Topic Stats

• 2,270 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4vkavi (resized).jpg
IMG_7887 (resized).jpg
74D677A6-AB03-43BA-80BE-7985F7B4515B (resized).jpeg
20210123_183121 (resized).jpg
AFB7B5FD-FF1A-435D-B70E-21BEA94A40AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_7889 (resized).jpg
IMG_1198 (resized).JPG
IMG_1197 (resized).JPG
IMG_1202 (resized).JPG
IMG_1199 (resized).JPG
20210120_192438 (resized).jpg
C339C178-C390-4B68-9ECB-B6390B3E0CE9 (resized).jpeg
5D26EA50-1D6F-40E1-A02C-CE222015E6BB (resized).jpeg
C21170E9-C310-41A5-ADA3-6A52376D883F (resized).jpeg
8156D499-EDC9-4725-AC20-20FA5420F278 (resized).jpeg
4CFDB059-02D4-466A-8754-3F3BA5AF8C8C (resized).jpeg

There are 2270 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 46.
#2151 24 days ago

Where can I get the fix kit for the left inlane? I keep getting bounce outs at crucial times coming from the Track Builder VUK

#2152 24 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Where can I get the fix kit for the left inlane? I keep getting bounce outs at crucial times coming from the Track Builder VUK

Mine came as a surprise from my distributor, I wasn't even aware they were making them. You might want to send an email and ask.

#2153 23 days ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

Mine came as a surprise from my distributor, I wasn't even aware they were making them. You might want to send an email and ask.

There is a fix? Do you have a pic of it? I ordered that bar from the pinball charity place but curious what AP changed from the factory

#2154 23 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

There is a fix? Do you have a pic of it? I ordered that bar from the pinball charity place but curious what AP changed from the factory

I may have read and responded too quickly. I was part of the small group getting bounces out of the lane after exiting the red ramp (usually from spin from the VUK). The kit I got from the distributor fixed that perfectly. If that's what you want a picture of I can put one up.

The bar from the charity supposedly fixes the ball bouncing around the inner orbit as it reduces the flexure of the metal ball guides. I have one on order, I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

#2155 23 days ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I may have read and responded too quickly. I was part of the small group getting bounces out of the lane after exiting the red ramp (usually from spin from the VUK). The kit I got from the distributor fixed that perfectly. If that's what you want a picture of I can put one up.
The bar from the charity supposedly fixes the ball bouncing around the inner orbit as it reduces the flexure of the metal ball guides. I have one on order, I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

Ah, ok, i know what you mean now.

I also ordered that bar too. Hopefully I get it soon

#2156 23 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Please contact your dealer for the Ramp Exit Plate Kit. We sent these kits to our dealers and distributors to be sent to the owners of games that need this fix.

#2157 23 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Please contact your dealer for the Ramp Exit Plate Kit. We sent these kits to our dealers and distributors to be sent to the owners of games that need this fix.

What is the S/N effectivity?

Robert

#2158 22 days ago

I think some people had bounces in the Outlane after the ramp exit. Now the ball should drop more exactly (into that metal frame) and get back to the left fipper normal.

#2159 22 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

What is the S/N effectivity?
Robert

Games built with serial number HWL3132 and higher were built with the Ramp Exit Plates. Hot Wheels Games HWL3131 and lower were built without the Ramp Exit Plates.

#2160 22 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Games built with serial number HWL3132 and higher were built with the Ramp Exit Plates. Hot Wheels Games HWL3131 and lower were built without the Ramp Exit Plates.

Helpful, Thanks.

#2161 21 days ago

anybody ever had issue with auto launch dribbling the ball just 5 inches in the shooter lane?not hitting solid on the pinball i believe

#2162 21 days ago

No, I have not. This can be caused by the ball launcher plunger not hitting the pinball in the center.

Not hitting in the center can be a slight miss adjustment or an issue with the entire assembly...it could be loose.

Also it could be caused by an issue with the coil assembly, so even if the plunger is hitting the pinball in the center if there an issue with the assembly: loose, coil stop broken, not aligned, sleeve dragging on metal plunger.

Some inspection should lead you to the cause.

Robert

#2163 19 days ago

Hot Wheels car collector Doug L.'s Christmas morning was made extra special by his wife. After a rough 2020, his wife Lori surprised him with the ultimate gift-- the Hot Wheels pinball machine! Doug had been fawning over the pinball machine after discovering it on the Virtual Legends Tour, and even entered the sweepstakes in hopes to be the lucky winner. Doug was elated and overwhelmed with joy by the gift by his wife. Video of the joyous moment when he received it will be coming.

I tell everyone. Stories like these are the most rewarding part of my job at American Pinball. In the end, it is all about making folks happy.

We sell fun.

doug L (resized).jpg

#2164 18 days ago

Wow. All I got was a pinball shirt. Just think, I feel good about that.

#2165 18 days ago

One cool wife!!!

#2166 18 days ago

Here is a link to the video of Doug receiving the Hot Wheels pinball machine. This warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye. This is exactly why we do what we do at American Pinball.

https://fb.watch/2UG_iHH4Vc/

#2167 18 days ago

Has there been any announcement or rewards stated for the IFPA challenge that's now over? Haven't heard much about the final results.

#2168 18 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So pissed at myself...I gouged the side of my head decal rearranging pins. Looks like it should be easy to apply a new one. How do I order one?

Ordered my new cab decals. Thanks AP for putting them on the website! $100 is a decent price but just mad at myself for doing it in the first place

#2169 18 days ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Has there been any announcement or rewards stated for the IFPA challenge that's now over? Haven't heard much about the final results.

Coming soon - stay tuned

#2170 18 days ago

I ordered my Hotwheels in germany, can't wait to get it. My custom cars are already here...

I am really excited !

16102115844451070319854701680120 (resized).jpg
#2171 17 days ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I ordered my Hotwheels in germany, can't wait to get it. My custom cars are already here...
I am really excited !
[quoted image]

I like that red 49' f1.
I have alot of hot wheels, just need and want the machine. I want it now. Just need to pace myself.

#2172 17 days ago

Because of the punitive tarrifs, pinballs over here in europe have 25% additional charge on the regular price. Hotwheels was luckily at the regular price, so i am really happy it was imported month before. Most of the newest games are not affordable anymore...

I will try to build a really cool mod for the game.

#2173 17 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

anybody ever had issue with auto launch dribbling the ball just 5 inches in the shooter lane?not hitting solid on the pinball i believe

so i installed a new pc from AP and the power to shooter was below specs at 12 so i just raisedit to 24. working good now.

#2174 17 days ago

Redline multiball. I had one ball stuck and it didn’t do a ball search so it literally sat there until I could find the stuck ball and manual release it. Is it coded to do a ball search when redline multiball is finished?

#2175 17 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Redline multiball. I had one ball stuck and it didn’t do a ball search so it literally sat there until I could find the stuck ball and manual release it. Is it coded to do a ball search when redline multiball is finished?

Yes. I just tested this on the latest code by playing RLM and when it ended, I snagged one ball out of the game so it couldn't drain. The machine ball searched as expected until I dropped that ball into the drain. The only "loophole" I'm aware of is that the flippers are not included in the ball search, so if two balls are wedged against the flippers so neither can drain, that's a potential stuck situation... that's on my to-do list.

Where was the ball stuck in your situation?

#2176 17 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes. I just tested this on the latest code by playing RLM and when it ended, I snagged one ball out of the game so it couldn't drain. The machine ball searched as expected until I dropped that ball into the drain. The only "loophole" I'm aware of is that the flippers are not included in the ball search, so if two balls are wedged against the flippers so neither can drain, that's a potential stuck situation... that's on my to-do list.
Where was the ball stuck in your situation?

It was stuck on the drop target by the mystery shot to the right. I thought the game froze at first but realized the last ball hadn’t drained.

#2177 16 days ago

Loop’n & Crash’n.

4CFDB059-02D4-466A-8754-3F3BA5AF8C8C (resized).jpeg8156D499-EDC9-4725-AC20-20FA5420F278 (resized).jpeg
#2178 16 days ago

That looks cool.

#2179 15 days ago

I will get my Hot Wheels soon and i am really happy with my purchase, just want to mention that I bought it NIB just because of some really good "First Impression" Videos on YouTube and because I like your fast response on issues in this thread and the houdini (that I also own).

I never played hot wheels before and the first time will be on my own machine.

So thanks for the support in every way, the podcast was ...

#2180 15 days ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I will get my Hot Wheels soon and i am really happy with my purchase, just want to mention that I bought it NIB just because of some really good "First Impression" Videos on YouTube and because I like your fast response on issues in this thread and the houdini (that I also own).
I never played hot wheels before and the first time will be on my own machine.
So thanks for the support in every way, the podcast was ...

Thank you for the support of AP. We appreciate your feedback regading the podcast as well.

I hope you love your Hot Wheels pinball. Have you thought about which Hot Wheels cars you plan to put in the game?

