Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 85.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i just had a 2.6B epic fail with Collect lit. ARRRRRRRGH! lol

Oh no, Chuck! That beats my 1.3 Bil epic fail. Brutal! I see this just happened while you were streaming Hot Wheels.

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I see. I am not looking to exploit the system, just going to keep trying to get it a little lower. Not that there is anything wrong with taking advantages of loop holes just to see how low you can get it.
On another note I haven't been able to get out of third gear. I have loosely pursued it but moved over to focusing on race time.

That is a good approach to focus on one series of events at a time. I would suggest if you are trying to max out the gears, just keep practicing hitting the letters and the booster. To overall help all training try setting the game to five balls and then once you get the hang of it set it back to three. It's your machine and you can set the rules .

#2853 2 years ago

i just had a 2.6B epic fail with Collect lit. ARRRRRRRGH! lol

That is a truly epic fail. Not everyone agreed with me on Epic Fail, but sometimes you need to "celebrate" failure as much as success.

Quoted from pinstyle:

I see. I am not looking to exploit the system, just going to keep trying to get it a little lower. Not that there is anything wrong with taking advantages of loop holes just to see how low you can get it.
On another note I haven't been able to get out of third gear. I have loosely pursued it but moved over to focusing on race time.

Just did not want you making yourself too crazy about trying to get sub one minute. Lots of different "achievements" to go for, enjoy them all.

Advancing gears -- skill shot very important, turbo boost when lit (via pops) first awards Turbo Boost (once per gear) but then it awards an "RPM Boost" which can then help get to the next gear. Third gear is sort of the sweet spot, you can get there, you can keep the tach at decent level (e.g. 6+) for the scoring boost, but if you get to fourth or fifth, can be much harder to keep the tach up and you could end up with lower scoring then a high RPM on gear 3.

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

That is a truly epic fail. Not everyone agreed with me on Epic Fail, but sometimes you need to "celebrate" failure as much as success.

Just did not want you making yourself too crazy about trying to get sub one minute. Lots of different "achievements" to go for, enjoy them all.
Advancing gears -- skill shot very important, turbo boost when lit (via pops) first awards Turbo Boost (once per gear) but then it awards an "RPM Boost" which can then help get to the next gear. Third gear is sort of the sweet spot, you can get there, you can keep the tach at decent level (e.g. 6+) for the scoring boost, but if you get to fourth or fifth, can be much harder to keep the tach up and you could end up with lower scoring then a high RPM on gear 3.

Epic fail is AWESOME! I love when a game taunts me to play better. It's one of the little touches that makes Hotwheels such a great game. HOWEVER - 2 things- Epic Fail needs a champion award, and if you tilt during your epic fail you don't get any fanfare for missing it (which is what i did today).

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Oh no, Chuck! That beats my 1.3 Bil epic fail. Brutal! I see this just happened while you were streaming Hot Wheels.

yup- i have to go back and clip it from the stream.

#2857 2 years ago

2 things- Epic Fail needs a champion award, and if you tilt during your epic fail you don't get any fanfare for missing it (which is what i did today).

Did it give the Epic Fail screen? The clip cuts out. I agree on a tilt you should not get that message.

Adding an Epic Fail Champion, we will give it some thought.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Did it give the Epic Fail screen? The clip cuts out. I agree on a tilt you should not get that message.

no- it never gave me the epic fail message. Not sure if it was because of the tilt or because the extra ball screen took priority over it. On a different note after completing loop crash/victory multiball there was a point where it sounded like the game was playing all the different multiball music tracks at the same time. I can get you a link to it if you want.

#2859 2 years ago

I think getting to fifth gear feels like a mini wizard mode in itself. So far I've only been to 4th gear and I have played a ton. The problem is I get so distracted in everything else that is going on. That's what I love about it.

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

That is a good approach to focus on one series of events at a time. I would suggest if you are trying to max out the gears, just keep practicing hitting the letters and the booster. To overall help all training try setting the game to five balls and then once you get the hang of it set it back to three. It's your machine and you can set the rules .

