20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 86.
#1801 3 years ago

Just ordered a Hot Wheels through Fargo Pinball (@BillPinball), can't recommend them enough for your NIB needs. I was mulling the idea of either AIQ, GNR, Beatles or Hot Wheels. Beatles was number one but the 8k price disqualifies it and the other two don't look very interesting. Hot Wheels seems to have everything in my type of pin: layout, rules, art, fun. Can't wait for it to arrive.

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just ordered a Hot Wheels through Fargo Pinball (BillPinball), can't recommend them enough for your NIB needs. I was mulling the idea of either AIQ, GNR, Beatles or Hot Wheels. Beatles was number one but the 8k price disqualifies it and the other two don't look very interesting. Hot Wheels seems to have everything in my type of pin: layout, rules, art, fun. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Welcome to the club! You're gonna love it!

#1803 3 years ago

Loving this game! So fun when you have the RPMs up with multiple modes stacked.

96CD99FB-8DC6-4CC3-9F3E-22E604808194 (resized).jpeg96CD99FB-8DC6-4CC3-9F3E-22E604808194 (resized).jpeg
#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Only small thing we are noticing is balls are getting stuck in a variety of places a lot more often. Up top near the switch above the left pop bumper (slow balls rest up there and are hard to shake out), behind right drop, and a few more spots. I need to play around and see if there is anything I can do to prevent.

Quoted from robotron:

mine does the same i put some very small pcs of velcro in the spotsso the balls dont stop there.

My friend's HW has the ball get stuck in that area, as well.

There are 3 solutions

1) AP redesigns the ball guide and extends it closer to the black rubber ring bumper.

2) If you know what you are doing you could drill a small hole between the ball guide and the rubber and install a small length of piano wire. But that leaves you with having to drill a hole in your play field. And, if you don't know what you are doing you could cause all kinds of problems.

3) You could take a small piece of Gorilla Tape and place a short length of tape between the ball guide and onto the rubber ring. But tape glue gets messy after a while.

#2 and #3 would work. #1 would be the best option if it were to become an option.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 4.41.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-30 at 4.41.42 PM (resized).png

#1805 3 years ago

Hmmm... verify game level? While I have occasionally had a ball caught there, it's pretty uncommon, and easily resolved with a nudge when it happens.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm... verify game level? While I have occasionally had a ball caught there, it's pretty uncommon, and easily resolved with a nudge when it happens.

I haven't checked in a few weeks, but I have a nice digital level and am pretty darn level most of the time. But prolly wouldn't hurt for me to check again.

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My friend's HW has the ball get stuck in that area, as well.
There are 3 solutions
1) AP redesigns the ball guide and extends it closer to the black rubber ring bumper.
2) If you know what you are doing you could drill a small hole between the ball guide and the rubber and install a small length of piano wire. But that leaves you with having to drill a hole in your play field. And, if you don't know what you are doing you could cause all kinds of problems.
3) You could take a small piece of Gorilla Tape and place a short length of tape between the ball guide and onto the rubber ring. But tape glue gets messy after a while.
#2 and #3 would work. #1 would be the best option if it were to become an option.
[quoted image]

i bought a variety of these to put on those spots. problem solved.i use the smallest ones

5A197A53-AF23-46BC-BF47-8A8865E8F8DA (resized).png5A197A53-AF23-46BC-BF47-8A8865E8F8DA (resized).png

#1808 3 years ago

Would you mine attaching a picture of where you positioned these 3 M bumpers?
I have a little issue with the top but mine is worse on the area below the bumpers before it makes the exit by the rpm targets. Been thinking I might change the rubber in that area to something softer/bouncier.

#1809 3 years ago

I checked my level yesterday and was 6.1-6.2 on pitch and .1-.2 on side to side or lateral measurement.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

My game has the same issue with ball hang ups. I have checked my game several times for slope and level (side-to-side). The playfield slope is right at 6 degrees and the the playfield is level, side-to-side.

So, I believe that there is a design issue as opposed to an alignment issue.

Robert

#1811 3 years ago

This seems to be the general experience so far now we just need to find a way to fix it.

#1812 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong as I am still playing and loving this game immensely.

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ferret,

Is the ball getting caught up there a feature or an oversight? If it is a feature then you are golden. If an oversight, you need to have another look or this ball hanging action will become a regular part of HW owners' conversation; And this super pin will be tagged with this forever.

Yes. the game was level. We had just got it set up a couple of hours earlier. We put the digital level gauge to it and while two of us held the pin off the floor and the third guy was under the machine getting the leg levelers adjusted.

