975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 85.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Creative game designer? Have you played the Apollo 13 rocket,Simpsons couch,Houdini trunk shot,Oktoberfest coaster! It may not be flowy for your liking but the most creative and innovative designer ever to take chances in pinball. Forgot to mention he designed Houdini in weeks not months. Everyone else plays it safe or rehashes old ideas.
It looks to me Hot Wheels had to be simplified without the great wow design innovations in order to appease the public of a flowy fan layout game like all the rest. You may like this one?

That's very typical, everyone says they want something different until they get it then they complain and go buy another fan layout game. I have nothing against fan layouts and own / have owned several of them that I think are a blast but in a collection some odd shots and different geometries are great to have IMO. They said that they purposely scaled HW down to get a lower price point and to try to appeal to operators and more family friendly places so it makes sense that the layout is simplified. I doubt I'd buy this game but I sure as hell do want to play it and would certainly dump some money in one on location.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is there a video yet? Cant find it.

No stream yet. Soon per jack danger.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Everyone keeps talking about the theme and wether or not they can relate to it.
Just curious what your thoughts are on Dialed In? The guy with his arm in the air like its a revolution and Crazy Bob's lottery! Like if they threw a typewriter in somewhere for the hell of it would it matter? Hahaha! WTF?

There’s a lot of good games with bad themes. Dialed in is one for sure. WOZ another. Not knocking those 2 games as I love them both. I’m excited for hot wheels. Is there a stream tonight?

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

but isn’t that the whole raison d’etre of Pinside - to way overthink stuff that’s otherwise not so important ?

Ha! You have me there.

#255 3 years ago

for you guys, about the stream tonight :

... https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/249921613000610/

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. And the sales of dialed in reflected the poor theme choice.

and its pity... as DI is for sure one of the best pinball ever created...

#257 3 years ago

I love shooting it, just never grabbed me.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a lot of good games with bad themes. Dialed in is one for sure. WOZ another. Not knocking those 2 games as I love them both. I’m excited for hot wheels. Is there a stream tonight?

Why is woz a bad theme?

#259 3 years ago

Hope he streams this tonight! Really excited to see what API has done here!

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hot Wheels DEEP DIVE on This Week in Pinball coming soon!!
[quoted image]

TWIP is working on something.

#261 3 years ago

We need to 'pump the breaks' on the rumor of a Hot Wheels stream tonight. We are VERY excited to show you what I believe is our BEST game yet. The stream will be happening soon, but it is not tonight. Stay tuned!

-Michael

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

We need to 'pump the breaks' on the rumor of a Hot Wheels stream tonight. We are VERY excited to show you what I believe is our BEST game yet. The stream will be happening soon, but it is not tonight. Stay tuned!
-Michael

I hope you are right and The game turn out great.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

We are VERY excited to show you what I believe is our BEST game yet.

I think Oktoberfest is pretty darn good, but looking forward this for sure! Hard to beat such a strategic ruleset on a pretty unique playfield.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

-Michael

Looking forward to it!

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I think Oktoberfest is pretty darn good, but looking forward this for sure! Hard to beat such a strategic ruleset on a pretty unique playfield.

Hard to argue with that. So many ways to play Oktoberfest.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

-Michael

But..... Pinside rumored that the rumor stream would be true so it Must be true. Look forward to announcements as the company is ready.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But..... Pinside rumored that the rumor stream would be true so it Must be true. Look forward to announcements as the company is ready.

I think that was due to Jack Danger posting yesterday in front of one, and Saturday seems to be a big night for pinball streamers.

My guess is....Monday? Can't wait to see, then PLAY it..!!!

Hope it happens soon.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

-Michael

I am really looking forward to it.
Please dont use Facebook. Stream it on twitch or something.

#269 3 years ago

snif (it didn't happends yesterday night)

but OK we'll wait (but not too much lol)

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

snif (it didn't happends yesterday night)

but OK we'll wait (but not too much lol)

They did post their new address on Facebook. The new building.

So maybe a future Expo or something we'll get a tour.

LTG : )

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They did post their new address on Facebook. The new building.

So maybe a future Expo or something we'll get a tour.

It's nice. The lobby and offices are too clean to be a pinball factory! Need a bunch of us grubby heathens to roll through and track some dirt in.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The lobby and offices are too clean to be a pinball factory!

I haven't seen the new place. The old one was amazingly spotless and clean.

Quoted from yancy:

Need a bunch of us grubby heathens to roll through and track some dirt in.

Maybe they'll have a mini car wash type set up and run tour groups through it before entering.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't seen the new place. The old one was amazingly spotless and clean.

Maybe they'll have a mini car wash type set up and run tour groups through it before entering.

HW Wash (resized).pngHW Wash (resized).png
#274 3 years ago

Has there been any update or status on progress of game play code since the soft unveil? I would assume with the shutdown this continued just curious.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Has there been any update or status on progress of game play code since the soft unveil? I would assume with the shutdown this continued just curious.

Rosh has been working on code for months and tweaking.

#277 3 years ago

Awesome to hear!!!! I call Christopher at #KingPinGames daily hoping to hear its time lol. He loves weekend updates!

#278 3 years ago

Ok. Honest question. And please keep in mind this is just pinball and we all have different experiences. For all the people that complain that this is too much of a kid theme...
A) Aren't your kids the ones that are actually spending the most time playing your pinball machines? I like pinball and when I haven't played a game in 2 or three weeks I try to go down and play for 15 or 20 min, but our basement, the games, movies, playstation etc is for our kids. They are the ones down there everyday playing. You know, because they don't have jobs and responsibilities and what not.
My kids are the ones that ask me about new games and what other machines we can get. Their enjoyment is the only way I would ever justify spending as much money as pinball requires. They are there ones constantly asking me about pinball, and not a week goes by that they aren't asking about hot wheels.
B) if hot wheels is a kid theme, can we all agree that so are tmnt, dead pool, spider man, jetsons, batman, wonka, and ghostbusters? I just feel like 25% of pinball has always been themes for little kids.

Like I said, I'm not judging anyone. We ALL make up this hobby and I know we are all different. I'm glad we are all here, so keep doing you.
I am just surprised by the amount of this hobby that is comprised of adults that by these games for themselves. This is primarily because pre pinside I knew 4 guys that owned pinball machines and all of them just bought them as a thing to have in their basement when they remodeled. None of them ever actually played pinball. It was just down there for their kids and when they had company.

#279 3 years ago

I've played my collection by myself almost exclusively for the 14 years I've been in the hobby Majicman. I have an 18 year old son I've tried to get interested in pinball, but he's always been 100% into his X-Boxes and Playstations. I do have great parties with my adult friends who stop by to play pinball a few times a year. So all this for me, for better or worse.

#280 3 years ago
image 85 (resized).pngimage 85 (resized).png
#281 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

A) Aren't your kids the ones that are actually spending the most time playing your pinball machines?

Uh, no. This is not a kid-centric hobby for me. I've played/collected for 20+ years and only the last 2.5 years involved a kid. It's 100% my thing.

Quoted from majicman110:

B) if hot wheels is a kid theme, can we all agree that so are tmnt, dead pool, spider man, jetsons, batman, wonka, and ghostbusters? I just feel like 25% of pinball has always been themes for little kids.

Sure. We are all giant man-children. Drawing the line at calling Hot Wheels a kid theme, but not the others, is ridiculous.

#282 3 years ago

Assembly in progress. I'm ready to hit the road for a look see.

#283 3 years ago

In on a preorder of one of these. Can’t wait and my boys are going to freak out!

#284 3 years ago

Other manufacturers should take note of your usage of the pinball universe side blade protectors! Kudos on that!

#285 3 years ago

I was able to head out and play pinball last night at my favorite bowling alley, and Oktoberfest was our favorite game to play.

Really, really excited to check Hot Wheels out soon!

#286 3 years ago

Really want to play one before putting money down. But the theme has me. My son is a huge hotwheels fan.

#287 3 years ago

Tune in THIS SATURDAY at 5:00 pm CST for a Game-Play livestream reveal from Dead Flip hosted by Jack Danger!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=265853971399636

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Tune in THIS SATURDAY at 5:00 pm CST for a Game-Play livestream reveal from Dead Flip hosted by Jack Danger!

Looking forward to seeing this in action!

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Great news! Looking forward to it

#290 3 years ago

Definitely want to see it in action. Going to buy my next new pin soon and was looking at this game over a new stern.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assembly in progress. I'm ready to hit the road for a look see.