That is my normal method to all different games I play. It makes sense to break the game down and work on one thing at a time. Not that I always play like that, sometimes its nice to just work with the randomness of the game. Five balls?....never lol. Yea I didn't realize the turbo boost was such an integral part of increasing rpms. Once you get to third gear it almost seems impossible to get to fourth just by hitting the targets alone. It just takes too many hits to them to achieve that. Thanks for the advice guys.

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

That would be funny ! Really...great idea.

#2862 2 years ago

Ok. Anyone ever have their magnet stop working? My game appears to be working 100% except the magnet no longer activates at the beginning of a race or during loop crash mb. Tried to check all the connections and don't think I missed any. Fortunately code allows the game to work fine without the magnet but I would like to get it up and running if possible. Do these ever just go bad? I noticed it shortly after a code update. Is there a "turn off magnet" string that i may have switched on by accident?
Last time I opened a ticket with ap the issue was embarrassingly easy so I figured I would try here before wasting their time.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Last time I opened a ticket with ap the issue was embarrassingly easy so I figured I would try here before eating their time.

Please open a ticket. Believe me. Tech support love the easy ones.

Quoted from majicman110:

Do these ever just go bad?

No. Broken wire, unplugged. Turned off. Blown fuse. Type stuff.

LTG : )

#2864 2 years ago

My Hot Wheels arriving tomorrow - so excited. Not my first pinball (have a TAF and JP Prem) - any suggestions after unboxing?

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

My Hot Wheels arriving tomorrow - so excited. Not my first pinball (have a TAF and JP Prem) - any suggestions after unboxing?

playing it !

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

My game appears to be working 100% except the magnet no longer activates at the beginning of a race or during loop crash mb.

Go into the service menu-tests-switch test.
Roll a ball up the left orbit and make sure the two sets of switches (left orbit enter and left orbit made) in that lane are registering.

#2867 2 years ago

Bought Hot Wheels in February and just hit 1000 games played last night. Still enjoy this game, keeps you entertained.

#2868 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Ok. Anyone ever have their magnet stop working?

Mine did. AP tech support (Dave) was all over it. He's even made a tech video for it.

Take your multimeter and measure the open circuit resistance of the magna coil. If there's no continuity then it's dead and requires replacement. The replacement is super easy. Cheers!

#2869 2 years ago

Unboxed my Hot Wheels tonight. Instant like - so fun, so much to do, great callouts on game what to do. Hate to say it - shots feel better and more fun than my JP Prem.

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Unboxed my Hot Wheels tonight. Instant like - so fun, so much to do, great callouts on game what to do. Hate to say it - shots feel better and more fun that my JP Prem.

This game is overlooked by a lot of the pin public. They either haven't had a chance to play it yet or don't know much about it. It's a great pin. As things start to get to more of a normal, more people will play it and I suspect more will want this game for their home.

Really looking forward to AP game #4....

#2871 2 years ago

Love playing HW - I have noticed a constant "chirping" sound while the game is on. almost like a hard drive that is constantly being read - any ideas?

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Love playing HW - I have noticed a constant "chirping" sound while the game is on. almost like a hard drive that is constantly being read - any ideas?

Glad you like the game but I don't know what that could be. To help Dave and the AP team:

* Is it on all the time?
* Does it start at a certain point in the game?
* Same volume?
* Have you turned up the volume to see if the chirping gets louder along with everything else?
* Same question turning down the volume?
* Not plugged in with any other high voltage equipment etc right? (Just asking).
* Does it sound like it comes from a certain part of the cabinet?
* Might it be an electronic sound effect similar to at the beginning news introduction where it sounds like some of the sounds from "Dialed In" a bit with the electronic modem-ish sounds?

Good luck!

#2873 2 years ago

100% sure it has nothing to do with game sound as it's chirping when the game is silent / not being played.

99% sure it's coming from the power supply.

It is plugged in to the same outlet as 2 other machines (those were turned off and still makes the sound)).

Quoted from pinball2020:

Glad you like the game but I don't know what that could be. To help Dave and the AP team:
* Is it on all the time? YES
* Does it start at a certain point in the game? NO
* Same volume? YES
* Have you turned up the volume to see if the chirping gets louder along with everything else? YES. NO AFFECT
* Same question turning down the volume? YES, NO AFFECT
* Not plugged in with any other high voltage equipment etc right? (Just asking). PLUGGED IN WITH TWO OTHER PINBALL GAMES
* Does it sound like it comes from a certain part of the cabinet? SEEMS TO COME FROM THE POWER SUPPLY
* Might it be an electronic sound effect similar to at the beginning news introduction where it sounds like some of the sounds from "Dialed In" a bit with the electronic modem-ish sounds? NOT A SOUND EFFECT, CONSTANT WHEN GAME IS NOT BEING PLAYED
Good luck!

#2874 2 years ago

Got my Topper and Pin Stadiums installed - makes an amazing machine even better.

The Topper is simple but really is cool with changing LEDs (and only $80). Can be found in the Pinside Market.
DA18B6BD-292A-4721-B6D4-8A5CC60D6045 (resized).jpegDA18B6BD-292A-4721-B6D4-8A5CC60D6045 (resized).jpeg

#2875 2 years ago

Any ideas on the chirping from the power supply?

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

game sound as it's chirping when the game is silent / not being played.

99% sure it's coming from the power supply.

PM sent

#2877 2 years ago

What’s the name of the game again?

322016CB-0E55-4889-A5A8-8F5553B4E50F (resized).jpeg322016CB-0E55-4889-A5A8-8F5553B4E50F (resized).jpeg
#2878 2 years ago

You guys who haven't already rated this game on Pinside need to. It deserves a better rating IMO.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

That would be funny ! Really...great idea.

Adding an Epic Fail Champion would be a terrific idea. We were just talking about this at home last week and felt it would be hilarious. I wish there was a sensor that somehow measured center post saves too. Some of my games I've had 3 or 4 center post bounce outs and the feeling just gets crazier when it happens a couple of times.

Loving this game more all the time. The family have about 350 plays on it in our first month. I've had several games now in the 1.5B range and more regularly unlock Rip Rod, Sharkruiser and Twin Mill. So I'm getting there.

What seems to have made a big difference for me is swapping out the standard flipper rubbers for polyurethane "Super-Bands." Might all be in my head but they feel crisper and more precise and predictable to me. I like the red color on the flippers too, suits the theme nicely.

In other news, check out this pic. I finished a Red Line Mania and all the balls were draining. Two of them went down the respective L and R in-lanes at exactly the same time and I guess with the same force, collided at the center drain, and then sat there in perfect balance. The chances of that happening are just insane. The mode didn't end and the balls just sat there until I shook 'em loose.

truck nuts (resized).jpgtruck nuts (resized).jpg
#2880 2 years ago

One of the many unbelievable situations that this game can serve up! Words cannot describe what sometimes happens.

#2881 2 years ago

Our first Hotwheels games have landed in Dubai, UAE.......Looking forward to unlocking all of the fabulous features in this game whilst promoting AP products here in the sandpit. Fun times ahead.

072BEADD-E445-4371-9A42-7EFEA8224E1C (resized).jpeg072BEADD-E445-4371-9A42-7EFEA8224E1C (resized).jpeg0BB26A62-4A71-436D-991E-1F8252349091 (resized).jpeg0BB26A62-4A71-436D-991E-1F8252349091 (resized).jpeg5F9A46A0-EB88-40D2-A0B0-2FFFD0CD82D5 (resized).jpeg5F9A46A0-EB88-40D2-A0B0-2FFFD0CD82D5 (resized).jpeg94450B57-2952-48B0-B770-269EEEB56A5F (resized).jpeg94450B57-2952-48B0-B770-269EEEB56A5F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

What’s the name of the game again?
[quoted image]

That's what i thought so

758b190b2a141359a818d8a38cbbc86f88d39fa4 (resized).jpg758b190b2a141359a818d8a38cbbc86f88d39fa4 (resized).jpg
#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

That's what i thought so

Love it

#2884 2 years ago

I see comments in the rating reviews about animations being too long! These people don't understand that you can bypass video animations by holding both flipper buttons! Frigging noobs!

