975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 85.
#3451 2 years ago

I have a question ....
How exactly does team play work?
I'm either stupid ,slow or both but I don't get it.

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

BudManPinFan
I received my deluxe Hot Wheels a few weeks ago. Mine has a shaker, invisible glass, side rails, and the topper.

Thanks! I was curious to know what options were included, I didn’t figure there were any differences in the art.

#3453 2 years ago

Hello Everybody - I just purchased my Hot Wheels and love it. Does anybody know where I can get a shaker for it? Everybody seems out of stock.

Thanks - Jeff

#3454 2 years ago

Such an accurate review!

Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Hot Wheels is a very friendly family game that is silly and loads of fun. My wife doesn’t play it, but she did not object to the theme. The game is so awesome on so many levels. The shots are tight, but not frustrating like other games. The best part about the game is that it is super easy to understand the rules and my mind always changes what I want to go for. Sometimes I just want to do the race. Other times I go for battle modes. Then I switch my focus and try to raise the gears by hitting the RPM targets to build up the tachometer which results in Redline Mania which never gets old. The game is so awesome and it is my only pin in my house. And I play it constantly. It is super tough to get through all battles to face Draven. The other great thing about the game is there are so many unique multiballs. Loop crash is my favorite trying to hit the ball off the magnet emulating Criss Cross Crash. Victory in a race is so fun trying to hit all the shots if you make it to the checkered flag and it is timed to try to get the fastest time which can get highly addictive. Track Multiball is easy to start at first but then it gets tougher because you have to get more pieces to build the track. The game is coded so well and it also has co-op mode. If I had a choice which game is more fun I would have to say Hot Wheels over Mandalorian. I was on the fence too and for the value, level of craftsmanship, and enticing gameplay you can’t go wrong with an American Pinball Hot Wheels to add to your collection. And on top of that, I am the only person who has Hot Wheels in my area with eight people who already have Godzilla. My main reason to get an American Pinball game was I was impressed with their customer service, the art work was awesome, and the value and price point you can’t beat compared to other pinball companies. The game is built like a tank and the light show is mesmerizing without the cost of a boutique game. If you want to talk more about the game or have questions feel free to PM me on Pinside.

#3455 2 years ago

6 months after I lent it out, I finally got Hot Wheels home again. After damaging it at the show, this weekend is a cabinet redecal and then some time with it is in order.

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I have a question ....
How exactly does team play work?
I'm either stupid ,slow or both but I don't get it.

Make sure you are on the beta code 21/10/24
Make sure it is enabled in settings (settings->standard->Team Play Allowed)
You can confirm it is enabled by holding right flipper in attract for a couple of seconds and you will see the info about the team play.
With right flipper button held in, press start for the number of players like you would normally.
Then on each players turn they can choose which team they want to be on by pressing either the left or right flipper.
Since player select team on their first ball, you can hit start after the game starts to add players.

#3457 2 years ago

May seem like a dumb question but how do you typically check if your pinballs are magnetized?

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

May seem like a dumb question but how do you typically check if your pinballs are magnetized?

Dave did a video on this for Oktoberfest, he shows one method for checking for this in the first couple of minutes . . .

#3459 2 years ago

Just to add to @rosh’s notes about Team Play… once you start it up, players on a team share both score as well as game progress. So for example, if you’ve always wanted to get to Battle Draven but it’s a little too hard on your own, you can team up with a buddy (or 2 or 3!) and have a better chance of reaching that goal.

Have fun!

#3460 2 years ago

Added the headphone Jack mod today, works great!

11307B85-070B-4AE1-8CD2-50C913F5E07F (resized).jpeg11307B85-070B-4AE1-8CD2-50C913F5E07F (resized).jpeg
#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Added the headphone Jack mod today, works great!
[quoted image]

Nice! I wonder if there is such a thing as a bluetooth audio broadcast dongle? Could do the whole thing wirelessly.

Also how the heck do you nail the skillshot with thay crazy car stuck on the end of your plunger?!?

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Nice! I wonder if there is such a thing as a bluetooth audio broadcast dongle? Could do the whole thing wirelessly.
Also how the heck do you nail the skillshot with thay crazy car stuck on the end of your plunger?!?

I was thinking the same thing while installing, shouldn’t this be Bluetooth? The car is actually easy to shoot.

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Just to add to rosh’s notes about Team Play… once you start it up, players on a team share both score as well as game progress. So for example, if you’ve always wanted to get to Battle Draven but it’s a little too hard on your own, you can team up with a buddy (or 2 or 3!) and have a better chance of reaching that goal.

Thanks I now understand...

#3464 2 years ago

Is it just me, or is completing a race pretty difficult? I still haven’t completed one but getting pretty close.

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Is it just me, or is completing a race pretty difficult? I still haven’t completed one but getting pretty close.

