975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 85.
#2701 2 years ago

I just made it to Battle Draven and I failed miserably. Not sure if this is a good score but I'm still shaking.

20210420_192321 (resized).jpg20210420_192321 (resized).jpg
#2702 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Not sure if this is a good score but I'm still shaking.
[quoted image]

If your shaking, it had to be a good score. Once you reach the pinnacle of any game it bring out the Shaker.

#2703 2 years ago

Great work, Scoot and to anyone who gets to battle and/or capture Draven. It is very frustrating when the ball drains just before we can get him but that makes it all the more satisfying when we do.

#2704 2 years ago

Good morning,
I have a spare SVS SB1000 subwoofer and would like to add it to my Hot Wheels machine. Best suggestion on wiring this up.
Thanks in advance.

--Ron

#2705 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Good morning,
I have a spare SVS SB1000 subwoofer and would like to add it to my Hot Wheels machine. Best suggestion on wiring this up.
Thanks in advance.
--Ron

Run wires (with or without alligator clips) from the subwoofer on the bottom of the cabinet to the speaker level inputs on your sub (red/black posts on lower right). You may want to apply some AP-1 anti rattle tape to your playfield glass so that you can not only turn up the factory subwoofer but also provide full signal level to your external sub.
Sub (resized).pngSub (resized).png

#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is there a bug where you can't start the race when you hit the skill shot on ball one? The magnet catches it but the race doesn't start for the rest of ball one. I had that happen for crash loop mb as well, magnet would catch but wouldn't start the mode. I hit the left orbit at least 4 times, but the next ball it started when I hit the orbit.

Did you ever figure this out? Our machine is about 3 weeks old and it just started the behavour of not always starting the race or loop/crash multiball even if it catches on the magnet.

#2707 2 years ago

Try going into Tests > Switch, and roll a ball up the left orbit -- preferably several attempts at various speeds... make sure that BOTH "Left Orbit Enter" and "Left Orbit Made" get triggered consistently. If either one sometimes doesn't register, it could result in the symptom you describe... in which case, a little adjustment of the errant switch should hopefully fix things up.

#2708 2 years ago

Ferret is there a way for me to acquire a replacement plastic for the game? it's for the one just behind the stand up on the left side of the Turbo Boost shot. I see it's commonly broken, from what i've read. but i don't see any for sale on the website. i'd like to avoid buying an entire set just for that, but i suppose i'd do that if I had no other choice. but even that extreme doesn't seem to be an option. thanks!

#2709 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

replacement plastic for the game

We will have spares of this plastic available soon on the API store.

#2710 2 years ago

Any one have pics of a tricked out Hot Wheels with mirror blades or side art , etc .....?

#2711 2 years ago

No need to "trick it out", side art is standard on Hot Wheels!

#2712 2 years ago

Nice ....

#2713 2 years ago

Just played this pin again before bed. Redline is such a cool feature. Couldn’t stop playing till I got on my leaderboard. This game always feels classic as in 1970s early 80s pin. Guess that’s why I like it so much over my other pins. Reflecting on my young impressionable years. If anyone is checking out the thread to decide to buy one like I did, get it. You won’t be disappointed.

I may sell a Pin in my small collection for something I can’t live without later, but right now, not this one at all, nor space shuttle.

#2714 2 years ago

Yes it does have a "classic" feel to it. A top notch game that makes you want to play again and again. Attack from Mars gives me that feeling - likewise Hot Wheels. It is a top of the heap game to me. One of my favorite games in my collection for sure. I don't think you could tire of playing Hot Wheels. It checks all the boxes and is a lot of fun and a well rounded game.

#2715 2 years ago

I installed the clip protectors from a pinballshop in germany, it looks so nice ! I love it...

The game is still amazing !

#2716 2 years ago

Team AP,
Not asking what but approximately when will you be announcing your next release? Like everyone else, need to make sure we are saving our pennies to buy one (and that will require many pennies).

Thank you!

#2717 2 years ago

My piggy bank is bursting. Let er rip. I'll shovel up them pennies and cash them in on announcement.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes it does have a "classic" feel to it. A top notch game that makes you want to play again and again. Attack from Mars gives me that feeling - likewise Hot Wheels. It is a top of the heap game to me. One of my favorite games in my collection for sure. I don't think you could tire of playing Hot Wheels. It checks all the boxes and is a lot of fun and a well rounded game.

I haven’t had a chance to play one in person... but it looks like a modified Houdini layout... no?

Where’s the entrance to the blue ramp on the right side?

#2719 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I haven’t had a chance to play one in person... but it looks like a modified Houdini layout... no?
Where’s the entrance to the blue ramp on the right side?

Very different from Houdini. The right blue ramp entrance is actually the left orbit shot.

#2720 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 9.59.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-29 at 9.59.16 AM (resized).pngTo be clear, not picking on the game... just thinking out loud. The basic shot layout (scoop right... and the fan... and the shot up the middle) are pretty much same locations, no?

