0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 85.
#3051 2 years ago

This was my first American Pinball machine. I am very impressed with the build quality and the software interface. The whole machine gives the impression of quality. I will say I was pretty disappointed with the included manual. Mine came with a stack of black and white copy paper with one staple holding them together. This looks really cheap and sort of an after thought. For the price of the machine and the level of quality it exudes, I feel it should come with a nice color manual with a cover and some sort of binding or at the very least, 3 staples. I also think they should include a color copy of the quick reference guide.

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Just joined the Hot Wheels club. Man, I'm having more fun with this game than I have with any other new game in the past bunch of years.
However, I'd say 1 out of every 15 games I have an issue where all of the coils will completely die (and no, I'm not talking about when it goes into Red Line Mania, or when Red Line Mania ends).
Sometimes it will happen when the game first starts - the ball won't kick into the shooter lane and there's no power to the flippers.
Other times it happens during the middle of game play. Usually during a multiball. Coils will die, balls will drain, I'll get my end of ball bonus, and then the coils will work again for the next ball. Once or twice it happened when double flipping to skip the multiball animation.
Anyone else experience this issue?

Have you come up with a fix for this? I delivered a game to a customer Friday and it is experiencing the same issue with the coils. The customer has manually pulling the interlock and still has the same issue.

I opened a ticket with api last night but havent heard back yet. Wonder if there was a flaky batch of interlock switches?

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Wonder if there was a flaky batch of interlock switches?

Easy to jump/short the wires together and bypass the switch to see. Or pull the connectors and put a spade terminal between them. Keep the wiring the same as if the switch were there and closed.

LTG : )

#3054 2 years ago

New HW owner here. Love it so far! Question, sometimes when he ball hits the lower right side drop target near the shooting lane, it doesn't drop. Is there a fix for this?

Also, other than match, what events trigger the knocker?

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

New HW owner here. Love it so far! Question, sometimes when he ball hits the lower right side drop target near the shooting lane, it doesn't drop. Is there a fix for this?
Also, other than match, what events trigger the knocker?

Check the mechanism, it should definitely drop. It's the Draven shot you mean ?

Loop crash multiball can trigger the knocker when hitting an other Ball in the outter loop. Default is a cool digital "crackling" sound.

#3056 2 years ago

Have you come up with a fix for this? I delivered a game to a customer Friday and it is experiencing the same issue with the coils. The customer has manually pulling the interlock and still has the same issue.
I opened a ticket with api last night but havent heard back yet. Wonder if there was a flaky batch of interlock switches?

I haven't found a fix yet. I'm not sure if it would be the interlock switch (at least on my game), since when the issue occurs with me, as soon as the ball(s) drain, all the power is back in the coils on the next ball. I don't think the interlock switch would have any detection that the ball has ended and is now on the next ball.

I'm guessing it's power related. Last night I re-seated all connectors on the power supply and also lowered the power to the coils on the flippers a hair, since I had turned them up a bit. I played probably 10 games without an issue. But it could have just been luck of the draw. I'll continue to monitor it and post here with updates.

I was going to open up a ticket as well. Michael Grant from American Pinball messaged me here and let me know that their service tech is on vacation until next Tuesday, so will have to wait until then to get some help.

Please let me know if you or your customer finds out any information or finds a fix.

#3057 2 years ago

Well, looks like I spoke too soon. Power issues are back again. All coils completely dying during gameplay. Pretty much always during multiball.

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

BTW, I'm doing a Houdini stream with Jack Danger on Thursday, where we will be showing a new feature, one that will also be making its way to Hot Wheels.

Wanted to watch but missed the stream this evening. Will check it out once the archive is posted but in the meantime… what was the new feature that was revealed?

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Just joined the Hot Wheels club. Man, I'm having more fun with this game than I have with any other new game in the past bunch of years.
However, I'd say 1 out of every 15 games I have an issue where all of the coils will completely die (and no, I'm not talking about when it goes into Red Line Mania, or when Red Line Mania ends).
Sometimes it will happen when the game first starts - the ball won't kick into the shooter lane and there's no power to the flippers.
Other times it happens during the middle of game play. Usually during a multiball. Coils will die, balls will drain, I'll get my end of ball bonus, and then the coils will work again for the next ball. Once or twice it happened when double flipping to skip the multiball animation.
Anyone else experience this issue?

I had the same thing happen to me tonight. I was in crash loop multiball and all of a sudden the flippers died then in a few seconds they would flip again, then die, then flip again. Balls all drained one was kicked into the shooter lane but it didn't auto launch. After I noticed the ball in the shooter lane I launched it and then the flippers started working again and it seemed fine. My game just got unboxed last Friday. This is the first time it has done this, and of course it was in the middle of my best game.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I had the same thing happen to me tonight. I was in crash loop multiball and all of a sudden the flippers dyed then in a few seconds they would flip again then dye then flip again. Balls all drained one was kicked into the shooter lane but it didn't auto launch. After I noticed the ball in the shooter lane I launched it and then the flippers started working again and it seemed fine. My game just got unboxed last Friday. This is the first time it has done this, and of course it was in the middle of my best game.

That exact same symptom is happening to me where the flippers will slightly flip again, and then die, then partially flip, then completely die. My game was also unboxed last Friday as well. Another pinside member a few posts above mentioned that the same thing happened to his customer that just got a new game. Looks like there must be some issue with the recent run of Hot Wheels I guess. American Pinball, let’s address this, what’s the issue?

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I also would really enjoy that, just because elliot and chase team up.
Would be a great feature !

Wishes coming true ! I love you guys !

At MG, close last ball ! I like the way you played...

I also got a lot of new informations and hints from josh about houdini. Good Stream, also from Jack Danger.
Just will shout out the news in the german community.

Thanks for the games.

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

That exact same symptom is happening to me where the flippers will slightly flip again, and then die, then partially flip, then completely die. My game was also unboxed last Friday as well. Another pinside member a few posts above mentioned that the same thing happened to his customer that just got a new game. Looks like there must be some issue with the recent run of Hot Wheels I guess. American Pinball, let’s address this, what’s the issue?

i have a new power supply coming in (after the holiday) and will report back if this is cures the issue.

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

How many games since uboxing before this happened the first time? I also took delivery of mine last week. It hasn't happened yet, but I was out of town for a few days and don't have that many games on it yet.

Also, did anyone get a machine with a shaker and a knocker that wasn't ordered? If you did, that was my machine! Apparently they mixed up the shipping address and sent me the bare bones machine instead of that one. They did send me the parts to install myself though, which was a breeze.

So far I'm really enjoying the machine. If this same bug happens to me, I'll report back.

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

How many games since uboxing before this happened the first time? I also took delivery of mine last week. It hasn't happened yet, but I was out of town for a few days and don't have that many games on it yet.
Also, did anyone get a machine with a shaker and a knocker that wasn't ordered? If you did, that was my machine! Apparently they mixed up the shipping address and sent me the bare bones machine instead of that one. They did send me the parts to install myself though, which was a breeze.
So far I'm really enjoying the machine. If this same bug happens to me, I'll report back.

It happened within the first 20 or 30 games that I put on the machine. Still consistently happening every 10 or 15 games. Please let us know if it starts happening on your machine as well.

#3065 2 years ago

Since the knocker isn't used that much in this game, I think a cool feature for it would be when the race mode starts and ball drops off the magnet on green the knocker should fire also.

#3066 2 years ago

Just wanna give props to the good folks at American Pinball. Last night they announced Houdini, Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels are getting a really nice co-op and team play mode via software update. Houdini is going first with the other two to follow afterwards.

This will be a big hit around my house with the kids, and I think is great as a party mode when people are over. So thanks for that AP! I'm like a lifelong devotee, you guys have been so great.

