20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 86.
#2601 3 years ago

Chrome Baby !

16166146352098132996781684872305 (resized).jpg16166146352098132996781684872305 (resized).jpg
#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Chrome Baby !
[quoted image]

ecca6ddfcd621c6ed57ccbd6630b4605 (resized).jpgecca6ddfcd621c6ed57ccbd6630b4605 (resized).jpg
#2603 3 years ago

I lowered my table to 6 degrees - instantly more air balls...........but more importantly took what was a very fun game to me and slowed it to a crawl. For me - going back to 7 degrees. Game is way more fun

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Also what’s a good score on this pin?

That's going to have a bit of an upward curve with some understanding of the rules. For a middle-of-the-road player, shoot billion-plus and get there with some mastery of the skill shot, which will likely get you to Red Line Mania quickly on your first ball, picking up the Rip Rod to drive your EOB bonuses going forward, and then hitting the turbo boost only in multiball or some other mode to max out your scores from it.
I have not been on HW since summer at AP, but I remember one thing about some early, low-scoring games when I was just walking up to it for the first time shooting shots and reading more later:
Do not ignore the tachometer and <i>do not go over the redline on the skillshot.</i> That's a score-killer before the ball is even in play. When your score multipliers are low, you're not getting very much to show for your shots, in or out of a mode, and it takes shots to build it up when you had the chance to save those shots - and the attendant drain risk - right out of the shooter lane.
Even revving the engine lightly with the left flipper and getting it to 5 or 6 off the plunger is going to make a positive difference on every switch you hit, as opposed to starting at 1. I try to aim for 7 or 8.

I liken HW's turbo boost a bit to the 5X multiplier in WH20, except in that it comes as a random whirlpool prize and you can only hope it comes up when you have two balls locked and can quickly start multi and hit the jackpots with the stacked multipliers. HW has this, but it's not random. You only shoot that kickback with turbo lit in the most productive situation possible.

#2605 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Other question has anyone done anything to light up the topper? Looking for suggestions to get some light on it as I keep my room dark with colored lights and it’s obviously not very noticeable with the room that way.

Don't. Lighted toppers just reflect off the playfield glass unless you get non reflective glass which costs too much.

#2606 3 years ago

@jfre81, nice thoughts on scoring... just a bit of a clarification on the skill shot: the flipper-rev is a "hidden bonus" that ONLY affects the skill shot points. More important is plunging the ball to the Zone 3 skill shot, which gives +3 on the Tachometer... that, as you suggest, immediately helps with scoring.

And yes, in general, the key to big points on Hot Wheels is keeping the Tach high, and using Boost wisely.

Oh, off topic, but re: Whitewater's 5X award... it's not actually random. The pop bumpers cycle what the next whirlpool award will be, so if you've got that multiball ready to go and you want to stack 5X, shoot the pops (typically via left orbit) and hope that 5X is lit when the ball exits, then collect it.

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I am also swapping in a replacement 48V supply tonight. I'll try to take pictures to document the process and provide them to AP in the event Dave wants to make a work instruction for accessing the power supplies.

Wondering why you have replace a power supply wit a NIB pin? My NIB should arrive tomorrow via fedex freight and now you have me worried.

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

jfre81, nice thoughts on scoring... just a bit of a clarification on the skill shot: the flipper-rev is a "hidden bonus" that ONLY affects the skill shot points. More important is plunging the ball to the Zone 3 skill shot, which gives +3 on the Tachometer... that, as you suggest, immediately helps with scoring.
And yes, in general, the key to big points on Hot Wheels is keeping the Tach high, and using Boost wisely.

It's been a few months since I played HW, but optimistic that it'll be on the circuit when league reopens summer-ish. Can't come soon enough.

It did seem like if I overshot the 10 on the tach before plunge on the first ball, that I had more shots to make to get RLM.
I do remember the first time I hit the boost in mode and the score went from ~70 to 250M a few shots later, and then I realized what I need to do.
While on its face that seems rather unbalanced, it's a product of skill, shotmaking (and receiving that kickback without draining) and you earn every point of it.
If I ever play FT or CFTBL in league I can just shoot for Monster Fish or Move Your Car ramps/center lane and forget all the other drain-risky stuff on the field, no need for other modes or multi, and if I'm dialed into the same two shots then I can make a that looks nice on the leaderboard. HW makes it a little more involved than that, yet it's easy to understand after a bit of playing.
It's good game design on the part of the rules and software team at AP, if they're out there reading this.

