20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 86.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Lost In The Zone.

Oh yep, I just sold that game a couple months ago. Very true

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Sweet. Please get rid of that white box that says ball added or added ball.Lol

WHAT?! That was the pinnacle of my artistic talent! I'm super sad now.

Fine, fine, that is also changed in the upcoming code release.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Sweet. Please get rid of that white box that says ball added or added ball.Lol

what he said . . .

Quoted from Ferret:

Upcoming code release

#1954 3 years ago

I guess I didn't win the raffle ....

#1955 3 years ago

Check your email spam folder, just incase.

#1956 3 years ago

Was playing 2 player game with a buddy tonight. After the last ball drained on player 2, the screen went black and all the lights on PF turned off. Game basically froze. Tried opening coin door and pushing the buttons and nothing.

Had to turn it off and on.

Anyone else have this happen?

Any ideas Rosh?

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

After the last ball drained on player 2, the screen went black and all the lights on PF turned off. Game basically froze. Tried opening coin door and pushing the buttons and nothing.
Had to turn it off and on.

Put a blank USB stick into the port cord inside the coin door. This will download the game logs. From there you can send to [email protected]

While you’re at it, check connectors inside the backbox. Make sure all are seated properly

#1958 3 years ago

I think the difficulty is pitched just right. You should feel the end goal is attainable. I have a JP3 and I rarely turn it on anymore because difficult/depth is not fun.
I just missed Draven the other day but I was close and I know I can do it. I do wish the gears were more easily achieved. Most I've ever got to is 2nd!

Whilst you're taking comments (and its a really small niggle), please cut some hand holds in the top or at the top of the rear so it can be lifted whilst putting it on legs. The gate needs adjusting, it opens too high and allows a fast ball to come back out, just adjust the bend angle of the one way arm a bit, so a little more development in engineering please.

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Lost In The Zone.

JM - PowerDown

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone else getting big jumps off the right ramp? Sometimes it shoots smooth but probably once a game it flies off the ramp either to the back or around the loop to hit the left side.

I ended up lowering flipper power and now i rarely have this issue and still have no problem making other shots

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm working on making a new topper to replace the thing that came with the game.
This is my first try at it, not perfect but a start.
Robert
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I made a cool topper with some the hot wheels toys. Specifically the triceratops and gorilla. Then I found my five year old standing on the playfield glass trying to get them down to play with. So no custom topper over here anymore.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Fine, fine, that is also changed in the upcoming code release.

Quoted from rosh:

what he said . . .

Is Santa going to deliver this

#1963 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I made a cool topper with some the hot wheels toys. Specifically the triceratops and gorilla. Then I found my five year old standing on the playfield glass trying to get them down to play with. So no custom topper over here anymore.

That's why I'm thinking of making a topper using a sticker.
The topper that came with the game is a bit embarrassing really... Looks and is really cheap.

the original prototype is not going to be the final one but even some taped up printed pics is cooler than what came of the game.

Robert

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Is Santa going to deliver this

code_update_hw_20.12.10 (resized).pngcode_update_hw_20.12.10 (resized).png

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

NEW -- added adjustments under Settings > Sound for separately adjusting effects, music, and speech volume levels
NEW -- added new animation for adding a ball during multiballs
NEW -- added new animation for Legend Jackpot
MODIFIED -- sped up Bonus when double-flipping
MODIFIED -- improved display of Battle Bonus after defeating Draven
MODIFIED -- reduced inactivity time before ball search activates
FIXED -- fixed a bug that could cause bonus to be "un-added" on the Last Game Results page in attract mode.
FIXED -- corrected improper positioning of Victory Lap Multiball total score value

Nice, I particularly appreciate the faster ball search time and separate sound volumes.

#1966 3 years ago

I have not updated my Hot Wheels since I received it in September. Can I just download this update or do I need to download any earlier updates?
Thanks!

#1968 3 years ago

Awesome!
Thanks!

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Just download this one. Enjoy!

Thank you, you are amazing. Like the whole AP team

I am really enjoying the game as is everybody else who plays it here. Great job AP and looking forward to what lies in store

#1970 3 years ago

updated code and now its bricked. Grrrr.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

what is it happening?

Make sure USB stick is formatted FAT32

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Sorry about that, my update went fine. Hope you get it fixed soon!

Robert

#1973 3 years ago

just in time for NYC Indoor "Dining" shutdown for Jackbar! ARRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

#1974 3 years ago

Hey @rosh- with any version, I've always noticed that the rock band playing during attract mode is whisper quiet compared to the main volume of the machine, and maybe even compared to the rest of the attract mode sounds (but i'm not 100% about that part). Is that intentional?

#1975 3 years ago

After doing the update there is something wrong with my RPM insert lights. Its obvious the second you turn on the machine. When all the lights should be white two of them are another color. Then when the game does the red attract mode, the "R" does not light. Tried a couple power cycles, still present.

20201214_104527 (resized).jpg20201214_104527 (resized).jpg20201214_104544 (resized).jpg20201214_104544 (resized).jpg
#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Hey @rosh- with any version, I've always noticed that the rock band playing during attract mode is whisper quiet compared to the main volume of the machine, and maybe even compared to the rest of the attract mode sounds (but i'm not 100% about that part). Is that intentional?

Yes, it is designed to be lower volume. I have it enabled on my machine, so I hear it a lot and does not seem overly quiet when it plays, but maybe I set it too low for a real location. I'm sure others will pipe in with their thoughts.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

After doing the update there is something wrong with my RPM insert lights. Its obvious the second you turn on the machine. When all the lights should be white two of them are another color. Then when the game does the red attract mode, the "R" does not light. Tried a couple power cycles, still present.
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you power cycle, give it a full minute off, and see if that clears it up.

