0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 85.
#1701 3 years ago

fyi for any of you hotwheels owners. i had issues where on the left side ramp the ball was exiting and then draining around the post into the outer outlane. i installed the exit ramps exit plate kit today and it was the fix for this issue. the kit comes with 2 plates for left side and right side easy install.
btw i was told these kits were sent to distributors for their customers for builds before ser #3132. oddly enough mine was the last built with-out this kit from the factory ser #3131. i would contact distributor first.

0952E40D-ED80-44DA-BBB0-2666983EFBEC (resized).jpeg0952E40D-ED80-44DA-BBB0-2666983EFBEC (resized).jpeg877CCC47-1585-4E00-AD13-67C0CAEA9A19 (resized).jpeg877CCC47-1585-4E00-AD13-67C0CAEA9A19 (resized).jpegC5224090-41DD-4E4F-928D-B4BA7F0F0C5C (resized).jpegC5224090-41DD-4E4F-928D-B4BA7F0F0C5C (resized).jpegC5C5E486-4072-41B2-86A2-2CAD80A231D5 (resized).jpegC5C5E486-4072-41B2-86A2-2CAD80A231D5 (resized).jpegEF740A2A-9506-4B20-8148-9B3876550F95 (resized).jpegEF740A2A-9506-4B20-8148-9B3876550F95 (resized).jpeg

#1702 3 years ago

Finally got to play this on location last night, man is it fast!! Unfortunately the one I played must have had the flipper strength too high because shots to the targets near the left loop entrance would airball all the way back to or over the flippers! We only played a few games because of this and it was under a flourescent light that caused a lot of glare on the glass. My wife did get some good stuff going including a Red Line Mania which looked to be a ton of fun. Hopefully I'll get to play it again soon with a better setup.

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

fyi for any of you hotwheels owners. i had issues where on the left side ramp the ball was exiting and then draining around the post into the outer outlane. i installed the exit ramps exit plate kit today and it was the fix for this issue. the kit comes with 2 plates for left side and right side easy install.
btw i was told these kits were sent to distributors for their customers for builds before ser #3132. oddly enough mine was the last built with-out this kit from the factory ser #3131. i would contact distributor first.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yea I got that kit as well since my game was an earlier build. Had to bend the tab down on both a little bit so there was enough room for the ball to drop. But it works! I originally had some temp felt at the end to deaden the ball but don't need that anymore. Plus it wasn't 100% effective like these plates.

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Finally got to play this on location last night, man is it fast!! Unfortunately the one I played must have had the flipper strength too high because shots to the targets near the left loop entrance would airball all the way back to or over the flippers! We only played a few games because of this and it was under a flourescent light that caused a lot of glare on the glass. My wife did get some good stuff going including a Red Line Mania which looked to be a ton of fun. Hopefully I'll get to play it again soon with a better setup.

There are a few bricky type shots in the game where you tend to get airballs. You can tone down the flippers but I bought some new target foam that I want to try first as I like how the flipper strength feels on mine. I think I might have both turned up a tick or two.

#1705 3 years ago

so i find that when i am on chaos multi ball and i start to see the redline multi ball rpms come up i really try to avoid the redline rpm targets. even though redline is really nice looking multi ball i have to say that i tend to get no more than 32 million on redline so i prefere to stay on chaos where i have scored more than 6 billion. i think that redline needs to be adjusted to score a little more to entice players to go for it more. anybody else do the same?

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so i find that when i am on chaos multi ball and i start to see the redline multi ball rpms come up i really try to avoid the redline rpm targets. even though redline is really nice looking multi ball i have to say that i tend to get no more than 32 million on redline so i prefere to stay on chaos where i have scored more than 6 billion. i think that redline needs to be adjusted to score a little more to entice players to go for it more. anybody else do the same?

I believe it is not possible to start RLM while in any multiball mode. As an FYI, all the main shots become progressively more valueable after each RLM gear you reach. So, the more RLM modes you play, the higher your scoring will be.

#1707 3 years ago

UPDATE: Nevermind, easy fix. Last person who played it gave me a better description of how it failed (some lights worked, then suddenly stopped working mid game). Realized the connector may have come loose and popped it open and sure enough, the connector completely fell off. Problem solved!

My RPM lights stopped working today, they have gone completely dark. I tried a reboot and no dice. I go into the test menu and validated they don't light up when selected.

Where do I start the troubleshooting? Any advise for me before I reach out to my distro?

