20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 86.
#2251 3 years ago

Thanks, i will try that. For the decal problem i opend a ticket. Thanks for your fast response here. Have a nice week

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

HW has a sub-woofer, Houdini does not. Check your volume settings for the sub on the amp (small knobs, one is volume other is crossover), might be too high.

My ACNC has a powerful sub in it and it absolutely requires Anti-Rattle Tape on the playfield glass. I imagine this is true for HotWheels too? I ask because I will have to order some more. I'm ordering a HotWheels Tuesday from Pinball Star!!
https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#2253 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

My ACNC has a powerful sub in it and it absolutely requires Anti-Rattle Tape on the playfield glass. I imagine this is true for HotWheels too?

No, Hot Wheels doesn't need the tape. I have Alice Cooper and I know what you mean... TNA had a giant speaker box covering the cabinet subwoofer and did not have issues with glass rattle. I'll have to investigate the difference.

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

adding a couple cars

Did you end up needing to add a lock washer for the extra spinning car?
Very cool addition!

Here's the spinmech arm: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/hot-wheels-spinmech-arm-mtl0222-00
Also more car stands: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/die-cast-car-mounting-bracket-for-hot-wheels-pinball-machine-mtl0224-00

#2255 3 years ago

Picked up a hot wheels loop to use as a topper.

74D677A6-AB03-43BA-80BE-7985F7B4515B (resized).jpeg74D677A6-AB03-43BA-80BE-7985F7B4515B (resized).jpeg
#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Picked up a hot wheels loop to use as a topper.
[quoted image]

LOL!!! I was thinking of doing this! Thanks for posting pic!!

#2257 3 years ago

I only used the original washer. So far, so good.

IMG_7887 (resized).jpgIMG_7887 (resized).jpg
#2258 3 years ago

Is there a setting that I can choose to auto launch the ball every time it goes into the shooter lane? Not obviously for the first kick out but just during game play. Sometimes it rolls there in the exit right lane. Other times it jumps in from a deflection and on the track multiball it just sits. I would like it to always auto plunge. It just makes it flow faster. I’ve had friends come and play and they think the same thing

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there a setting that I can choose to auto launch the ball every time it goes into the shooter lane?

Josh would need to chime in if it’s possible.

However,
If you’re going for a fast race time, you do not want this. A short plunge gets the ball to the flipper faster so you can keep your time down.

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Josh would need to chime in if it’s possible.
However,
If you’re going for a fast race time, you do not want this. A short plunge gets the ball to the flipper faster so you can keep your time down.

So it doesn’t auto plunge just in case you started the race on the left loop/ramp shot?

#2261 3 years ago

That's a really odd choice to not have an accidental shooter lane ball auto launch. I think every modern machine since the auto plunger was invented does this. What happens if a ball lands in the shooter lane during multiball? Does it just sit there until the player notices? That is a big problem for tournament play. If the player truly doesn't notice it's an unfair advantage, if he notices and chooses to ignore it, that's illegal play, like a stuck ball. And how do you know the difference? That's honestly a problem if that behavior is accurate/intended and not just a switch issue.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's a really odd choice to not have an accidental shooter lane ball auto launch. I think every modern machine since the auto plunger was invented does this. What happens if a ball lands in the shooter lane during multiball? Does it just sit there until the player notices? That is a big problem for tournament play. If the player truly doesn't notice it's an unfair advantage, if he notices and chooses to ignore it, that's illegal play, like a stuck ball. And how do you know the difference? That's honestly a problem if that behavior is accurate/intended and not just a switch issue.

It plunges during multiball. It doesn’t once you lock a ball to start multiball. The ball locks in the track and then another one kicks out to the plunger but it sits there. Usually it will auto plunge on most pins and the multiball starts right away.

During normal play if the ball goes in the lane it doesn’t auto plunge. Where it feels like it should auto plunge

#2263 3 years ago

That has always annoyed me too. Current behavior is a request by Powers That Be. It’s on my list to make it an option.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

It plunges during multiball. It doesn’t once you lock a ball to start multiball. The ball locks in the track and then another one kicks out to the plunger but it sits there. Usually it will auto plunge on most pins and the multiball starts right away.
During normal play if the ball goes in the lane it doesn’t auto plunge. Where it feels like it should auto plunge

Ahh...not nearly as big of a "sin" then. Just a really, really odd quirk. At minimum this should be an option.

#2265 3 years ago

And BTW, I’m extremely cognizant of competition rulesets. In any common competition ruleset that I know of, both holding the ball briefly in the plunger lane at the start of Track Builder Multiball, and a ball being held in the Track Builder lane during that same multiball, are completely legal, because they’re part of the intended design of the game, and the software will move the balls along at the proper time (assuming switches are healthy, of course).

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And BTW, I’m extremely cognizant of competition rulesets. In any common competition ruleset that I know of, both holding the ball briefly in the plunger lane at the start of Track Builder Multiball, and a ball being held in the Track Builder lane during that same multiball, are completely legal, because they’re part of the intended design of the game, and the software will move the balls along at the proper time (assuming switches are healthy, of course).

Loving the game man!

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Definitely. I misinterpreted Happy's post and thought that balls which fell or airballed into the plunger lane during multiball would just sit there. I do not see a problem with plunging your own ball to start a multiball. Odd maybe...but not a problem.

I also wanted to say, I love the activity by you and the other American Pinball reps on this and other threads. It's definitely a breath of fresh air to be able to interact directly with you guys so easily. Thank you.

Still haven't gotten a chance to play one of these, but really hope to soon. I've been pretty tempted to pick one up, even without playing first. It definitely looks like my type of game.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've been pretty tempted to pick one up, even without playing first. It definitely looks like my type of game.

That’s what I did. You can get them for 6300. It’s a low risk if you don’t like it because someone will buy it for 5800-6k. Odds are you will like it though

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Still haven't gotten a chance to play one of these, but really hope to soon. I've been pretty tempted to pick one up, even without playing first. It definitely looks like my type of game.

4vkavi (resized).jpg4vkavi (resized).jpg
#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

During normal play if the ball goes in the lane it doesn’t auto plunge.

the desire was to give the player a brief window to do a short plunge to feed the right flipper or plunge to the pops, if desired, vs an auto plunge sending it around to the left flipper. Plus also lets you see the nice Multiball start animation. Which does have info about how to make it a three ball MB (which also increases the jackpot values)

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

My ACNC has a powerful sub in it and it absolutely requires Anti-Rattle Tape on the playfield glass. I imagine this is true for HotWheels too?

The glass on my Hot Wheels rattles like crazy when I start the T-Rex "Battle". I hit both flipper buttons to stop it from rattling as soon as I can.

I may have to go into settings somewhere and turn the shaker down.

Robert

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The glass on my Hot Wheels rattles like crazy when I start the T-Rex "Battle". I hit both flipper buttons to stop it from rattling as soon as I can.
Robert

https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html

This is a better deal for the same stuff. I bought both now

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Settings > Standard > Shaker Intensity, should you decide to do this.

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's exactly what I just did!
It arrives tomorrow! I just wired the money yesterday LOL!
Wish me luck! My ACNC got ransacked in Chicago. The box was missing and no hardware. Machine was lying on floor in back of truck trashed! Pinball Star Joe was fast on it and Spooky got me a brand new machine pronto! Great customer service! I will thoroughly inspect before signing! That driver is going to wait a while!

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just do it. I did it. You know what I buy and what my collection is like. Hot Wheels is the best game I bought in 2020. And I really like the others I bought last year too. That says something.

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just do it. I did it. You know what I buy and what my collection is like. Hot Wheels is the best game I bought in 2020. And I really like the others I bought last year too. That says something.

Yep, I kept it over aiq le. It’s a fun one

#2277 3 years ago

Joined the club today!

36DCE71E-2D80-4A06-845E-3F4EEAE22BD6 (resized).jpeg36DCE71E-2D80-4A06-845E-3F4EEAE22BD6 (resized).jpeg
#2278 3 years ago

Just got my NIB Hot Wheels game today and spent a couple hours putting it together . Great instructions foe assembly until I got to the point of needing to add plug in cord , find goodie bag with balls , where to put balls before starting , I guess they just assumed I had done this before OR there was an instruction sheet missing
Anyway, got it up and running , Awesome! Just wondering if anyone else had this problem, EVERYTIME the ball goes into VUK hole it sits in the for over a minute until a message comes on the screen that says": Ball may be lost ,trying to find it then a bunch of switches click etc and it shoots the ball up out into the loop
I am guessing there must be a switch not working telling the VUK to discharge the ball , Do I just contact AP to see how to fix it? Thx guys and sorry for the novel

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalman:

Do I just contact AP to see how to fix it?

If you don't see anything obvious. Loose connector, to switch or opto in there. I would.

Call or open a support ticket.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

LTG : )

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you don't see anything obvious. Loose connector, to switch or opto in there. I would.
Call or open a support ticket.
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/
LTG : )

Thx LTG, kinda new to the pinball troubleshooting but I will lift playfield and see if something is loose under that location , if no luck I will call AP . Cheers

#2281 3 years ago

It’s probably the switch not registering. Check for a wire that came off or maybe it’s misaligned.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalman:

where to put balls before starting ,

I'm getting to the age where I worry more about where to put balls before sitting!

#2283 3 years ago

Unboxed and officially in the club... i didn’t follow the instructions but the packaging was great and the set up was easy. Photos were supposed to be in order but EPIC fail on that! Maybe I fixed it now...
D23A016B-0E69-4E51-AC00-D430BF894687 (resized).jpegD23A016B-0E69-4E51-AC00-D430BF894687 (resized).jpeg
BD8865AF-62F2-4571-898C-E33873009F12 (resized).jpegBD8865AF-62F2-4571-898C-E33873009F12 (resized).jpeg
C74C4CC1-FFEE-4B6B-8697-6D6F19BF1CB4 (resized).jpegC74C4CC1-FFEE-4B6B-8697-6D6F19BF1CB4 (resized).jpeg
0AC905A7-377D-4A44-9120-0C533D9CBACC (resized).jpeg0AC905A7-377D-4A44-9120-0C533D9CBACC (resized).jpeg
D4FC1B92-5DD6-417D-AA19-8F26ECF523AE (resized).jpegD4FC1B92-5DD6-417D-AA19-8F26ECF523AE (resized).jpeg
E6C23345-DC7A-4454-A9CF-28E4031A806C (resized).jpegE6C23345-DC7A-4454-A9CF-28E4031A806C (resized).jpeg
AECC5C79-525A-4FDD-B4C8-87657AE36185 (resized).jpegAECC5C79-525A-4FDD-B4C8-87657AE36185 (resized).jpeg

#2284 3 years ago

What degrees of angle are people putting these at? Manual says 6, I did 6.5 and still feels floaty to me

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Photos were supposed to be in order

The last one is the only one that matters, a future pinball champion ready to play Hot Wheels.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What degrees of angle are people putting these at? Manual says 6, I did 6.5 and still feels floaty to me

While oktoberfest and Houdini really play better at 6, I think Hot Wheels is pretty happy at a wide range of pitches, so if it feels floaty (not something I hear often on Hot Wheels), raise up the back legs and see how she shoots. Can always lower it back

#2287 3 years ago

Update on what I now know is called a VUK, working with AP on the issue as no loose wires or obvious issue . The microswitch even clicks when depressed but doesn't register in the service menu where you can check switches etc. They have been good so far just waiting to hear next step , like someone mentioned here ,its almost like it is not registering/ sending a signal up the line somewhere, kinda sucks because you really can't play the game unless you like to wait 60secs everytime it goes in the VUK

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalman:

Update on what I now know is called a VUK, working with AP on the issue as no loose wires or obvious issue . The microswitch even clicks when depressed but doesn't register in the service menu where you can check switches etc. They have been good so far just waiting to hear next step , like someone mentioned here ,its almost like it is not registering/ sending a signal up the line somewhere, kinda sucks because you really can't play the game unless you like to wait 60secs everytime it goes in the VUK

I'm sure Dave will help you with next steps, in the meantime, I suggest . . .

If you haven't already, go into switch test and test the switches in the same 'column' and see if any others are having an issue. If they are, then likely a loose connector on the board or a break in the common wire that runs across the switches.

If you have a meter, I would throw it on the two lugs of the VUK (Vertical up Kicker) switch and see if the switch is working correctly by checking continuity when the switch is closed. While typically if it clicks it is okay, not a guarantee.

If switch tests good, then I'd trace the wire back to its connector and make sure the connector is fully plugged in and that the wire is properly inserted in the connector.

#2289 3 years ago

Will do, thx for the info. I do have a meter so I will check the switch, I did follow the wire back to connector and it seems plugged in well.and no loose wire

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

No, Hot Wheels doesn't need the tape. I have Alice Cooper and I know what you mean... TNA had a giant speaker box covering the cabinet subwoofer and did not have issues with glass rattle. I'll have to investigate the difference.

I adjusted my internal amp and pumped up the sub - it sounds WAY better. I got it to rattle the glass and adjusted it slightly down. The 3 way amp (separated subs / bb speakers) makes it perfect! . It's like an intstintt upgrade

#2291 3 years ago

You guys should look of won the light show at a minimum on hot wheels for the crystal awards.

A lot of people were rooting for you on multiple awards. It’s a great pin, you should be proud of this one!

#2292 3 years ago

Connecting an external sub really gets it thumping, and that intro to red line mania is awesome!

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

While oktoberfest and Houdini really play better at 6, I think Hot Wheels is pretty happy at a wide range of pitches, so if it feels floaty (not something I hear often on Hot Wheels), raise up the back legs and see how she shoots. Can always lower it back

Got HotWheels all set up, leveled and set at 6.5. Code updated and I also removed all the crap Velcro on the cars and replaced it with good Velcro. No more cars falling off (I had two fall of the first 5 games LOL). Also, one of the wires at the car spinner motor was broken under the shrink wrap where it connects to the motor. I soldered it back on. Game is playing great. Stiffener for lane wire guides is on order. Game is a lot of fun! Beautiful and well made! Excellent menu system too. Excellent packaging as well! Great job American! You guys rock!!! Kudos to PinballStar!! Two days from wiring money to game arriving!
Couldn't be happier!!!

#2294 3 years ago

I turned down the light show to 6 from 10. Supper bright awesome RGB inserts!!!
Also, I played around in menu system and turned on 'Custom Message'. But I can't figure out how to enter a custom message! Is this yet to be implemented?

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I turned down the light show to 6 from 10. Supper bright awesome RGB inserts!!!
Also, I played around in menu system and turned on 'Custom Message'. But I can't figure out how to enter a custom message! Is this yet to be implemented?

In the manual I believe.

You create a png image at 1366x768, name it custom_message.png, put on a usb stick, inset into usb extension cable in coin door. System will do its thing, you will get s message about logs and told to reboot Turn on custom message in settings

#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

In the manual I believe.
You create a png image at 1366x768, name it custom_message.png, put on a usb stick, inset into usb extension cable in coin door. System will do its thing, you will get s message about logs and told to reboot Turn on custom message in settings

OK! Thanks. I didn't get a manual. I assume you don't get a printed one?

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

True, it’s an online document.
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf
Happy to hear that you’re loving Hot Wheels!

Wife is digg'in it right now too LOL!

#2299 3 years ago

joined the club !

IMG_20210128_114001 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_114001 (resized).jpgIMG_20210129_172717 (resized).jpgIMG_20210129_172717 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_171240 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_171240 (resized).jpg
#2300 3 years ago

I never recognized that cool podcast on pinballplayerspodcast ep 59. Just listend to it today with a good mug of coffee. Great podcast, great informations around the game. So fun to listen...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/46?hl=pinball2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.