3AF6252D-6F79-4515-9A57-AB91330FA06E (resized).jpeg
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
7A2A72C5-4F7E-4E8A-A8B6-76FC7929185E (resized).jpeg
20220616_101311 (resized).jpg
20220616_101355 (resized).jpg
20220616_101404 (resized).jpg
20220616_101332 (resized).jpg
22471030-562A-4CD6-A3CF-E31638A9400F (resized).jpeg

There are 3,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 75.
#2351 1 year ago

That tool is a must for EM's and still needed on today pins. Get that switch adjusted in no time.

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That tool is a must for EM's and still needed on today pins. Get that switch adjusted in no time.

They break easy, so order two!!

#2353 1 year ago

Turn the game off when doing this.

LTG : )

#2354 1 year ago

Had my HW for a day now. Loving it. One nit picky feedback. Been a while since I had a game with spinners so was really looking forward to having a pin with two.......my nit pick - the sound on the spinners. Maybe its me but it doesn't match the rest of the theme. It sounds like a roulette wheel kinda. What about like a turbo whine kicking in or something on a car spinning at high speed........or maybe it's just my hearing going.

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Had my HW for a day now. Loving it. One nit picky feedback. Been a while since I had a game with spinners so was really looking forward to having a pin with two.......my nit pick - the sound on the spinners. Maybe its me but it doesn't match the rest of the theme. It sounds like a roulette wheel kinda.

Not the car theme, but it does fit a spinning prize wheel sound. Kinda makes sense since the spinners rotate the qualified battle standup lights, battle modes, and epic modes.

I do wish the spinner stereo pan effect was a little closer to center. Having it all left or right channel is annoying when you are using headphones or direct capture on stream.

Unrelated, does anyone else have an issue with the latest code of the RLM intro music playing during other modes when you max the RPMs, but don't actually go into RLM? It's weird to hear the RLM sirens in a Victory Lap/Loop Crash MB stack quieter in the background...

#2356 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Unrelated, does anyone else have an issue with the latest code of the RLM intro music playing during other modes when you max the RPMs, but don't actually go into RLM? It's weird to hear the RLM sirens in a Victory Lap/Loop Crash MB stack quieter in the background...

Nope, but if you can give instructions for how to reproduce this, we'll get it fixed.

#2357 1 year ago

Actually yes... i thought it was kinda mode stacking and thought thats normal, but it felt strange hearing two different music tracks.
I felt i was doing some really special super moves .
I think it happend 3 times, but i had no idea it is a bug.

As far as i can tell or remember i thought i got to this point when nearly getting to redline mania (Maybe one shot less to start) and start a different multiball instead.

#2358 1 year ago

Found a good use for the complimentary plastic sign in the goody bag! Also a new HotWheels.
DSCN0053 (resized).JPG

DSCN0056 (resized).JPG
#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nope, but if you can give instructions for how to reproduce this, we'll get it fixed.

Get into a loop crash and victory lap stacked MB, get RPM targets "past 10", listen to background music.

#2360 1 year ago

Hello, did i said i love this game ?

16132355662225865356395165830545 (resized).jpg
#2361 1 year ago

Ok AP, a local operator is going to be checking out HW real soon to see if it will be his first non-Stern pin on route! Bring your "A" game, I need to play this pin!

#2362 1 year ago

Question??

How does the Pit Stop standup work? I notice the ball hits it and it flashes, but doesn't always stay lit. Other times it does? Is this normal?

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Question??
How does the Pit Stop standup work? I notice the ball hits it and it flashes, but doesn't always stay lit. Other times it does? Is this normal?

It flashes when hit, takes X hits to light it for the save

#2364 1 year ago

I updated my code to 20.12.10 yesterday and there's no more "skill shot!" lady. The new skill shot guy is hard to make out, I think he says "you've got skills?" I miss her enthusiasm and energy. The ball over guitar rock part is slower, too. It's pretty amusing playing the first time after this update, I'm like, "Did I smoke something earlier and forgot? Everything seems slower and mellower."