#2181 15 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Loop’n & Crash’n.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea, when I was younger I had these crash hot wheels that flipped when you hit them. I know I still have them as my son plays with them. I might have to do something similar

C21170E9-C310-41A5-ADA3-6A52376D883F (resized).jpeg
#2182 15 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Thank you for the support of AP. We appreciate your feedback regading the podcast as well.
I hope you love your Hot Wheels pinball. Have you thought about which Hot Wheels cars you plan to put in the game?

I am pretty sure I will have a lot of fun with this machine. All AP distibutors in germany are unfortunately to far away to play the game before buying it. So I had to check a lot of videos and trailers and also this thread.

This crash cars look really cool...nerver seen them before. I posted my favs on #2170, old muscle cars and pickups .

The idea of changing cars on ur own game makes this game also unique.

#2183 15 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Hi i have one since today(second hand) but i would like to know where i can see the code version because i didn't see it when it started ?
Thanks for your reply
Laurent

#2184 15 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi i have one since today(second hand) but i would like to know where i can see the code version because i didn't see it when it started ?
Thanks for your reply
Laurent

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Open the coin door and press the black menu button. The current software version should be displayed in the center, near the bottom of the screen.

#2185 15 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
Open the coin door and press the black menu button. The current software version should be displayed in the center, near the bottom of the screen.

hi thanks code version is from 09/2020 ,your pinball is great
i am happy because Oktoberfest will come next week,i am a lucky boy

#2186 15 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi thanks code version is from 09/2020 ,your pinball is great
i am happy because Oktoberfest will come next week,i am a lucky boy

Congrats. Now you just need Houdini for the trifecta.

5D26EA50-1D6F-40E1-A02C-CE222015E6BB (resized).jpeg
#2187 15 days ago

[quoted image]

congrats

#2188 15 days ago

[quoted image]

which one do you prefer ?

#2189 15 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

which one do you prefer ?

All are great, but HW is my current favorite.

#2190 15 days ago

All are great, but HW is my current favorite.

thanks

#2191 15 days ago

I love the light show on this pin. It’s really impressive. I voted it for best light show but probably gnr will win it . I hope not

#2192 15 days ago

I just looked at my TWIPY 2020 Ballot Submission. I did pick Hot Wheels 1st choice in three categories. I didn't make a selection for 2nd and 3rd in those categories. so it was hands down Hot Wheels for the win.

#2193 14 days ago

Hello i would like to know when magnet is active ?
I made two games near 2000000000 score but i didn't see it in action,thanks

#2194 14 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hello i would like to know when magnet is active ?
I made two games near 2000000000 score but i didn't see it in action,thanks

On the very first left orbit shot, it should grab the ball to start a race. It also grabs it when you finish a race.
Also, at the beginning of Loop/Crash MB, as well as in the mode. That whole mode is about sticking the ball on the magnet, then knocking it back off.

#2195 14 days ago

On the very first left orbit shot, it should grab the ball to start a race. It also grabs it when you finish a race.
Also, at the beginning of Loop/Crash MB, as well as in the mode. That whole mode is about sticking the ball on the magnet, then knocking it back off.

Thanks i will be more attentive next time but i think i have a trouble i should have seen it !

#2196 14 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Thanks i will be more attentive next time but i think i have a trouble i should have seen it !

in test menu magnet doesn't work and under the playfield evrything seems ok
so i don't know where the problem is ?
I will contact my reseller

#2197 14 days ago

I got around to the Twippy voting and Hot Wheels got most of my number 1 votes. Good luck, Team AP! Special best wishes to rookie Dave as well .

#2198 14 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

in test menu magnet doesn't work and under the playfield evrything seems ok
so i don't know where the problem is ?
I will contact my reseller

Yeah, check with the reseller and if you can, trace to make sure that connections are all plugged in underneath the magnet. Just grasping at straws but these things happen sometimes.

#2199 14 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Yeah, check with the reseller and if you can, trace to make sure that connections are all plugged in underneath the magnet. Just grasping at straws but these things happen sometimes.

thanks i made a service ticket,wait and see !
My reseller said me he had the same thing with an other owner and magnet had to be changed

#2200 12 days ago

Are you guys planning to do something similar that stern has starting doing with allowing people to play the wizard mode or a challenge as a mode separate from the main game? The half shell challenge and final battle are a ton of fun on tmnt and avengers has the battle Royale mode where you look to defeat each villain. Its cool just to have the option to play them. Didn’t know if you had thoughts on letting us play the wizard mode or even adding something new like a hot wheels road tour challenge that can be played separate from the main game.

Just a thought as it really freshens things up

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rockville, MD
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,295.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 6,295.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 2270 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside