20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 86.
#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Did a mild mod to the ramp standoffs and plastic mounting screws/nuts all over the game. These come in all kinds of colors but are a bit pricey.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent!

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

Being new to pinball, we find it difficult to see the screen as we are learning the ability to glance at it and still control the ball without letting it drain.
So we normally call out to each other when the turbo is active, automatically now, so some indication on the playfield tacho would be most helpful to us. Wondering what others think?
Also, being old fellas we like the sound down low. I'm slightly deaf as well which doesn't help.

We call this person a "Spotter". The ultimate Spotter required game is probably The Hobbit! When you get good at the game, you'll manage on your own.

#3353 2 years ago

Team Weazel, two of us, managed to topple the factory TGR (The Great Racer?) of their perch. Me a month ago with 4min 17secs and yesterday, my other half managed 4 mins flat. We are definitely getting better after 10 months of intensive training.

We're wondering what ARI means for the factory wizard name. A Real I....( expert) ?

#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

We're wondering what ARI means for the factory wizard name. A Real I....( expert) ?

Ari was our key point of contact at Mattel. She went above and beyond in getting us the cars for car collecting, expediting approvals within Mattel, getting us other assets, as well as many other things. Ferret and I could think of no better way to show our appreciation, than making her the Hot Wheels legend. Since they have a Hot Wheels in their office, it also let everyone there know how much we appreciated her.

#3355 2 years ago

Along the same lines as what rosh just wrote, the default Epic Champion is RUSS, who was another one of our terrific contacts at Mattel. And the default Victory Lap Champion is ROG, the legendary Roger Sharpe, who was a tireless intermediary between American Pinball and Mattel (not to mention chock full of great wisdom and advice throughout the entire project).

#3356 2 years ago

I know we’re in beta code, but my Hot Wheels is on location and I wish the Team Play was better explained. In fact, it isn’t explained or advertised at all (unless I’m missing it). Are there plans on doing this if team play is enabled? Thanks

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

I know we’re in beta code, but my Hot Wheels is on location and I wish the Team Play was better explained. In fact, it isn’t explained or advertised at all (unless I’m missing it). Are there plans on doing this if team play is enabled? Thanks

When team play is enabled in settings there is a screen in attract that explains how to initiate team play when starting a game.

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

When team play is enabled in settings there is a screen in attract that explains how to initiate team play when starting a game.

Ok, I did see the screen yesterday; and I understand why I missed it now. Bottom line, I still think this could be better advertised. I’m not sure what the solution is. Maybe repeat every 4 screens or so and make TEAM PLAY text bigger or something? I’m just thinking this is a newer mostly unique feature that could draw in potential players. Just my $0.02.

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Ok, I did see the screen yesterday; and I understand why I missed it now. Bottom line, I still think this could be better advertised. I’m not sure what the solution is. Maybe repeat every 4 screens or so and make TEAM PLAY text bigger or something? I’m just thinking this is a newer mostly unique feature that could draw in potential players. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the input. We will give it more thought, like everything in pinball it is all about finding the right balance.

If you want to promote it, one thing you could do is to put a note where the instruction card is or a sign on top of the head that says "hold right flipper to learn about team play!", which will then jump to that screen in attract.

#3360 2 years ago

"Team Play" is one of the biggest reason I purchased Hot Wheels. I hope my machine is on the line and getting shipped sooooooooon.
My Next game will be Octoberfest as soon as I receive Hot Wheels.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

"Team Play" is one of the biggest reason I purchased Hot Wheels. I hope my machine is on the line and getting shipped sooooooooon.
My Next game will be Octoberfest as soon as I receive Hot Wheels.

You are going to absolutely love Oktoberfest. Make sure you get the deluxe version as the shaker, knocker, and magic glass are a must on this pin.

#3362 2 years ago

I decided to make a sticker and use it as a better looking topper.

It looks a lot like the translite... maybe too much?

Robert

IMG_20211218_121714957 (resized).jpgIMG_20211218_121714957 (resized).jpg

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I decided to make a sticker and use it as a better looking topper.
It looks a lot like the translite... maybe too much?
Robert
[quoted image]

Maybe. Still looks good. If you put a light on it or a color changing light on it that would look cool. It is your machine so whatever you think is what matters .

