20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 86.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I am very excited to share that American Pinball is back up and running and has resumed building Hot Wheels in our brand new facility in Palatine, IL. Shipping in June. Stay tuned!

Great news! Looking forward to playing Hot Wheels

#202 3 years ago

Waiting to play also!

#203 3 years ago

Promo video?

#204 3 years ago

Good news indeed!!

#205 3 years ago

I'm pretty excited about this one. Any plans in the works for a gameplay video and/or official release?

#206 3 years ago

When can we visit the new factory ?

LTG : )

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

I'm pretty excited about this one. Any plans in the works for a gameplay video and/or official release?

I also would like to see game play and/or explanation of the modes. Inquiring minds want to know more!

#208 3 years ago

Hot Wheels DEEP DIVE on This Week in Pinball coming soon!!

Detail#7 (resized).jpgDetail#7 (resized).jpg

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hot Wheels DEEP DIVE on This Week in Pinball coming this week!!
[quoted image]

Please post a link when one is available. Looking forward to seeing more!

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

[quoted image]

Awesome...can't wait!

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

[quoted image]

Awesome! Looking forward to this one!

#212 3 years ago

Does this mean Rosh can come out of his basement now?
American Pinball heating it up and making it Hot..wheels.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

He's going to need some sun and get a tan.

#214 3 years ago

Recreational is legal in Illinois. Rosh has everything he needs.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I will be soon be emerging from basement, taking a break from final code testing, for two days! Although my daughter has been home from Penn State since spring break, I now have the joy of driving up there to actually get all of her belongings. Sad thing is that I originally planned that when I would go get her, in mid May, I'd be stopping by Helicon and possibly other locations to promote Hot Wheels™.

Quoted from LTG:

He's going to need some sun and get a tan.

Once or twice a day, my wife and I will take the dog for a walk and get some fresh air, but yes, be nice to get some sun.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I will be soon be emerging from basement, taking a break from final code testing, for two days! Although my daughter has been home from Penn State since spring break, I now have the joy of driving up there to actually get all of her belongings. Sad thing is that I originally planned that when I would go get her, in mid May, I'd be stopping by Helicon and possibly other locations to promote Hot Wheels™.

Once or twice a day, my wife and I will take the dog for a walk and get some fresh air, but yes, be nice to get some sun.

Aw man, missed you last time at Helicon. I do hope you come back during late Summer!

#217 3 years ago

The pictures show a wonderfully integrated theme to a family favorite. I can't wait to play this one. GREAT IDEA and WORK AP!

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hot Wheels DEEP DIVE on This Week in Pinball coming soon!!
[quoted image]

Polishing up the Deep Dive and yeah, this is going to be a fun game. The rules are killer.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Polishing up the Deep Dive and yeah, this is going to be a fun game. The rules are killer.

When is it going to be available to watch? And a link would be nice.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

When is it going to be available to watch? And a link would be nice.

Working on it!!

#221 3 years ago

Looking forward to this one. Jumped on the list early look forward to seeing what the team came up with.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking forward to this one. Jumped on the list early look forward to seeing what the team came up with.

I was thinking road trip. Visit AP, JJP, and CGC.

See all the teams gearing up.

Going to be an exciting Fall !

#223 3 years ago

I’ll be a wet blanket. This is a head scratcher of a theme to me. Sure, my 10 year old would be interested, but why would adults purchase this? I guess if it plays great and has awesome code.. but still!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I’ll be a wet blanket. This is a head scratcher of a theme to me. Sure, my 10 year old would be interested, but why would adults purchase this? I guess if it plays great and has awesome code.. but still!

Guess the same could be said about TMNT or dozens of other titles but that’s why Pinball is a unique hobby, not everyone has to like the same thing.

#225 3 years ago

Having never played either Hot Wheels or Mustang, I would look at Hot Wheels first as a theme I would like. I like Mustangs, but not enough to like it more than Hot Wheels.

#226 3 years ago

but why would adults purchase this?

They had Hot Wheels as a kid and like the theme. Game turns out to be a lot of fun and many don't care what it's named ? Some are just AP fans and want the game.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They had Hot Wheels as a kid and like the theme. Game turns out to be a lot of fun and many don't care what it's named ? Some are just AP fans and want the game.

This. I liked hot wheels as a kid. I like playing with hot wheels with my kids now. The game looks cool and the rules look fun (car collecting, track building, shifting gears). After the first videos of hot wheels pinball came out, I went and watched the hot wheels web show. The show was neat and basing some modes on it is a great idea and great use of the screen. Also, I like the games AP has made so far.

#228 3 years ago

Because "adult" themes like "how to survive a global pandemic" and "my credit card debt is out of control" are major letdowns and we need some escapism?

#229 3 years ago

On the other hand pins with themes of
rock-'n'-roll bands that have not been relevant for 30-40yrs whose members sport hair-do's
that could scrape the ceiling or dust the floor make perfect sense.

It's all just nostalgia.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

On the other hand pins with themes of
rock-'n'-roll bands that have not been relevant for 30-40yrs whose members sport hair-do's
that could scrape the ceiling or dust the floor make perfect sense.
It's all just nostalgia.

There's a big difference.
Me and my wife (which btw is 14y younger then me, and Def wasn't around for Beatles, nor gnr) we can both listen to and enjoy back in the ussr or you could be mine.
But, How many times a year, do you think we play with Hot Wheels or watches a cartoon about toys for five year olds?

This theme is possible the worst they Could come up with, and out of their three titles, houdini is by far their best theme, to bad the game is designed by a guy which best game to date is baywatch.
(you may argue simpson(code is what makes it stand out), woz, which is assets and mechs, hobbit, which is asset management)

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

There's a big difference.
Me and my wife (which btw is 14y younger then me, and Def wasn't around for Beatles, nor gnr) we can both listen to and enjoy back in the ussr or you could be mine.
But, How many times a year, do you think we play with Hot Wheels or watches a cartoon about toys for five year olds?
This theme is possible the worst they Could come up with, and out of their three titles, houdini is by far their best theme, to bad the game is designed by a guy which best game to date is baywatch.
(you may argue simpson(code is what makes it stand out), woz, which is assets and mechs, hobbit, which is asset management)

My brother in law and his wife (who is 20 years younger than me) still collect Hot Wheels. They travel around the country attending conventions and shows while spending at least a few grand on cars each year. And there are thousands of people like them.

It’s not a theme for me, but there are plenty of adults in the U.S. who will love it.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My brother in law and his wife (who is 20 years younger than me) still collect Hot Wheels. They travel around the country attending conventions and shows while spending at least a few grand on cars each year. And there are thousands of people like them.
It’s not a theme for me, but there are plenty of adults in the U.S. who will love it.

Great. Lets hope they Buy it, so AP can stay alive. Then they just need a Creative game designer and a knowledgeable go getter for better licenses, then their next game will be a smash, cause quality and as a company they seem great.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

But, How many times a year, do you think we play with Hot Wheels

How many times a year are you tired of being an adult and wish you could bust out the tracks and play with hot wheels again?

#234 3 years ago

At least they went after Hot Wheels and not Matchbox...

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Great. Lets hope they Buy it, so AP can stay alive. Then they just need a Creative game designer and a knowledgeable go getter for better licenses, then their next game will be a smash, cause quality and as a company they seem great.

Damn Mike_J, the entire company is Riding on the weight of your shoulders. Good luck man.

#236 3 years ago

Hot Wheels ONLY for kids! Sorry, but I disagree...

Documentary

World Record Jump

Top 5 Stunts

Like the narrator states in the documentary, I still dream like a kid!

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Damn Mike_J, the entire company is Riding on the weight of your shoulders. Good luck man.

Not sure I’m up to the task, but I’ll spread the word amongst the Hot Wheels cognoscenti.

#238 3 years ago

More...

Hot Wheels Legends Tour - Real Life Hot Wheels

#239 3 years ago

ok... and than any news of what time we should have the stream tonight ?

#240 3 years ago

How does American Pinball not have a video up for this pin?

There is no streaming video showing gameplay besides shitty cell phone footage at a show. You need a stream to show off the game to make people interested. When are you actually going to show the game in full????

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

How does American Pinball not have a video up for this pin?
There is no streaming video showing gameplay besides shitty cell phone footage at a show. You need a stream to show off the game to make people interested. When are you actually going to show the game in full????

tonight...

#242 3 years ago

Where? Twitch? Dont tell me its on Facebook..

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Creative game designer? Have you played the Apollo 13 rocket,Simpsons couch,Houdini trunk shot,Oktoberfest coaster! It may not be flowy for your liking but the most creative and innovative designer ever to take chances in pinball. Forgot to mention he designed Houdini in weeks not months. Everyone else plays it safe or rehashes old ideas.
It looks to me Hot Wheels had to be simplified without the great wow design innovations in order to appease the public of a flowy fan layout game like all the rest. You may like this one?

#244 3 years ago

In terms of good theme, one could ask oneself “have I spent more hours all together playing with Hot Wheels or watching Star Wars?”. For me it’s not even close so I guess that would make Hot Wheels a way better theme. Admittedly, I never had any Star Wars toys.

On the other hand, this game seems to be based more on a tv show which I’ve never seen and not the toy, but I have spent some enjoyable hours watching Star Wars films. But I guess what really wrecks it for me is that the Hot Wheels cars in the pin make brum brum noises which my toys never made. Back in my day, Hot Wheels were zero emission vehicles, but this pin seems to want to celebrate vehicles which pollute. What’s up with that?

But I’m looking forward to watching some of the video.

#245 3 years ago

Where's has AP announced this? Their marketing is non existent.

#246 3 years ago

Everyone keeps talking about the theme and wether or not they can relate to it.
Just curious what your thoughts are on Dialed In? The guy with his arm in the air like its a revolution and Crazy Bob's lottery! Like if they threw a typewriter in somewhere for the hell of it would it matter? Hahaha! WTF?

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

In terms of good theme, one could ask oneself “have I spent more hours all together playing with Hot Wheels or watching Star Wars?”. For me it’s not even close so I guess that would make Hot Wheels a way better theme. Admittedly, I never had any Star Wars toys.
On the other hand, this game seems to be based more on a tv show which I’ve never seen and not the toy, but I have spent some enjoyable hours watching Star Wars films. But I guess what really wrecks it for me is that the Hot Wheels cars in the pin make brum brum noises which my toys never made. Back in my day, Hot Wheels were zero emission vehicles, but this pin seems to want to celebrate vehicles which pollute. What’s up with that?
But I’m looking forward to watching some of the video.

You might be overthinking it

(both are good themes)

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Everyone keeps talking about the theme and wether or not they can relate to it.
Just curious what your thoughts are on Dialed In? The guy with his arm in the air like its a revolution and Crazy Bob's lottery! Like if they threw a typewriter in somewhere for the hell of it would it matter? Hahaha! WTF?

Agreed. And the sales of dialed in reflected the poor theme choice.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

You might be overthinking it

but isn’t that the whole raison d’etre of Pinside - to way overthink stuff that’s otherwise not so important ?

#250 3 years ago

Is there a video yet? Cant find it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.