sure this has been addressed before but I'm only 5 pages into the thread.

#3523 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Rattle tape works or tie wraps with the head snipped off inserted under the glass channel plastic.
Shaker has settings for intensity and usage. try increasing intensity a little bit at a time and test it out. (Here is the manual. Table 3-1)
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-10/Hot-Wheels-Manual-10-14-2021.pdf
right saucer eject can be increased in Coil Adjustment Settings (see manual Table 3-5)

Thank you

#3524 2 years ago

I thought I'd just leave this here. Sad to say goodbye but it has to be done.

Machine - For Sale
Hot Wheels Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my March 2021 purchased Hot Wheels. It is the Deluxe model with shaker, knocker, and magic glass. I have also added a few more cars, pop bumper mod, Titan Rubbers, and a fe...”
2022-03-01
Highgate, VT
6,250 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 441 times

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Where did you find your number?

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

[quoted image]

To get the really silly high scores its all about getting into 3rd gear (or 4th if i’m feeling confident!) then timing turbo boost scoring (once per ball) with one of the predictable triggered multiballs - victory lap, loop crash, track builder. Battle Modes + turbo are also really lucrative. You can clear 1 billion on a turbo + loop crash if you are in 2nd or 3rd gear.

and actually just for a change of pace i played a game recently where literally all i did was constantly shoot the turbo kicker. got collateral red line manias into 4th gear, and hit 3.9 billion points overall. LOL! Thats pinball!

#3527 2 years ago

Hey can anyone direct me to a good Hot Wheels compatible YouTube guide to flipper maintenance? After like 900 plays my flipper buttons are getting a little sticky and sometimes double firing or not always holding when I want to catch or craddle the ball. Intuitively I’d guess some contacts need cleaning (QTip and rubbing alcohol?) but I figured if I’m gonna open things up maybe I can do any other flipper / button checks or preventative maintenance while I’m in there.

Also what kind of grease should I use on the shooter rod? Mines got a lot of friction. I took it apart and cleaned it but it really needs some kind of lubricant.

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

flipper maintenance?

I'd start by removing the flipper buttons. Spray them with a cleaner, 409, fantastic, etc. Rinse thoroughly and dry.

They get gummed up with dirt and sweat.

LTG : )

#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

then timing turbo boost scoring (once per ball)

Once per gear, not ball, when qualified via pops and kickback. Important to use your boost before redlining and shifting gears.

#3530 2 years ago

I cannot say enough positive things about PinballPros AR-1 tape. It allowed me to turn my sub all the way up as well as the shaker.
https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Where did you find your number?

Lower right hand corner, looking at the head, at the back of the machine.
Serial Number will be 3xxx where 3 means HW and xxx is the serial number.
The build month and year are also specified.

#3532 2 years ago

Looking to sell my HW - if you're in SoCal or just impatient and don't mind shipping drop me a line!

Machine - For Sale
Hot Wheels Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Hot Wheels by American Pinball up for grabs here! Fast and flowy, with side art and shaker installed. Basic AP topper also included. HUO, second owner. There's plenty going on with...”
2022-03-01
San Marcos, CA
6,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 713 times

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

HWL3013 = Game 13?

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

HWL3013 = Game 13?

Yep ... Game 13 off the production line.

Good thing the machine is rock solid but you never know what the machines' personality is like.
Keep us posted.

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

Thanks!

#3536 2 years ago

New «Challenge accepted»: I shall wait another 6 to 8 weeks before my HW arrive. That will sum up to 6 months...

I was told that by my distributor and that the MSRP price will increase soon but my order will be respected in full at the same price as the exceptional long delay is not on my fault. There is a casing shortage it seems. I was offered the choice to cancel and get a full refund for my 2000$ CDN deposit but I want to keep my order and get my HW «when it will be ready».

By the way, I just received my Rush LE this week so the waiting pain is less than it was... So it is now my real first NIB instead of HW. Ordered and received in less than 2 months from Stern. That is very appreciated nowadays.