#2885 2 years ago

Check this out!

https://superskillshot.com/products/the-mag-wheel-shooter

Buy with confidence. The guy who makes these is an ace of a cat! He'll go above and beyond to take care of you.

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

That's what i thought so
[quoted image]

Be careful if you have little ones! I did something similar and then found my 4 year old standing on the glass trying to get his toys down the next day.

#2887 2 years ago

How do you change the high score lettering to 3 instead of the default of 8?

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

How do you change it from 8 to the more standard default of 10?

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

settings ->Standard->'Limit High Score to 3 Characters':

Quoted from Leachdude:

How do you change it from 8 to the more standard default of 10?

blame Oktoberfest, we had to shrink it down a bit to handle all the tent champions on one page, and did not move it back up to 10, like Houdini. Possible we will change it back to 10.

#2890 2 years ago

Hobbypinball how tall are those toys?

They look great

I would like to do that too, but have a low ceiling.

#2891 2 years ago

If I'm going to swap out the cars...

Hero CarsHero Cars

#2892 2 years ago

Considering adding HW to the collection. Help push me over the top, please. For reference, our other pins are MMr, TMNT (Stern), and GB (possibly on the way out).

#2893 2 years ago

I have a hot wheels and it is just pure fun

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Considering adding HW to the collection. Help push me over the top, please. For reference, our other pins are MMr, TMNT (Stern), and GB (possibly on the way out).

If you can, try it before you buy it. The game has several ways to get high scores, there is a theme where you have to stop the bad guy, Draven, from trying to destroy Hot Wheels City with his dinosaurs. There is a racing mode. Lots to do with the game.

It fits the bill for easy to learn, hard to master.

People when they come over are drawn to that still over Avengers:Infinity Quest so that should tell you something. (Or they just aren't into Marvel properties ).

Game play is fast and the lighting / videos create a unified sense of excitement.

Did that help and push you over to get one?

#2895 2 years ago

Tip of one plastic broke off during play - furthest right simulated pop bumper plastic that extends down to the green car target. Finger Tip of the plastic broke off by the area just over the car target snapping at the screw post. Put in a request to purchase replacement plastic. Circled area indicates area that broke off. Low plastic that runs back to cover the turbo thrust and matches the pop bumper plastics.

BROKEN PLASTIC (resized).jpgBROKEN PLASTIC (resized).jpg
#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Tip of one plastic broke off during play -

Watch for these when they come back in stock. I'm probably going to get a set for mine.

https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-hot-wheels-pinball

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Tip of the plastic broke off by the area just over the car target snapping at the screw post.

That's called the kickback plastic and a replacement is available here: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/hot-wheels-kickback-plastic-pls0080-12

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

If you can, try it before you buy it. The game has several ways to get high scores, there is a theme where you have to stop the bad guy, Draven, from trying to destroy Hot Wheels City with his dinosaurs. There is a racing mode. Lots to do with the game.
It fits the bill for easy to learn, hard to master.
People when they come over are drawn to that still over Avengers:Infinity Quest so that should tell you something. (Or they just aren't into Marvel properties ).
Game play is fast and the lighting / videos create a unified sense of excitement.
Did that help and push you over to get one?

Definitely quite helpful! I'm hoping to play one soon but it's a little bit of a drive.

How tight are the shots? Do you have to be super dialed or can you get into a flow that's a little forgiving?

Any more feedback and insights from owners appreciated!

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Definitely quite helpful! I'm hoping to play one soon but it's a little bit of a drive.
How tight are the shots? Do you have to be super dialed or can you get into a flow that's a little forgiving?

Not IMO. Shots are not too tight. You do get rattle up the center left orbit even with the stiffener though. And the kick back is tight, but that's a good thing IMO. So you can have great games on it. Too easy is also not a concern. I think it's the right balance of difficulty and it's easy enough to understand the objectives. The game is just plain fun and even my wife (very casual player) enjoys it. I think it's under rated and it's hands down the best value out there for a NIB game.
Also, when my league player friends come over the house, they enjoy it a great deal!

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Just order one. You'll like it a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/58?hl=smitherssp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.