0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 85.
#3301 2 years ago

My game suddenly started doing this tonight. The number 4 stays on green when the rest of the numbers are out and doesn't light red or blue.

IMG_20211119_193921091 (resized).jpgIMG_20211119_193921091 (resized).jpgIMG_20211119_193933416 (resized).jpgIMG_20211119_193933416 (resized).jpg
#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

My game suddenly started doing this tonight. The number 4 stays on green when the rest of the numbers are out and doesn't light red or blue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s a semi-common small bug, it goes away. I believe someone mentioned the new code reduces this, but I haven’t had the time to try it yet.

#3303 2 years ago

Yes. It's fundamentally caused by electrical interference -- you can verify that the connectors to your light boards are all nice and snug. The current beta code (available at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/> changes how the software drives the lamps to mitigate this ... early word from testers has been quite favorable.

#3304 2 years ago

Shifter knob added...

Robert

IMG_20211123_090155106 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_090155106 (resized).jpg

#3305 2 years ago

Really nice !

#3306 2 years ago

Need something from the store?

BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).pngBLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
#3307 2 years ago

I recently bought the topper lighting kit for my Hot Wheels. I plugged the connector into the end of the daisy-chain as described online but it would not light. It appears the end connector is bad on the last back light. If I removed a connector from a different section of backlight and plug the topper light in there it works. Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I recently bought the topper lighting kit for my Hot Wheels. I plugged the connector into the end of the daisy-chain as described online but it would not light. It appears the end connector is bad on the last back light. If I removed a connector from a different section of backlight and plug the topper light in there it works. Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Any chance that the connector is reversed and you just need to connect it "upside down"? I had to do that on my Hot Wheels. Or if you got it working elsewhere on the board, stick with that?

#3309 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Any chance that the connector is reversed and you just need to connect it "upside down"? I had to do that on my Hot Wheels. Or if you got it working elsewhere on the board, stick with that?

I'd have to unplug a strip of backglass lights to make it work that way.

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'd have to unplug a strip of backglass lights to make it work that way.

I have a make a revision to my video to show more detail on this.
If you look at your LED strip in the backbox, one end header pins has +left, -right
The other end has +right, -left

Look at the screen printing on the LED pcb in the backbox for the +/- markings.
Plug your topper light in so yellow is + and black is -

#3311 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I have a make a revision to my video to show more detail on this.
If you look at your LED strip in the backbox, one end header pins has +left, -right
The other end has +right, -left
Look at the screen printing on the LED pcb in the backbox for the +/- markings.
Plug your topper light in so yellow is + and black is -

Yes, apparently the plug on the topper strip was installed backwards. I had to break the tab on the strip in the backbox to make it fit, but it's working now. Thanks

#3312 2 years ago

Does anyone else ever notice that when hitting the boost target when it’s lit, will not start the boost (no blinking tach and no fire around the tach on the lcd display)? And rather it will just restart the qualifying amount of pops needed to light the boost.

This seems to happen to me a lot (especially during a long game). Also, I know that when a ball drains the boost and pops qualification will restart, I get that. This issue usually doesn’t happen on the very first boost, but on the following boosts after that throughout a game. It’s hit or miss.

I’ve noticed whether I have 100m or 2b score. Whether I’m in single ball or multiball. It REALLY sucks when I have a good game going and stacked loop crash and victory lap multiballs together. And then hit the boost when it’s lit and it doesn’t start.

I thought at first maybe the 2nd or 3rd turbo boosts times out. But I don’t believe that’s the case.

Also, why is the boost insert sometimes lit green, red, or white with red letters? Is there a difference?

I’ve put a few hundred games on this machine, and have scored in the billions lots of times, so feel like I know it pretty well. So I’m trying to figure out if this is a code issue? Or I’m missing something about the boost?

#3313 2 years ago

Good questions. I’ll pay more attention to it over the next few days. Boost is one of those funny things where it seems to happen with each ball without really trying so I’ve never really been sure how it accumulates and gets activated.

Lately though I’ve been thinking that the boost scoring is kind of unbalanced. I feel I can work my ass off making shots in the different multiballs for like a modest 50M-200M points. But wham, hit boost and all of a sudden a few orbit shots looped together add up to 500 million points. Or yes, stack it with a battle mode like snakes or trex and its lol 800M points. Don’t get me wrong, huge scores are fucking fun, casuals love it when they strike it rich by luck and circumstance, and I leverage the boost to routinely take games over 4 billion. But still seems a little too gimmicky relative to the skillful work you can put in on other modes for way less reward.