This hangup happened 3 times the other night on my friend's HW. A couple of times the nudge had to be quite spirited to get the ball back in play. It will not stop me from buying a HW when the time comes, but if this action was not part of the blueprint design it should be corrected; Or at least looked into.

From what I could see, the ball guide appears to be too short. But I am not your engineer with hours of time spent designing HW. Whether is was a design oversight by your engineer or perhaps your supplier did not read the blue print correctly is beyond me to say.

But you are not building airplanes ( where every blueprint change has to be approved by the FAA which can take months ). A minor drawing change to add a small length of extra material and a call to your suppler could be accomplished in a couple of days; If the ball guide is the problem.

Hopefully, you don't have a large number of ball guides in stock that you would need to burn through if the ball guide shows to be the problem.

If this ball hanging up was not part of the design plan you should look into it.

Sincerely.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ferret,
Is the ball getting caught up there a feature or an oversight? If it is a feature then you are golden. If an oversight, you need to have another look or this ball hanging action will become a regular part of HW owners' conversation; And this super pin will be tagged with this forever.
Yes. the game was level. We had just got it set up a couple of hours earlier. We put the digital level gauge to it and while two of us held the pin off the floor and the third guy was under the machine getting the leg levelers adjusted.
This hangup happened 3 times the other night on my friend's HW. A couple of times the nudge had to be quite spirited to get the ball back in play. It will not stop me from buying a HW when the time comes, but if this action was not part of the blueprint design it should be corrected; Or at least looked into.
From what I could see, the ball guide appears to be too short. But I am not your engineer with hours of time spent designing HW. Whether is was a design oversight by your engineer or perhaps your supplier did not read the blue print correctly is beyond me to say.
But you are not building airplanes ( where every blueprint change has to be approved by the FAA which can take months ). A minor drawing change to add a small length of extra material and a call to your suppler could be accomplished in a couple of days; If the ball guide is the problem.
Hopefully, you don't have a large number of ball guides in stock that you would need to burn through if the ball guide shows to be the problem.
If this ball hanging up was not part of the design plan you should look into it.
Sincerely.

FWIW I fixed my hang up issues up top with rubber post sleeves. I only had short ones so I had to stack two on top of each other to cover the whole post. I can take some pics if you want.

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ferret,
Sincerely.

Doesn’t need a redesign. See post #1217 for the fix. I did mine in 5 mins and haven’t had the issue since.

#1816 3 years ago
C3B622DC-3C6C-4645-BEC9-F35B3BC3E0AF (resized).jpegC3B622DC-3C6C-4645-BEC9-F35B3BC3E0AF (resized).jpeg
#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Doesn’t need a redesign. See post #1217 for the fix. I did mine in 5 mins and haven’t had the issue since.

To me that’s not really the point.

When my stern Star Trek had an issue with stuck balls, they came up with a solution and published it. They also applied the solution to games in process. Games with a s/n below a certain number were advised to apply the fix.

I agree with “cottonm4” that the Mfg needs to take over and advise if a fix is necessary, and if so...what it is.

Robert

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When my stern Star Trek had an issue with stuck balls, they came up with a solution and published it. They also applied the solution to games in process. Games with a s/n below a certain number were advised to apply the fix.
I agree with “cottonm4” that the Mfg needs to take over and advise if a fix is necessary, and if so...what it is.
Robert

if i recall i had to put a decal over a screw in the playfield by the pops. it was very annoying.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is there a count down timer on the screen for redline mania in new code?

The playfield tach counts down the last 10 seconds, that is the only visible timer.

#1820 3 years ago

Ok thanks Rosh. Any plans to add one?

Can you give us any info on what you said in one of your videos about some things you guys were looking at adding but were waiting to see if you can the rights for it ?

Picking my game up in 5 hours. Can't wait.
Going to drink Tequila and read your post 9n Treasure Hunt cars again and see if I can get some. Lol

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

The issue is with the flat rail moving away from the post, where it can create a small lip that the ball can rest on. While games are checked for this, the movement can occur during shipment or with time if the nut is not tightened enough, (you also don't want to over tighten).

As described in the post above (referencing the 1217 post), all you need to do is loosen the nut under the playfield, push the rail flush to the post and hold it there while tightening down the nut.

You can contact support if you need further assistance.

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ok thanks Rosh. Any plans to add one?

Not at this time. We feel the music and the final 10 second countdown gives a pretty good sense of when you are running out of time and in building the tension and crescendo. With all of the action on the playfield, not like the player can be looking up at the screen.

Quoted from Cobra:

Can you give us any info on what you said in one of your videos about some things you guys were looking at adding but were waiting to see if you can the rights for it ?

