Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 85.
#2451 3 years ago

How does this works with a log, i tried to find it somewhere in the service information but maybe i missed something. Do i have to put it in the usb cable and the logs went on the USB Stick automatically when i power on/off ?

#2452 3 years ago

Yes, just insert a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive. It copies the log files automatically.

#2453 3 years ago

I'm looking at options for boosting the siren's sound in Red Line Mania. I didn't see an Air-Raid Siren Kit in the API store, so I'm hunting for a solution. It looks like the specific horns for an authentic air-raid feeling and sound require an external power supply. I'm thinking a microcontroller could provide the power while monitoring several areas of the machine for Red Line Mania. The program for triggering an event will be a challenge with a risk providing false alarms. I'd like to simplify the event monitoring to make this happen. Has anyone created something like this before?

This air-raid siren sounds about right, but has some size to it. Perhaps mounting it underneath the cabinet would be best;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010EEH13A/ref=emc_b_5_t

AirRaidSiren (resized).jpgAirRaidSiren (resized).jpg
#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes, just insert a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive. It copies the log files automatically.

I reproduce the stacked RLM music with other MB modes at least once a play session. Usually Victory Lap, although I think it's happened during Track Builder as well. I'll keep a USB stick handy in case it happens on Twitch tonight so I'll have A/V and logs to send.

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I've heard a couple reports of this... similar comment as above: if you hear this again, please note what you were doing at the time of the problem, and capture logs after you finish your game and send them to us. Super extra bonus points if you can record the errant audio and send that too, so we can get an idea of which tracks are stomping on each other.
Thanks!

Right at about the 9:03 mark you can hear the red line mania audio start to overlap the loop crash audio even though red line mania was not running. I pulled logs at end of game if you want them.

#2456 3 years ago

Ah, right... this should actually be fixed already for the next code release. Thanks for reporting the problem!

#2457 3 years ago

Looking to take HW along to a planned show. How easy is it to remove the head?

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

No Lock-ups for me but I am not running the latest code yet. I am still two updates behind but I should be updating today.

I am on the latest code and still getting the lock ups.

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Don't recall any other customer reports of the game locking up. If this happens to you again, if you have a USB stick handy, please capture the logs when you reboot the game, and send them to ferret <at> americanpinball.com. Please verify that you're running the latest code, which is 20.12.10, available at the API support page <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/>.

Will do!
Thanks!!

#2460 3 years ago

Added a nice decal to my Marco Specialties cup holder.. Just apply and cut out notch with razor knife..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HLL6PRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

FYI, these cup holders can be mounted at all four positions with the special removable bracket. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PBY-GSK45
DSCN0138 (resized).JPGDSCN0138 (resized).JPG

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I'm looking at options for boosting the siren's sound in Red Line Mania. I didn't see an Air-Raid Siren Kit in the API store, so I'm hunting for a solution. It looks like the specific horns for an authentic air-raid feeling and sound require an external power supply. I'm thinking a microcontroller could provide the power while monitoring several areas of the machine for Red Line Mania. The program for triggering an event will be a challenge with a risk providing false alarms. I'd like to simplify the event monitoring to make this happen. Has anyone created something like this before?
This air-raid siren sounds about right, but has some size to it. Perhaps mounting it underneath the cabinet would be best;
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

LOL!
Just rig up a foot switch on the floor to manually start and stop it. That way you can choose to not use it at night when others are sleeping! May as well hook up a fan and flashing beacon and bubble machine while you're at it LOL!

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

How easy is it to remove the head?

I'll be making a video instruction for backbox removal this week. If you need to remove soon, just take pictures or mark any connectors you unplug.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I'll be making a video instruction for backbox removal this week. If you need to remove soon, just take pictures or mark any connectors you unplug.

Not till July. Post a link when you've uploaded and thanks.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

all of the wires from the head run down to the Lower cabinet in the back left corner, where there is a bunch of connectors. I suggest using a sharpie to number them a you disconnect to make it easier to put them back together.

Possible the USB cable and/or sub woofer might have to be disconnected in the head, I don't recall.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Maybe just use a rental vehicle to go to the show ? No worries then and no disassembly, assembly with the head.

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

How easy is it to remove the head?

I finished the video for removing the backbox:

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Great video Dave.

I like how you are building video based reference guides and also the speed in which they are posted

#2468 3 years ago

didnt check for now, but i suppose its (quite) the same for Houdini & OF !?

edit : in fact yes it is, the video is not linked to HW but to API games

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

LOL!
Just rig up a foot switch on the floor to manually start and stop it. That way you can choose to not use it at night when others are sleeping! May as well hook up a fan and flashing beacon and bubble machine while you're at it LOL!

I was actually thinking last night that a fan on the game would be pretty cool for when things get "moving". Tie it to the spinning car...........

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

didnt check for now, but i suppose its (quite) the same for Houdini & OF !?

Houdini and Oktoberfest are easier as they have fewer wires going from the head to the lower cabinet.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Nice. I notice the backbox in the video has Orange T-Molding. Is Orange the current production or is that machine custom?

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Knocker officially for sale on API website! Ordered!

Just FYI for any fellow Canadians. This knocker will cost you an extra ~$50 to get through customs for brokerage fees.

#2473 3 years ago

How serviceable are the fans in the backbox? My table is making very typical "fan is about to die" noises. I haven't pulled the glass yet, so I'm not sure if it's a power supply or PC fan that's an issue.

#2474 3 years ago

I notice the backbox in the video has Orange T-Molding. Is Orange the current production or is that machine custom?

That's my service machine. You can get your own t-molding at https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-orange-t-molding.html
Their minimum order is 20 feet. You need 10 to do the backbox, so make a friend with Hotwheels and split the molding.

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

How serviceable are the fan

PM sent

#2476 3 years ago

I believe my unit will be shipping out of AP's facility today. Excited to be part of the HW owners club! Does anyone know what rev code current units are shipping with? Thanks.

#2477 3 years ago

I took a long Hotwheels break after playing it non stop for Hotwheels Challenge. Yesterday i decided to give it a little cleaning/wax and play a few games. i blew it up with 6.5B score and a good reminder how great this game is. The risk reward of stacking everything just right is off the charts. Can't wait to see what is coming up next from AP.

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I believe my unit will be shipping out of AP's facility today. Excited to be part of the HW owners club! Does anyone know what rev code current units are shipping with? Thanks.

Welcome to the club! If the Hot Wheels is shipping from the AP factory now, it most likely has the newest code.

We would love to see pictures of your game when it is set up!

#2479 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. Indeed it is shipping from the AP factory today or tomorrow. I purchased it through mainehomerec
Cheers!
Peter

#2480 3 years ago

Has anybody else noticed, you can bypass the Battle videos with a double click of both flippers? When the video starts, hit both flippers twice in a row and the ball will kick out to begin the battle.

#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Thanks for the info. Indeed it is shipping from the AP factory today or tomorrow. I purchased it through mainehomerec
Cheers!
Peter

Your Hot Wheels is shipping today from American Pinball. Congrats again!

Quoted from Duester:

Has anybody else noticed, you can bypass the Battle videos with a double click of both flippers? When the video starts, hit both flippers twice in a row and the ball will kick out to begin the battle.

Pressing both flippers can also cancel out other pre-mode animation sequences, such as the beginning of a Race. I like to watch the sequences to get the full experience, but if you just want to skip them, that is an option.

PRO TIP: If you shoot the left outer orbit to begin a Race, and if you time the 'double-flipping' to cancel the opening mode animation sequence just right, it will allow the ball to skip stopping on the magnet and continue traveling to the blue return ramp and thus to your right flipper. If you are trying to achieve a faster Race time, this is a good way to begin a Race.

#2482 3 years ago

Thanks, Vegas9. I didn't even think about skipping the magnet until you mentioned it .

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from Duester:

any of the cut scenes can be bypassed like this. End of ball summary sometimes does/doesn't though.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

End of ball summary sometimes does/doesn't though.

Double-flipping during the end of ball bonus significantly accelerates it, but does not outright cancel it... that's by design.

#2485 3 years ago

Just curious - what is the car count that forces the car shmear instead of the rows of cars? I am talking about the times I am lucky and keep filling collector casess with cars and am over hundreds of cars and when they show them we get the images overlapping as a shmear on each other without refreshing the screen at end of ball.

Any historical tidbits on cars going to be added into the game in subsequent code updates?

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Just curious - what is the car count that forces the car shmear instead of the rows of cars? I am talking about the times I am lucky and keep filling collector casess with cars and am over hundreds of cars and when they show them we get the images overlapping as a shmear on each other without refreshing the screen at end of ball.
Any historical tidbits on cars going to be added into the game in subsequent code updates?

You're collecting hundreds of cars in a game? How long are these games? I do suspect that you might have a stuck car target switch.

#2487 3 years ago

ahhh. was having an awesome game and seems my VUK switch

Quoted from Ferret:

Double-flipping during the end of ball bonus significantly accelerates it, but does not outright cancel it... that's by design.

Kind of figured that - like it that way.......thanks!

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

You're collecting hundreds of cars in a game? How long are these games? I do suspect that you might have a stuck car target switch.

Could be a stuck switch. It isn't often but it happens if I get in the zone and keep shooting the ball up into the bumpers area and it just bounces around, returns and I shoot it back in. Yes, the few times it happens it makes for long games. That more than makes up for the times I choke and the games last 1 minute and 13 seconds

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Not sure... don't think I've ever gotten hundreds of cars in a single game. I agree with @vegas9, kinda smells like a partly stuck switch somewhere.

Quoted from pinball2020:

Unfortunately, probably not... when I requested the hundreds of cars, I'd also requested some extra info for each, like release year, slogans, trivia, etc... thought it would be fun to have a "collector card" presentation with those details. Alas, that was not to be. On the other hand, some of the names are long enough that it's hard to read them quickly, let alone a bunch of extra text, so maybe it's for the best.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:How serviceable are the fans in the backbox? My table is making very typical "fan is about to die" noises. I haven't pulled the glass yet, so I'm not sure if it's a power supply or PC fan that's an issue.