Also, i feel the callout needs to be way more in my face when boost is activated. I often miss it. Given the points in play its should be a red alert moment and all the lights should flash red for a second or something.

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I thought at first maybe the 2nd or 3rd turbo boosts times out. But I don’t believe that’s the case.
Also, why is the boost insert sometimes lit green, red, or white with red letters? Is there a difference?

Your questions may be related. With default settings, you only get one 10x Tachometer boost per gear. If you get another boost in the same gear, it will ratchet up your Tach value, but not give the 10x. The Boost insert will be red when it's ready for 10x Tach, or the gear color when it just gives an RPM increase.

Quoted from RYE_:

Lately though I’ve been thinking that the boost scoring is kind of unbalanced.

I mean... it kinda is. But it takes a bunch of planning and shot making to actually take advantage of the imbalance. Ideally, at the time you start Boost, you'll want to have several features going, and your Tach pretty high... then start Boost, then make as many shots as you can in the next few seconds. When you succeed, it feels great and is highly rewarding on the scoreboard. When you screw it up, it's one of those "dang it, it slipped through my fingers -- press Start again!" moments. At least, I think so.

Quoted from RYE_:

Given the points in play its should be a red alert moment and all the lights should flash red for a second or something

We do flash the entire Tachometer as long as 10x Boost is running. I guess that's not prominent enough, in your opinion?

#3315 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ideally, at the time you start Boost, you'll want to have several features going, and your Tach pretty high...

Why do you want your Tach to be high ? Don't you get 10x Tach from starting Boost ?

grts

#3316 2 years ago

I would love to see a HW operated in a toy store and to know how well it does.
It really is a theme that links many generations in a way.

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

Why do you want your Tach to be high ? Don't you get 10x Tach from starting Boost ?

Yes. And 10x 900K is much better than 10x 100K.

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes. And 10x 900K is much better than 10x 100K.

Aha !

so, starting boost gives you some instant points : (100K * current_tach_number) * 10
then everything is 10x for 15 seconds

is this assumption correct ?

#3319 2 years ago

Yes, more or less. The important thing to remember is that almost all scoring in the game is based on the Tach value.

#3320 2 years ago

Occasionally, I'll have a game that goes Red Line Mania crazy. For instance, last night I think I hit Red Line Mania about 15 times in one game (played them all horribly and ended up with 1.5B.)
But two of the Red Line Mania's came on the launch of the ball after a Red Line Mania. Has that happened to anyone else? Is that supposed to happen?

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Occasionally, I'll have a game that goes Red Line Mania crazy. For instance, last night I think I hit Red Line Mania about 15 times in one game (played them all horribly and ended up with 1.5B.)
But two of the Red Line Mania's came on the launch of the ball after a Red Line Mania. Has that happened to anyone else? Is that supposed to happen?

Sounds like a stuck or chattering leaf switch in the RPM targets. Might need a small adjustment to give a bit more space between the contacts.

#3322 2 years ago

I agree with @flipstream. Next time this happens (or even before) go into Switch Test and try gently thumping the playfield with the side of your fist, and see if any switches trigger.

#3323 2 years ago

Australia's Great Yearly Motor Race. The "Bathurst 1000" at Mt. Panorama. Sunday, 5 Dec. 01:00UTC

Located 200km West of Sydney, NSW is the rural town of Bathurst. Just out of town is a race circuit called Mount Panorama which is 6.2km long and has a height difference of 174m (571 ft). Each lap ( 2 mins and a few seconds) the cars climb up and down the mountain in an endurance/sprint race for 161 laps making a total of 1000km or 600 miles. During the 6 hours of continuous racing there are compulsory driver change, brake pad changes and the usual tyres and gas.

This makes for one very exciting race and it takes its toll on drivers and cars. Ford and GM are the main V8 protagonists with the Mustang having a slight advantage but there are rules and regulations applying to each make of car so that it is evened up somewhat. Thrills and spills abound with the uphill mountain straight, 1.1km, being a horsepower contest, then up in to the steep curving cutting requiring 2nd gear. At Skyline the cars are approaching 200km/hr plus across the top of the mountain but have to brake hard for the steep downhill dipper a series of sharp left and right turns which leads to an elbow turn on to downhill Conrod straight, 2km, speeds reaching 300km/hr plus. A chicane, "The Chase" was added to the straight to slow cars down as many bad fatal high speed accidents were occurring. Conrod straight leads to the pit, start/finish "main straight" of 500m . They turn left and do it all again.

