0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 85.
#2201 3 years ago

Ya good idea.
Its great to be able to be play one certain thing when you don't want to play a game.

Like on GB. Being able to play Are You a God. Its fun as hell.

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ya good idea.
Its great to be able to be play one certain thing when you don't want to play a game.
Like on GB. Being able to play Are You a God. Its fun as hell.

yep, that one is fun

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are you guys planning to do something similar that stern has starting doing with allowing people to play the wizard mode or a challenge as a mode separate from the main game? The half shell challenge and final battle are a ton of fun on tmnt and avengers has the battle Royale mode where you look to defeat each villain. Its cool just to have the option to play them. Didn’t know if you had thoughts on letting us play the wizard mode or even adding something new like a hot wheels road tour challenge that can be played separate from the main game.
Just a thought as it really freshens things up

Certainly something you might see down the road

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Certainly something you might see down the road

Sweet!

#2205 3 years ago

Also, Co-Op modes like on my ACNC.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Also, Co-Op modes like on my ACNC.

Coop is fun. I had acnc and was very happy they did it on tmnt. Family loves it

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Coop is fun. I had acnc and was very happy they did it on tmnt. Family loves it

Yup, it is fun and a must have for home pinball. Also, it's the only damn way I can get to the wizard mode..

#2208 3 years ago

Joining the club this week. Hopefully will arrive by Friday. It was a total spontaneous buy. I don’t own an American Pinball and didn’t do a ton of research.

I was impressed watching the gameplay online and even more so at the responsiveness of American Pinball in this thread. I could only get through 15 pages or so and now gonna catch up from here but super excited to get this game and burn some rubber on it! This looks like a gorgeous game with some amazing flow.

With COVID I couldn’t try it out anywhere so just flat out ordering it felt “right” LOL. Now gotta sell my Ironman VE to help pay for it.

#2209 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the leap of faith, @pinchamp! Hope you and your family love the game

#2210 3 years ago

Got to play a few games on this at Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. My thoughts:

Hot Wheels: It is a dream. It has every feature a collector might want in a game. The design and artwork match the brand very well, and it just puts a smile on your face. It really shines nicely next to a Stern Pro as it really is feature, flourish and fashion equivalent or even superior in some ways. I don’t think it is for the more serious of players or collectors, but it is a full featured, fun sounding and great playing game that I hope finds its way into every venue pinball is played. Great all ages pin I would one soon if we didn’t already have our dream themes in Wonka and TMNT already.

I love red line mania. What an incredible pinball moment! Also the comedic nature of the adventure you are play in through in the battles is just a blast.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I don’t think it is for the more serious of players or collectors

This is the only part you got wrong.

#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

This is the only part you got wrong.

Oh good! I am very glad to hear that.

#2213 3 years ago

I picked one up on Sunday and it went straight into my location. Had to adjust a ball guide and the height of the drop targets when dropped to prevent ball sticks but both were really easy. Just for reference a full plunge coming down the left side orbit, where should the ball go? Mine was straight down the middle 90% of the time, I bent the ball guide further to the left so the ball now hits the top BATTLE stand up target and send the ball to the right flipper. I have doubts that this is correct design feature, but it at least keeps the ball in play now.

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I picked one up on Sunday and it went straight into my location. Had to adjust a ball guide and the height of the drop targets when dropped to prevent ball sticks but both were really easy. Just for reference a full plunge coming down the left side orbit, where should the ball go? Mine was straight down the middle 90% of the time, I bent the ball guide further to the left so the ball now hits the top BATTLE stand up target and send the ball to the right flipper. I have doubts that this is correct design feature, but it at least keeps the ball in play now.

The ball was likely deflecting off of the 'E' BATTLE target. I would have suggested adjusting the E target back, to prevent the ball deflecting from it. Coming from the left orbit, the ball should come to the left flipper.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

The ball was likely deflecting off of the 'E' BATTLE target. I would have suggested adjusting the E target back, to prevent the ball deflecting from it. Coming from the left orbit, the ball should come to the left flipper.

This is what I did. I actually removed one of the screws to get it to turn enough, and now it goes straight to the left flipper. Nothing is going to hit that e target hard enough to dislodge one screw. Or at least it hasn’t yet!

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Thank you.

#2217 3 years ago

What is flipper hold boost in standard settings do?

#2218 3 years ago

I have yet to hear the sound, music , call outs. Is there a clip or a link I can watch?

#2219 3 years ago

Is there a bug where you can't start the race when you hit the skill shot on ball one? The magnet catches it but the race doesn't start for the rest of ball one. I had that happen for crash loop mb as well, magnet would catch but wouldn't start the mode. I hit the left orbit at least 4 times, but the next ball it started when I hit the orbit.

#2220 3 years ago

Wow... ordered Monday and arrived Tuesday! That’s dream shipping from Nitro here in Canada. (I had to start a separate post as I was so impressed)...

Totally real now. Gotta move some stuff around the house and get my Hot Wheels rolling... I have read some tweaking may be required. I’ll try and search and find the answers I need here for sure.