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Wondering why you have replace a power supply wit a NIB pin? My NIB should arrive tomorrow via fedex freight and now you have me worried.

Don't be concerned. It was due to bad ball bearing in the PSU fan. Most likely displaced during shipping. I used to service products with similar PSUs/fans and they were subject to the same failures. The important thing to focus on is that AP was all over it. Tech support called me back, quickly diagnosed the issue, and mailed out a replacement supply ASAP. I completed the entire replacement in less than 30min and that was while taking photos.

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Don't be concerned.

Great News! Glad to hear that American pinball is standing by their games, and arguably they are best looking new pins out there.

Now to wait for that truck and hopefully a happy Thursday playing this great new pin! Than off to Target to buy alternate Hot Wheels cars! Lol.

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

I do remember the first time I hit the boost in mode and the score went from ~70 to 250M a few shots later, and then I realized what I need to do.
While on its face that seems rather unbalanced, it's a product of skill, shotmaking (and receiving that kickback without draining) and you earn every point of it.

Yep, exactly. And I know that for myself, at least, even if I cash in a really good battle + multiball + Epic + turbo setup, often I'll be thinking "oh dang, the Tach was only at 5 when I started all that... if it had been at 9, I could've REALLY blown up the score!!" ... mash that Start button to try again.

Quoted from jfre81:

It's good game design on the part of the rules and software team at AP, if they're out there reading this.

We certainly are, thank you.

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

It did seem like if I overshot the 10 on the tach before plunge on the first ball, that I had more shots to make to get RLM.

The two are also combined, since the benefit of the tach on the skill shot is a a multiplier on what you do on the skill shot, and getting to zone 3 and then making the left orbit, is then a big payoff, but as Ferret said, the zone you reach is what gives the tach the higher level to start the ball.

Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I lowered my table to 6 degrees - instantly more air balls...........but more importantly took what was a very fun game to me and slowed it to a crawl. For me - going back to 7 degrees. Game is way more fun

Unlike Houdini and Oktoberfest where setting the pitch higher than suggested can change the way the game plays negatively, HW will play fine with a higher pitch and some will like it better as it will play faster. Balancing flipper strength with pitch is key to getting the right game play (and minimizing airballs).

#2613 3 years ago

It’s here!!!! There was a minor cut in the shipping box noted on delivery, FedEx guy helped unbox and verified no issues. The tough part was carrying it up 15 steps to the spare bedroom!! The Saran Wrap was so slippery after my hands started sweating, didn’t think I would make it, thankfully I did and now it is a permanent resident! Looked it all over, plugged it in and presto!! Worlds of colors! My phone can’t do the color justice.

Now to learn the rules and start watching the you tube videos!

507FFC50-50BE-4627-9727-DC65914F0361 (resized).jpeg507FFC50-50BE-4627-9727-DC65914F0361 (resized).jpeg6E0E8600-87FE-47EF-8554-1F56BCAA4BBF (resized).jpeg6E0E8600-87FE-47EF-8554-1F56BCAA4BBF (resized).jpeg
#2614 3 years ago

Congrats! Hope you love the game.

Cool NASA speaker panel on Space Shuttle, I’ve never seen that before.

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Cool NASA speaker panel on Space Shuttle, I’ve never seen that before.

Thank you, a fellow pinsider made them a few years ago. Sets the game off nicely!

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Don't be concerned.

Well after the first 3 games, went to eat some lunch, and than the power supply in the cabinet started chirping, guess faulty fan as well, could hear it down the hall. Dang.

Called tech support, put the phone in the cabinet so he could here, yep faulty fan. They are sending out a new power supply, just not sure this will not happen again, maybe a bad batch of components from vendors?? Rest of the game is great and super pretty. Little bummed, but as long as it get covered, I can live with it, just not thrilled.

#2617 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Well after the first 3 games, went to eat some lunch, and than the power supply in the cabinet started chirping, guess faulty fan as well, could hear it down the hall. Dang.
Called tech support, put the phone in the cabinet so he could here, yep faulty fan. They are sending out a new power supply, just not sure this will not happen again, maybe a bad batch of components from vendors?? Rest of the game is great and super pretty. Little bummed, but as long as it get covered, I can live with it, just not thrilled.

It isn't fun to have some issue with your new machine. But that is pinball. Like smitherssp said, having a good partner in AP is much better than winning the everything arrived tip top or you are on your own lottery.

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

having a good partner in AP is much better than winning the everything arrived tip top or you are on your own lottery.