Just let me know when, you have an open invite to our home arcade and all the food you can eat. Hoping Hot Wheels will be here by your arrival!

PS. You can work on my JJP coin door if you get bored. lol

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Ok.
B) if hot wheels is a kid theme, can we all agree that so are tmnt, dead pool, spider man, jetsons, batman, wonka, and ghostbusters?

Agreed on jetson and tmnt, not on the rest.
I think family themes such as woz and wonka are great (Well not The creepy side of wonka in the novel).
As an adult i'd love a Coco pin for example. For me personally there is nothing in a hot wheels(to kiddie) or tmnt pin(was 18 or so when it was popular, but I can see some attraktion, for thoose half a gen younger)

Hot Wheels is like duplo lego.

That said. I hope it' s a hit. Feel like this company deserves it, but for me, it will certainly not be a hit because of theme.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just let me know when, you have an open invite to our home arcade and all the food you can eat. Hoping Hot Wheels will be here by your arrival!
PS. You can work on my JJP coin door if you get bored. lol

Well, heck, you guys are both invited to my place out west too. We might as well do the API country tour

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:B) if hot wheels is a kid theme, can we all agree that so are tmnt, dead pool, spider man, jetsons, batman, wonka, and ghostbusters? I just feel like 25% of pinball has always been themes for little kids.

Agreed, though I think 25% is too low. Some are more low age themes (TMNT, hot wheels) some a bit more towards teenagers (superheroes) and we as adults are allowed to have nostalgic feelings towards those, or to like those themes even without nostalgia. I think even some 'grown up' themes have very immature things in them ( 'snake vomit': cool for 15 year olds). That's ok. I like these toys (pinballgames), but I've never understood people who think that Black Knight is cool and mature and tmnt is too childish, woz is too gay, etc..

One theme fits you, the other doesn't. Most themes I don't really like. I don't care a bit for themes like X-men, Spiderman, Hot Wheels, Kiss, WOZ, TMNT, GOTG, GOT, Avengers, Iron Man, DI, WOF, ...I can go on and on, there are way more themes I don't really like as a standalone theme than ones I like....but most of the times I like them in a pinball machine anyway!

More on topic: great to see those Hot Wheel-games lined up!

#295 3 years ago

it will be long to wait for saturday...

#296 3 years ago

I'm excited about the stream! Unfortunately, it's a terrible time for me on Saturday so I'll have to watch The replay.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Unfortunately, it's a terrible time for me on Saturday so I'll have to watch The replay.

Yeah, weekends are bad for me too. At least on weekday afternoons I'm already parked at a desk. Replay it is!

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Ok. Honest question. And please keep in mind this is just pinball and we all have different experiences. For all the people that complain that this is too much of a kid theme...
A) Aren't your kids the ones that are actually spending the most time playing your pinball machines? I like pinball and when I haven't played a game in 2 or three weeks I try to go down and play for 15 or 20 min, but our basement, the games, movies, playstation etc is for our kids. They are the ones down there everyday playing. You know, because they don't have jobs and responsibilities and what not.
My kids are the ones that ask me about new games and what other machines we can get. Their enjoyment is the only way I would ever justify spending as much money as pinball requires. They are there ones constantly asking me about pinball, and not a week goes by that they aren't asking about hot wheels.
Like I said, I'm not judging anyone. We ALL make up this hobby and I know we are all different. I'm glad we are all here, so keep doing you.
I am just surprised by the amount of this hobby that is comprised of adults that by these games for themselves. This is primarily because pre pinside I knew 4 guys that owned pinball machines and all of them just bought them as a thing to have in their basement when they remodeled. None of them ever actually played pinball. It was just down there for their kids and when they had company.

I don't have kids and I'll never have kids, will soon be adding Stern JP and Stern TMNT to my collection because they both strike straight at my nostalgia.
If I did have kids perhaps they'd influence my opinion and a Wonka, Shrek or Hot Wheels might be considered, but the themes don't do anything for me personally and I don't have em so nope.

You can call TMNT kiddy, won't stop me buying one

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, weekends are bad for me too. At least on weekday afternoons I'm already parked at a desk. Replay it is!

Nice to know that after getting to play it for it an hour, that you are looking forward to seeing more of it.

#300 3 years ago

Yeah, it was fun! Now I want to see someone who's actually good blow it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/6?hl=wipinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.