C339C178-C390-4B68-9ECB-B6390B3E0CE9 (resized).jpegC339C178-C390-4B68-9ECB-B6390B3E0CE9 (resized).jpeg
#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

What is flipper hold boost in standard settings do?

Gives a little extra coil kick from the flipper coil while you're holding a flipper button. Generally the standard configuration (OFF) works fine and avoids overheating the flipper coils, so you're probably best off leaving this setting alone.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

I have yet to hear the sound, music , call outs. Is there a clip or a link I can watch?

Tons of them... search on YouTube or Twitch for Hot Wheels pinball... for example, IEPinball and Fliptronic on Twitch have had plenty of great streams... game audio may be louder or softer on any given video based on whether it was more about chatting with the audience or more about showing off the game, but you should be able to find plenty of coverage.

Quoted from PokerJake:

Is there a bug where you can't start the race when you hit the skill shot on ball one? The magnet catches it but the race doesn't start for the rest of ball one. I had that happen for crash loop mb as well, magnet would catch but wouldn't start the mode. I hit the left orbit at least 4 times, but the next ball it started when I hit the orbit.

Well, there's not a bug that I'm aware of, but perhaps you found one. Make sure your system clock is set correctly (under Utilities in the service menus) and then next time this happens, please capture the logs and send them to myself and Josh along with a note about what you observed on January 20 at 12:34 PM... the timestamp makes it tons easier for us to find the needle in the haystack. Thanks!

Quoted from pinchamp:

Wow... ordered Monday and arrived Tuesday! That’s dream shipping from Nitro here in Canada. (I had to start a separate post as I was so impressed)...

What, not same day?! Tsk tsk...

Congrats, enjoy it!

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

#2223 3 years ago

Thanks fellas....

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

check the left orbit entry switch

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

check the left orbit entry switch

Will do, but either mode (race or loop crash mb) will start on the next ball

#2226 3 years ago

It arrived ! The PIN was wrong in the Box for some reason, so truckside was the side of the backbox. But your packaging was brilliant, no issues or other wear. I mean it's a long way to Europe.

I will play it tomorrow... Because of covid we have restrictions for being outside.

20210120_192438 (resized).jpg20210120_192438 (resized).jpg
#2227 3 years ago

Hi i did an update yesterderday and strange things happened
some inserts stay lit during my game and others
M from RPM was not red and it was green sometimes
I did an other update with an other usb but it is the same way

IMG_1199 (resized).JPGIMG_1199 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPG
#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi i did an update yesterderday and strange things happened
some inserts stay lit during my game and others
M from RPM was not red and it was green sometimes
I did an other update with an other usb but it is the same way
[quoted image][quoted image]

can't think of anything in update that would cause that. Looks like the 'red' part of the M is not working (no red, so blue/green when it should be white). I suggest checking the connections to that lamp board. Need more detail on other lights to see if we can figure out what the issue is.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

can't think of anything in update that would cause that. Looks like the 'red' part of the M is not working (no red, so blue/green when it should be white). I suggest checking the connections to that lamp board. Need more detail on other lights to see if we can figure out what the issue is.

ok i will check the connection,thanks
i add others picture of inserts who stay lit

IMG_1197 (resized).JPGIMG_1197 (resized).JPGIMG_1198 (resized).JPGIMG_1198 (resized).JPG
#2230 3 years ago

I had weird things happening like that with the lights too. When I turned it off amd on a couple times it went away.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

A great thanks again it was a bad connection,so everything is ok now
i love your pinballs,today i had my Oktober which wonderful too

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

A great thanks again it was a bad connection,so everything is ok now
i love your pinballs,today i had my Oktober which wonderful too

ha ben voila tant mieux !
cool, nice than !

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I had weird things happening like that with the lights too. When I turned it off amd on a couple times it went away.

me as well...

#2234 3 years ago

Who's playing some HW today? I'm working on adding some lighted flipper buttons and adding a couple cars.

IMG_7889 (resized).jpgIMG_7889 (resized).jpg
#2235 3 years ago

Who's playing some HW today? I'm working on adding some lighted flipper buttons and adding a couple cars.
[quoted image]

Sweet! I love those pop caps!
Does the tire stack mod on the spinning car pole block your view at all?
Thanks!

#2236 3 years ago

I don’t post much, but wanted to say I’ve joined the Hot Wheels club. If you’re looking for a great distributor, Zach Meny @ Flip-N-Out Pinball is your man!
Now to get this set up...

AFB7B5FD-FF1A-435D-B70E-21BEA94A40AE (resized).jpegAFB7B5FD-FF1A-435D-B70E-21BEA94A40AE (resized).jpeg
#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Sweet! I love those pop caps!
Does the tire stack mod on the spinning car pole block your view at all?
Thanks!

Nope. Both mods are great and easy to install.

#2238 3 years ago

OK so can anyone help me out here.

I soldered two wires to the sub in the cab for an external sub. I de-soldered the stock wires then twisted the ones i was adding to them and soldered them back up. When i started the game with the external sub connected with the two jacks the sub worked, but the sub in the cab sounded raspy and crackly. when i unplugged the two rca jacks it went back to normal.

