Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 85.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You have no idea - it's one of those jobs where nobody cares about what you do until something breaks, and then it's THE.MOST.IMPORTANT.THING.EVER when something does... then when you spend several sleepless nights straight fixing, the amnesia kicks in and it's back to nobody cares. Fun times!

This is really sad and it's too bad! I have a lot of respect for the people that do this work! I'm sorry things are this way. People suck!

#2952 2 years ago

Hey guys, as you wished, i just have to paint all that stuff. Small version for the original draven shot.
I think i have to do a cutout for the plastic, but i have to try it in the pin.
I was not sure if the small tower looks too small but i think it's still pretty cool.

16274007338134821126737444119300 (resized).jpg16274007338134821126737444119300 (resized).jpg
#2953 2 years ago

Getting a Hot Wheels next week. Any adjustments needed before putting it on the floor?

#2954 2 years ago

I just would recommend different foam pads behind all targets (higher density) and maybe reduce the flippercoil power to reduce airballs.

Some people have issues with crackling sound but you can adjust the amplifier settings, i also changed the noise cancelling box against a better one.

But it is a very stable game...

You will like it !

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Getting a Hot Wheels next week. Any adjustments needed before putting it on the floor?

Most everyone has to change to good quality Velcro (see link) or the cars will fall off onto the playfield.

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Fasteners-Perfect-General/dp/B000TGSPV6/ref=sr_1_21

* Reducing flipper power was all it took for me to solve air ball problem. But I set my pitch to 6.5.

Also, I turned down the light show brightness to 6 from 10. The RGB inserts are supper bright!

I also turned the back glass lighting down to 1 to eliminate the reflection on playfield glass.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

If on route - I'd add screws to afix cars to the stands - otherwise leave on the cable ties holding the cars.

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Hey guys, as you wished, i just have to paint all that stuff. Small version for the original draven shot.
I think i have to do a cutout for the plastic, but i have to try it in the pin.
I was not sure if the small tower looks too small but i think it's still pretty cool.[quoted image]

Amazing work! Both look great.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

If on route - I'd add screws to afix cars to the stands - otherwise leave on the cable ties holding the cars.

This. For location play, we recommend (encourage) screwing the cars in from underneath the brackets.

Also, don’t use any of those shiny chrome balls. They magnetize easily and cause ball tracking issues.

#2959 2 years ago

Seems I did something right tonight. 18 minute game with a monster 15 billion Car Chaos Multiball on my way to 17.7billion new personal best. I just kept a second Car Chaos Multiball going for ages (combined with Loop and Epic and a battle I think, who knows) and was hitting everything, and the light show was insane. Was only in second gear too! All my other best scores were in the 2 billion range lol

EDIT: I meant "Car Chaos" multiball

994EBA3A-F008-44B1-9229-7CC05EAD47CF (resized).jpeg994EBA3A-F008-44B1-9229-7CC05EAD47CF (resized).jpeg

#2960 2 years ago

That's insane, and when all the stars align ...congrats

#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

That's insane, and when all the stars align ...congrats

Yeah wish I had a video for no other reason than just to show off the awesome light show from this table when Car Chaos and a couple of other modes are doing their thing at the same time and racking up the billions by the minute. And because I'm mostly staring down at the flippers trying to keep these 4 or 5 balls in play and kind of miss the show myself!!

I'm getting a hand-me-down Macbook Pro in the fall that I might rig up to record the good ones. Seems like I'm steadily getting better at this!

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from RYE_:

a monster 15 billion Car Chaos Multiball

Well, dang. That’s insane. Congrats!

(And honestly, now I’m gonna go review the scoring progression for Car Chaos… it’s meant to be potentially valuable, but 15B is… a lot. )

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I used hot glue and it has worked perfectly. It is even removable if you wish.

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I screwed the cars to the standoffs...post #1450

Robert

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

(And honestly, now I’m gonna go review the scoring progression for Car Chaos… it’s meant to be potentially valuable, but 15B is… a lot. )

Thanks! As part of that run I hit a 400M Tricera and a 350M Epic, which I assume stacks with the Chaos. I remember hitting the turbo kicker a heck of a lot too, tach was running hot. I must have been in 3rd gear too because I did Red Line twice that game. It was all mayhem.

