20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 86.
#3001 2 years ago

Great Topper, i like it !

#3002 2 years ago

Something I noticed last time playing my buddy's HW, was that @ the end of the game, it seems that the bonus was not added to the "last game score". So after the game was finished and the last game score came up, it was my score, but without all the end of ball bonuses. The grand champion score did read correct tho

#3003 2 years ago

Fresh_Wax - tell your buddy to check his code version. This bug was fixed in 20.12.10.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

FIXED -- fixed a bug that could cause bonus to be "un-added" on the Last Game Results page in attract mode.

#3004 2 years ago

I ordered the Metal Wire Guide Brace for the Hot Wheels mod today. Maybe I should have asked first but anyone else have the mod? Any feedback on it?

#3005 2 years ago

Good evening
Just wanted to show our Color Guard Protectors for Hot Wheels. The translucent PETG protectors in blue look really cool.
ColorGuardProtectors.com

Thanks
Joe

648521003 (1) (resized).jpg648521003 (1) (resized).jpg
#3006 2 years ago

My game if off to UK Pinfest this weekend. Hopefully it gets some attention and raises the profile here. Much underrated game.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I ordered the Metal Wire Guide Brace for the Hot Wheels mod today. Maybe I should have asked first but anyone else have the mod? Any feedback on it?

I installed it shortly after I got the pin. It does help improve the rattle up the lane, but doesn't solve it. It will still do this, just not as bad. It doesn't really bother me too much though, as it's an easy shot to make.

#3008 2 years ago

Dropped my game off the dolly and damaged all the side art. Oh well, its now at the show and still working.

#3009 2 years ago
IMG-20210826-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20210826-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20210826-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20210826-WA0001 (resized).jpg
#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Dropped my game off the dolly and damaged all the side art. Oh well, its now at the show and still working.

Did it trigger your own emotional Red Line Mania?

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Ferret and the other AP support guys are great
Had a funky recurring situation that we could not pinpoint, but AP didn’t give up although I may had been a PITA, they never let me down
We got it done, and Hot Wheels is way under rated IMHO

i have to buy ap's next game just because of the impeccable customer service i have received. thanks AP crew

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

Did it trigger your own emotional Red Line Mania?

glad you didnt get hurt. easy fix no worries there are much better days ahead for you

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have to buy ap's next game just because of the impeccable customer service i have received. thanks AP crew

AP's tech support and responsiveness is God tier. I'd have zero reservations buying a first run AP product because of this fact.

#3014 2 years ago

I'm in the club next week with an HUO deluxe machine with 50 games on the screen and installed playfield protector before the first ball.

Looking forward to play it.

Mods or adjustments that are necessary?

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

AP's tech support and responsiveness is God tier. I'd have zero reservations buying a first run AP product because of this fact.

Agreed!

I contacted Dave a couple times and he replied back within an hour or two.

First time I was missing leg adjusters, he mailed them right out, then I had a problem with one of the drop targets and he got right back to me and even sent a follow up email asking if I was able to fix it.

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Game #4 soon Please

#3017 2 years ago

Any chance of a code update coming soon?

#3018 2 years ago

We do have some upcoming changes.

Is there anything you’re looking for in the code that leads you to ask? A bug that needs fixing or something?

#3019 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Is there anything you’re looking for in the code that leads you to ask? A bug that needs fixing or something?

I have noticed what seems to be a sound bug that I've neglected to report. When I'm in a battle or multiball and get the tach all the way to 10 the RLM music will come on over the top of whatever else is happening (and then sometimes continues through end of battle or multiball). Perhaps it's supposed to happen this way but it doesn't sound like it was intentional. Not a massive problem by any stretch of the imagination, though.

On the whole I think a couple more callouts could up the energy and make the gameplay have some more connection to the overall story, but really these are nitpicks - its an awesome player as is.

#3020 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Small would like to have.. Love to be able to lower default high scores. Think kids party and joy of being on the board.

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No bugs to mention, just wondering if there was any additional content coming. Had always hoped there would be a way to just start a race independently.