AP also teased that a new machine would be unveiled at the Chicago pinball expo in late October.

Pumped to see what's next!

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Since the knocker isn't used that much in this game, I think a cool feature for it would be when the race mode starts and ball drops off the magnet on green the knocker should fire also.

I like that Idea...

#3068 2 years ago

So look's like we're getting Co-Op mode hey? !!!!

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It is absolutely sure my friend

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Farmers Co-op ? Like ground livestock feed and bird seed. Cool !

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Here is the Houdini stream from last night, team play starts at about 8 minutes in. First we talk about it, then play teams 2v2 then play full co-op with all 4 players on one team. Players on a team share score and progress.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1137294283

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Here is the Houdini stream from last night, team play starts at about 8 minutes in. First we talk about it, then play teams 2v2 then play full co-op with all 4 players on one team. Players on a team share score and progress.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1137294283

Great company I tell ya!!

#3073 2 years ago

We've been driving our HW pinball machine in Australia, hard, for 6 months now. Car number 202. My mate likes driving, as do I, but I haven't been able to spend as much time under the hood as I would like. So we have been cruising the streets trying to get a bit of experience as learner drivers without crashing in to something. Its my job to make sure its always mobile one way or another. 1,500 trips and 10,000 kms (balls) on the clock and it still looks and drives like brand new. Trips were very short at the beginning but we now drive a lot longer with less trips in a day. (We're getting better)
Had a roadside puncture of the left flipper at about trip 600. Required a couple of staples and UV glue to get us mobile again before a complete set of new tyres arrived from the API shop. We rotate the tyres (flippers and slingshots) every 300 trips or so to get more life from these tyres. (Keep an eye on the tips and corners for damage, tears and wear.)

This machine was built to last the distance. A tough cookie. Beautifully engineered under the hood with quality components and a fantastic driving experience! So anyone um and arrghing , tyre kicking; get one!! You won't be disappointed and won't suffer from "buyers remorse".

Sorry to hear of some 48V engine problems that some new cars are experiencing. Replace it with a 15.7A or greater engine or call the trusty API engineering roadside assistance who will help you in a jiffy when you open a service ticket. They are truly the best in the business when it comes to service and support and have helped us with a few minor glitches for which we have submitted time of occurrence, description and log from the machine.

We just luv driving this machine, hard, and can't get enough of it!

#3074 2 years ago

Where Weasels dare. A lair in progress. Experimenting with a few ideas.

20210903_142818 (resized).jpg20210903_142818 (resized).jpg20210903_143206 (resized).jpg20210903_143206 (resized).jpg20210903_143216 (resized).jpg20210903_143216 (resized).jpg
#3075 2 years ago

This looks a amazing, i like it ! Also the other stuff you show around the pin.

#3076 2 years ago

i have a new power supply coming in (after the holiday) and will report back if this is cures the issue.

Power supply swapped. Game is 100% now.

#3077 2 years ago

Power supply swapped. Game is 100% now.

I appreciate you following up on this. Glad to hear that fixed the problem. My power supply is definitely getting worse, as the coils lose power about every 3rd game now. American Pinball said they would send me a new power supply as well, so hoping to get that really soon.

#3078 2 years ago

I sent a ticket in online, but haven't heard from American Pinball yet.

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I sent a ticket in online, but haven't heard from American Pinball yet.

I'm on top of it. I wanted to respond with a tracking number.

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I'm on top of it. I wanted to respond with a tracking number.

I just got an email from American Pinball and my new power supply is on it's way! Tracking number recieved. Thanks for the quick response. I hope this solves the problem.

#3081 2 years ago

Just got HW as our family's very first pin and we are loving it. Theme is a crowd pleaser and there's always some reward or event just around the bend. Only issue so far is the magnet went out but we bought a new one, hoping that fixes it.

