20210420_192321 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Draven Tower (resized).png
20210410_191728 (resized).jpg
20210410_104213 (resized).jpg
8FEA641A-DDF0-4637-B315-2B9919E0E665 (resized).jpeg
sound settings (resized).png
1ACD4A3E-EDB9-46DE-8120-1E951C3B8431 (resized).jpeg

There are 2768 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 56.
#2751 8 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Was not even thinking about that one. But that reminds me of something else.

yeah, that, not the quick one I just did

Maybe, would need good beta testers for that.

Beta tester here anytime you want!

#2752 8 days ago

I've found what I think is a bug in the software. Turn volume to 0. Turn off machine. Turn on machine, volume still set to zero but actual volume is max. Easily avoidable, but I've got someone in the house that likes volume at zero, so happens more than I'd like here lol

#2753 7 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:I know you still want to do that thing, rosh.
Then there’s that thing several people have asked for, and those couple things I wanted to throw in. Perhaps ULC just for polish?
Yeah, who knows...

Quoted from rosh:

Was not even thinking about that one. But that reminds me of something else.

yeah, that, not the quick one I just did

Maybe, would need good beta testers for that.

#2754 7 days ago

Has anyone installed a cliffy's protector set yet? If so any tips/tricks before I dive in on mine?

#2755 7 days ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Has anyone installed a cliffy's protector set yet? If so any tips/tricks before I dive in on mine?

I didn't know Cliffy had a set for Hot Wheels.

#2756 7 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

HotWheels-Complete002-st (resized).jpg
#2757 7 days ago

OK, I love Cliffy's and have them on my Hobbit, DeadPool and also had them on my Star Trek pro. But on Star Trek the 2pc Shooter Lane ejects above, caused me severe auto launcher problems. Drove me nuts until I removed them and solved the problem. So keep this in mind. I never had a problem with these on my other two machines though.

#2758 7 days ago
Quoted from shelfoo:

I've found what I think is a bug in the software. Turn volume to 0. Turn off machine. Turn on machine, volume still set to zero but actual volume is max. Easily avoidable, but I've got someone in the house that likes volume at zero, so happens more than I'd like here lol

I reproduced that problem... we'll get it fixed for a future code update. Nice find! Thanks for the report.

#2759 7 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The last I saw these were on his "to build" list and I think he was gauging interest. I was not able to order a set at that time, this was maybe a month ago.

#2760 7 days ago
Quoted from shelfoo:

BTW, until the fix is released, the workaround (if it's acceptable to your household) would be to reduce the volume to 1 instead of 0; that should work as expected.

#2761 6 days ago

The only thing I would like to see different is some roar during the battles. Slightly too boring.

#2762 6 days ago

Done. That's a big plastic around the VUK loop! Have to remove quite a bit to get at the playfield for the protectors there.

Nothing difficult though.

Just the rail guard left to install.

Probably just over an hour total time.

edit: to note, ended up having to adjust the ball trough switch slightly. mine must have barely been registering but with the lane protectors I guess the ball is raised an another 16th of an inch. Give away was could not do the RPM skill shot. Hitting flippers didn't increase rpm as it figured the ball was already in play vs sitting on the switch.

The switch wire is angled under the playfield and hits the underside of the playfield preventing the switch wire and switch rising up ......so you need to change that bend/angle to allow for more travel up towards the top of the playfield before also bending the switch wire up to make up for the ball being raised slightly........if that makes any sense.

#2763 3 days ago

I installed the easy ones. Didn't want to tear apart the upper playfield to install some of them. Will probably be a winter project for them.

#2764 1 day ago

I have a question. What are the steps in making a playfield? I'm guessing there's a bit more to it than drilling some holes in a piece of plywood and slapping a bit of paint on it.

#2765 12 hours ago
Quoted from Weazel:

I have a question. What are the steps in making a playfield? I'm guessing there's a bit more to it than drilling some holes in a piece of plywood and slapping a bit of paint on it.

This is a bit outdated as there is digital printing on modern pins but this gives you a general idea:

Cheers!

#2766 7 hours ago

That's a very interesting video of the process. Thanks smitherssp

Now for something completely different. One of our pinballs sounded like Fred Flintstones car rolling down the playfield. A bit of adhesive and target was attached to one ball. As I was cleaning them up I noticed that on another ball, there was a circular surface on it that was highly cratered like the moon. We can tell by its sound which one it is. It seems as if the case hardening had not penetrated the ball entirely. That's one ball I wouldn't want in a bearing!
I've ordered a new set of balls from MrPinball but I'm wondering how often the balls should be replaced?

#2767 5 hours ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1323-life-s-add-ons/05063-hot-wheels-topper

Hello all. Loving the game but I thought it needed a nicer topper. Here is a lighted topper I made.

#2768 5 hours ago
Quoted from Weazel:

I've ordered a new set of balls from MrPinball but I'm wondering how often the balls should be replaced?

As often as needed.

Not trying to be glib about it, but I find it really hard to quantify that. Can't really say "number of games", because some games play longer than others (based on both the game design as well as the skill of the players). Also, the design of some machines tends to have balls striking metal often, whereas other designs have the balls more frequently hitting softer materials like rubber and plastic. And if your machine is in a more humid environment, the metal parts (including the balls) may be more likely to pick up some oxidation than if you're in a dry, cool environment. etc etc etc... lots of variables that make it hard to say "every year" or "every 1,000 plays" or whatever as a reference for replacement.

Instead, I'd suggest taking the balls out and examining them closely every couple months, or every few hundred plays. Feel all around them (my 14-year-old self is filling in the jokes fast and furious right now) for any pits, nicks, or other irregularities, and visually examine for the same. If you see or feel any notable irregularity, rust, etc... pitch it and get a fresh one. Balls are just too cheap to risk a bad one scratching up your nice playfield. Whether or not you replace any of them, after examining them, I like to polish them with a lint-free rag sprayed with a few squirts of Novus #1, and drop them back into the machine directly from that rag, to minimize skin oils and corrosive perspiration from lingering on them.

That interval is also a great time to clean and wax the playfield. Everyone has their own routine, product choices, etc for this -- it's darned near a religious debate amongst pinball collectors -- but it should be done periodically to keep the game looking great and playing great. And while you're doing that, keep your eyes peeled for any rubbers that are starting to break.

Pinball ownership is much like car ownership: you can treat it like a newborn child and wipe away every speck of dust the moment you see it... or you can be sloppy about it and probably get away with it for the most part... but by and large, good maintenance practices give the best long-term experience.

Enjoy!

There are 2768 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside