Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 85.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Yea, same here. I have no idea. I am at very close to 6.5 degrees, probably a little under I think it was. My target stickers are getting beat to hell. The targets themselves seem to be holding up fine. The playfield has a lot of ball dents but so does my Dialed In. My plan is to play these playfields to death. Then either hang them on the wall or throw them in the trash when I get a new one some day (hopefully). I get the same though once in a while, wild ball launch right over the flipper. I am waiting for the glass to shatter, only then will I consider it an Epic game lol. In all seriousness maybe someone will figure something out. Not that it is a solution but the factory flipper setting is too high, but it does help to lower it.

Have you considered running at factory spec pitch? 6.0 instead of 6.5?

#2552 3 years ago

Another task I assigned myself was to track down and purchase the Hero Cars in the game and place them inside the machine tied down with cable ties. We're creating a HW nook with HW posters on the wall with some depicting our favourite AFL footy team, Hawthorn. My mate (friend) is real big on American footy. A purple 1:18 scale HW dragster will be our topper or I may mount it at the bottom of the head. Here's what I discovered about the Hero Cars. The boneshaker on the spinner is unique. There are similar but the skull and crossbones are unique. The Twin Mill depicted is pretty plain so we went for the 1999 #960 4/4 Game Over Series. The Rodger Dodger is 2003 35th Anniv. Custom Rodger Dodger. Rip Rod is 2014 #120 HW Off Road and the purple sharkcruiser I bought in a lot of 8 cars. I don't know the details on that one.

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Fred over at Game Room Goodies is an American Pinball distributor, which is certainly a contributing factor to them being here in Arizona.

Is there a problem getting pins from AP, Or is he selling at a discount? I would hope its the bad ass game driving sales, not steep discounts. With that said, can i get his #, i want a pin at discount!

#2554 3 years ago

I noticed tonight that my EPIC start and EPIC collect stand up targets, in addition to starting the EPIC modes, are awarding the lane letters like the rollover switches in the lanes do. I swear it didn’t use to do that, and I’m wondering if it’s related to the audio video crash I had the other day.
Is this normal and I just never noticed it before???
Running latest code and haven’t noticed anything else unusual. I’m getting kinda old so maybe I’m losing my mind.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

What happens when it crashes? Is it just a reset back to square one, or does it just lock up in some random state? Maybe you have intermittent power to your motherboard or some other related component? I would look closely at all the cabling if you have not already. It is at least something you can do while you wait to capture the logs and send them out.

It just locks up. And yes, good advice! I've been meaning to get to this. Just no time last couple weeks.

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Have you considered running at factory spec pitch? 6.0 instead of 6.5?

I will take another reading, see where I am at and dial it down. Maybe it is just a little too much.

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

I noticed tonight that my EPIC start and EPIC collect stand up targets, in addition to starting the EPIC modes, are awarding the lane letters like the rollover switches in the lanes do. I swear it didn’t use to do that, and I’m wondering if it’s related to the audio video crash I had the other day.

If Epic isn't running and Epic Start isn't lit, the Epic Start target has always spotted an E-P-I-C letter. Just makes it a little more likely that players will get some Epic features started.

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If Epic isn't running and Epic Start isn't lit, the Epic Start target has always spotted an E-P-I-C letter. Just makes it a little more likely that players will get some Epic features started.

Damn, I am losing my mind
Thank you!

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Little bummed but still hopeful my Hot Wheels pin will arrive in NC soon. Ordered Tuesday, Maine recreation said it should ship next day, than Thursday, than Friday. Still nothing. Called shipping company Dayton Freight with BOL # and they had no info for of any deliveries to my zip code. Lady on phone did a another search and said it may be picked up Monday now, but could not confirm. Not sure if this is a distributor issue, shipping issue, or stock at American pinball. I hope this will all be worked out soon, just a bummer that I’m having issues of just getting something picked up, let alone delivering the pinball machine safely.

The game was been scheduled to be picked up since Thursday, but the trucking company Dayton kept rescheduling the pick up for some reason. The latest update is that it is scheduled to be picked up today. I will report back later to confirm if it has shipped. Fingers crossed they pick it up today.

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is there a problem getting pins from AP, Or is he selling at a discount? I would hope its the bad ass game driving sales, not steep discounts. With that said, can i get his #, i want a pin at discount!

GameRoom Goodies is a recently appointed AP distributor and they have doing doing a great job selling all of our games, including many Hot Wheels on location in the area. The reason for the many Hot Wheels on locations is is due to the demand for the game. We are finally meeting the unmet demand for Hot Wheels and our other games by having GameRoom Goodies distributing for us in that area. Give them a ring at (855) 987-4263.

(Hot Wheels is readily available from American Pinball. Order with confidence!)

#2561 3 years ago

Good to hear Hot Wheels is getting out on locations. More exposure equals more sales and More FUN for pin players to get to play and try this game. Hot Wheels is a great game! Push some more of these out....

And Hey - bring on game #4 soon !

#2562 3 years ago

I'm joining the club today. Picking up a Hothweels from a fellow Pinsider this evening. Played my best friends a good bit and really enjoyed it. Definitely a great layout and I recall the light show being killer. Can't wait to get it home and all setup. Any tips or suggestions let me know. I'm also into modding things so if there's some you guys highly recommend I'm all ears. Thanks.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I'm joining the club today. Picking up a Hothweels from a fellow Pinsider this evening. Played my best friends a good bit and really enjoyed it. Definitely a great layout and I recall the light show being killer. Can't wait to get it home and all setup. Any tips or suggestions let me know. I'm also into modding things so if there's some you guys highly recommend I'm all ears. Thanks.

Pingulp and put in your favorite Hot Wheels cars.

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You can call us at 855-987-4263, we are right here in Avondale as well. I will shoot u a PM
Thank you!

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

It's an awesome game, I recommend playing at the recommended 6 degrees and cranking up the flipper power by two notches. You can tweak from there to fit your needs.

Also, check to see if you have the ramp inlane mod, it's a little piece of metal that helps with the spin caused when the ball drops into the inlane...Without, you can get very cheap spins to the outlanes from the ramp drop.

I just ordered pinstadiums and a bunch of Mods from the Mod Couple, also the knocker...Will post back with impressions as my HW will be thoroughly pimped out.

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Pingulp and put in your favorite Hot Wheels cars.

Is there a special Pingulp for this pin as I have standard black ones on my others, but am open to something that stands out more.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's an awesome game, I recommend playing at the recommended 6 degrees and cranking up the flipper power by two notches. You can tweak from there to fit your needs.
Also, check to see if you have the ramp inlane mod, it's a little piece of metal that helps with the spin caused when the ball drops into the inlane...Without, you can get very cheap spins to the outlanes from the ramp drop.
I just ordered pinstadiums and a bunch of Mods from the Mod Couple, also the knocker...Will post back with impressions as my HW will be thoroughly pimped out.

Yes seller let me know he installed that mod so I'm good to go there. I'll check out Mod Couple to see what all they have. Thanks for the info especially on the pitch as I recall setting my Houdini to 6 as well instead of 6.5 like the rest of mine.

#2568 3 years ago

I like to do my own mods, i posted them a while before. But the newest will be a spinning sign of hot wheels and a 3d Model of the Draven tower ! Never printed 3d but if it turns out quite cool, i will put it for free, so everybody can print it !

My game needs a fix but modding keeps me entertained !

Bild_2021-03-22_183739 (resized).pngBild_2021-03-22_183739 (resized).png
#2569 3 years ago

After doing the pop bumper tire mod I felt they needed to have some light. I only had white leds on hand but I think they look pretty good.

1F5CFC87-FB7D-4AEB-9089-8BC07E4C5FE7 (resized).jpeg1F5CFC87-FB7D-4AEB-9089-8BC07E4C5FE7 (resized).jpeg77E86F19-E0E1-46F2-9501-B4FD5FA44D39 (resized).jpeg77E86F19-E0E1-46F2-9501-B4FD5FA44D39 (resized).jpeg
#2570 3 years ago

For any folks going to the Pinbrew 2021 show in Ohio (April 8-10), Hot Wheels will be set up to play at the CoinTaker booth. This will be the first pinball show to have Hot Wheels. Christmas in April?

Hot Wheels Pinball Cardinal Glenn Children's Hospital St Louis (resized).jpgHot Wheels Pinball Cardinal Glenn Children's Hospital St Louis (resized).jpg

photo: Project_Pinball

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

The game was been scheduled to be picked up since Thursday, but the trucking company Dayton kept rescheduling the pick up for some reason. The latest update is that it is scheduled to be picked up today. I will report back later to confirm if it has shipped. Fingers crossed they pick it up today.

When I called Dayton Freight Friday and this morning, they said it should be picked up today but could not confirm. According to the distributor, Main Home Recreation, they switched shipping companies due to the confusion with Dayton Freight. Now shows it was picked up today by FedEx Freight! Tracking is odd though, on my computer, is says it will deliver to me in NC tomorrow, but on my phone, it says delivery expected Wednesday. Odd. And both are using the FedEx website tracking. I'd believe Wednesday would be more accurate. We will see. I just hope it delivers safely. Have heard of some bad results from other Pinsiders using FedEx. All I know is they were massively backlogged in Memphis, I was delayed by about 5 days getting parts for the aircraft we work on here. Does not make for happy customers when I have to delay their aircraft back into service due to parts issues.

#2572 3 years ago

Apologies for the noob question. This is the first time I've seriously tried to level one on my pins. I'm using a inclinometer and it has been calibrated. I'm good left to right, but I'm getting two significantly tilt angle reading depending on where I measure. I'm squaring up the level the best I can. I assume I'm missing something here? Perhaps there's only one area I should be measuring? Thanks in advance.

20210322_210937 (resized).jpg20210322_210937 (resized).jpg20210322_211002 (resized).jpg20210322_211002 (resized).jpg
#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What part are you talking about here? I never heard of this?
I have the HotWheels Metal Wire Guide Brace to clean-up the flex of the metal wire guide of the left inner lane (the 2nd, 5th & 11th places are located) so a ball shot would not raddle back and forth without completing the shot and add a backhand-able shot from left flipper.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Apologies for the noob question. This is the first time I've seriously tried to level one on my pins. I'm using a inclinometer and it has been calibrated. I'm good left to right, but I'm getting two significantly tilt angle reading depending on where I measure. I'm squaring up the level the best I can. I assume I'm missing something here? Perhaps there's only one area I should be measuring? Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have to take three readings. One at bottom, center and top of playfield (directly on playfield). Then average the three reads.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Thanks in advance.

This might help - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

And your playfield may not be perfectly flat. You might have to do an overall best you can.

LTG : )

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You have to take three readings. One at bottom, center and top of playfield (directly on playfield). Then average the three reads.

Quoted from LTG:

This might help - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html
And your playfield may not be perfectly flat. You might have to do an overall best you can.

Thanks gentlemen. Per usual I always assume user error by default and this is another example as to why.

#2577 3 years ago

Yea its just a slice of wood with a lot of stuff hanging from the bottom. All playfields are like this. What I do is make sure I never exceed 6.5 (or whatever pitch I am shooting for) in any given spot. Even if that means another area is a little less pitched.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have the HotWheels Metal Wire Guide Brace to clean-up the flex of the metal wire guide of the left inner lane (the 2nd, 5th & 11th places are located) so a ball shot would not raddle back and forth without completing the shot and add a backhand-able shot from left flipper.

There was a set of metal ramp guides that were sent out to owners of early machines. It stopped spin in the ball causing it to walk over to the outlines when exiting the ramps. The kits were mailed from your distributor without needing to do anything.
There’s a post somewhere in this thread about which numbers needed the mod, but if you didn’t get a set I would assume your machine doesn’t need them.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Quoted from TVsFrank:

There was a set of metal ramp guides that were sent out to owners of early machines.

This was indeed either send out for early machines or included in later versions.

HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I just use the pinguy app on my iphone which is nice as it has audio to tell you what to do while you're under the pin making adjustments.

Unless you are getting air balls..........i wouldn't get to sciency on levelling. Do what plays good. Thats just one opinion though

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I just use the pinguy app on my iphone which is nice as it has audio to tell you what to do while you're under the pin making adjustments.
Unless you are getting air balls..........i wouldn't get to sciency on levelling. Do what plays good. Thats just one opinion though

Thanks. I'm going to leave it where it is. It plays so much better now. Ramps are much easier to hit now and RPM air balls are few.

#2582 3 years ago

For those getting excessive airballs....... What is the height of the bottom of your target and also mid point on the rivet thing. Also how "far back" or "far forward" are your targets mounted on the underside. this is a picture of my far left target. Is it possible the ball is hitting the rivet above center and its helping to deflect it into the air???

IMG_0440 (resized).jpgIMG_0440 (resized).jpgIMG_0441 (resized).jpgIMG_0441 (resized).jpg

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

how "far back" or "far forward" are your targets mounted on the underside.

Your target in the under playfield shot looks bent back a little, the bracket holding it. So air balls likely started than and will get worse.

I'd bend the bracket back upright or get a reinforced target bracket for it.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

get a reinforced target bracket

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm scroll down to this - Twilight Zone Enhanced Yellow Slot Machine Switch

You could also try firmer foam rubber behind the target face.

#2585 3 years ago

I would tend to agree from a physics point of view. I'd remove the bracket and check that it is bent at 90 deg and then ensure it is perpendicular to the playfield. Bending to less than 90 deg would angle the target towards the playfield and not in to the air.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your target in the under playfield shot looks bent back a little, the bracket holding it. So air balls likely started than and will get worse.
I'd bend the bracket back upright or get a reinforced target bracket for it.

I'm actually not getting airballs - was trying to see if there was a diff for those that are.