I'm absolutely in love with the lighting - I love that the whole playfield gets redder as you rev your tach, then everything gets a different vibe in each new gear. I bet it took a lot of time to dial in the lighting to get all of that just right. I also appreciate how each lane indicator is color coded with what mode you're shooting for, even going so far as supporting multiple modes for a single lane. I don't know how common that is, but it's super helpful.

One small feature request - it would be really fun if the shaker motor rumbled on low while the ball was against the plunger and the engine fired up. You can see the engine shake on the 3d model in the screen, it would be rad to feel it shake as well.

Thanks to American Pinball for making such a great straight ahead pinball machine. I know we'll love it for years to come.

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I just got an email from American Pinball and my new power supply is on it's way! Tracking number recieved. Thanks for the quick response. I hope this solves the problem.

Same with me, hope it fixes mine as well

#3083 2 years ago

American Pinball support is top notch. Kudos to Dave (brenna98) and the entire company for a great support team for a great company.
Keep the games coming!

#3084 2 years ago

We have been talking about Hot Wheels more than ever since getting our first Pin a few weeks ago. I guess the Alexia has been listening!! Hot Wheels City, the TV series that game features ,started to pop up in our Amazon Video list. We watched a few episodes, but like the way the Pinball game presents it better!

Hoping that Oktoberfest isn't out of production yet - American Pinball Inc games are AWESOME! brenna98 thanks for the great documentation and tips!! Awesome support!

Hot Wheels City on Amazon Video: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/0NDAKTWPVGOTCH9U87P7APYPA2/ref=atv_dp_share_seas

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from Stempile:

We have been talking about Hot Wheels more than ever since getting our first Pin a few weeks ago. I guess the Alexia has been listening!! Hot Wheels City, the TV series that game features ,started to pop up in our Amazon Video list. We watched a few episodes, but like the way the Pinball game presents it better!
Hoping that Oktoberfest isn't out of production yet - American Pinball Inc games are AWESOME! brenna98 thanks for the great documentation and tips!! Awesome support!
Hot Wheels City on Amazon Video: amazon.com link »

In the update from American Pinball video that was at the last Con, AP said they will be re-releasing their machines - Oktoberfest will be one of them. It is out of production currently.

#3086 2 years ago

Starting about 12 months ago, there were discussions about a problem with the gate at the Track Builder lane allowing the ball to escape on fast shots.

RikV started the discussion with post #804 and there were several other main posts made (#851, 1265, 1850, 1870, 2002...).

I've noticed that the discussion about this issue hasn't been brought up for several months as well as the ball hang-up issues with the early games.

So, my question to @Ferret, @brenna98: has there been a change in the manufacturing technique or has there been changes to this area that could have alleviated this problem.

If so, what has changed from games like mine: S/N 3146?

Thanks.

Robert

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

has there been a change in the manufacturing technique or has there been changes to this area that could have alleviated this problem.

The angle of he gate needs to be perpendicular (90 degrees) to the playfield. Production had been adjusted since early games. I don't get calls about this anymore.

#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Starting about 12 months ago, there were discussions about a problem with the gate at the Track Builder lane allowing the ball to escape on fast shots.
skogen75 started the discussion with post #804 and there were several other main posts made (#851, 1265, 1850, 1870, 2002...).
I've noticed that the discussion about this issue hasn't been brought up for several months as well as the ball hang-up issues with the early games.
So, my question to Ferret, brenna98: has there been a change in the manufacturing technique or has there been changes to this area that could have alleviated this problem.
If so, what has changed from games like mine: S/N 3146?
Thanks.
Robert

I just got a Hot Wheels built within the last month, and I also have constant rejected shots from the track builder shot. I figured I probably need to adjust or bend the gate some, but haven’t done so yet. Maybe the gate needs to be a bit longer so there’s more chance it’s low enough to prevent the ball from sneaking under it after a fast shot? I’m also curious if someone has figured out a fix for this.

#3090 2 years ago

New owner here. A couple of questions

1. Should the loop shots go all the way through all the time when hit with sufficient power? I'd say about half my shots don't make it all the way around. Not sure if this is by design or not.

