20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 86.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Do I place PinballPro's AR-1 anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass or just one?

Both sides if possible. If too tight, then just put it in the bottom side of the glass resting in the channel.

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:Thinking about getting some quotes. What should I expect to pay for an NIB shipped? Thanks.

Price should be like others said, $6300 for pin delivered with free shipping. Recommend the “loaded” version that has the shaker, magic glass (a must for me since I first put this in my other pins , no glare is amazing), side art blades, and a real knocker installed for around $6650.

I ordered mine from Maine Home Recreations just like fellow pinsider Smitherssp. Shane was great to deal with and always kept me up to date with the shipping status. Will buy from them again for sure.

#2653 3 years ago

Hello,
question to the owners of this pinball machine,
is there the same problem as on the houdini: sometimes loss of power on the drummers?
thank you

#2654 3 years ago

Nah... Absolutely not. In this game most of the people prefer weaker settings for the left and right flipper, just to reduce airballs. The game with the lower settings is still brutally fast.

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

sometimes loss of power on the drummers?
thank you

What is drummers? You mean flippers?

#2656 3 years ago

Yes, sorry i am french

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Yes, sorry i am french

No need to be sorry.

You might put your location on your Avatar space where it says unknown. So people know there might be a language barrier if you seek help with a pinball machine.

LTG : )

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Both sides if possible. If too tight, then just put it in the bottom side of the glass resting in the channel.

Luckily the tape came with printed instructions. You basically run it up on side of the glass towards the backbox then u-turn at the end and back down the other side.

The difference IS NIGHT AND DAY! Before I could barely place the subwoofer at 30% with glass rattle. Now with the tape installed I can max the sub volume at the amp. It sounds SO much better!

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
question to the owners of this pinball machine,
is there the same problem as on the houdini: sometimes loss of power on the drummers?
thank you

Hi Seb, I have experienced a momentary loss of power on the flippers. I am not sure what is causing it yet. The first time it happened I adjusted the gap on the left flipper cabinet switch. I have recently experienced it again on the right flipper. At this point I am going to say it just needs a flipper cabinet switch adjustment again.

#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

The difference IS NIGHT AND DAY! Before I could barely place the subwoofer at 30% with glass rattle. Now with the tape installed I can max the sub volume at the amp. It sounds SO much better!

I still have anti rattle tape left over from all my FF speaker upgrades through the years so may install them on my hot wheels. Are you adjusting the amp in the backbox specifically to boost the sub or in the settings manual? May start to tinker with this audio improvement myself. Any recommendations on settings?? I know it’s all about ones ear, but just asking.

#2662 3 years ago

I never had any glass rattle? In fact, I didn't think the sub was very powerful. I hooked up an external sub to improve it. My ACNC needed anti rattle tape! Wondering if something is not right with my setup? I will check these settings again, but I played with them once already and couldn't improve the low end.

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Are you adjusting the amp in the backbox specifically to boost the sub or in the settings manual? Any recommendations on settings??

Great question. Yes, I am adjusting the levels at the amp itself. Max volume (let the computer dictate low level input), max sub, crossover doesn't make much of a difference. I also lowered bass and upped treble a bit. My sub was only at ~30% from the factory. When I turned it up it rattled the glass something wicked. After applying the tape I can now max out of the sub. Again, night and day difference in sub output.

EDIT: After reviewing that PDF it appears that AP recommends the sub be kept very low (1/8th turn). If you instead max this setting the amp can sufficiently power the sub and there's no noticeable distortion. You will most likely however experience some strong glass rattle. I always make sure I'm in the sound test menu when I make adjustments as the test has a nice sine sweep. You'll hear the full range of the sub during this test.

sound settings (resized).pngsound settings (resized).png
#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Yes, sorry i am french

Quoted from LTG:

No need to be sorry

yes, he has ! saying this as a belgian guy of course

(and Seb being a friend)

#2665 3 years ago

Twippy related, I think Dave from AP should have been Rookie of the Year. Looking forward for his baseball card to appreciate to astronomical proportions. Seriously, thanks Dave for all the work and going the extra mile.

#2666 3 years ago

Question as I’ve had my Hothweels now for about two weeks. Why do the High Scores on this screen not lineup? Bugs me that there not all in perfect unison with each other.

