Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 85.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Other than you won't be running around in your shorts or jammies,

too chilly to just be in shorts, so more of Daytime Jammies or Nighttime Jammies issue.

#152 4 years ago

Sort of off topic, sort of on....

I followed a link to this channel the other day, and I can't stop watching;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN5K3IYZgz-vCWhI_DD01A/about

The production values are great, with fun commentary, great sound effects, and enjoyable racing.

I think I enjoy it more than the real stuff....

Later,
EV

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Sort of off topic, sort of on....
I followed a link to this channel the other day, and I can't stop watching;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN5K3IYZgz-vCWhI_DD01A/about

The production values are great, with fun commentary, great sound effects, and enjoyable racing.
I think I enjoy it more than the real stuff....
Later,
EV

Ok I watched maybe seven minutes of this.

I'd now like to request those seven minutes of my life back

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Given social distancing and the situation here in Illinois, it is possible first stream is me alone in my basement

Hang on, let me set my Skype to do not disturb. I'll be ready to watch the stream in like 30 seconds. And go!

#155 4 years ago

We've got some game details to share with you all.

https://www.american-pinball.com/games/hot-wheels/

Playfield Features:

6 balls
Two ramps with translucent Hot Wheels™ orange and blue coloring
Fully Decaled Apron
Internal Cabinet Side Art included with every game
Over 140 RGB lights for both feature inserts and general playfield illumination
4 Flashers
Magnet that grabs or accelerates the ball
3 Redline Tire Pop Bumpers
2 Drop Targets
Saucer with side kick-out
Vertical Upkick (VUK) with Orange Loop Return
Player-Facing Kicker
2 Spinners
First of its kind, 3D Lenticular back panel
5 Hot Wheels™ Cars on display including Interactive Spinning Hot Wheels™ car
R-P-M Stand-Up Targets
Collect Car Stand-Up Targets
B-A-T-T-L-E Stand-Up Targets
Shooter lane ball re-entry
Center Post

Rule Features:

5 multiball modes
R-P-M targets rev TACH for increased scoring and REDLINE multiball to collect RIP ROD™
B-A-T-T-L-E targets & lit saucer to BATTLE CREATURES
Defeat CREATURES & DRAVEN for RODGER DODGER™
Hit Car targets to collect CARS. Fill collector case for CAR CHAOS to collect TWIN MILL™
Play VICTORY LAP, LOOP CRASH, and TRACK MULTIBALLS for SHARKRUISER™
COMPLETE RACE and capture CHECKERED FLAG to win race & start VICTORY LAP MULTIBALL
Complete lit LOOPS to crash cars and start LOOP CRASH MULTIBALL
Track-Building
EPIC Challenges
Collect all cars to become a Hot Wheels™ Legend

Cabinet Features:

Direct Digital Print Backglass
Multiple Custom Music Tracks paced to gameplay
15.6" Full Color LCD with 1366x768 resolution
4 stereo speakers plus 8” cabinet subwoofer
Powder Coated Cabinet Armor
275lbs unboxed
75"H x 29"W x 55"D

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Defeat CREATURES & DRAVEN for RODGER DODGER™

Hey, that's my screen name!

I deserve a very large Hot Wheels Pinball Machine discount, for giving Hot Wheels the idea!!

Who do I contact?

#157 4 years ago

hot wheels looks great. Can't wait to play it. Knocked this one out of the park, AP. Well done.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hey, that's my screen name!
I deserve a very large Hot Wheels Pinball Machine discount, for giving Hot Wheels the idea!!
Who do I contact?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/28d0ab05-264c-422f-b8d8-237351b2476d

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

5 Hot Wheels™ Cars on display including Interactive Spinning Hot Wheels™ car

Will these be different on each game?

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Who isn't going to Buy this game and put 10 more cars under the glass?

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

The (5) different Hot Wheels cars that are displayed in the game are identical in each pinball machine, but the game is designed for the Hot Wheels cars to be swapped out with your own Hot Wheels. Customizing it and making it your own is part of the fun.

I am looking forward to this very much, personally.

#162 4 years ago

A video stream of the game with Rosh commentary would be pretty awesome. Meanwhile, with manufacturing on hold, I'll bet the code is simmering to perfection.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

A video stream of the game with Rosh commentary would be pretty awesome

please please please (said James)

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:and I can't stop watching;

Yeah, damn you. Why do I like it so much. Oh wait I know, I'm crazy. Ah to be crazy, how boring would life be if ur weren't crazy.

#165 4 years ago

Streaming this game in the basement? I say the garage! That would be a first.

2 weeks later
#166 4 years ago

From watching a few Utube videos, it doesn't seem to have: muscle car racing sound, muscle car revving sound, muscle car burning out sound ect or maybe the volume on the pin was turned down...??? Can anyone clarify this? I would think with the theme like this, there would be lots of muscle car sound effects to fit the theme.

#167 4 years ago

I'm guessing any video you saw was probably from the AEI show in early March. There have been soooo many improvements in audio since then, it's a completely different product from what it was then. The game has lots of great throaty engine sounds.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm guessing any video you saw was probably from the AEI show in early March. There have been soooo many improvements in audio since then, it's a completely different product from what it was then. The game has lots of great throaty engine sounds.

When will see a proper promo video of the game?

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

From watching a few Utube videos, it doesn't seem to have: muscle car racing sound, muscle car revving sound, muscle car burning out sound ect or maybe the volume on the pin was turned down...??? Can anyone clarify this? I would think with the theme like this, there would be lots of muscle car sound effects to fit the theme.

Quoted from Ferret:

That's great to know. Hopefully the Southern Fried Show will not be cancelled and I can get a chance to play it before deciding if I want to purchase the pin.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

I played a lot with hot wheels as a kid. I do not recall them ever making any muscle car sounds.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I played a lot with hot wheels as a kid. I do not recall them ever making any muscle car sounds.

Ever play "Monopoly" the board game? Ever play "Monopoly" the pinball machine? Funny, I never remember the board game talking to me?
And please read post #167 from American Pinball that answered my question about the audio.

#172 4 years ago

Dead flip mentioned he is in discussions with American pinball to get one to stream.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Ever play "Monopoly" the board game? Ever play "Monopoly" the pinball machine? Funny, I never remember the board game talking to me?
And please read post #167 from American Pinball that answered my question about the audio.

I rarely played Monopoly by myself, generally there were other players present and I’m pretty sure they were sometimes talking so wouldn’t that qualify?

When playing with my Hot wheels I cannot, however, completely rule out that I might have occasionally made brum brum sounds with my mouth so I guess that would justify having engine sounds on a Hot Wheels pin.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I rarely played Monopoly by myself, generally there were other players present and I’m pretty sure they were sometimes talking so wouldn’t that qualify?
When playing with my Hot wheels I cannot, however, completely rule out that I might have occasionally made brum brum sounds with my mouth so I guess that would justify having engine sounds on a Hot Wheels pin.

I think it would be awesome if rosh Ferret Balcer and the rest of the AP crew all recorded themselves making motor sounds and put that in the game.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

So what sounds did you make when you were playing them?

Quoted from branlon8:

Quoted from BorgDog:

I think it would be awesome if rosh ferret Balcer and the rest of the AP crew all recorded themselves making motor sounds and put that in the game.

Well, there were some of me acting like a kid and making "brum brum" sounds, but thankfully our sound engineer Matt has now given us good "brum brum" sound effects.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

So what sounds did you make when you were playing them?

The sounds I remember most are those of the cars rolling down an orange track - sort of white noise kind of sound.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

The sounds I remember most are those of the cars rolling down an orange track - sort of white noise kind of sound.

That would be a fun sound track! lol

#178 4 years ago

Lot of traffic around this area, so my Hotwheels noises were mostly honking sounds.

Been building lots tracks these days with the kids. Fun stuff...

158724853267546814523 (resized).jpg158724853267546814523 (resized).jpg
#179 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Put your seatbelt on and enjoy the ride!
-Mike

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Put your seatbelt on and enjoy the ride!

nice! I like it... - and no brum brum sounds!

1 week later
#181 3 years ago

Been watching Hot Wheels City on youtube with my son in quarantine, and I gotta say, this game is super tempting. The show is good clean fun. Bright, simple, action-packed, throwback stop-motion animation, and just the right amount of cheesy. Great source material for a pin, especially considering the monster battles. Like most rambunctious little boys, my son loves cars, dinosaurs, giant alligators, etc. Shaping up to be a great family game.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Been watching Hot Wheels City on youtube with my son in quarantine, and I gotta say, this game is super tempting. The show is good clean fun. Bright, simple, action-packed, throwback stop-motion animation, and just the right amount of cheesy. Great source material for a pin, especially considering the monster battles. Like most rambunctious little boys, my son loves cars, dinosaurs, giant alligators, etc. Shaping up to be a great family game.