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If you want to promote it, one thing you could do is to put a note where the instruction card is or a sign on top of the head that says "hold right flipper to learn about team play!", which will then jump to that screen in attract.

We almost had the same idea. Let’s see if this helps increase our numbers

0AC94CC6-F152-422A-9591-53A9D9ABB5F4 (resized).jpeg0AC94CC6-F152-422A-9591-53A9D9ABB5F4 (resized).jpeg
#3365 2 years ago

I can tell you form experience that HotWheels is an unbelievably awesome game! I've had it for 14 months and myself and everyone on my league (roughly 10 people) that come over on a regular basis absolutely love this game! It is a masterpiece of design and programming! Americans best (although I haven't played the new one yet). Lucky for me, nobody else in the area has one! But it's the best value in Pinball hands down and you should consider it!
Cheers!

#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I can tell you form experience that HotWheels is an unbelievably awesome game! I've had it for 14 months and myself and everyone on my league (roughly 10 people) that come over on a regular basis absolutely love this game! It is a masterpiece of design and programming! Americans best (although I haven't played the new one yet). Lucky for me, nobody else in the area has one! But it's the best value in Pinball hands down and you should consider it!
Cheers!

I agree with everything you said. My only machine and first NIB and I love it.

#3367 2 years ago

I am in serious consideration buying a nib Hot Wheels. Played the game a number of times on location and that is the reason I am considering it. I expected little but really enjoyed it. So a little feedback is needed from owners. First do you have the game has that just one more game feeling and want it to be part of your collection for a long time. Second I have owned a number of Stern games some reliable some not. The only nib game I have owned I bought in 2015 Kiss and the game has had awesome reliability. I do understand you need to maintain. How has HOT WHEELS for reliability? Feel free to give any additional feedback you may have about your ownership. Thanks!

#3368 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

I am in serious consideration buying a nib Hot Wheels. Played the game a number of times on location and that is the reason I am considering it. I expected little but really enjoyed it. So a little feedback is needed from owners. First do you have the game has that just one more game feeling and want it to be part of your collection for a long time. Second I have owned a number of Stern games some reliable some not. The only nib game I have owned I bought in 2015 Kiss and the game has had awesome reliability. I do understand you need to maintain. How has HOT WHEELS for reliability? Feel free to give any additional feedback you may have about your ownership. Thanks!

@Tgr81dk,
I was an early adopter and have had the game in my collection as my first NIB game- it isn't going anywhere.
Most of the things that needed to be tweaked have been improved since early release of the game - you can follow the Hot Wheels threads for changes and fixes.
Machine is solid - for home use I love it and people preferred it over Avengers Infinity Quest - which was another reason as much as I loved AIQ I sold it.
You shouldn't need to do heavy maintenance on it for awhile for home use but when you do, at least once a week remove the glass and check the playing field, wax it and check the switches.
There are still some coding fixes/upgrades coming in but that is true for all NIB machines these days. Game is solid with a lot of modes.
I play pinball for fun - not so much competition mode - and it is a genuinely fun game to play. You can play it for a five minute game or plan an afternoon to try and work on getting through beating all the monsters and Draven or any other challenge.
You probably should play it some more before buying ultimately it is your decision and you will need to live with it .

Good luck with whatever decision you decide

#3369 2 years ago

I am in serious consideration buying a nib Hot Wheels. Played the game a number of times on location and that is the reason I am considering it. I expected little but really enjoyed it. So a little feedback is needed from owners. First do you have the game has that just one more game feeling and want it to be part of your collection for a long time.

It absolutely has that "one more game" factor, and was the big reason I ended up buying the table. Hot Wheels is incredibly fun with very accessible rules, and gives enough of a challenge to reach Legend MB to keep players busy for quite some time. GOTY 2020, no doubt.

Second I have owned a number of Stern games some reliable some not. The only nib game I have owned I bought in 2015 Kiss and the game has had awesome reliability. I do understand you need to maintain. How has HOT WHEELS for reliability? Feel free to give any additional feedback you may have about your ownership. Thanks!