#2587 3 years ago

Ok, per FedEx, can’t deliver tomorrow due to truck too big for residential use. So Thursday is the key day for delivery of my first American Pinball machine! Super excited and dang I hope it is perfect and not molested from its trip from Palatine to Winston Salem! Ordered one with magic glass and a real knocker.

Plus, if needed, already have pinnovators sub attachment to my Polk sub for it. If not needed, guess my William’s Space Shuttle pin will get the added bass boost!!

Waiting over a week due to shipping errors sucks.

#2588 3 years ago

The game itself has great sound, but you’re gonna want that sub for Red Line Mania!

#2589 3 years ago

Played my first 2 games on this yesterday, its fun, damn fun. Feels great. Need more time on this one for sure.

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

There was a set of metal ramp guides that were sent out to owners of early machines. It stopped spin in the ball causing it to walk over to the outlines when exiting the ramps. The kits were mailed from your distributor without needing to do anything.
There’s a post somewhere in this thread about which numbers needed the mod, but if you didn’t get a set I would assume your machine doesn’t need them.

Thank you so much for this info!! I did not know this!

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Played my first 2 games on this yesterday, its fun, damn fun. Feels great. Need more time on this one for sure.

Hell yes!

* Can anyone here confirm whether or not decreasing pitch from 6.5 to 6 would reduce air balls? I ask because I'm curious. I am at 6.5 and not having many air balls. But I did reduce flipper power by three notches each. I still get occasional air balls.

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hell yes!
* Can anyone here confirm whether or not decreasing pitch from 6.5 to 6 would reduce air balls? I ask because I'm curious. I am at 6.5 and not having many air balls. But I did reduce flipper power by three notches each. I still get occasional air balls.

Curious on this as well. Just got mine setup tonight and it’s currently at 6.5 and a few air balls. Also what’s a good score on this pin? Guy who sold it to me has a 5 billion GC score on it! That sounds insane to me. Think the pin is one code behind the latest but wow.

#2593 3 years ago

5 billion is definitely a very good score, but not insane. A billion is a good score that intermediate players should get on occasion. The top score during the IFPA Hot Wheels Challenge back in Fall was 13.6 billion.

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

5 billion is definitely a very good score, but not insane. A billion is a good score that intermediate players should get on occasion. The top score during the IFPA Hot Wheels Challenge back in Fall was 13.6 billion.

Thanks good to know. Gives me some goals to shoot for. Other question has anyone done anything to light up the topper? Looking for suggestions to get some light on it as I keep my room dark with colored lights and it’s obviously not very noticeable with the room that way.

#2595 3 years ago

Sticking Shooter Plunger

Was finding the shooter plunger just didn't have the same strength that it use to, after a lot of use. I noticed that the plunger was binding in the plastic guide sleeve. I pulled the plunger back, applied a small amount, a pin heads worth, of a light grease around the plunger and plastic sleeve. Worked it in a bit, released the plunger, cleaned up excess around the washer with a tissue, and hey presto! The power in the shooter was back.

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Weazel:

Sticking Shooter Plunger
Was finding the shooter plunger just didn't have the same strength that it use to, after a lot of use. I noticed that the plunger was binding in the plastic guide sleeve. I pulled the plunger back, applied a small amount, a pin heads worth, of a light grease around the plunger and plastic sleeve. Worked it in a bit, released the plunger, cleaned up excess around the washer with a tissue, and hey presto! The power in the shooter was back.

I'm kind of shocked at how much binding is occurring with my shooter rod for a NIB unit. Maybe some lubricant is in order?

In other news I retuned my amp and it sounds much better, to my ears at least. I tried turning up the sub but OH MAN the glass rattle was intense. I've ordered some AR-1 tape from pinballpro which should arrive tomorrow.

I am also swapping in a replacement 48V supply tonight. I'll try to take pictures to document the process and provide them to AP in the event Dave wants to make a work instruction for accessing the power supplies.

#2597 3 years ago

I’ve been having quite a few issues with the shooter rod as well. Sometimes it will be smooth, sometimes it grabs in places as it gets pulled out. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned sanding theirs down, I’ll probably try that before adding anything greasy.

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I’ve been having quite a few issues with the shooter rod as well. Sometimes it will be smooth, sometimes it grabs in places as it gets pulled out. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned sanding theirs down, I’ll probably try that before adding anything greasy.

What grit does one use? Is it progressive? Wet sand and polish?

#2599 3 years ago

I have just cleaned the shooter rod and housing on other games and then polish the shooter rod with a good mag wheel polish and then hand buff with a clean microfiber rag.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

What grit does one use? Is it progressive? Wet sand and polish?

I’m not sure, I haven’t found the post yet. But I am going to try NoQuarters suggestion above first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/52?hl=smitherssp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.