#2966 2 years ago

It's done... I decided to integrate the plastic to the tower, but also its possible to remove the plastic. The small just moved a bit foward because i forgot to fix it

I like both of the towers you'll find a video on youtube.

20210801_205344_HDR (resized).jpg20210801_205344_HDR (resized).jpg20210801_205427_HDR (resized).jpg20210801_205427_HDR (resized).jpg

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

It's done... I decided to integrate the plastic to the tower, but also its possible to remove the plastic. The small just moved a bit foward because i forgot to fix it
I like both of the towers you'll find a video on youtube.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would love one to paint. Let me know if I can buy one.

#2968 2 years ago

Yeah, sure i can send you one, but i live in germany. If you know someone that can print this thing, i can send you the model.

I just have to redesign the weakpoints. Then it is good to go.

Glad you like it... Btw. My paint skills are primary school

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Yeah, sure i can send you one, but i live in germany. If you know someone that can print this thing, i can send you the model.
I just have to redesign the weakpoints. Then it is good to go.
Glad you like it... Btw. My paint skills are primary school

I love this! Is there any chance you could send me the model?

#2970 2 years ago

For sure i will...

#2971 2 years ago

Awsome model . Where to find, Thingyverse?

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Rescinding my 17B score! Further gameplay indicates one of my car standups was triggering multiple hits. So in Car Chaos it was adding up to cuckoo scores. Kinda too bad because it was one of my best-played games anyway at a run of like 18 minutes and a really, really good multiball in which nothing drained for several minutes.

Just as well perhaps. The family agrees that resetting the machine high-scores seasonally keeps the competition live.

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Awsome model . Where to find, Thingyverse?

Yeah i think i have to wait 24 h to upload it, but it will be online there. Hope you guys enjoy

#2974 2 years ago

Good afternoon. I'm going to clean and wax tonight but I was wondering what stripping/cleaning agent everyone is using before waxing. Traditionally I've used naphtha for my system 11 and Gottlieb sys3 pins. I wanted to make sure that there isn't something different about AP playfields that would result in a problem. I also have Novus 1-3 as well but rarely use them.

#2975 2 years ago

Personally -- not an API corporate recommendation -- to clean any modern game, I don't use any stripping/pre-clean agent. I first do a wipe-down with a clean lint-free cloth, then use Novus #2 on all surfaces where the ball rolls... let the Novus sit for awhile before wiping it up (again with a clean lint-free cloth). If you're waxing, use the hardest carnauba you can.

Enjoy!

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Personally -- not an API corporate recommendation -- to clean any modern game, I don't use any stripping/pre-clean agent. I first do a wipe-down with a clean lint-free cloth, then use Novus #2 on all surfaces where the ball rolls... let the Novus sit for awhile before wiping it up (again with a clean lint-free cloth). If you're waxing, use the hardest carnauba you can.

For home use, you might consider Novus 1. Squirt on lint free cloth.

LTG : )

#2977 2 years ago

Draven Tower for Pinball AP Hot Wheels https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4926433

#2978 2 years ago

Hey guys has anybody had issues with the magnet in this game? I've got a fairly new Hotwheels with around 400 plays and the magnet has failed. Won't work in test mode. I've pulled the board to test the transistor etc. That's ongoing. Anybody else experienced it?

Will also raise it with AP direct. Cheers.

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

magnet has failed.

Did you check it's fuse ?

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:Did you check it's fuse ?

Thanks Lloyd, if we are talking about the fuses mounted on the I/O board, then yes.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Hey guys has anybody had issues with the magnet in this game? I've got a fairly new Hotwheels with around 400 plays and the magnet has failed. Won't work in test mode. I've pulled the board to test the transistor etc. That's ongoing. Anybody else experienced it?
Will also raise it with AP direct. Cheers.

Start with this troubleshooting video:

If needed, please open a service ticket here: https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Start with this troubleshooting video:
If needed, please open a service ticket here: https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Thanks very much for that. I will check the magnet and come back to you.

Cheers.

#2983 2 years ago

Novus 2 has abrasive, #1 does not. You only need an abrasive if trying to remove ball swirls or scratches. It will remove small amount of clear coat so not needed for a simple cleaning. Vacuum first, then clean with Novus 1, then wax. No need to remove old wax!
Here's a super handy kit for your shop vac for cleaning pinball machines! It gets into the hard to reach places.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BSJCLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

#2984 2 years ago

Yup, keep your balls clean and good shape and Novus #1 should be all you need.