I have no additional info to share at this time.

#1823 3 years ago

How long does it take to get a hot wheels. It’s been weeks since ordering and my distributor hasn’t heard anything. No worries if it takes a bit just excited to get it

#1824 3 years ago

Quick suggestion/ frustration: you can't enter red line mania during a multiball, but your tach can go down during a multiball. This drives me crazy. I get my tach around 7 or 8, enter a mb then when mb is over, I'm back to a tach of 1 or 2. Also, a little more use of white light effects would be nice during red line mania.

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How long does it take to get a hot wheels. It’s been weeks since ordering and my distributor hasn’t heard anything. No worries if it takes a bit just excited to get it

I ordered mine on Nov. 9th and distributor had it on the 12th in Toronto.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick suggestion/ frustration: you can't enter red line mania during a multiball, but your tach can go down during a multiball. This drives me crazy. I get my tach around 7 or 8, enter a mb then when mb is over, I'm back to a tach of 1 or 2. Also, a little more use of white light effects would be nice during red line mania.

Thats because your tach is also associated with a bones to scoring. You were getting a benefit to your score during that multiball, and it ticks down as a risk reward of either shooting the tach to keep the multiplier up or focusing on scoring the big point shots that are getting multiplied.

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If you redline the tach in a MB, won't redline mania start after MB ends?

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

While it was taking a few weeks or more back in the summer and early fall, currently the wait is typically just a week or so as far being ready to ship from us. Obviously shipping time can vary a bit. If it has been multiple weeks you might want to check with your distributor.

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Part of this is making the decision before going into MB, should I redline now, shift gears and then work my RPM back up OR go for MB now with my tach high (of course depends on the state of your turbo boost and whether or not you have used it in the current gear).

Part of the challenge in MB is keeping the tach up, you almost need to be dedicating one ball to the RPM targets. Very easy in the action of MB to forget about the RPM targets and to let your tach fall, and it will fall a bit faster in MB.

Sometimes you can keep the tach up in MB and go right into redline after with just a shot or two.

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

While it was taking a few weeks or more back in the summer and early fall, currently the wait is typically just a week or so as far being ready to ship from us. Obviously shipping time can vary a bit. If it has been multiple weeks you might want to check with your distributor.

Ok, they might of not put the order in on Time or something. It’s been over 3 weeks so I was hoping this week it would ship. I’ll reach out to them again and double check.

Thanks!

#1831 3 years ago

Your game is shipping out today - sorry for the delay with this one. As rosh mentioned, Hot Wheels typically ships out within a week, as it is readily available.

Thank you kindly for your patience and support!

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ordered mine on Monday afternoon, got here this morning. Was playing by 11am.

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Your game is shipping out today - sorry for the delay with this one. As Rosh mentioned, Hot Wheels typically ships out within a week, as it is readily available.
Thank you kindly for your patience and support!

No worries at all. Thanks for the reply! We are excited to add it to the line up!

#1834 3 years ago

I played Hot Wheels for the first time at Cactus Jack's in OKC last weekend. This game is incredible! I kept going back for more. I'll have one in my collection someday. Good job American Pinball!

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

I played Hot Wheels for the first time at Cactus Jack's in OKC last weekend. This game is incredible! I kept going back for more. I'll have one in my collection someday. Good job American Pinball!

Happy to hear you enjoyed Hot Wheels! It definitely is a 'one more game' type of pinball.

I just added Hot Wheels to Cactus Jack's on www.PinballMap.com

If there are any other publicly available Hot Wheels not listed on PinballMap.com let's get them added so others can find it and play!

#1836 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the magnet? I’ve just realized mine hasn’t been working/active for a loooong time now. Checked for loose wires, nada, tried testing it in the coil test, nada.

#1837 3 years ago

Just got it home finally.

When there is no sound coming from the speakers, do any of yours have a loud static sound coming from them? Like interference of some sort?

Really annoying.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Just got it home finally.
When there is no sound coming from the speakers, do any of yours have a loud static sound coming from them? Like interference of some sort?
Really annoying.

Yes, i adjusted the levels on the amplifier

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Part of this is making the decision before going into MB, should I redline now, shift gears and then work my RPM back up OR go for MB now with my tach high (of course depends on the state of your turbo boost and whether or not you have used it in the current gear).
Part of the challenge in MB is keeping the tach up, you almost need to be dedicating one ball to the RPM targets. Very easy in the action of MB to forget about the RPM targets and to let your tach fall, and it will fall a bit faster in MB.
Sometimes you can keep the tach up in MB and go right into redline after with just a shot or two.