#3537 2 years ago

Vale Shane Warne

Shane was a legendary Australian cricketing sportsman, who will be sadly missed.
He was found unresponsive in a villa in Thailand. Heart attack at 52.
He was larger than life, and a charismatic man. Some would say controversial.
HW dedicated a car to him in 2012.

20220305_073017 (resized).jpg20220305_073017 (resized).jpg

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Also what kind of grease should I use on the shooter rod? Mines got a lot of friction. I took it apart and cleaned it but it really needs some kind of lubricant.

Don’t use grease! It will just gum up.
Polish.
How to Improve Your SKILL SHOT

I haven’t made a flipper adjustment video yet, but I’ll send you something

#3539 2 years ago

Great vid!! Thanks!

Added over 2 years ago:

Don't know how this comment got here?

#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Don’t use grease! It will just gum up.
Polish.
How to Improve Your SKILL SHOT
I haven’t made a flipper adjustment video yet, but I’ll send you something

Thanks Dave! Got your msg. Always appreciate your quick reply. AP is the best!

#3541 2 years ago

Has anyone put Pin Stadiums in their machine? Would like to see some photos if you have them handy.

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Has anyone put Pin Stadiums in their machine? Would like to see some photos if you have them handy.

I put a couple spots at the slings, that brightened up the playfield:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/43#post-6050808

Robert

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I did. HUGE difference. It was needed as the PF was very dark.

IMG_4579 (resized).JPGIMG_4579 (resized).JPG

IMG_4578 (resized).jpgIMG_4578 (resized).jpg

#3544 2 years ago

Hot Wheels post bump (wish I had one)
Any production update from American Pinball ?

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I did. HUGE difference. It was needed as the PF was very dark.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ya, I solved that with a clamp lamp and 40 watt light bulb. $10.00.

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I will... as soon as I receive my HW !
Bought Pin stadium Neo lights since November, and they are still in there delivery box since then.
It should be at the end of April.

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, I solved that with a clamp lamp and 40 watt light bulb. $10.00.

Pic? I'm all about a 10$ fix.

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Pic? I'm all about a 10$ fix.

Well, I never installed a finished ceiling in my walkout basement because it's just too handy to have the convenience of installing clamp lamps wherever needed for everything. You just clamp them to the trusses above, off to the side so it doesn't reflect off playfield glass. A 40 watt or smaller bulb is all you need. Use warm white.

20220307_192457 (resized).jpg20220307_192457 (resized).jpg
#3549 2 years ago

Hello fellow Hot Wheelers! Just picked up the Hot Wheels that was on location at Padavan's since 2020. Thanks again Brian. I'm in the process of setting up and tweaking the game in my basement. Wanted to ask other owners if their orbit magnet sticks up like mine. I have 2 pics showing it protruding and getting wear on the sides from the ball travel. Doesn't seem to hurt the game play at all but seems like something that can create premature wear on the pinballs and metal debris over the long term. I also included a picture of my first mod, which is replacing one of the stock Hot Wheels with an Obscure 1977 Oldsmobile. I can forsee a future where all the stock cars get replaced with random cars that catch my attention.

20220313_162911 (resized).jpg20220313_162911 (resized).jpg20220313_162748 (resized).jpg20220313_162748 (resized).jpg20220313_162827 (resized).jpg20220313_162827 (resized).jpg
#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from geet84:

Hello fellow Hot Wheelers! Just picked up the Hot Wheels that was on location at Padavan's since 2020. Thanks again Brian. I'm in the process of setting up and tweaking the game in my basement. Wanted to ask other owners if their orbit magnet sticks up like mine. I have 2 pics showing it protruding and getting wear on the sides from the ball travel. Doesn't seem to hurt the game play at all but seems like something that can create premature wear on the pinballs and metal debris over the long term. I also included a picture of my first mod, which is replacing one of the stock Hot Wheels with an Obscure 1977 Oldsmobile. I can forsee a future where all the stock cars get replaced with random cars that catch my attention.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes. That looks like someone took a hammer to that thing which is odd as the lane looks good. I'd contact Dave Brennen at API and see if he can help you out. That magnet may be an early run and replaceable. Outside of that, I assume the part couldn't be too expensive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/71?hl=smitherssp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.