I've had to do very little to the machine out of the box. The original ground loop isolator between the CPU and the speaker amp was bad in my cabinet, and I had to swap the left and right speaker wires coming out of the amp since they were reversed. I suspect neither will be an issue for new cabinets.

I also swapped out the original foam backing on the three front Car and R-P-M targets since the stock foam is too soft and causes a lot of air balls. API sells replacement foam pads, or you can use window weatherstripping foam; both work great after adjusting the leaf switches. I also had to replace the sticker for the yellow car target since the original broke in half and came off the target. Replacement sheets are also available through API and comes with a full set of R-P-M and Car target stickers.

Ongoing, the wires driving the R-P-M inserts come loose every fifty games or so and I need to plug it back into the board. The wire harness is a little too short to bend and somewhat stiff, so the bundle wants to straighten out which works to unseat the connector. I need to put a dab or two of hot glue on the connector since I haven't seen a good way to use zip-ties to hold it in place.

Other than weird one-off things that can happen in shipping or manufacturing, it's a solid machine and I'm surprised more operators don't route Hot Wheels.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I need to put a dab or two of hot glue on the connector since I haven't seen a good way to use zip-ties to hold it in place.

push the U of the RPM light connector down and zip tie to the stand-up target wires next to it. This will provide strain relief.
If getting a NIB game, this will already be done.

Hotwheels - zip tie add for RPM target LED connector (resized).jpegHotwheels - zip tie add for RPM target LED connector (resized).jpeg
#3371 2 years ago

I randomly have games where the flippers just go dead. Any idea what would be causing it?

#3372 2 years ago

I have a March 2021 build and it's been super reliable through about 800 plays. I run the latest beta code. Total maintenance overhead in that time is, I think, the bare minimum, and therefore pretty modest:

• adjusting the VUK alignment (physical) and power (software) so balls don't bounce out
  • reconnecting a few loose RGB and GI lights from time to time
  • leaf switch adjustments to 2 of the 3 main car standups (the 4th is up near the pop bumpers and has had no probs)
  • replacing the stock rubbers on the flippers with silicon (more durable and consistent play IMHO, and reduced "air balls" to practically zero)
  • the fun part: replacing the stock Hot Wheels cars with Jeeps (I'm an offroad guy when not playing pinball)
  • a little silicon nubbin I put in the trough to make sure balls loaded properly
  • next I need to grease the plunger, its a little rough compared to Sterns
  • added a custom image that pops up during attract mode, and was easy once you know the right requirements for the image file

That's it. Very minor stuff overall.

Hot Wheels feels really, really, really solid. Whenever I get my hands on a recent Stern machine it feels a bit toy-like in comparison. My 10 year old son can nudge like a god on a Stern, but needs to give Hot Wheels some serious muscle. It's a weighty machine and I love that about it.

Does the game have that "one more game" appeal? Unquestionably. Even when I'm routinely scoring north of 2 Billion you know what could have gone better. My personal best is 6 billion. I will add other pins to my collection, but especially now that it has the multiplayer code, I will never let this machine go.

Short-term appeal is self evident. I've had everyone from my 6 yr old daughter to my 77 yr old mother in law play this thing and they love it. The flow shots are very, very satisfying. The scoring is immediately satisfying. Newbs can definitely see themselves go from 50M points to 150M points for totally good and repeatable reasons. It's an immediately appealing pin. "Just shoot RPM until 5-ball multiball" I say and everyone is hooked. The new multi-player code is also great for couples teams or just as a party mode.

Long-term appeal comes from the fact that most shots are generally easy but some are tight. Almost everything can be back-handed if you do it just right. The golden ticket on this machine is combining a battle mode with a once-per-ball turbo mode with, potentially, Track or Loop multiball. Rack 'em and stack 'em if you can.

This game has a lot to offer and will be a platinum addition to any long-term collection.