8FEA641A-DDF0-4637-B315-2B9919E0E665 (resized).jpeg8FEA641A-DDF0-4637-B315-2B9919E0E665 (resized).jpeg
#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question as I’ve had my Hothweels now for about two weeks. Why do the High Scores on this screen not lineup? Bugs me that there not all in perfect unison with each other.
[quoted image]

They look like they’re lined up starting from the right. Each number doesn’t take up the same space as they do in some fonts. So for example, a score with a lot of ones won’t be as long as one with more zeros, even if it has more numbers.

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

[quoted image]

I think it makes it easier to read/differentiate one line from the other

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

[quoted image]

They do line up. They are right justified so you can see your winning initials once you get huge numbers (you will need the space then ).

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Twippy related, I think Dave from AP should have been Rookie of the Year. Looking forward for his baseball card to appreciate to astronomical proportions. Seriously, thanks Dave for all the work and going the extra mile.

Agree with that. Dave does a great job. He gets an APE- E in my book. Much greater than a twippy.

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

They do line up. They are right justified so you can see your winning initials once you get huge numbers (you will need the space then ).

Thanks guys that makes sense. Once I reach the billion club I'll check it out again. Glad to know it's supposed to look like that.

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I think Dave from AP should have been Rookie of the Year

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Agree with that. Dave does a great job

Thank you for the support! Some good friends I was up against, so i'm happy to have seen them all recognized.

#2673 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Thank you for the support! Some good friends I was up against, so i'm happy to have seen them all recognized.

Too bad all can't get the award. Too often the guys behind the scenes are left out.

#2674 3 years ago

hello, my magnet is correctly picking up the ball. On the other hand, I read that the magnet was also used to accelerate the ball but I never saw that. Can you tell me in which mission this should be done? thank you

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

my magnet is correctly picking up the bal

The magnet will grab the ball to start the race when you shoot the left orbit at the beginning of the game.
The magnet will also grab the game during loop crash multiball, which is achieved by doing several alternating inner orbit loops.

The magnet does not accelerate the ball.

#2676 3 years ago

thanks, i thought i read this.

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:The magnet does not accelerate the ball.

Sorry Dave, you are wrong.

Getting the tach high enough, shoot the left orbit and the magnet will accelerate the ball up the ramp for a faster return.

#2678 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Getting the tach high enough, shoot the left orbit and the magnet will accelerate the ball up the ramp for a faster return.

Huh.. I learn something new everyday. I'll try that.

#2679 3 years ago

It's a somewhat subtle effect, though, so no one should be expecting the Supercharger. But if you've ever shot the left orbit to the blue ramp and thought "wow, that ball moved surprisingly quickly"... it's probably not your imagination.

#2680 3 years ago

Had a couple of instances of the magnet not capturing the ball for race start, part way through a session. No attraction at all but the race starts. Magnet was not working for loop crash MB also.

Also had another A/V crash. No sound and blank screen. Reboot fixed both A/V and magnet. I can't get to the machine for the logs as we're in the middle of a snap 3 day covid lockdown. Both problems seem code related as reboot fixes it.

#2681 3 years ago

:PS)Working with Ferret to resolve problems. With the forum going silent, I can only assume everyone's playing their HW machines! I know I am.

#2682 3 years ago

I can play my hw just one time a week. Because houdini and hw are in my parents home and covid is still making visits risky. But tomorrow i will be able to play again or mod something new. I should get more silent with mods, i modded so much and had so much fun.

I also get excited getting to a cashier in the supermarkt and check the hot wheels available there .
But now it's time to play this game ! Can't wait on updates of this already great game.

1 week later
#2683 3 years ago

*tap tap*

Is this thing on?

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Is this thing on?

Yes. Get over to the Houdini thread and respond to the battery question and where it is.

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Get over to the Houdini thread and respond to the battery question and where it is.

On it. Thanks for the assist, LTG.

Paging brenna98

#2686 3 years ago

Question for you guys.
Got my hot wheels in August and have put a ton of games on it. I have updated the code with each release and haven't had any issues. I would occasionally get an led that would get "stuck" on a certain color, but power cycling would always fix the issue.
However about two weeks ago my rpm insert leds started acting goofy.
My "r" will only alternate between blue and green and won't turn any other color.
My "p" isn't lighting at all.
My "m" is working fine.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
I just submitted a service request through AP yesterday because pinside has been down, but thought I would ask you guys for thoughts or suggestions.

#2687 3 years ago

I just bought my first NIB and it is Hot Wheels. It is everything I hoped for and more. I am so impressed with the pin, I already have an Oktoberfest on order.