I completely agree!!!

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It isn't fun to have some issue with your new machine. But that is pinball. Like smitherssp said, having a good partner in AP is much better than winning the everything arrived tip top or you are on your own lottery.

Yup! Like Stern's playfield lottery?

#2620 3 years ago

I also had some problems, but AP is really amazing when it comes to service. It was a big reason for me to get a hotwheels instead of a different brand. Also when there was not a hotwheels hypetrain going on in europe, because hot wheels isn't that popular. Now i have a houdini and a hot wheels, and like both sooooooo much.
This company cares, i like that. I also was in the munsters club but hey... The Munsters guys don't care at all .

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE MUNSTERS

#2621 3 years ago

Yep .. cooling fans are the weakest link in electronic equipment. Used to carry a car load of AMDs ( air movement devices ) when I was servicing IBM processors an peripherals. Dry bronze bearing sleeves are the worst offender but they can sometimes be revived with cleaning and oil. Best to use ball bearing fans but they're not infallible either.

#2622 3 years ago

So I have this theory. It looks like when I get a wild airballl, it looks like what is happening is a ball is reflecting off of the RPM targets and actually becoming airborne off of the car standup target to the immediate right. I swear I caught this happening, it happens so fast though.....any thoughts?

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

So I have this theory. It looks like when I get a wild airballl, it looks like what is happening is a ball is reflecting off of the RPM targets and actually becoming airborne off of the car standup target to the immediate right. I swear I caught this happening, it happens so fast though.....any thoughts?

Camera video on super slow mo , maybe ?

#2624 3 years ago

I did think of that. Maybe I can get someone to man my phone while I try and reproduce it. I don’t own any camera equipment. It is almost like the ball is riding up off the back (or side) of that car target. That target is also leaning more and more to the right so it is definitely getting beat up. This is the only place I have air ball issues.

#2625 3 years ago

Ok so now the fan seems to have fixed itself?? No loud chirping noise??? Played a few more game before bed, and gosh darn this is a fun game. Love the adrenaline music, lights, etc.

I will still replace the power supply once once the new power supply arrives, but now the game is whisper quiet like when I first turned it on this afternoon,unless the fan has simply stopped running?????

Either way, love the game, glad I bought it, and I look forward to having this pin for a long time. Reminds me of classic 70s-80s pins that I grew up with, but with modern upgrades like the multiple multiball options in this game. And so far, no crazy airballs as other pinsiders have noted. I have the legs adjusters all flush per the setup flyer. Just good fast pinball, right outline is a bit brutal in this one. but fun all the same.

#2626 3 years ago

So glad you're loving your new game!

Both outlanes do offer some protection... hitting the target above the left outlane a few times lights the Pit Stop ball saver on that side... while there's the launcher lane "escape hatch" on the right outlane. That one can lead to some fun conundrums if the ball is in that vicinity: do a bit of a nudge/slide to coerce the ball into the launcher lane ... but risk tilting? Or let the ball do its thing and hope for the best? Certainly may depend on how many tilt warnings you have available. (Pro tip: if the GI around the flippers is RED, you have ZERO tilt warnings left!) But I've definitely embarrassed myself by nudging the ball into that gap while simultaneously earning a TILT... sigh.

Have fun!

#2627 3 years ago

I ordered a gear shifter shooter rod and plate from hookedonpinball and got it installed today. It looks awesome! And really fits with the theme of the game.

20210325_112707 (resized).jpg20210325_112707 (resized).jpg20210325_112722 (resized).jpg20210325_112722 (resized).jpg
#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I ordered a gear shifter shooter rod and plate from hookedonpinball

That looks sweet. May have to consider this option.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Either way, love the game, glad I bought it, and I look forward to having this pin for a long time. Reminds me of classic 70s-80s pins that I grew up with, but with modern upgrades like the multiple multiball options in this game.

I can say now, that this will probably be the last game I will sell in my collection for a number of reasons.

#2630 3 years ago

For any American Pinball owners of Hot Wheels, Houdini or Oktoberfest that have a moment, we’re looking to analyze the gameplay audits from the collective players base out there to see the frequency of how often various features are started. If you’re interested in helping, please shoot an email of the audits from your game to [email protected]

If you happen to be an IFPA ranked player, please send your player ID number as well in the email.

To copy game logs and audits (Requires: A FAT 32 formatted USB 2.0 drive):

- Open the coin door and locate the provided USB extension cable on the right-hand side of the coin door below the flipper switch.
- Insert the USB drive into the USB extension cable.
- If power is turned off, turn on.
- Wait for the completion screen on the monitor and remove the USB drive.
- Power cycle the game.