Practice and racing of the different classes has been happening since yesterday. This is a real big event with fans setting up tent cities and bars at the top of the mountain. Motorized ice chests with drinks inside are big. Very creative mob up there. lol

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I had this same issue with the leaf switches in two of the car bumpers. I got a leaf adjuster tool similar to this and fixed it in 60 seconds.

Also: cracked 6 billion today on my machine! New personal best. Got into 4th gear pretty early, that helped. Got 2.5B on one ball.

#3325 2 years ago

Left side coils are not firing — sling, flipper, VUK. Right side is fine. Any thoughts here? Tests aren’t telling me anything.

Edit: fuse blown.

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

I had this same issue with the leaf switches in two of the car bumpers. I got a leaf adjuster tool similar to this and fixed it in 60 seconds.
Also: cracked 6 billion today on my machine! New personal best. Got into 4th gear pretty early, that helped. Got 2.5B on one ball.

Yes, it was the switch on the R. Thanks

#3327 2 years ago

Has anyone on here made custom topper for Hot Wheels? I tossing around ideas to make one myself.

#3328 2 years ago

Mine looks like that...(just with japan cars added now) and added lights behind the sign

#3329 2 years ago

Is there any update on when the latest code update will be finalized? The one on the AP site from 10/28 says it's still in beta, so I am reluctant to install it in my machine. Thank you!

#3330 2 years ago

Any official updates on what game(s) are on the line. I'm still waiting on Hot Wheels. Paid in full 10-30-21.

#3331 2 years ago

I am also curious if Hot Wheels is on the line? I paid in full for my cabinet in August.

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

I am also curious if Hot Wheels is on the line? I paid in full for my cabinet in August.

I feel better now, plus I didn't add it to my collection yet.

#3333 2 years ago

Late post, but I just wanted to add my praises for American Pinball to this thread with all the others. Great customer service, specifically Dave brenna98 ! I had the magnet go bad, submitted a ticket, got a call/response the next day, and had parts in the mail that same day. The machine was able to be featured in the tournament at the Space City Open at the Houston Arcade Expo as a result of their quick response; where it received a lot of praise, play, and selection by the players in the tournament. Lots of footage of the game being played on the Top Rope Pinball stream of the tournaments if you’re interested. Thank you all again!

-Chris

#3334 2 years ago

Thanks Chris Marty_Graw77 ! Happy to help.

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I feel better now, plus I didn't add it to my collection yet.

Yeah that's cause when I ordered it I was told to expect delivery in 2 weeks. Then mid September. Then the end of Autumn. Now I have no clue when I will get it.

#3336 2 years ago

I saw these cool shelves for display next to your pinball machine at Hobby Lobby at %40 off.

20211208_141233 (resized).jpg20211208_141233 (resized).jpg
#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from BamBam:

Is there any update on when the latest code update will be finalized? The one on the AP site from 10/28 says it's still in beta, so I am reluctant to install it in my machine. Thank you!

Wondering that myself! I installed it and has been good so far, couple minor wonky things, but no real issues. Love the team play for the family!

#3338 2 years ago

Been busy keeping Ferret busy with code problems we have been finding.

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

We do flash the entire Tachometer as long as 10x Boost is running. I guess that's not prominent enough, in your opinion?

Heh honestly I didn't notice that! I see it now that you've mentioned it. Its kind of a slow pulse effect eh? Tach doing a spinning colors animation during Boost would be even better.

Best would be a more dramatic call-out, that's what would help the most. The current call-out is the chill surfer dude kind of calmly saying "turbo boost activated" I think. With all the noise on the table I find it a little hard to notice. It should be like "OMG GIVE IT THE GAS GAS GAS".

But I appreciate that changing the call-outs with Mattel is IP approval hell, so let's talk more lights

I'd flash the four fire truck lights while Boost is activated

Or do the full table Red Line Mania-style red pulse once or twice

I mean, Boost Scoring is literally the most points you can make in this game in like 20 seconds. Leveraging it well is fundamental to high scores north of 2B. It shouldn't be something you can miss.

All of which is respectfully submitted because I love this game. And admittedly this suggestion is very much gilding the lily.

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Mine looks like that...(just with japan cars added now) and added lights behind the sign

Magnificent man! Is that something custom you made or does someone make the little display garage for their Hot Wheels collection?

Also where did you get those specific cars? I'm an offroad dude so I want to swap in some Jeeps onto the playfield

#3341 2 years ago

Glad that you like it ! It's from ali express, the send to germany in my case. You'll find it on ebay :

ebay.com link: itm

Pretty sure you can find really cool hot wheels on ebay too.
In my case it was :

1. FORD F1 / F-100 PICK UP TRUCK

2. Volkswagen T2 Pick Up

3. not sure what type of US car

4. Satin und Chrom Custom '67 Pontiac Firebird

5. not sure what type of US car

6. 1997 Hot Wheels 517 1/64'59 Chevy Impala

#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

That is totally awesome!! I love modelers!

#3343 2 years ago

I more than doubled the amount of cars on my Hot Wheels. You can buy extra mounts right from API.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/die-cast-car-mounting-bracket-for-hot-wheels-pinball-machine-mtl0224-00

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Heh honestly I didn't notice that! I see it now that you've mentioned it. Its kind of a slow pulse effect eh? Tach doing a spinning colors animation during Boost would be even better.
Best would be a more dramatic call-out, that's what would help the most. The current call-out is the chill surfer dude kind of calmly saying "turbo boost activated" I think. With all the noise on the table I find it a little hard to notice. It should be like "OMG GIVE IT THE GAS GAS GAS".
But I appreciate that changing the call-outs with Mattel is IP approval hell, so let's talk more lights
I'd flash the four fire truck lights while Boost is activated
Or do the full table Red Line Mania-style red pulse once or twice
I mean, Boost Scoring is literally the most points you can make in this game in like 20 seconds. Leveraging it well is fundamental to high scores north of 2B. It shouldn't be something you can miss.
All of which is respectfully submitted because I love this game. And admittedly this suggestion is very much gilding the lily.

btw, the tach on screen shows as being on fire when turbo is active, not that the player is looking at the screen If you watch the series Chase and Elliott pretty much always keep their cool, even when battling dinosaurs. We will give some thought to the lighting, but I don't want to create even more pressure on the player to produce, as it is stressful enough trying to make shots when you know you only have 15 seconds, but we do want you to know it is active.

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

btw, the tach on screen shows as being on fire when turbo is active, not that the player is looking at the screen If you watch the series Chase and Elliott pretty much always keep their cool, even when battling dinosaurs. We will give some thought to the lighting, but I don't want to create even more pressure on the player to produce, as it is stressful enough trying to make shots when you know you only have 15 seconds, but we do want you to know it is active.

Having looked up at the screen during shots I think there is enough going on and the energy level and light show is just right. .
Adding more "Red Line Mania" or crazier call outs kind of deflates the energy from them when we see or hear them .

#3346 2 years ago

Being new to pinball, we find it difficult to see the screen as we are learning the ability to glance at it and still control the ball without letting it drain.
So we normally call out to each other when the turbo is active, automatically now, so some indication on the playfield tacho would be most helpful to us. Wondering what others think?
Also, being old fellas we like the sound down low. I'm slightly deaf as well which doesn't help.

#3347 2 years ago

Put me in the “making a bigger deal during Turbo Boost” camp. Flashing lights, added sound effects, music change, special callouts? “TURBO BOOSTED JACKPOT!!!” anybody? What’s better than Drac telling you that you scored not a 10 million, or a 20 million, but a 30 MILLION JACKPOT!!!? New players, and even experienced players, freak out when Red Line Mania happens, but don’t even know Turbo Boost was started until they look up and see their score doubled or even tripled. It’s usually followed by them saying, “What the heck just happened?” And then scratching their heads.

#3348 2 years ago

Did a mild mod to the ramp standoffs and plastic mounting screws/nuts all over the game. These come in all kinds of colors but are a bit pricey.

KIMG6481 (resized).JPGKIMG6481 (resized).JPGKIMG6484 (resized).JPGKIMG6484 (resized).JPGhotwheels (resized).jpghotwheels (resized).jpg
#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Did a mild mod to the ramp standoffs and plastic mounting screws/nuts all over the game. These come in all kinds of colors but are a bit pricey.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that mod, looks great !

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:Did a mild mod to the ramp standoffs and plastic mounting screws/nuts all over the game. These come in all kinds of colors but are a bit pricey.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great, where did you get them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/67?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.