20210410_104213 (resized).jpg20210410_104213 (resized).jpg20210410_191728 (resized).jpg20210410_191728 (resized).jpg
#2688 3 years ago

Hey guys,

can we have this ingame ? ? ?

Would be awesome ! Just asking !

#2689 3 years ago

I had a player start Red Line Mania immediately after starting a creature battle (Gorilla). Red line mania ended with an odd some red some green insert lighting then I believe returned to normal creature battle.

#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Question for you guys.
Got my hot wheels in August and have put a ton of games on it. I have updated the code with each release and haven't had any issues. I would occasionally get an led that would get "stuck" on a certain color, but power cycling would always fix the issue.
However about two weeks ago my rpm insert leds started acting goofy.
My "r" will only alternate between blue and green and won't turn any other color.
My "p" isn't lighting at all.
My "m" is working fine.
Has anyone else had a similar issue?
I just submitted a service request through AP yesterday because pinside has been down, but thought I would ask you guys for thoughts or suggestions.

Start by checking the connector to the board to be sure it is fully plugged in

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I had a player start Red Line Mania immediately after starting a creature battle (Gorilla). Red line mania ended with an odd some red some green insert lighting then I believe returned to normal creature battle.

I think this could be software since I believe I was able to duplicate the same situation. I too started Red Line Mania during a battle and after had two inserts stay fully lit and a different color. Would not go away until I reset the machine. One may have been the Super Jackpot insert at the kick back and the other was right next to it on the right. I checked the connectors and all seems well.

Might I just say, the creature battles are tough. I love it!

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think this could be software since I believe I was able to duplicate the same situation. I too started Red Line Mania during a battle and after had two inserts stay fully lit and a different color. Would not go away until I reset the machine. One may have been the Super Jackpot insert at the kick back and the other was right next to it on the right. I checked the connectors and all seems well.
Might I just say, the creature battles are tough. I love it!

I agree it does seem like a software bug though no one responded so maybe this is already known. I can't say exactly what led to this state since it was another player playing and I had just stepped away only to just catch the game starting Red Line while in a creature battle and I know that should not happen.

The snakes get me, they seem to be the hardest. Very fitting that they will escape if too much time has elapsed. You know how snakes are, they are always trying to escape

#2693 3 years ago

Hi folks... if you see lights that are temporarily in a weird state (e.g. when starting or completing Red Line Mania) but soon go back to normal on their own... those may be a software bug. If you see this, please ping myself and/or rosh with as many details as you're able to offer about what was happening around the time of the glitch, and we'll try to get it figured out for the next code update.

If you have a light(s) that stay stuck "forever" until you power-cycle the game, you may have a loose connection somewhere under the playfield... check the connectors to make sure everything is nice and tight. If you continue to have issues, please file a ticket at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> and brenna98 will help you out.

Hope this helps!

Also: pesky snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?

#2694 3 years ago

Got a chance to swap out my intermitting noisy fan on the power supply in the cabinet. Customer service was excellent and with great instructions. Think the whole swap out took 15-20 minutes. Now I have a nice quiet power supply with only a slight hum heard and no fan noise.

Have the game settings on easy to experience all that it offers and love it. It is a perfect blend of amazing light show, hard, but makeable shots for novice players and skilled ones with a great soundtrack. This pin plays at a happy medium between my Willy Wonka and Stern JP. Will be looking forward to the teams next pin, as well as any future updates for this great pin.

#2695 3 years ago

Yes - looking forward to the next pin. Come on AP - do it soon - Let's go ! I'm ready.

#2696 3 years ago

Loop Crash Multiball is so damn fun. I love it when the knocker goes off when hitting the ball off the magnet. Superb programming.

#2697 3 years ago

First try... let's see

Draven Tower (resized).pngDraven Tower (resized).png
#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Neat! Whatcha gonna do with that?

I will mount it nearby the draven drop target, maybe put some LEDs inside and paint it like in the HW City youtube show.
I never printed 3d before in my life, so i hope it gets printed well.
If it works i will put this file on thingiverse so everybody can print it.

Funny would be a little draven nearby the clock in 1/64 scale.

I wish everybody a great day with this machine !

#2700 3 years ago

Big shout out to AP's Tech Service manager Dave Brennan for the care package! I haven't had Zots in 20+ years and they were pure nostalgia! He's apparently psychic as well as he nailed the shirt size.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/54?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.