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Thanks very much for that. I will check the magnet and come back to you.
Cheers.

Can confirm a failed magnet. Service ticket raised. Thanks guys.

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup, keep your balls clean and good shape and Novus #1 should be all you need.

Dang I have been using Dial for that.

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Dang I have been using Dial for that.

Yes, stay away from anything with abrasive!

#2988 2 years ago

Not bad for day 1 of ownership. Thanks to everyone here for the tricks, tips, and overall good vibes that helped make me pull the trigger on this one. It's a blast so far!

20210810_203636 (resized).jpg20210810_203636 (resized).jpg

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Not bad for day 1 of ownership. Thanks to everyone here for the tricks, tips, and overall good vibes that helped make me pull the trigger on this one. It's a blast so far!
[quoted image]

OMG ! Good score...

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

OMG ! Good score...

Haha thanks! What are defaults for extra balls? Feel like there may have been one too many but not sure what the previous owner had things set at. LOVE the API Cockpit menu on the whole but didn't see much that would show factory defaults.

#2991 2 years ago

When you're paging through the Settings, values in green are defaults, values in white are owner adjustments. You can also go to Settings > Presets, scroll through the presets, and see exactly what settings are made for each one. (Sorry about the tiny text.) Factory default is the Medium preset. From the factory, Extra Balls are given for score levels ("replay"), 40 cars collected, and 2 Hero Cars collected.

Enjoy!

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

When you're paging through the Settings, values in green are defaults, values in white are owner adjustments. You can also go to Settings > Presets, scroll through the presets, and see exactly what settings are made for each one. (Sorry about the tiny text.) Factory default is the Medium preset. From the factory, Extra Balls are given for score levels ("replay"), 40 cars collected, and 2 Hero Cars collected.
Enjoy!

This is awesome @ferret, much appreciated! The customer service and AP team interaction in here was a big reason I bought this pin. You guys knock it out of the park.

#2993 2 years ago

Ferret and the other AP support guys are great
Had a funky recurring situation that we could not pinpoint, but AP didn’t give up although I may had been a PITA, they never let me down

We got it done, and Hot Wheels is way under rated IMHO

#2994 2 years ago

SO STINKING CLOSE to Legend MB last night! Apparently you have to beat Draven's mode to get Roger Dodger, if he escapes it doesn't count. Drained out on my attempt to restart the mode...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1120430880

#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:SO STINKING CLOSE to Legend MB last night! Apparently you have to beat Draven's mode to get Roger Dodger, if he escapes it doesn't count. Drained out on my attempt to restart the mode...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1120430880

Yup, while you don't have to defeat all of his creatures, you do have to defeat Draven if you want a shot to become a hot wheels, I mean a Hot Wheels legend. If you don't defeat him, you can pick up from where you left off if you spell battle again and re-start the mode.

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Yup, while you don't have to defeat all of his creatures, you do have to defeat Draven if you want a shot to become a hot wheels, I mean a Hot Wheels legend. If you don't defeat him, you can pick up from where you left off if you spell battle again and re-start the mode.

Good to know we pick-up progress where we left off. Does it resume on exactly the same task? In other words, if we hit four letters and a car the first time in the battle, the mode will resume needing to hit the second car target? I need to update the rules wiki with what I've been learning...

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Good to know we pick-up progress where we left off. Does it resume on exactly the same task? In other words, if we hit four letters and a car the first time in the battle, the mode will resume needing to hit the second car target? I need to update the rules wiki with what I've been learning...

You resume at whichever phase you were at when you failed, so in your example, you would have the same four letters completed and be on the second car target.

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hobbypinball how tall are those toys?
They look great
I would like to do that too, but have a low ceiling.

Sorry - been away. Adds 12 inches

#2999 2 years ago

Thanks, not enough clearance for me in my basement, but I really think that was an inspired choice.

#3000 2 years ago

Thanks to Lawnboy helping me create my topper and led lighting behind the head. What a fun pinball. Super happy I joined the club this week.

20210819_194012 (resized).jpg20210819_194012 (resized).jpg20210819_194006 (resized).jpg20210819_194006 (resized).jpg20210819_194009 (resized).jpg20210819_194009 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/60?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.