#2365 1 year ago

such an awesome playfield........i'd like to brighten it up a bit mid field. Was thinking of putting a single spot over on the right mid playfield or two spots above slings...........where can I steal GI power from?

#2366 1 year ago

such an awesome playfield........i'd like to brighten it up a bit mid field. Was thinking of putting a single spot over on the right mid playfield or two spots above slings...........where can I steal GI power from?

I put Pinstadiums on mine, really makes for nice even light. There's a service port outlet in Hot Wheels for them to plug into as well. Though I'm going to change my UV hookup to something other than one of the big red flashers, they just don't go off that often. Maybe I'll change it to one of the spinners, or the shaker if it's easy enough to figure out how it would hook in.

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I updated my code to 20.12.10 yesterday and there's no more "skill shot!" lady. The new skill shot guy is hard to make out, I think he says "you've got skills?" I miss her enthusiasm and energy. The ball over guitar rock part is slower, too.

Not sure what you are talking about, so I’m going to answer this question …

Quoted from VALIS666:

, "Did I smoke something earlier and forgot? Everything seems slower and mellower."

with, sounds like it to me

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not sure what you are talking about, so I’m going to answer this question …

With sounds like it to me

Haha. So strange. I would bet a pinky there was a female voice in the game who'd say "skill shot!" after hitting it. I'm looking through youtubes and twitches to try and find it now and can't yet, which reminds me why I don't bet as much as I used to. Maybe I am thinking of another game, but in my head it's the same female voice of one of the newscasters. Must be a different line I'm thinking of.

However, I am 100% sure that my "ball over" music is noticeably slower now, and I did confirm that by watching videos. No idea why. I'll record it later just for the hell of it.

#2369 1 year ago

Started by replacing the red car on the spinner - then maybe went a little crazy.

IMG_0314 (resized).jpgIMG_0315 (resized).jpgIMG_0316 (resized).jpgIMG_0317 (resized).jpgIMG_0318 (resized).jpgIMG_0319 (resized).jpg
#2370 1 year ago

How it looks in the dark with the glow cars ?

#2371 1 year ago

New Prototype... The blinking bluelight will go on when the car speeds up.
Just wanna share

16133136076392978758318614813122 (resized).jpg

16133137135034703693235815395463 (resized).jpg
#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

How it looks in the dark with the glow cars ?

too much light from the pin itself to notice them glowing

#2373 1 year ago

DSCN0066 (resized).JPG

#2374 1 year ago

Ok. So while hooking up an external sub, I realized the stock sub hasn't been working this whole time. The issue was a slight adjustment to wires going into amp (guess they jiggled loose?). Well,I had the sub knob of amp all the way up when I powered it all on. Holy smokes! I've been missing a lot of sounds and atmosphere. It's like I got a brand new game. It really doesn't need the external sub in my opinion. But already had one, so from now on RLM will be shaking my house!

Oh, I agree with a previous post that this is where the sign in the goodies bag goes.

16133413879852836980232244777773 (resized).jpg
#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ok. So while hooking up an external sub, I realized the stock sub hasn't been working this whole time. The issue was a slight adjustment to wires going into amp (guess they jiggled loose?). Well,I had the sub knob of amp all the way up when I powered it all on. Holy smokes! I've been missing a lot of sounds and atmosphere. It's like I got a brand new game. It really doesn't need the external sub in my opinion. But already had one, so from now on RLM will be shaking my house!
Oh, I agree with a previous post that this is where the sign in the goodies bag goes.
[quoted image]

WOW!!
THIS MY EXPLAIN WHY I DIDN'T HAVE GOOD LOWS ON MY MACHINE! I'll have to check this out. I did hook up an external sub. Also, I cut the lower edge of the sign off where those two cutouts are, and used a black magic marker to color the bottom edge black so you don't see the white edge (like in my previous pic). Looks nicer now. I used three small pieces of double sided Gorilla tape behind the printed areas to attach it. I like your key chain!!

#2376 1 year ago

Working on the plan still ........but start of a Topper at least. Still waiting on the Triceratops set to arrive.

Need some really smart guys as the t-rex can move......i'm not the guy to figure out some type of relay tied to the game though though.

810zTFG64rL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpg

#2377 1 year ago
IMG_0332 (resized).jpgIMG_0333 (resized).jpgIMG_0334 (resized).jpg
#2378 1 year ago

American Pinball Team,
Not asking what but when will you be revealing what your next title is and the release date? Gotta earmark savings from the next stimulus check when it comes out in late March .

Thanks in advance.

#2379 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL! I'd be great for kids!

#2380 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it.

#2381 1 year ago

Found a Hotwheels display case that fits perfect on top. Had to shim up the front of it so it sits level. Holds 50 cars. Found my old Hotwheels, the oldest I have is from 1971. God I'm old....

20210218_183014 (resized).jpg
#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from Duester:

Found a Hotwheels display case that fits perfect on top. Had to shim up the front of it so it sits level. Holds 50 cars. Found my old Hotwheels, the oldest I have is from 1971. God I'm old....
[quoted image]

Looking good!

#2383 1 year ago

Had my best game tonight, over 5.1B, finished all epic modes, 4th gear, 4 cars collected, battled Draven but didn’t beat him. 32 minute game, whew!

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Had my best game tonight, over 5.1B, finished all epic modes, 4th gear, 4 cars collected, battled Draven but didn’t beat him. 32 minute game, whew!

WOW!!
I finally just got 1.3 Billion. What a rush! I had Track+Loop+Vicktory Lap followed by Red Line all in a row! All with stacked monster battles! Still never fought Draven or got past two Lengend cars though (AKA 2nd Gear). Also never got Car Chaos. Ya, I suck!

#2385 1 year ago

Now that was a BLAST!! So I guess that’s it for now until the code develops? Or is there something when you get to 5th gear? I think that’s the only thing I haven’t done.

There is so much potential for this games code I really hope this is just the start...

BDC5D3B0-AAF7-4088-AB18-BFA689C7B5B9 (resized).jpeg
#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Now that was a BLAST!! So I guess that’s it for now until the code develops? Or is there something when you get to 5th gear? I think that’s the only thing I haven’t done.
There is so much potential for this games code I really hope this is just the start...
[quoted image]

Ya, it's good now!

#2387 1 year ago

Hello again, thanks for the good "coffee talk live" with superfly. It was great, also happy you work on two games atm and thanks for the walkaround in the factory building, i always enjoy the magic of pinball and how it comes together.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

[quoted image]

Now that’s a hell of a game!

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

New Prototype... The blinking bluelight will go on when the car speeds up.
Just wanna share
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Cool!!
So how is this light activated??
Mercury switch and coin battery in back of van? LOL!

#2390 1 year ago

Hey, it uses a little battery cr2032 and a blinking module with 4 superbright LEDs on it and a tilt sensor.
I will make a how to video of it when i made it perfect.
There are sure better solutions than mine, but it works with the 3 volt batterie thats in the car and you can change it quite easy to get a new battery in.
The worst is the alignement ot the tilt sensor, but i am pretty sure how it will work.

I was really bad in school physics, but i love this game so much that i will get over this

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Hello again, thanks for the good "coffee talk live" with superfly. It was great, also happy you work on two games atm and thanks for the walkaround in the factory building, i always enjoy the magic of pinball and how it comes together.

Thanks for watching, and glad you enjoyed it! We had fun chatting about our games, the background of American PInball, and giving the factory tour walkthrough.

Here is the link to the Instagram Live 'Coffee Talk' video Josh Kugler and I (Michael Grant) did with @Superfly_Autos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfHj8xHJDt/

#2392 1 year ago

I’m thinking about buying this pin, have not played it (hopefully this weekend).

Have to say it’s very feature packed for the price.

How do you feel it stacks up to the newer Stern pros like DP, JP, TMNT etc?

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying this pin, have not played it (hopefully this weekend).

Ill be playing it for the first time tonight, looking forward to it. Might be my 2nd nib purchase.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO it's just as fun and built better! Easy to understand and more approachable. Also, great replayability. Not at all too easy! The way multiballs and modes stack and the way scores are multiplied with tachometer is a rush! Hands down the best value!!

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I can say having bought a NIB Avengers: Infinity Quest and played all other releases that Hot Wheels holds it's water incredibly well. I have thought of selling off my AIQ to get money banked for the next AP game (though it may have to wait if Godzilla comes out).

This is going to be my honest opinion from having it for many months.

Negatives:
Because of points where the ball gets "stuck" or launched out of the field and stuck or knocks cars, I would not recommend it for running in a location as an income generator.

You have to ensure that you love the theme, the overall fun and silliness of the game otherwise you will be Mr or Ms Complainer Pants.

Positives:
Everything else rocks. Great support from American Pinball. Many challenges. Beginners as well as hard core players will find something they like. I have guests who are stunned when the dinosaurs stomp for the first time or they hit Red Line Fever.

Delighted that you are going to play it over the weekend. The only person's feelings who matter on the game are yours . Let us know what you think after you play it.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Because of points where the ball gets "stuck" or launched out of the field and stuck or knocks cars, I would not recommend it for running in a location as an income generator

Never had ball get stuck or launched out of playfield???
Replacing Velcro is super easy and solved cars falling off. Other guys screw them down. This is trivial!
Also, this would be a good reliable location game as there are no complicated mechs to worry about and it appeals to all ages.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Never had ball get stuck or launched out of playfield???
Replacing Velcro is super easy and solved cars falling off. Other guys screw them down. This is trivial!

It might very well be but that is my opinion . Your mileage may vary. And no, I have not had balls get stuck in other points in any machine that I own. Lucky I guess.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

It might very well be but that is my opinion . Your mileage may vary. And no, I have not had balls get stuck in other points in any machine that I own. Lucky I guess.

Try turning down your flipper power! That was the first thing I did with HotWheels as I was getting too many air balls even at 6.5 pitch. Game plays great.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Try turning down your flipper power! That was the first thing I did with HotWheels as I was getting too many air balls even at 6.5 pitch. Game plays great.

I already went through all this in the HW threads early on and Dave from AP has been great in helping out. Net result is I prefer full flipper power.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I can say having bought a NIB Avengers: Infinity Quest and played all other releases that Hot Wheels holds it's water incredibly well. I have thought of selling off my AIQ to get money banked for the next AP game (though it may have to wait if Godzilla comes out).
This is going to be my honest opinion from having it for many months.
Negatives:
Because of points where the ball gets "stuck" or launched out of the field and stuck or knocks cars, I would not recommend it for running in a location as an income generator.
You have to ensure that you love the theme, the overall fun and silliness of the game otherwise you will be Mr or Ms Complainer Pants.
Positives:
Everything else rocks. Great support from American Pinball. Many challenges. Beginners as well as hard core players will find something they like. I have guests who are stunned when the dinosaurs stomp for the first time or they hit Red Line Fever.
Delighted that you are going to play it over the weekend. The only person's feelings who matter on the game are yours . Let us know what you think after you play it.
Stay safe and healthy everyone.

I love the theme campy claymation animation, have Dialed In and love the silly disaster theme of that game. I’m also a big fan of color changing inserts and the layout loops ramps looks fun and the art is colorful.

I had sold three pins as part of my relocation, replaced with R&M and have Alien on order. I was looking to replace Tron which was one of the pins I sold, but the cost of a nice Tron is more than a NIB Hot Wheels and super hard to find anyway.

I’ve played all the Stern pins except LZ and I’ve played GnR didn’t care for GnR at all because of the rules and (seemingly endless heavy Multiball gameplay).

I love Stern pins half of my games are Stern and love my newest SW premium comic, but lately Stern get to look/feel very similar so that’s why I also look at a new manufacturer for my collection. Was interested in CGC but not if it’s CC that is what’s reported.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,749.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 3,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!