If not, check the wires/connectors to that board.

#1978 3 years ago

20.12.10 Installed. All works fine until now.

The adjustments made to effects, music, and speech volume levels makes the game even more enjoyable for me now Also the sped up Bonus when double-flipping is a welcome feature. Now back to playing.

#1979 3 years ago

Just going to do mine now. Will report back.

#1980 3 years ago

All seems good. A nice extra touch would be when you are adjusting the separate volumes up and down, that you can her them as you do them. Now i am setting volumes and have to start a game. Then go back to setting and adjust. Then start a game. etc until i get it where i want it.

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Sorry about that, my update went fine. Hope you get it fixed soon!
Robert

funny, the first time I did it I left the coin door open when I power cycled it. The second time after I removed the usb I closed the door and it went fine. Same code, same stick. Bizarre but its working. They were quick to contact me and offer help, unlike a certain largest manufacturer.

#1982 3 years ago

Is the default coil strength of the flippers 25?

#1983 3 years ago

Is the default coil strength of the flippers 25?

Correct. The default settings are always in green text, FYI.

#1984 3 years ago

Curious, can't you adjust volume when the game is started and a ball in the shooter? There is music playing right?
Are you asking to adjust volume during attract mode? If that was an option there would need to be music playing right?

Quoted from Cobra:

All seems good. A nice extra touch would be when you are adjusting the separate volumes up and down, that you can her them as you do them. Now i am setting volumes and have to start a game. Then go back to setting and adjust. Then start a game. etc until i get it where i want it.

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

funny, the first time I did it I left the coin door open when I power cycled it. The second time after I removed the usb I closed the door and it went fine. Same code, same stick. Bizarre but its working. They were quick to contact me and offer help, unlike a certain largest manufacturer.

I turned the game on waited till finished booting, then opened the coin door and stuck in the USB stick. It was the same stick that I had used before on the last update.

When it finished updating I turned the power off then remove the USB stick and closed the coin door. Then I turned the power back on.

And everything went well.

Robert

#1986 3 years ago

Update went smooth.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Curious, can't you adjust volume when the game is started and a ball in the shooter? There is music playing right?
Are you asking to adjust volume during attract mode? If that was an option there would need to be music playing right?

No it goes quiet when you open the door. It just would be helpful to actually here how loud what your are adjusting is as you change the volume.

Right now it would be like pausing music and trying to adjust an equalizer rather than being able to do it while music is playing.

Like if I adjust the volume of the speech or affects I then have to close the door and start a game and wait till I hear either of them. Then to adjust it open the door and adjust them close and start a game again.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

you really can't evaluate it without going into game play, as hearing just the volume of any one component without the others is not going to give you a sense of the balance between them. If someone feels one of the elements is out of balance to their preference, I suggest adjusting just that one a bit up or down and then play a game and see if that is more to your liking, if not adjust.

#1989 3 years ago

I just tried to download the new code from your website but am getting a message saying I can't as too many people have already downloaded or there are too many people trying to download at this time. Strange as I've never had any problems before.

#1990 3 years ago

Ya I hear what you are saying Rosh. But if I want to say adjust one sound feature when I am doing that I have no idea how much going up or down say 5 is. So I have to adjust then start a game.

If I could hear a sound as I go up or down at least I would get a general sense of how much I am changing it.

Guys I also adjusted the start and collect targets for Epics. The ball really needed to hit it with force to register. I moved the contact points closer and now a slight glance with the ball will register them.

I was having a hello of time before I adjusted them.

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I just tried to download the new code from your website but am getting a message saying I can't as too many people have already downloaded or there are too many people trying to download at this time. Strange as I've never had any problems before.

if you are still seeing this, can you screen shot what you are seeing?

#1992 3 years ago

Tried the new code tonight. Works awesome, I shot my best game yet! 1.2B

B3A6A7B3-682B-4F0F-A0D0-2A0435DFEA70 (resized).jpegB3A6A7B3-682B-4F0F-A0D0-2A0435DFEA70 (resized).jpeg
#1993 3 years ago

What kind of splitter do I need to tap into GI for spotlights?? Anyone know.

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

When you power cycle, give it a full minute off, and see if that clears it up.
If not, check the wires/connectors to that board.

I re-seated the connectors for that lamp board and all seems okay now. Weird that it happened to happen with the code update, if it was clconnection related.

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My R was blue. Wouldn't turn red just stayed blue. Reseated but it stayed blue.

Turned game off then on and it went back to white.

Also had my 6 in the tach stay green. Same thing. Reseated but it stayed green. Turned game off and on and it went back to normal.

Weird shit happening after the update.

#1996 3 years ago

So I went back to get you a screen shot and of course it came right up.
Maybe the server was just down or overloaded. I am installing currently on my new favorite game!

#1997 3 years ago

Added a key holder to the coin door today.

Looked all over and couldn't find one that was factory installed. Now I can easily find my backbox key.

Robert

IMG_20201215_075739218 (resized).jpgIMG_20201215_075739218 (resized).jpg

#1998 3 years ago

When is Hot Wheels going to have an "assembly manual", like Octoberfest has?

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-7/Assembly.pdf

Robert

#1999 3 years ago

Mine was already included (dog wasn't ). Not sure though if done by Pinball Universe (distributor) or AP.

PXL_20201215_164604440 (resized).jpgPXL_20201215_164604440 (resized).jpg
#2000 3 years ago

Mine was already included (dog wasn't ). Not sure though if done by Pinball Universe (distributor) or AP.
[quoted image]

Mine was there already as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/40?hl=majicman110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.