What fan did this end up being for you? Mine is also making that "fan is about to crap out" noise. I am almost certain mine is coming from the power supply in the lower cabinet.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

What fan did this end up being for you? Mine is also making that "fan is about to crap out" noise. I am almost certain mine is coming from the power supply in the lower cabinet.

It's likely the power supply's end-flaps are vibrating against its cover. I found the PSU end-flaps were not secured from the factory, which produces audible aluminum-to-aluminum noises from a variety of machine vibrations. Looking at the base-to-cover design; the cover is intended to slip over the base without end-flap gasketing nor securing hardware. The PSU cooling fan was loud; sounded like the machine had multiple fans running. You should contact API for assistance as the PSU has 'Void' stickers on the assembly.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not sure... don't think I've ever gotten hundreds of cars in a single game. I agree with vegas9, kinda smells like a partly stuck switch somewhere.

Unfortunately, probably not... when I requested the hundreds of cars, I'd also requested some extra info for each, like release year, slogans, trivia, etc... thought it would be fun to have a "collector card" presentation with those details. Alas, that was not to be. On the other hand, some of the names are long enough that it's hard to read them quickly, let alone a bunch of extra text, so maybe it's for the best.

Sorry to hear that - I think Mattel missed an opportunity there but happy with what we have.

Since you brought it up - How hard would it be to put in during the car presentation something where if we press say the right flipper button it pauses the presentation so we can actually read the car names instead of scrambling fast or trying to remember to record them on a cell phone camera?

I keep looking for "Joe Balcer's Summer Slam Limited Beach Blanket Bingo Dune Buggy and Shark Chaser" to no avail.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Sorry to hear that - I think Mattel missed an opportunity there but happy with what we have.
Since you brought it up - How hard would it be to put in during the car presentation something where if we press say the right flipper button it pauses the presentation so we can actually read the car names instead of scrambling fast or trying to remember to record them on a cell phone camera?
I keep looking for "Joe Balcer's Summer Slam Limited Beach Blanket Bingo Dune Buggy and Shark Chaser" to no avail.

You certainly are not going to find any names that are not official Hot wheels cars. Keep in mind it is not about Mattel missing an opportunity. Our primary contact jumped through a lot of hoops and a did a lot of work to get us what we got. She actually went through a few different departments within Mattel until we found images that would work. The ones from the design guys were really cool, and had some data about the cars, but the images would not work for what we had in mind.

#2494 3 years ago

It's likely the power supply's end-flaps are vibrating against its cover. I found the PSU end-flaps were not secured from the factory, which produces audible aluminum-to-aluminum noises from a variety of machine vibrations. Looking at the base-to-cover design; the cover is intended to slip over the base without end-flap gasketing nor securing hardware. The PSU cooling fan was loud; sounded like the machine had multiple fans running. You should contact API for assistance as the PSU has 'Void' stickers on the assembly.

Thanks Rockford, will do. Admittedly I already opened the case to investigate. I really did think the sticker on top was meant to "not remove" until I saw the void sticker. I am the type to investigate.

#2495 3 years ago

Definitely a big +1 to what rosh said above... the Mattel folks were really fantastic helping us out with everything we needed. And huge props also to Roger Sharpe, who worked constantly to help make it all happen. I for one am delighted that we ended up with as many cool cars in the software as we did! It's always fun when one pops up and I'm like "hey, have I seen that before?!"

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I was actually thinking last night that a fan on the game would be pretty cool for when things get "moving". Tie it to the spinning car...........

Use a leaf blower! Then don't tell anyone and wait until they start redline! I'm in the process of building a VR Pinsim cab for Visual Pinball X VR for use with my HP Reverb G2 headset, and a blower is planned. Whirlwind and Twister are made for it, but you can set it up for many games!

#2497 3 years ago

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not sure... don't think I've ever gotten hundreds of cars in a single game. I agree with vegas9, kinda smells like a partly stuck switch somewhere......

I'd agree with the probability of a stuck switch providing tooo many cars collected. In my experience, I feel it's best to update the Standup Target Backing Foam to reduce this probability.
https://store.american-pinball.com/products/stand-up-target-backing-foam-10-pieces-kit0008-00

However, never underestimate the obsessives mechanisms of a Hot Wheels Collector. I don't if it's a lust for collecting or too much wine after dinner, but there is a threshold where the determination of a player to collect as many as cars as possible will override the games ability to display that collection.

#2499 3 years ago

Here's a clip from last nights Trash Talker Invitational. Nick Destefano crushes Hotwheels in the first game of the tournament. He really starts to blow it up around the 8 minute mark. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/949031097

#2500 3 years ago

I'd agree with the probability of a stuck switch...

as Jack D. on OF, in the RING TOSS mode, this was unreal !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/50?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.