#2721 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

[quoted image]To be clear, not picking on the game... just thinking out loud. The basic shot layout (scoop right... and the fan... and the shot up the middle) are pretty much same locations, no?

Yeah I get you visually, but physically playing them they shoot nothing alike.

#2722 2 years ago

ok about the layout (even if... )

but for what i've seen/study in HW, and playing in Houdini, absolutly not feeling these similar, one is speed & flow, the other is stop & go

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

[quoted image]To be clear, not picking on the game... just thinking out loud. The basic shot layout (scoop right... and the fan... and the shot up the middle) are pretty much same locations, no?

Yep, layout may overall look similar from a bird's eye view but they play differently. I don't own a Houdini but have played a lot of it and like it for what it is. I do own a Hot Wheels.

Try a Hot Wheels if you can and see for yourself

#2724 2 years ago

Is there a recommendation for wear/dirt protection at the flipper buttons?? My game is only going to be used at home, but of course we all get dirty hands, me mostly from restoring old pinball machines. I tried to put on the area protectors that Titan sells, put them on all my past/current games as needed, basically thick saran wrap that goes around the flipper buttons, but it will not stay on this cabinet. Seems the decals are textured compared to other decals??

#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Is there a recommendation for wear/dirt protection at the flipper buttons?? My game is only going to be used at home, but of course we all get dirty hands, me mostly from restoring old pinball machines. I tried to put on the area protectors that Titan sells, put them on all my past/current games as needed, basically thick saran wrap that goes around the flipper buttons, but it will not stay on this cabinet. Seems the decals are textured compared to other decals??

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/cabinet-wear-protector-black-dcl0020-00?_pos=1&_sid=b5bf71177&_ss=r

#2726 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Gameplay is good but...no option to turn the backglass light down during JUST gameplay like a Stern. I get a ton of glare at about half way up the playfield with stock settings. I dont want the backbox to be dim when its not being played so Im going put a piece of voodoo glass on it today but if you code guys could split the backbox settings into two settings, one for during gameplay and one for attract mode that would be great if its possible still.

#2727 2 years ago

Cool thank you, must have missed them before. Do you know if they are adhesive or bolt on?

#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Cool thank you, must have missed them before. Do you know if they are adhesive or bolt on?

They are adhesive. Just put them on myself.

16198091191366738360050435999512 (resized).jpg16198091191366738360050435999512 (resized).jpg
#2729 2 years ago

It's been 2 months since we have had our HW machine and I have been busy as a beaver (Weazel)! I've been importing HW cars, posters, booklets and anything HW that appeals, from all around the world. This is what our setup looks like.20210421_145604 (resized).jpg20210421_145604 (resized).jpg20210428_140815 (resized).jpg20210428_140815 (resized).jpg

On the ceiling, either side and just forward of the player, we have illumination from two non directional frosted 12W LED bulbs. This helps with playfield dark areas and illuminates the walls surrounding the machine but doesn't detract from the amazing HW light show. On the walls are HW posters and the rules of the game from the HW Service Manual, next to the player. Each time we finish play, the machine is covered with a purple queen size fitted bed sheet to keep the dust off. We always wipe the glass, buttons and contact areas with streak free wipes before putting it to bed. Its amazing how much spittle builds up after play. No need to explain the use of the fan!

Inside the machine we have the 5 Hero Cars. Boneshaker on the spinner, Rodger Dodger, Twin Mill, SharkCruiser and Rip Rod. They are secured with very thin cable ties. However our piece de resistance is the 1:18 scale "Slightly Modified" purple dragster shown below. it came from Newfoundland.

So come on everybody, get busy, and lets see some great setups.20210428_140219 (resized).jpg20210428_140219 (resized).jpg

#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

However our piece de resistance is the 1:18 scale "Slightly Modified" purple dragster shown below. it came from Newfoundland.

Ok, purple dragster is badass. Need it. In my room I have changed a couple cars in the game from stock. Notably a raptor car from their Dino car line up. Thought it fitting since my game sits next to my Stern JP.

Maybe I should search for all the cars I’ve owed and see if any pop up ?

#2731 2 years ago

Amazing setup weazel ! Like that purple dragster too !

#2732 2 years ago

That purple dragster should be your topper.

#2733 2 years ago

Very nice setup,great game!

#2734 2 years ago

I would like to see an update to the code to have random skill shots. From the pic I took it looks like the big yellow arrow could move from 1, 2, and 3 position. It would be nice if the skill shot randomly picked the most valuable skill shot. So instead of always trying to shoot for 3 as the best skill shot, the arrow could move to 1 or 2 for the best skill shot to mix things up.

Just a thought.

20210430_150504 (resized).jpg20210430_150504 (resized).jpg
#2735 2 years ago

We discussed that during design, but decided that there was a certain elegance and simplicity of Skill Zone X = +X Tach that was worth protecting. “Plunge 1 for 2, 2 for 3, or 3 for 1!” sounds more like an Abbott & Costello routine than good pinball rules. Also didn’t want the “best” skill shot to be the bottom zone, which can be trivially made.