I looked at the speaker prongs that the wires are soldered to and one is + and one is -. So i thought maybe i had them backwards (if that matters i don't know) so i removed them, untwisted the wires i added and soldered the original wires back with red wire to positive and black to negative. Then i attached the rca wires back with a clip and plugged in the rca to the sub.

Same thing. When the rca were plugged in to the sub it worked but the sub in cab sounded shit again. Unplug the rca from sub and the cab sub was normal????

So now i thought well i am going to connect 2 pins to the sub so i clipped wires to the cab sub again but this time they went into 1 rca jack. So now even before i plugged the rca in, the cab sub sounded crackly again. When i plugged the one rca into the sub it worked but cab sub was still shit.

any ideas what the fudge is going on here???

Can i just run a 3.5 jack to the amp and plug it in there?

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

OK so can anyone help me out here.
I soldered two wires to the sub in the cab for an external sub. I de-soldered the stock wires then twisted the ones i was adding to them and soldered them back up. When i started the game with the external sub connected with the two jacks the sub worked, but the sub in the cab sounded raspy and crackly. when i unplugged the two rca jacks it went back to normal.
I looked at the speaker prongs that the wires are soldered to and one is + and one is -. So i thought maybe i had them backwards (if that matters i don't know) so i removed them, untwisted the wires i added and soldered the original wires back with red wire to positive and black to negative. Then i attached the rca wires back with a clip and plugged in the rca to the sub.
Same thing. When the rca were plugged in to the sub it worked but the sub in cab sounded shit again. Unplug the rca from sub and the cab sub was normal????
So now i thought well i am going to connect 2 pins to the sub so i clipped wires to the cab sub again but this time they went into 1 rca jack. So now even before i plugged the rca in, the cab sub sounded crackly again. When i plugged the one rca into the sub it worked but cab sub was still shit.
any ideas what the fudge is going on here???
Can i just run a 3.5 jack to the amp and plug it in there?

You can't use line level (RCA) jacks on your sub to hook it up like that, you need to use speaker level (look like regular speaker posts, either screw type or push in type).

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You can't use line level (RCA) jacks on your sub to hook it up like that, you need to use speaker level (look like regular speaker posts, either screw type or push in type).

This is the back of the sub. So I should wire to the high level input?

20210123_183121 (resized).jpg20210123_183121 (resized).jpg

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

This is the back of the sub. So I should wire to the high level input?
[quoted image]

Yup! Choose either the left or right. Use the other channel for a different game.

#2242 3 years ago

Ok thanks. And the sub in the cab will sound normal too?

#2243 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Just started to play it now!

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ok thanks. And the sub in the cab will sound normal too?

Can't promise, but it should. At least on Stern games that's how it works...afraid I'm not sure on American. But it should.

#2245 3 years ago

Ok hooked up HW and SS to the sub. All seems well. Thanks

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Can't promise, but it should. At least on Stern games that's how it works...afraid I'm not sure on American. But it should.

It works on my Spooky and on my Jersey Jack too so yup.

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Joining the club this week. Hopefully will arrive by Friday. It was a total spontaneous buy. I don’t own an American Pinball and didn’t do a ton of research.
I was impressed watching the gameplay online and even more so at the responsiveness of American Pinball in this thread. I could only get through 15 pages or so and now gonna catch up from here but super excited to get this game and burn some rubber on it! This looks like a gorgeous game with some amazing flow.
With COVID I couldn’t try it out anywhere so just flat out ordering it felt “right” LOL. Now gotta sell my Ironman VE to help pay for it.

You are going to love this pin. It was my first AP pin, it’s changed the way I look at my Sterns now.

I’m hunting for a 2nd AP pin, Houdini or Oktoberfest. Decisions...Decisions.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You are going to love this pin. It was my first AP pin, it’s changed the way I look at my Sterns now.
I’m hunting for a 2nd AP pin, Houdini or Oktoberfest. Decisions...Decisions.

That's how I felt about my ACNC!

#2249 3 years ago

Hello again, today i had my first flips on Hot Wheels. I enjoyed it a lot but i had to fix some issues before.

First : The Amp made a terrible noise from the beginning, took me a lot of time to remove most of the whitenoise. Is it normal that there is a really loud "boom" when you put the game on and you hear the PC starting up ? Houdini is crystal clear. With this i always have noise.

Second : Under the shooter sided decal its a really sharpe edge that cut the decals into two halfs .

But maybe its because it got shipped upside down packed wrong in the factory. It travelled overseas on the backbox.

I still had fun... Redline mania and the Lightshow are awesome, also the sound of the game when it changes with the progress.

Greetings, Daniel

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

there is a really loud "boom" when you put the game on and you hear the PC starting up ? Houdini is crystal clear.

HW has a sub-woofer, Houdini does not. Check your volume settings for the sub on the amp (small knobs, one is volume other is crossover), might be too high.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/45?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.