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

For any American Pinball owners of Hot Wheels, Houdini or Oktoberfest that have a moment, we’re looking to analyze the gameplay audits from the collective players base out there to see the frequency of how often various features are started. If you’re interested in helping, please shoot an email of the audits from your game to [email protected]
If you happen to be an IFPA ranked player, please send your player ID number as well in the email.
To copy game logs and audits (Requires: A FAT 32 formatted USB 2.0 drive):
- Open the coin door and locate the provided USB extension cable on the right-hand side of the coin door below the flipper switch.
- Insert the USB drive into the USB extension cable.
- If power is turned off, turn on.
- Wait for the completion screen on the monitor and remove the USB drive.
- Power cycle the game.

Files sent

#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I ordered a gear shifter shooter rod and plate from hookedonpinball and got it installed today. It looks awesome! And really fits with the theme of the game.

I didn't see it on their website. Did you reach out directly? What was the cost if you don't mind us asking?

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

(Pro tip: if the GI around the flippers is RED, you have ZERO tilt warnings left!)

Nice detail One of the things that separates AP from the herd

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I didn't see it on their website. Did you reach out directly? What was the cost if you don't mind us asking?

I just ordered one from there after seeing the post here this morning. Shooter rod was $49.95 and they also have a housing plate for $19.95 so I got both. Use the search box and type in shooter rod as nothing comes up under Hotwheels.

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I just ordered one from there after seeing the post here this morning. Shooter rod was $49.95 and they also have a housing plate for $19.95 so I got both. Use the search box and type in shooter rod as nothing comes up under Hotwheels.

Thanks. Do you have a link?

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Thanks. Do you have a link?

Here's the link but looks like I might have gotten the last one though. https://www.hookedonpinball.com/apps/search?q=shooter+rod

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

(Pro tip: if the GI around the flippers is RED, you have ZERO tilt warnings left!) But I've definitely embarrassed myself by nudging the ball into that gap while simultaneously earning a TILT... sigh.
Have fun!

Thank you. I did not know that about the GI. Happy to still be learning new things about Hot Wheels.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Here's the link but looks like I might have gotten the last one though. https://www.hookedonpinball.com/apps/search?q=shooter+rod

If he is sold out, maybe he can make some more if demand is high enough.

#2639 3 years ago

Just ordered. I texted the owner and he said he had more in stock and would update his site.

shifter combo (resized).pngshifter combo (resized).png
#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

but how do you get to fifth gear?

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I didn't think of that! We've only gotten to first gear on the game so far.

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Each hero car you collect, you move up a gear. So you need all five Hero cars. You will then experience Legend Multiball. And become a legend!

#2643 3 years ago

Question. Thinking about getting some quotes. What should I expect to pay for an NIB shipped? Thanks.

#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

He gets it, And so do I. Haha

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question. Thinking about getting some quotes. What should I expect to pay for an NIB shipped? Thanks.

$6300 Free Shipping or $6800 Free Shipping for the works. Shaker, knocker, side blades and glass. I believe

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correct. $6300 delivered from @mainehomerec. Shane Bouchard the owner was a pleasure to do business with.

Dumb question: Do I place PinballPro's AR-1 anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass or just one? PFA

AR-1 tape (resized).pngAR-1 tape (resized).png
#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Each hero car you collect, you move up a gear. So you need all five Hero cars. You will then experience Legend Multiball. And become a legend!

Not sure if you were joking, but this is not correct. Hero cars do not shift gears.

To shift gears, you redline the tach (via the RPM targets) to get to redline mania, at the end of which you shift up a gear, increasing scoring.

You will get a hero car the first time you do Redline Mania.

My comment was about the gear shifter shooter rod, which only shows 4 gears.

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

My comment was about the gear shifter shooter rod, which only shows 4 gears.

That what I was thinking too. 4 speed shifter. It does look good.

#2649 3 years ago

This is the best support ever! All I did was inquire about buying the parts on my game which had broken. I did not expect to receive a hand written letter and a package including Zotts! I love Zotts!

1ACD4A3E-EDB9-46DE-8120-1E951C3B8431 (resized).jpeg1ACD4A3E-EDB9-46DE-8120-1E951C3B8431 (resized).jpeg
#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Do I place PinballPro's AR-1 anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass or just one?

Both.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/53?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.