It's a fun watch and you can see why the more we watched the more we saw the potential for it. Hot Wheels City is really well done, with a lot of attention to detail. At this point I have watched all of it multiple times as we slice and dice it for use in the game, well, not the Halloween episode since not much usable content there. I'm actually working on a new mode that I've decided to add to the game after re-watching an episode where the content also did not fit in with the 'creature battle' or 'racing' story, but the content is so good, that I knew I had to find a way to get it in the game.

Yancy, you know with Ferret and I doing rules there is going to be a lot of breadth and lots of ways to approach the game, so it will remain fresh and challenging. Plus who ever gets tired of watching an evil scientist getting crushed by his pet triceratops?

#183 3 years ago

Hot Wheels? Are these shipping yet ?

#184 3 years ago

Look
Cool in a Atomic orange powder coat

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hot Wheels? Are these shipping yet ?

Production had started prior to the stay-at-home order, once that is lifted production will resume and games will start to ship not longer after.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It's a fun watch and you can see why the more we watched the more we saw the potential for it. Hot Wheels City is really well done, with a lot of attention to detail. At this point I have watched all of it multiple times as we slice and dice it for use in the game, well, not the Halloween episode since not much usable content there. I'm actually working on a new mode that I've decided to add to the game after re-watching an episode where the content also did not fit in with the 'creature battle' or 'racing' story, but the content is so good, that I knew I had to find a way to get it in the game.
Yancy, you know with ferret and I doing rules there is going to be a lot of breadth and lots of ways to approach the game, so it will remain fresh and challenging. Plus who ever gets tired of watching an evil scientist getting crushed by his pet triceratops?

Make a date sensitive mode to play on Halloween !

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Been watching Hot Wheels City on youtube with my son in quarantine, and I gotta say, this game is super tempting. The show is good clean fun. Bright, simple, action-packed, throwback stop-motion animation, and just the right amount of cheesy.

All of this is very true. In some ways, the style reminds me of The Muppets... nominally a kid's series, but it has a bunch of scenes and gags and one-liners that are clearly targeted at making the adult viewers laugh. It's just plain fun. And it really does integrate well with the flow of a pinball game. Can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it!

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it!

It looks like a lot of fun. I hope I get a chance. Though maybe not until TPF next year for me.

Can't wait to hear what people think and start seeing videos !

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#189 3 years ago

Any Hot Wheels out ?

#190 3 years ago

Unfortunately, the state of Illinois (where American Pinball is located) is still under a manufacturing lockdown, mandated by the governor. As soon as that order is lifted -- hopefully by the end of May, fingers crossed -- we're excited to get Hot Wheels out to everyone!

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Unfortunately, the state of Illinois (where American Pinball is located) is still under a manufacturing lockdown, mandated by the governor. As soon as that order is lifted -- hopefully by the end of May, fingers crossed -- we're excited to get Hot Wheels out to everyone!

I imagine code will be pretty polished by then too, which is nice.

#192 3 years ago

I’m excited to see n play this game in person

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m excited to see n play this game in person

With all the shows being cancelled that will be difficult this year. If AP puts it on location in Chicago let us know. Like the old days.

#194 3 years ago

Did I miss the promo video that they were going to put up? How is the code coming along too with having all this extra time now for it?

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

With all the shows being cancelled that will be difficult this year. If AP puts it on location in Chicago let us know. Like the old days.

It is going to be tough to unveil a new pin without shows. ( and even with shows, a manufacturer can't hit them all ) Unless people can see it and play it. They don't know if they want to buy one.

Once places can start to reopen. I hope they can get the games out in the wild to help sales.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is going to be tough to unveil a new pin without shows. ( and even with shows, a manufacturer can't hit them all ) Unless people can see it and play it. They don't know if they want to buy one.
Once places can start to reopen. I hope they can get the games out in the wild to help sales.

Maybe this will push businesses to manufacture in less "restricted" locals. Arizona is open for business and the climate(business and actual) isn't hateful like Il!

That would royally suck knowing you have a product to put out and it could be getting built, right now, but politics get in the way. Hardly "American" be it pinaball or anything else. IMO.

1 week later
#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sounds like manufacturing In Illinois might get a Green Light real soon - another manufacturer said tomorrow - how about AP ?

When are Hot Wheels going to start rolling ?

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sounds like manufacturing In Illinois might get a Green Light real soon - another manufacturer said tomorrow - how about AP ?
When are Hot Wheels going to start rolling ?

I am very excited to share that American Pinball is back up and running and has resumed building Hot Wheels in our brand new facility in Palatine, IL. Shipping in June. Stay tuned!

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I am very excited to share that American Pinball is back up and running and has resumed building Hot Wheels on our brand new facility in Palatine, IL.

Road trip. Can't wait to see it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/4?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.