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Would love to dial down the auto plunge to less than 60 seconds. On location players walk away from games all the time and one minute per ball is pretty annoying. Would also love the option to have a maximum of two players.

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

When I'm in a battle or multiball and get the tach all the way to 10 the RLM music will come on over the top of whatever else

This has been fixed for next release

Quoted from madamyates:

Would love to dial down the auto plunge to less than 60 seconds. On location players walk away from games all the time and one minute per ball is pretty annoying. Would also love the option to have a maximum of two players.

Less than 60? Seems risky, especially in a multiplayer game where someone steps away for a moment, but we can look at it. Can't say anyone has ever asked for a limit on number of players, but we can look at that as well.

Quoted from waldo34:

Small would like to have.. Love to be able to lower default high scores. Think kids party and joy of being on the board.

Currently we have no support for adjusting high scores. Given that we have a over a dozen of achievements, hard to see a lot of folks wanting to go through them all and change them. We can put it on the wish list, to assess for a future release.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No bugs to mention, just wondering if there was any additional content coming. Had always hoped there would be a way to just start a race independently.

This is something we talk about, so one of these days we might find the time to make it happen.

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Co-Op Mode!!!!!!!
This is awesome fun and should be on every new pin.

Also, separate adjustable light levels for back glass for both attract mode and game play! This should also be standard on all new pins.

#3025 2 years ago

Is there a way to quicken the ball search feature? When a ball is stuck or missing somewhere it seems to take forever for it to ball search.

I would like to see the skill shot be random instead of shooting for 3 each time. Or like in world cup soccer, where you have to shoot all three skill shots to get a bonus or unlock a feature. Three balls, three different skill shots. If you get all three skill shots, maybe it could give a big boost to rpm's or light extra ball or something. Whatever skill shot you shoot first would be up to you.

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Co-Op Mode!!!!!!!
This is awesome fun and should be on every new pin.
Also, separate adjustable light levels for back glass for both attract mode and game play! This should also be standard on all new pins.

I also would really enjoy that, just because elliot and chase team up.

Would be a great feature !

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

just because elliot and chase team up.

Hmmm, they do, don't they?

#3028 2 years ago

Ferret, when a ball is saved via the right outlane, there needs to be something. A sound effect would work. It must be worth more than just being in the shooter? Maybe another go at a skillshot.

#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

This has been fixed for next release

Less than 60? Seems risky, especially in a multiplayer game where someone steps away for a moment, but we can look at it. Can't say anyone has ever asked for a limit on number of players, but we can look at that as well.

The option would be great. We have our Sterns and Williams (those that support it) dialed down to 10-15 seconds and it seems to be a non-issue during group play tournaments. Our location is free play and a lot of patrons mash the start button, get four players, and walk away after a few balls. We limit to two players on machines that support it unless it's a tournament or a request. Three to four players is rare if it isn't a tournament. Easy enough to adjust when needed.

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Also, separate adjustable light levels for back glass for both attract mode and game play!

pretty sure I already did this for the next release.

Quoted from madamyates:

The option would be great. We have our Sterns and Williams (those that support it) dialed down to 10-15 seconds and it seems to be a non-issue during group play tournaments. Our location is free play and a lot of patrons mash the start button, get four players, and walk away after a few balls. We limit to two players on machines that support it unless it's a tournament or a request. Three to four players is rare if it isn't a tournament. Easy enough to adjust when needed.

I can see in a free play environment those needs. That short a timer would need to then start after the 'Intro' sequence on ball one.

Quoted from JagDaniels:

I also would really enjoy that, just because elliot and chase team up.

The brothers have a bit of a rivalry, so, maybe they would be on different teams

Quoted from epotech:

Ferret, when a ball is saved via the right outlane, there needs to be something. A sound effect would work. It must be worth more than just being in the shooter? Maybe another go at a skillshot.

We have talked about it, but give the tach component, a skill shot would be too much of a reward on top of what is basically a 'ball save', but maybe we can do something to acknowledge it.

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We have talked about it, but give the tach component, a skill shot would be too much of a reward on top of what is basically a 'ball save', but maybe we can do something to acknowledge it.