I appreciate the response. My reply is, "YOU BASTARDS!" Damn that is some crazy coding. I am starting to have a love/hate relationship with this game...too many choices to make! Love it! You guys have created a thing of beauty here. I mean you suck! AAARGH!

#1840 3 years ago

Was definitely one of those things that was refined by play-testing. The Tach used to rev-down at normal speed during multiballs, which meant that about 95% of the time you were playing multiballs with the Tach maxed out, and then one shot away from Redline when the multiball ended. Pretty much defeated the challenge of the Tach. Now you gotta work a little to earn your points. Throw in the challenge of arming Boost and using it at exactly the right time (which may or may not be during a multiball) and yeah, you'll either be on cloud 9 when you blow up the game, or cursing it out when it tells you who's really the boss.

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from Hold_Fast:

I’ve just realized mine hasn’t been working/active for a loooong time now. Checked for loose wires, nada, tried testing it in the coil test, nada.

Submit a service ticket and I’ll get ya fixed up.

Quoted from Cobra:

Send me an email: [email protected]
Your noise filter going from the computer to the amp might be backward. Send me a picture to confirm.

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Send me an email: [email protected]
Your noise filter going from the computer to the amp might be backward. Send me a picture to confirm.

Done.

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:I agree with “cottonm4” that the Mfg needs to take over and advise if a fix is necessary, and if so...what it is.

cottonm4 MrSanRamon Here ya go.

Hotwheels - upper orbit stuck ball fix.pdfHotwheels - upper orbit stuck ball fix.pdf
#1844 3 years ago

Made it to Draven last night but couldn’t beat him. So close.

58A5E9F3-6768-482F-BB25-E487559B5ECE (resized).jpeg58A5E9F3-6768-482F-BB25-E487559B5ECE (resized).jpeg
#1845 3 years ago

After I coded Draven Battle, the first time I was play-testing it, I couldn't miss. Bam bam bam, nailed all the shots, done. I was worried that it was too easy. Don't think I've completed it on the first try since then.

#1846 3 years ago

Does American still have the buy one get one $500 off deal? or was that only if you bought Okt or Houdini towards Hot Wheels? Just bought Hot Wheels and now want Oktoberfest...lol

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

cottonm4 mrsanramon Here ya go.
[quoted image]

Those are nice pictures and nice instructions that help. However, my friend's problem rests just over the left pop bumper. This what I was trying to address in my post #1804. I made a boo boo with my pic and hi-lighted the wrong area.

We were having problems here. Just above where the left pop, the rubber ring, and the ball guide meet. The ball guide is covered over with a large play filed plastic and hidden from view.

IMG_5074 (resized).JPGIMG_5074 (resized).JPG

The area is not the easiest to photograph so I made up a basic drawing to show what was going on.

The ball guide does not extend out over the rubber ring and the tip of the guide was turned down which made a "cradle" for a slow moving ball to get trapped in. It took some powerful shaking to get the ball back in motion.

guide (resized).jpegguide (resized).jpeg

Removing the ball guide to bend it out looked like a lot of work with all of the plastic that would have to be removed to be able to remove the ball guide.

What we did was take a screwdriver of size and wedge the tip of the screwdriver between the rubber ring post and the guide and tweaked the guide so it would no longer be pointing down.

IMG_5083 (resized).JPGIMG_5083 (resized).JPG

The guide will never make contact with the rubber ring, but the tweaking got rid of the cradle and now the ball is flowing freely. Everything else seems like is where its is supposed to be.

There are no other issues with this pin and it is hitting 100%.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 8.14.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-04 at 8.14.21 PM (resized).png

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

FWIW I fixed my hang up issues up top with rubber post sleeves. I only had short ones so I had to stack two on top of each other to cover the whole post. I can take some pics if you want.

Pics or a sketch would be great.

Robert

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from Hold_Fast:

Has anyone had issues with the magnet? I’ve just realized mine hasn’t been working/active for a loooong time now. Checked for loose wires, nada, tried testing it in the coil test, nada.

Yes, I have the same issue.

Guess I should pay attention to who's posting eh?

#1850 3 years ago

Loves this game. But.

I am getting so many rejects from the track builder saucer. It goes past the gate and some how comes back down.

The ball rattles between the guides on the inner left loop a lot.

And when the ball hits the left side of the R target it bounces left and hits the guide and then rattles back and forth between the guides.
It is almost like the R target would have been better position if it was a little to the right and the guide behind it was a little longer so the ball would hit the guide and continue up instead of bouncing off the R target.

Anyone else having these things happen?

And why can't I backhand the outer left loop like Danger did in the video with Rosh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/37?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.