RandomRetro Getting to and battling Draven is harder for me . Patience is the key. It is like a lot of pinball shots and progressions just a matter of practicing getting the shots right. Just keep playing and practice just going for race mode shots and you will get it. Good luck!

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Its just sequential Orbit and loop shots. You can complete the race pretty fast if you know how to trap and pass the ball from one flipper to the other.

I think the race also stacks with some multiballs, maybe Loop Crash or Track Builder. My 10 yr old kid stacked something because he holds the record on our machine for completing the race in 3:10.

#3467 2 years ago

Advancing the race should be disabled during any other multiball.

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

RandomRetro Getting to and battling Draven is harder for me . Patience is the key. It is like a lot of pinball shots and progressions just a matter of practicing getting the shots right. Just keep playing and practice just going for race mode shots and you will get it. Good luck!

Yeah, I still just brick a too many shots or hit weak shots for left loop or right ramp. But will get there and will enjoy the Victory multiball!

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Glad you received your Hot Wheels. I've ordered a deluxe and paid in full in October. Hopefully I'll receive mine soon, or get some kind of update.

I can relate to this. Ordered mine since October 29th... I hope it will be delivered this month ! I would appreciate some «New News» about this but it seems so secret. I will be so happy to get mine, I can’t imagine how happy I will be that day and then after.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Advancing the race should be disabled during any other multiball.

Huh, crazy. Guess the kid just nailed that one, and has the highscore to prove it!

#3471 2 years ago

Excellent. Now y’all have the ongoing challenge of whittling down the time.

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Excellent. Now y’all have the ongoing challenge of whittling down the time.

Mostly we're just chasing Draven these days, both solo and in teams. It's weirdly hard to get the four battles going in one game! I think shooting for the BATTLE targets gets the ball floating horizontally, and that leads to the outlanes.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I have had my HW for almost a year now. I have been putting up scores of ~1B on the regular however car chaos remains elusive. To my knowledge no one has ever even entered the mode on my machine. Is there something I should check out from a diagnostic standpoint or do I simply need to improve my game?

Play a four player co-op game and you will get there LOL!

BTW, thanks American! Co-op is awesome! Hotwheels is a favorite at my house because of it!!

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Get the mystery awards (question Mark when lit), they often move you up several places in the race.

8769b6b0ce124296833dea47ec1d495c925d57e6 (resized).jpg8769b6b0ce124296833dea47ec1d495c925d57e6 (resized).jpg
#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Mostly we're just chasing Draven these days, both solo and in teams. It's weirdly hard to get the four battles going in one game! I think shooting for the BATTLE targets gets the ball floating horizontally, and that leads to the outlanes.

Dravin is a bitch!!

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

Well, on my ACNC, the balls literally stuck together and would not roll down the flipper after a cradle! I thought I was loosing it at first!
It was the reason the computer was loosing balls, as the balls would not set down on the trough switches correctly because they were sticking to each other. Turned out to be a set of a defective run of balls.

#3477 2 years ago

I know a lot of people aren't fans of pinball toppers but I like them. I wasn't happy with the stock topper on Hot Wheels so I made my own. It came out pretty nice and I think my theme worked pretty well.

IMG_3385 (resized).JPEGIMG_3385 (resized).JPEGIMG_3406 (resized).JPEGIMG_3406 (resized).JPEGIMG_3408 (resized).JPEGIMG_3408 (resized).JPEGIMG_3420 (resized).JPEGIMG_3420 (resized).JPEG
#3478 2 years ago

Making your own (one off) topper is great and fun at the same time. Plus it give you a good feeling when you look up when playing. That looks really good.

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

It came out pretty nice and I think my theme worked pretty well.

Turned out very nice. Who can not like a Hooters helmet.

Thank you for sharing.

LTG : )

#3480 2 years ago

Hobby Lobby

Screenshot_20220209-203306_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-203306_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Get the mystery awards (question Mark when lit), they often move you up several places in the race.[quoted image]

Won my first race finally, 5:11. Used mystery once to advance help for sure! Now to get sub 5.

#3482 2 years ago

Hobby Lobby has had all kinds of Hot Wheels themed items for sometime in stock. Good place to go to help decorate your pin room.

#3483 2 years ago

I've had my Hot Wheels for a year now. This is what I have for games played. Such a great pinball to play. Challenging every time. I'm no pro,but this pin is a lot of fun.

20220211_233146 (resized).jpg20220211_233146 (resized).jpg
#3484 2 years ago

Anyone ever have to put in for a service ticket? I was told to do that for an issue of my flippers and ball eject losing power, I emailed and put the ticket in about a week ago and haven't had a response yet. I know people get busy and things pop up but was just wondering the typical time frame for response.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from jmatlack:

Hello Everybody - I just purchased my Hot Wheels and love it. Does anybody know where I can get a shaker for it? Everybody seems out of stock.
Thanks - Jeff

I would like to add a shaker and side rails to mine. The side rails are in stock at the moment but the shaker isn't. Is there any difference in the shaker motors? I have a new shaker for a Stern Spike in stock that I'm not using. If it would work that would be awesome!

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I would like to add a shaker and side rails to mine. The side rails are in stock at the moment but the shaker isn't. Is there any difference in the shaker motors? I have a new shaker for a Stern Spike in stock that I'm not using. If it would work that would be awesome!

The AP shaker literally rocks my machine. I had to tone it down a lot to keep the glass from rattling but I love it. They did a great job of coding it in with gameplay.

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I did it in 1:48, factory settings

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Anyone ever have to put in for a service ticket? I was told to do that for an issue of my flippers and ball eject losing power, I emailed and put the ticket in about a week ago and haven't had a response yet. I know people get busy and things pop up but was just wondering the typical time frame for response.

You shouldn't be waiting long, these guys are really good with helping people out. I am sure someone will chime in soon to help you out.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

You shouldn't be waiting long, these guys are really good with helping people out. I am sure someone will chime in soon to help you out.

Calling during biz hours works too for a quick response. They are on point with helping folks out.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

They are quicker than that. Crap happens. Some of their people post here. Send them a PM with the ticket number so they can look into it.

Send PMs to rosh Ferret Vegas9 and their tech guy Dave brenna98

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are quicker than that. Crap happens. Some of their people post here. Send them a PM with the ticket number so they can look into it.
Send PMs to rosh Ferret Vegas9 and their tech guy Dave brenna98

Respecting people's downtime of course

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Respecting people's downtime of course

Not for tech support. Any of them gets a PM and reads it, they can kick it up the ladder to help the customer.

#3493 2 years ago

Not Vegas9 anymore unfortunately, he flew the coop.

Sorry, I don’t have access to the ticketing system, but brenna98 will probably swoop in to help soon.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not Vegas9 anymore unfortunately, he flew the coop.

I'll update my list. Thank you.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Call them. Wonderful on the phone. I have emailed many times concluded they filter new email to spam. Clearly, there are a few items Dave still needs to Fix.

#3496 2 years ago

It's tricky to finish the race at first, gets much easier after dialing in shot timings, obviously. Learning the right ramp shot is a big deal on this table since it's needed for the race and used in the four main creature battles, plus other things like the Ramps Epic Feature and various MB jackpot shots.

For shot options, it's possible to backhand the left ramp/orbit, left loop, and the left saucer. I also get less rattle rejects out of the left loop with backhands. I can backhand the right ramp sometimes, but it barely squeaks around the top arc of the ramp and more often drops out of the loop or rolls back. I could probably bump up the right flipper power from 25 to 26, although I prefer to keep my settings at stock for when I play tables on location.

The right flipper can backhand the kickback shot, although it's a really tight shot because it's a narrow opening as it is. The right orbit and right saucer, no, although it might be possible with a rolling backhand which I honestly haven't tried.

Quoted from RYE_:

I think the race also stacks with some multiballs, maybe Loop Crash or Track Builder. My 10 yr old kid stacked something because he holds the record on our machine for completing the race in 3:10.

You can stack the starts of Loop Crash and Victory Lap which turns them into a 5-ball MB mode. Track Builder doesn't stack with other MBs, although it's possible to qualify, start, and collect Epic Features in all the MB modes except RLM, though. It's nice to have a MB safety net for doing the cars epic.

Quoted from Photopin:

The AP shaker literally rocks my machine. I had to tone it down a lot to keep the glass from rattling but I love it. They did a great job of coding it in with gameplay.

There's software options to drop the frequency/duration, although it's possible to tone down the intensity of the shaking by adjusting the arm weights on the motor spindle: https://flipstream.org/articles/blog

#3497 2 years ago

Anyone else waiting for an American Pinball game.
Supply chain/parts? There seems to be a delay in production. Anyone have any insight?
Can’t wait to get my Hot Wheels!

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Supply chain/parts? There seems to be a delay in production. Anyone have any insight?

I had mine ordered in July and was delivered just at the beginning of the year. Well worth the wait. And FWIW I have been waiting longer for Mandalorian. NIB is a waiting game.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Check out Rosh's comments on the Legends of Valhalla thread.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

put in for a service ticket? I was told to do that for an issue of my flippers and ball eject losing power, I emailed and put the ticket in about a week ago and haven't had a response yet.

I have seen no ticket or email from you.
I usually get back to people 24hrs or less if sent to the correct place and during the work week.
Tickets: https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 833-API-HELP

Please try submitting the ticket again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.