#3373 2 years ago

We have experienced the same, as described in the previous posts. Most eloquently described, by satisfied customers. HW is rock solid and a fantastic game for new pinball players, to learn the ropes. We have had no end of fun, in the 10 months that we have had our HW machine.
It cost us twice as much as you would pay in the USA, so it was a substantial decision to purchase one but guess what; we didn't suffer buyers remorse and always want that extra game. I personally think its the best thing I've ever bought in my lifetime which is getting rather substantial now.
I travel 50kms every 2 days to play the machine at my mates place, although lately its been every day. We just can't get enough of it, challenging ourselves, to get that slightly higher score.
This is our 1st pinball machine and it too will not be going anywhere, anytime soon. We have grown to luv pinball through this machine.

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

I randomly have games where the flippers just go dead. Any idea what would be causing it?

Give me a call. I’ll help troubleshoot
833-API-HELP

#3375 2 years ago

Fun, wacky game tonight with an added twist: the RPM lights went out but I still managed to get into 3rd gear. Lots of fly balls too for some reason. Stuff flying all over the place. It was actually a lot of fun.

Two particularly glorious moments

First, stacking a Loop Crash and Car Chaos with Tricera - that was worth 2B or so.

But even better was stacking Loop Crash, Victory Lap, and TRex. That was juicy but could have been even better. With time running out on TRex I had one shot to the right loop that would have been worth 1.8B. Had three chances but couldn’t make it. If I had this personal best would have cracked 8B.

3598F1A3-D7DF-4BB8-A7A1-F4F271870CEE (resized).jpeg3598F1A3-D7DF-4BB8-A7A1-F4F271870CEE (resized).jpeg5A05BFD9-0D04-4E0B-8CFB-953C0558547A (resized).jpeg5A05BFD9-0D04-4E0B-8CFB-953C0558547A (resized).jpeg
#3376 2 years ago

I've been working on some parts for a Hot Wheels topper. It's coming along nicely so far.

IMG_20211223_162510890 (resized).jpgIMG_20211223_162510890 (resized).jpg
#3377 2 years ago

One of the most enjoyable games I have. Everybody else that plays it is impressed too. You will want to keep pushing the start button. I got mine early right after launch. I made one adjustment and it has been rock solid. Only thing I had to adjust was the drop target in the track builder lane. Maybe 30 games in. After that no other adjustments to speak of. It is reliable.

Hot Wheels is the number one title I recommend to others to buy. Buy it - you'll like it.

#3378 2 years ago

This is my first post here. Everybody seems to really enjoy there HW pinball and I really trust all of you even if I never had the chance to play it !

Just want to say that I’m eager to receive my own HW pinball ordered since the end of October. My dealer told me «3 to 4 weeks» for delivery at the beginning... Now I don’t know when I can expect to finally get it at my home. I have to say that it will be my first and unique NIB pinball, so it is highly desired and was hoping to play it in the holidays.

I’m told there is a part shortage issue that is going on and on... What is the reality about this? Are some of you’ve been waiting for more than 2-3 months now? HW deliveries were supposed to be rolling in December but I don’t see anybody here tell they are receiving theirs these days.

In the meantime, I already received my NEO Pin Stadium kit (couldn’t miss the Black friday sale...) and I’m preparing a homemade topper around a vintage Hot Wheels case.

I can tell you that I will be more than ready when it finally gets home !

7D1EC1A9-3559-45A1-843C-994C46A97CAE (resized).jpeg7D1EC1A9-3559-45A1-843C-994C46A97CAE (resized).jpegE44F7A9A-04AD-4A36-968F-A8C07EA3F054 (resized).jpegE44F7A9A-04AD-4A36-968F-A8C07EA3F054 (resized).jpeg
#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from Intruder99:

This is my first post here. Everybody seems to really enjoy there HW pinball and I really trust all of you even if I never had the chance to play it !
Just want to say that I’m eager to receive my own HW pinball ordered since the end of October. My dealer told me «3 to 4 weeks» for delivery at the beginning... Now I don’t know when I can expect to finally get it at my home. I have to say that it will be my first and unique NIB pinball, so it is highly desired and was hoping to play it in the holidays.
I’m told there is a part shortage issue that is going on and on... What is the reality about this? Are some of you’ve been waiting for more than 2-3 months now? HW deliveries were supposed to be rolling in December but I don’t see anybody here tell they are receiving theirs these days.
In the meantime, I already received my NEO Pin Stadium kit (couldn’t miss the Black friday sale...) and I’m preparing a homemade topper around a vintage Hot Wheels case.
I can tell you that I will be more than ready when it finally gets home ![quoted image][quoted image]

Intruder99 , Welcome to the forum here! I think it is tough to say what the reality is about a parts shortage.
Is this what the distributor is telling you? I would have them check with American Pinball.
Maybe some of the American Pinball guys who read this forum religiously can chime in.

For what it is worth -there is a long waiting list with Stern and other distributors for machines. A lot of people are ordering new in box machines to entertain themselves and families during the pandemic.

In any case, patience is a virtue and you will have a blast when you get it.
Congratulations on your order, your patience and your homemade topper. Lookin' good.
Happy Holidays!

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Intruder99 , Welcome to the forum here! I think it is tough to say what the reality is about a parts shortage.
Is this what the distributor is telling you? I would have them check with American Pinball.
Maybe some of the American Pinball guys who read this forum religiously can chime in.
For what it is worth -there is a long waiting list with Stern and other distributors for machines. A lot of people are ordering new in box machines to entertain themselves and families during the pandemic.
In any case, patience is a virtue and you will have a blast when you get it.
Congratulations on your order, your patience and your homemade topper. Lookin' good.
Happy Holidays!

pinball2020 Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. Yes I am exercising my patience every and each additional day of waiting for this to happen.

I will be short of daily waiting chocolate soon !

A1CB4BF3-A4DB-41AC-AED2-05B6DE62BE0E (resized).jpegA1CB4BF3-A4DB-41AC-AED2-05B6DE62BE0E (resized).jpeg
#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from Intruder99:Just want to say that I’m eager to receive my own HW pinball ordered since the end of October. My dealer told me «3 to 4 weeks» for delivery at the beginning... Now I don’t know when I can expect to finally get it at my home. I have to say that it will be my first and unique NIB pinball, so it is highly desired and was hoping to play it in the holidays.

I ordered mine and paid in full in August. I just got mine in a few days ago.

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from Intruder99:

Just want to say that I’m eager to receive my own HW pinball ordered since the end of October. My dealer told me «3 to 4 weeks» for delivery at the beginning... Now I don’t know when I can expect to finally get it at my home.

For what it's worth, I waited 18 months for my ACNC! And this was long before the Covid shit storm. Hang in there! It'll come.

#3383 2 years ago

@ Intruder99

You are going to enjoy it when it comes. Hope you get your game soon.

#3384 2 years ago

I have a question as a new owner of the pin. From all the pics I have seen, Hot Wheels always had 4 speakers in the front. I'm noticing that I have only 2. Is this a change due to parts shortage?

IMG_20211226_140916278 (resized).jpgIMG_20211226_140916278 (resized).jpg
#3385 2 years ago

There are five speakers, two on each side on top and subwoofer in lower cabinet. There have never been “lower” speakers on HW.

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

There are five speakers, two on each side on top and subwoofer in lower cabinet. There have never been “lower” speakers on HW.

Maybe the parts circled made him wonder ? No holes on his game.

LTG : )

HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg
#3387 2 years ago

Exactly, I only have holes on the top piece.

#3388 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe the parts circled made him wonder ? No holes on his game.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Quoted from jumpyg1258:

Exactly, I only have holes on the top piece.

Some HW might have lower grills with holes as if there are speakers, but they don’t have speakers. The cabinets no longer have the openings to support them.

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

I ordered mine and paid in full in August. I just got mine in a few days ago.

This is good news, thank you ! I’m happy for you, just in time for the holidays. Have fun!