#1708 3 years ago

Just had a few great games, such a smooth playing machine. I've been turning this on constantly since I got it. A couple new owner questions:

Should the right saucer shot be roughly 50/50 with the ball landing in vs. going through? A lot of times I seem to shoot through instead of staying in the saucer. Not sure if something is missing or bent back there, or that's the way it's supposed to be.

Also, did the game come with mylar in front of the slingshots (and drop points, and probably elsewhere) or did the previous owner do this? The mylar's a bit thick or coming up a tiny bit in front of my left sling, making the ball change directions once in a while.

Quoted from Palmer:

There are a few bricky type shots in the game where you tend to get airballs. You can tone down the flippers but I bought some new target foam that I want to try first as I like how the flipper strength feels on mine. I think I might have both turned up a tick or two.

What foam did you buy, out of curiosity? I'd like to get some more cushiony foam for both this game and my TBL, which is also frequent with standup-to-glass shots.

#1709 3 years ago

Yea Mylar is stock and can change ball direction when it slowly rolls over the edge. Just pretend it’s a magnet

I got black target foam from PBL.

#1710 3 years ago

Just joined, still gotta unpack

20201107_143316 (resized).jpg20201107_143316 (resized).jpg
#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

As an FYI, all the main shots become progressively more valueable after each RLM gear you reach. So, the more RLM modes you play, the higher your scoring will be.

This. You shift gears after each Red Line Mania (at least until you get to 5th gear, which is maxed out), where gear is basically a permanent playfield multiplier. You also only get one full Boost per gear, so once you've used up your Boost, that's another incentive to redline.

#1712 3 years ago

I just keep hearing the deep "Shift gears" call-out from HS2 in my head when I read this.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

If you are getting 32 million on your first RLM then you are one shot away from getting the super jackpot which is MUCH bigger.
I don't think you can start RLM while in multiball. I have intentionally drained track multiball before when the tach was at 10. This automatically starts RLM. From what I can tell the benefits are
- the tach seems to go down faster in multiball and i suck at going for rpm targets and jackpots at the same time.
-shifting gears after RLM increases all scoring

That being said if you are regularly hitting 6 billion on car chaos your scores are likely much higher than mine

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I don't think you can start RLM while in multiball

You can from loop crash and track unlimited, and they resume when you're done with RLM. Haven't tried from victory lap or car chaos yet.

Quoted from majicman110:

shifting gears after RLM increases all scoring

More specifically, higher gears raise the baseline tach value and give a permanent end-of-ball bonus multiplier.

#1715 3 years ago

Just put down a deposit. Can't wait.

#1717 3 years ago

I saw this! Pretty awesome. I was going to recommend it to some of my friends, but sadly Canadians can't participate.
Good luck to those of you who can enter!

#1718 3 years ago

It asks for postal code. I entered. Maybe they won't notice. Lol

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

It asks for postal code. I entered.

happy.gifhappy.gif

When I read the fine print it sounded like it was only open to US residents. I will definitely enter, and encourage my friends to as well.
Thanks for the heads up!

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

It asks for postal code. I entered. Maybe they won't notice. Lol

when you fill out the paper work, we will know.

New Yorkers are also unable to enter, due to the laws there relative to sweepstakes.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

when you fill out the paper work, we will know.
New Yorkers are also unable to enter, due to the laws there relative to sweepstakes.

So just to clarify before I tell too many Canadians about it, we are unable to enter? What if we have an American address it could be sent to?

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

So just to clarify before I tell too many Canadians about it, we are unable to enter? What if we have an American address it could be sent to?

Given the various tax filing requirements, probably be tricky to pull off.

#1723 3 years ago

My orders in! Curious, do they all come with art blades and a topper? Or was that limited?

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Curious, do they all come with art blades and a topper? Or was that limited?

Congrats. The answer is yes.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Congrats. The answer is yes.

sweet! Thanks! The kids and I are pumped up for it.

#1726 3 years ago

I ordered mine on Monday. Spoke to Michael a few minutes ago he said it has left already. Can't wait. Great pin.

They are doing a live stream tonight. Info is on their website. Starts in an hour.

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My orders in! Curious, do they all come with art blades and a topper? Or was that limited?

American Pinball produced the first quantity (I think either 250 or 500) which includes the side art and shaker motor. Luckily I was part of that batch. Depending on your distro will depend whether you get them or not. I imagine you should. Great game. Lots of fun! Enjoy and congrats!