2. The EPIC start target (lower right above flipper) seems to register inconsistently unless it's hit dead on with significant force. Is this normal?

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

New owner here. A couple of questions
1. Should the loop shots go all the way through all the time when hit with sufficient power? I'd say about half my shots don't make it all the way around. Not sure if this is by design or not.
2. The EPIC start target (lower right above flipper) seems to register inconsistently unless it's hit dead on with significant force. Is this normal?

I'm not sure how often the ball is intended to go all the way around the orbit. I'd say that mine is about 50% also. I kind of like that it's not assumed that it will make it around the orbit or not, it keeps me on my feet. If it does make it around then it really does will some speed. If not, it drops into the pops, which is important anyways because you want those pops to light the boost kickback (10x playfield scoring)!

If your Epic target isn't registering, it just means the leaf switch behind the target needs to be adjusted. Funny, I just got my NIB Hot Wheels and the Epic targets on my machine needed to be adjusted as well (but were the only ones on the whole game that needed adjusting). Lift the playfield and unscrew them from the bottom. Carefully bend/adjust the left switch so they are closer together. The further the leaf switches are, the more force needs to be used to activate the switch. I'm sure if you type into youtube "adjusting leaf switches" there are probably helpful videos on there.

#3092 2 years ago

Skip to 1:00 for the bit about a switch adjustment tool:

#3093 2 years ago

I'm back into pinball after stepping away for a few years and I'm looking to buy. Hot Wheels has caught my eye, but I watched a few gameplay videos tonight and in both of them the ball went to a ramp, then when deposited to the inlane the ball bounced out of the inlane into the outlane to drain. The first time was a video from Dead Flip and I thought nothing of it because that's not unheard of. But then I watched another video of some guy playing and it happened to him more than once.

Is this a common problem with this machine or did I just get lucky to see it in two different videos?

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

I'm back into pinball after stepping away for a few years and I'm looking to buy. Hot Wheels has caught my eye, but I watched a few gameplay videos tonight and in both of them the ball went to a ramp, then when deposited to the inlane the ball bounced out of the inlane into the outlane to drain. The first time was a video from Dead Flip and I thought nothing of it because that's not unheard of. But then I watched another video of some guy playing and it happened to him more than once.
Is this a common problem with this machine or did I just get lucky to see it in two different videos?

I'll get an occasional right orbit-to-outlane drain under the blue ramp, but that can also be saved by shaking the ball across the gap and back into the shooter lane (all games should have this! Lol). I can't recall filtering from the ramp exit and into the outlane - I'd say you saw a couple rare occurrences.

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

I think the code compensates for the outland drain when it comes off the ramp? I was playing the other day and it did that, and i got a ball save. Maybe I am wrong?

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

After the first hundred games or so an anti-moonwalk device was added to both ramps to prevent this. Early owners were sent, via their distributor, the parts to retrofit their games.

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think the code compensates for the outland drain when it comes off the ramp? I was playing the other day and it did that, and i got a ball save. Maybe I am wrong?

there is a ball save off the feed from the Draven's tower saucer if that bounces to the outlane

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

there is a ball save off the feed from the Draven's tower saucer if that bounces to the outlane

Yes! I remember that now. Thank you.

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

After the first hundred games or so an anti-moonwalk device was added to both ramps to prevent this. Early owners were sent, via their distributor, the parts to retrofit their games.

Awesome, thanks for the response. Your game looks like a lot of fun!

#3100 2 years ago

Hey guys and gals, Ferret and I were talking over beers last night about adding a 'race only' mode to Hot Wheels. We came up with a few different ways to go about it, but, we thought before we finalize our plans, that we would open it up to see if any of you have thoughts on it. I know most of you have no opinions on anything, but in case a few of you do, how would like to see it done?

We will just sit back and let you all debate how it should be done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/62?hl=vegas9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.