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

adjusting the VUK alignment (physical) and power (software) so balls don't bounce out

a little silicon nubbin I put in the trough to make sure balls loaded properly

I just recently got mine. I'm a first time pinball owner so I'm new at doing maintenance. I'm noticing I'm having the same issues with the VUK and had one instance so far of balls not loading properly. I'm also having some sound issues in which I'm hearing a ton of static through the speakers when the machine isn't being played. Anyways can you tell me a little more in what you did with your VUK? I'm guessing I'm going to have to increase the power to it cause from what I can see its almost like it shoots straight up while not touching the side of the ramp so it hits that top part of the curve and goes wildly wherever.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

Anyways can you tell me a little more in what you did with your VUK?

Hey congrats on the machine! Hope you are having a blast. Let's hear some scores man!

The physical part of what I did was better aligning the VUK track to the left orbit lane. In my case I found... the screws were a little loose as shipped from the factory! So I nudged the VUK track over a little more to the left, and tightened the screws. That seemed to help correct any alignment issues.

Second I adjusted the power of the VUK coil up and down until it seemed to provide stable results. At this point the VUK operates with about 95% reliability. Once in a rare while I still get a wild ball, but because it's rare, it kind of adds to the fun.

Can't help you with the speakers at all, mine work great. Might want to check for a loose wire or connection somewhere in the audio wiring. Also if you are in an older home with shaky electrical supply or wiring, try putting a surge powerbar between the wall and your pinball machine.

#3392 2 years ago

Had a race time of 2min 41secs the other day, after 8 months of not being able to crack 5 mins. and displace TGR, the factory racer.
At the end of each game we fumed that it was the only factory default name we had not managed to change. Besides ARI of legend status.
So I'm pretty stoked with that time.

We made the breakthrough 2 months ago when our skill improved heaps, from 5 simple tips, and I beat the 5 mins. My mate then beat me but I have claimed the title again. Lots of low level competitive fun!

Being rookies we have run the machine on the Very Easy preset, right from the beginning. We get a lot of extra chances that way. My mate has managed to obtain a score of 10 billion having had some experience with pinball machines before we bought HW, while I can manage only 3 billion being a true rookie. We call ball 5, the "Sympathy" ball.

Hope this encourages any frustrated rookies to keep persevering. It's worth the reward!

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

sound issues in which I'm hearing a ton of static through the speakers when the machine isn't being played.

Sounds like you just need to turn down the treble on the amp a little
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-1/Hot-Wheels--audio-connection-and-settings.pdf

RYE_ has good advice. See what coil settings work better for you:

While in the coil settings menu, make your selection for the power setting, then place the ball in the VUK to test.

#3394 2 years ago

Topper completed....for now.

IMG_20220102_125319643_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220102_125319643_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220102_125343900 (resized).jpgIMG_20220102_125343900 (resized).jpg
#3395 2 years ago

I like that one ! Cooooobrasssssss

#3396 2 years ago

Just seem to hit the lanes tonight. Got to 3rd gear too.

20220101_162154 (resized).jpg20220101_162154 (resized).jpg
#3397 2 years ago

Just got my game, and the ~6-month wait was well worth it. <20 plays, but this will get a lot of play this year. Still much to learn, but I somehow had a 15B Car Chaos ball, and ended at 16B. Not really sure how the score ramped up that fast, or if I can ever do that again.

IMG_2227 (resized).jpgIMG_2227 (resized).jpg
#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Just got my game, and the ~6-month wait was well worth it. <20 plays, but this will get a lot of play this year. Still much to learn, but I somehow had a 15B Car Chaos ball, and ended at 16B. Not really sure how the score ramped up that fast, or if I can ever do that again.
[quoted image]

Was it shipped wirh the glass off. Haha just kidding. My wait has been just over two months, I'm guessing i have a few more. Can't wait.

#3399 2 years ago

Haha... glass was on, but I honestly was like, ah... was that a glitch? Something within Car Choas really allowed me to get that score. Now to try and repeat this and figure out what I actually hit or stacked to get there. FWIW highest score before was 847M, so this feels like a rouge score achievement for me.

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

[quoted image]

One possibility is you have a stuck car target, which will make it easier to get to car chaos and higher scoring. Go into switch test make sure none of the car switches are stuck closed and then also bang the playfield with your hand and see if any of the car switches register. The other possibility is you triggered the Turbo Boost during car chaos, which would be great and timely use of Turbo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/68?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.