#1728 3 years ago

gonna install some grand nationals

6C265296-7527-4B36-876B-1DDDA02FB543 (resized).jpeg6C265296-7527-4B36-876B-1DDDA02FB543 (resized).jpeg875245C1-56F6-4946-9993-91F9CA74D005 (resized).jpeg875245C1-56F6-4946-9993-91F9CA74D005 (resized).jpegD191AD0E-D5AD-4131-8687-3C7EB6704B30 (resized).jpegD191AD0E-D5AD-4131-8687-3C7EB6704B30 (resized).jpeg
#1729 3 years ago

I believe every game gets a shaker and blades now.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Sweet!

#1731 3 years ago

How many cars can you switch out?

#1732 3 years ago

5 in the game i think.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Grand National is my favorite casting. Well, that and the '86 Monte Carlo SS. I'd love to see photos of these cars installed in your game!

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

The first 500 Hot Wheels machines out of the factory will have the complimentary Shaker Motor. The internal cabinet art is included as standard with every game produced. Additional standard features include: powder-coated armor and legs, real backglass, 3D lenticular back panel, checkered flag flipper toppers, RGB lighting throughout - including the GI, and a topper.

We are inching towards selling out of games with the free shaker motors with our recent marketing activities geared to the millions of Hot Wheels enthusiasts. Now is a good time to order if you want the free shaker. Games are ready to ship immediately.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

The Grand National is my favorite casting. Well, that and the '86 Monte Carlo SS. I'd love to see photos of these cars installed in your game!

ill post some pics i have to get myself to open the box and take the toy out. hardest thing for me to do is remove NIB stuff out of their boxes.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

The first 500 Hot Wheels machines out of the factory will have the complimentary Shaker Motor. The internal cabinet art is included as standard with every game produced. Additional standard features include: powder-coated armor and legs, real backglass, 3D lenticular back panel, checkered flag flipper toppers, RGB lighting throughout - including the GI, and a topper.
We are inching towards selling out of games with the free shaker motors with our recent marketing activities geared to the millions of Hot Wheels enthusiasts. Now is a good time to order if you want the free shaker. Games are ready to ship immediately.

I'm surprised you guys haven't sold 500 yet. Its a really good game.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

yeah, that’s what I was thinking too and it’s not a bad nib price

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

good game. high quality playfield cab and assembly.

#1739 3 years ago

I wish you could cancel the bonus faster,your other two games are way faster in serving the next ball,I keep hitting the flipper buttons wanting to get back to play,stern has it down really well,hit the flippers and. Boom ,next ball

#1740 3 years ago

Was playing my HW this morning. Hot damn, this game is fast and fun!!

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Was playing my HW this morning. Hot damn, this game is fast and fun!!

Isn't it? It's almost all I've turned on in the past few weeks. Super smooth. If I could just stop those left ramp standups from launching the ball into the glass 1/3rd of the time, it would be, er, extra-super-smooth. I should play with flipper power I guess, but don't want to alter how it plays otherwise.

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I wish you could cancel the bonus faster,your other two games are way faster in serving the next ball,I keep hitting the flipper buttons wanting to get back to play,stern has it down really well,hit the flippers and. Boom ,next ball

I agree. We'll accelerate it more in the future.

#1743 3 years ago

Great

Quoted from Ferret:

Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks

#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This! I’m finding myself constantly waiting even when cycling through with the flippers. What’s even worse is if you restart a game by holding the start button. Takes forever and it always kicks the ball back into the trough from the shooter lane. Should be programmed to just reset the game like a Stern or CGC machine & just keep on shooting.

#1745 3 years ago

Im hoping i get mine soon. I liked it when I played it but I’ve been on a tear getting the most recent pins. We will see how it stacks up with tmnt le and aiq le. No gnr for me yet but I’ll get to compare it to the two most recent stern. I’m sure it will hold its own.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love GN's.
Good choice!

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Isn't it? It's almost all I've turned on in the past few weeks. Super smooth. If I could just stop those left ramp standups from launching the ball into the glass 1/3rd of the time, it would be, er, extra-super-smooth. I should play with flipper power I guess, but don't want to alter how it plays otherwise.

Haha. Me too, I cranked up the flipper strength and the slingshots too...Gotta play it fast!!!

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Haha. Me too, I cranked up the flipper strength and the slingshots too...Gotta play it fast!!!

i love spinners and this game has 2 fast spinner shots i can hit them all day

#1749 3 years ago

Stealthy scoring opportunity: if you can keep both spinners spinning (probably a multiball thing, but could be done single ball if they’re spinning well) they can become quite valuable.

#1750 3 years ago

Haven't watched it yet, but think it will be helpful

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 49.99
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.