Doesnt have to have the tach element, maybe hit randomly selected 1, 2 or 3. if in multiball just score & autoplunge to not halt the action.

#3032 2 years ago

One of our primary goals on Hot Wheels was to have the rules be very straightforward. It's very easy to explain to players that Skill Zone 2 is better than Skill Zone 1, and Skill Zone 3 is better than Skill Zone 2. If that relationship changes on every ball, it becomes pretty confusing to many players.

If you're nailing Skill Zone 3 * 4x Flipper Rev + Super Skill Bonus every time you launch the ball... congrats! You're a much better player than most people.

#3033 2 years ago

Goals and Rules on Hot Wheels are great and the straightforward approach is the way for this game. I think it's really nice as is. Great job AP.

Non pin people and pin heads alike enjoy Hot Wheels when I have had them over to play. Everybody enjoys it. Great pin, well thought out, shoots well and the package all around is put together nicely - well executed.

#3034 2 years ago

I would just love to have some kind of Car Collector Showcase mode to page through all the cars I’ve accumulated over time. Maybe activated by some combo of buttons. I’m not even particularly nostalgic about Hot Wheels the toy, nor have I ever been a collector. But it would be both rewarding and amusing to check out all these great cars AP put into the game (400 apparently!!). A lot of them are hilarious and have goofy names. And the content is already in the game! Just need a little programming to make it available through a viewer.

Quoted from Ferret:

If you're nailing Skill Zone 3 * 4x Flipper Rev + Super Skill Bonus every time you launch the ball... congrats! You're a much better player than most people.

Yeah I’m in the camp of people who like it just as it is. Rev the tach + soft plunge + hit the orbit is pretty easy to explain but hard for occasional players to master. I nail the skillshot probs 1 in 3 times, and of those probably hit zone 3 about 2/3 the time. Remains a nice challenge. Plus it fits the theme brilliantly.

#3035 2 years ago

I joined the club on Friday! My amazing wife, kids, family and friends threw me a surprise birthday party for my 50th at 1984 Branson Arcade in Branson, MO. My wife and kids with the help of my brother (Gov) then surprised me again with a new Hot Wheels pinball machine! Wow, what a birthday... So blessed to have such a great wife, kids, family and friend! And I'm excited to be in the club.

image_123927839 (2) (resized).JPGimage_123927839 (2) (resized).JPGimage_67204609 (1) (resized).JPGimage_67204609 (1) (resized).JPG
#3036 2 years ago

Gratz!

Gov sold me my first pin… TRON: Legacy (Pro) which is still part of my collection and the last one I would sell (and even then only to someone who is close by and would let me play it all the time)!

Really looking forward to the day I get a Hot Wheels

#3037 2 years ago

The skill shot audio choreography could be tweaked. You should get skill shot 1 on a hard plunge instead of 2, but there’s some audio dead air like when you pass 2 but are just a hair short of 3.

It would be neat to acknowledge the bounce out to the shorter lane.

Shaker use outside of the modes?

More random audio. You never get the “why…because I’m evil” line. Tons of great audio clips from the series, would be cool to hear more back and forth between chase and Elliot.

More Mystery awards? Maybe… 3 words…super ultimate…. Garage.

Dig the game.

-c

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Quoted from CraigC:

The skill shot audio choreography could be tweaked. You should get skill shot 1 on a hard plunge instead of 2, but there’s some audio dead air like when you pass 2 but are just a hair short of 3.

Sorry, I get 3 most of the time, so not sure what you are talking about I'll have to try it out.

Quoted from CraigC:

Obviously we try to find the right balance so there is not too much shaker where it loses its effectiveness. But we will look for places that would benefit. Suggestions always welcome. Set the shaker adjustment to 'heavy' to get more shaker action in game play. Can't recall what it adds on Hot Wheels, might just be pops.

Quoted from CraigC:

More random audio. You never get the “why…because I’m evil” line. Tons of great audio clips from the series, would be cool to hear more back and forth between chase and Elliot.

While some of the lines are from the YouTube show, the speech in the game is not, but are sound-a-likes and all speech had to go through a lengthy review process with Mattel, although only a few lines we had to change or get rid of. We have some additional speech that has not yet made its way in, often it is about finding the right places (and time) to drop it in. I like the "I'm Evil" in the intro, but maybe we will find some other place to use it.

BTW, I'm doing a Houdini stream with Jack Danger on Thursday, where we will be showing a new feature, one that will also be making its way to Hot Wheels.

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

BTW, I'm doing a Houdini stream with Jack Danger on Thursday, where we will be showing a new feature, one that will also be making its way to Hot Wheels.

See you then! Bring Tequila.

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

See you then! Bring Tequila.

I guess I'll be DD

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Wow, what a birthday...

What, you didn't notice the 300 lb box your wife hid at the back of the closet?

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'm doing a Houdini stream with Jack Danger on Thursday, where we will be showing a new feature, one that will also be making its way to Hot Wheels.

Does this mean there will be a new code for Houdini by Thursday?
*edit* I just saw the "beta" code on the Houdini thread.

#3043 2 years ago

Just joined the Hot Wheels club. Man, I'm having more fun with this game than I have with any other new game in the past bunch of years.

However, I'd say 1 out of every 15 games I have an issue where all of the coils will completely die (and no, I'm not talking about when it goes into Red Line Mania, or when Red Line Mania ends).

Sometimes it will happen when the game first starts - the ball won't kick into the shooter lane and there's no power to the flippers.
Other times it happens during the middle of game play. Usually during a multiball. Coils will die, balls will drain, I'll get my end of ball bonus, and then the coils will work again for the next ball. Once or twice it happened when double flipping to skip the multiball animation.

Anyone else experience this issue?

#3044 2 years ago

mhmm... not really but sounds maybe something is wrong with the coindoor switch ?

Put an USB stick in the USB Service slot nearby the coindoor on the left side when open. The game automatically will write a logfile that you can send to the AP service team.

#3045 2 years ago

When this happens do you have to hard restart the game...ie power cycle via switch?

#3046 2 years ago

Oops bounce out to the shooter lane, the game is kinda like whatevs whenever this happens.

Yah pretend you’re playing with people who aren’t experts

Interesting about the audio as there’s so much to choose from, it’s odd that they’re particular about it

Quoted from rosh:

Sorry, I get 3 most of the time, so not sure what you are talking about I'll have to try it out.

Obviously we try to find the right balance so there is not too much shaker where it loses its effectiveness. But we will look for places that would benefit. Suggestions always welcome. Set the shaker adjustment to 'heavy' to get more shaker action in game play. Can't recall what it adds on Hot Wheels, might just be pops.

While some of the lines are from the YouTube show, the speech in the game is not, but are sound-a-likes and all speech had to go through a lengthy review process with Mattel, although only a few lines we had to change or get rid of. We have some additional speech that has not yet made its way in, often it is about finding the right places (and time) to drop it in. I like the "I'm Evil" in the intro, but maybe we will find some other place to use it.

#3047 2 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live

Check out the stream from UK Pinfest, where epotech 's game which was dropped on the way, played faultlessly all weekend. Although as only 1 person entering the comp had ever owned one it made for some confusion as to what to shoot for, and not too many great scores.

#3048 2 years ago

I have only had my Hot Wheels for less than a week, but is there a setting to only allow 3 letters for high scores? I didn't see one in the settings, I am hoping I just missed it. If I put the game on location I want it limited to three letters because some people think its cute to put inappropriate words if allowed more than three letters.

#3049 2 years ago

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf

See table 3-11 standard adjustments.
Limit High Score to 3 Characters options: ['On', 'Off'] default: 'Off'

Quoted from ita47:

I have only had my Hot Wheels for less than a week, but is there a setting to only allow 3 letters for high scores? I didn't see one in the settings, I am hoping I just missed it. If I put the game on location I want it limited to three letters because some people think its cute to put inappropriate words if allowed more than three letters.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf
See table 3-11 standard adjustments.
Limit High Score to 3 Characters options: ['On', 'Off'] default: 'Off'

Thanks for the fast response. I totally missed it when I was looking last night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.