#2736 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I installed the clip protectors from a pinballshop in germany, it looks so nice ! I love it...
The game is still amazing !

Are those the same as these here?

https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-hot-wheels-pinball

#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Joined the club yesterday. Gameplay is good but...no option to turn the backglass light down during JUST gameplay like a Stern. I get a ton of glare at about half way up the playfield with stock settings. I dont want the backbox to be dim when its not being played so Im going put a piece of voodoo glass on it today but if you code guys could split the backbox settings into two settings, one for during gameplay and one for attract mode that would be great if its possible still.

I have mine at the minimum setting of 1. No glare on playfield glass and BB is still illuminated enough to look good. But no, you can't have different profiles for attract and play and maintenance like on a modern Stern. Just one setting for now.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Try going into Tests > Switch, and roll a ball up the left orbit -- preferably several attempts at various speeds... make sure that BOTH "Left Orbit Enter" and "Left Orbit Made" get triggered consistently. If either one sometimes doesn't register, it could result in the symptom you describe... in which case, a little adjustment of the errant switch should hopefully fix things up.

Hi Joe, thanks for the input. Ran this test and it appears that the rollover for the Left Orbit Enter doesn't always fire, but the opto for the Left Orbit Made seems to work every time. Does the Enter one have to register first in order for the Made one to engage (so as to not confuse the game if the ball comes down from the right side?). If so, what's the best way to adjust the rollover? Take it off and bend the wire so it's closer to the black plastic switch underneath?

#2739 2 years ago

Yes this are the one i used.

I like them

#2740 2 years ago

Did anyone notice that there is no dark spot next to the screen on my previous post? That's because there is a strip of leds on the heatsink of the amplifier. Please do not attempt this yourself unless you know what you're doing, are good at soldering and the use of heatshrink tubing. Wires twisted together won't cut it and you will void your warranty.

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from fundy_pinhead1:

Ran this test and it appears that the rollover for the Left Orbit Enter doesn't always fire, but the opto for the Left Orbit Made seems to work every time. Does the Enter one have to register first in order for the Made one to engage (so as to not confuse the game if the ball comes down from the right side?).

Yes, exactly correct... but when the magnet is supposed to catch the ball, the magnet action is armed on the "made" switch, so if your "enter" switch isn't working consistently, you might get the situation you describe where it's not giving credit for the left orbit shot made, but still catching the ball momentarily.

Quoted from fundy_pinhead1:

If so, what's the best way to adjust the rollover? Take it off and bend the wire so it's closer to the black plastic switch underneath?

You might see if you can adjust the wire without taking the switch off the playfield... when you lift the playfield, you should be able to reach the wire with some needle-nose pliers while the switch is still mounted on the wood. Adjusting switches can be as much art as science... you want the wire high enough so the ball consistently depresses it, and that pressure conveys through to the part of the wire that depresses the actual microswitch... but you don't want the wire too high where it's slowing the ball down or even trapping a slow-moving ball. Aim for fine adjustments: little tweaks can have more of an effect (both good and bad) than you might expect. Also, when testing, you'll get best results testing with an actual pinball... it's tempting to just poke the switch with a finger, but that can give false positives or false negatives.

Hope this helps... good luck, let us know if you need further assistance!

#2742 2 years ago

Is Hot Wheels code complete?

#2743 2 years ago

All the originally designed/intended features are in the code, yes.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more goodies added to the game, though. Both Houdini and Oktoberfest got significant code updates within just the past few months, so American Pinball should have a decent reputation for keeping up with our code.

#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

All the originally designed/intended features are in the code, yes.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see more goodies added to the game, though. Both Houdini and Oktoberfest got significant code updates within just the past few months, so American Pinball should have a decent reputation for keeping up with our code.

Just added a requested feature yesterday, not the first since the last release, so at some point …

#2745 2 years ago

I know you still want to do that thing, @rosh.

Then there’s that thing several people have asked for, and those couple things I wanted to throw in. Perhaps ULC just for polish?

Yeah, who knows...

#2746 2 years ago

Now i am really excited ! Happy to hear...
The code update for houdini was awesome too.

I love Houdini and Hot Wheels and can't wait to see the next AP game. Thanks for the great codes.

#2747 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I know you still want to do that thing,

Was not even thinking about that one. But that reminds me of something else.

Quoted from Ferret:

Then there’s that thing several people have asked for,

yeah, that, not the quick one I just did

Quoted from Ferret:

Perhaps ULC just for polish?

Maybe, would need good beta testers for that.

#2748 2 years ago

Let me think who's Sherlock Holmes and who's Dr.Watson, but as a trainee i would like to help as a beta tester. If that helps

How does this work ?

#2749 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Let me think who's Sherlock Holmes and who's Dr.Watson, but as a trainee i would like to help as a beta tester. If that helps
How does this work ?

I remember we thought hot wheels was Sherlock so that could be the next title!

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I remember we thought hot wheels was Sherlock so that could be the next title!

With the coming of Dennis Nordman and other designers under his tutelage, they may mix things up. A lot.

Time will tell.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/55?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.