20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 86.
#1651 3 years ago

Nice Chaos score! It can indeed be a juicy feature, but that's pretty darned impressive.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nice Chaos score! It can indeed be a juicy feature, but that's pretty darned impressive.

believe me i dont even know what i did to get it. just tried to keep the balls in play.

#1653 3 years ago

Got mine on Monday and set it up at work Tuesday. Team loves it! We have been given it lots of love this week.

Had a few issues that 10.15 seems to have fixed. Since patching, we had one game freeze right after someone went into 3rd gear. Haven't had time to reproduce yet. Also, is there a reason that on the Tach meter in the playfield, when you are getting ready to shoot a ball, sometime an RPM insert lights up in a different color? We have seen it with diff numbers and diff colors.

PXL_20201023_152546746 (resized).jpgPXL_20201023_152546746 (resized).jpg
#1654 3 years ago

Got a problem with mine blowing the left fuse (vuk, LH Flipper, left coils). Any experience as to what to look for?

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Also, is there a reason that on the Tach meter in the playfield, when you are getting ready to shoot a ball, sometime an RPM insert lights up in a different color? We have seen it with diff numbers and diff colors.

I believe the color is gear dependent.

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Also, is there a reason that on the Tach meter in the playfield, when you are getting ready to shoot a ball, sometime an RPM insert lights up in a different color? We have seen it with diff numbers and diff colors.

When the ball is in the shooter lane for the skill shot, the playfield Tach lights are used for the super-popular, super-secret flipper-rev skill shot, so they may temporarily look a little different than usual.

Welcome to the club, glad to hear you and your team are loving the game!

#1657 3 years ago

AP got back to me (rapidly!). Should be 6.3a fuses but it shipped with 4a. At least it wasn't over fused.

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Got a problem with mine blowing the left fuse (vuk, LH Flipper, left coils). Any experience as to what to look for?

The fuse rating for that side should be 6.3A. My guess is that human error led to the incorrect fuse being installed. Please make sure the fuse is 6.3A. We apologize for the inconvenience, if this is the case.

#1659 3 years ago

Has anyone gotten the Pit Stop Barrier from Mod Couple?
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/api-hot-wheels-redline-tires-custom-3d-pop-bumper-complete-mod-set

Or other mods from them?

Wonder how they attach and how well done they are?
Thanks!!

#1660 3 years ago

What's the music like on this game? Is there any metal in it? Is there different music for different modes? Thanks.

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from MikieHead:

Has anyone gotten the Pit Stop Barrier from Mod Couple?
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/api-hot-wheels-redline-tires-custom-3d-pop-bumper-complete-mod-set
Or other mods from them?
Wonder how they attach and how well done they are?
Thanks!!

The Pit Stop Barrier is very detailed. It's tall and blocks a portion of ball travel, but isn't detrimental to gameplay. I've considered 'aging' or 'white-washing' the tires for more detail as they're dark from a player's perspective. The mod is held firmly with three or four double-stick pads.

Hot Wheels was my first Mod Couple experience. I purchased a several for this pin and feel something special about their creations. There's definitely a passion/love for what they do.

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

What's the music like on this game? Is there any metal in it? Is there different music for different modes?

It's got a pretty energetic set of music overall, though I know if any of it qualifies as "metal". Every mode and multiball has a unique music track, so tons of music in the game. There's also a pretty cool feature where the main "out of mode" music is dynamically mixed as you progress in the race, so the effect is like having a half-dozen or so pieces of music just for that. We do some other fun stuff with the music, like Redline Mania that is a multiball that is exactly 45 seconds long, so the music is synchronized perfectly to the overall multiball.

A lot of folks have streamed Hot Wheels, so you can search around for some streams and listen to the music yourself.

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

A lot of folks have streamed Hot Wheels, so you can search around for some streams and listen to the music yourself.

Will check them out... any links to a decent stream that demonstrates the music well is appreciated... or I'll stop being lazy and find some myself

#1664 3 years ago

check those from Karl DeAngelo, almost you'll get quality gameplay

#1665 3 years ago

Is it just me or does it seem that red line mode needs music? So quiet for such an exciting multiball!

#1666 3 years ago

@PinballHolder, Red Line Mania does have music ... but some people have reported it going missing when using the "incremental" update package. The incremental update is a new feature, so it might have some lurking bugs. Try downloading and installing the "Full Code Update" for 20.10.15, that seems to restore the music for people.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

PinballHolder, Red Line Mania does have music ... but some people have reported it going missing when using the "incremental" update package. The incremental update is a new feature, so it might have some lurking bugs. Try downloading and installing the "Full Code Update" for 20.10.15, that seems to restore the music for people.
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/
Sorry for any inconvenience.

yes, did the incremental update yesterday and then had to do the full update as a lot of speech and music went missing.

#1668 3 years ago

can someone confirm that the jets don't have lights in them? If not can they be fitted? Odd choice given the lighting on the rest of the game.

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

can someone confirm that the jets don't have lights in them? If not can they be fitted? Odd choice given the lighting on the rest of the game.

CONFIRMED - no lights in the POP jets.

#1670 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We will be doing a walk through of game rules, among other things, at 8PM ET tonight on the Pinball Virtual Expo.
It will be live and we will be doing Q&A if time permits.
pinballexpo.net

Quoted from Ferret:

I would very much expect that the Pinball Expo team will make all the Virtual Expo sessions available... check in at http://www.pinballexpo.net occasionally for updates.

rosh Ferret I do see 2 videos available from the Pinball Virtual Expo under https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo/videos but I cannot find the part of AP. Do you happen to know if this part is made available and where we can find it?

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Rosh Ferret I do see 2 videos available from the Pinball Virtual Expo under https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo/videos but I cannot find the part of AP. Do you happen to know if this part is made available and where we can find it?

We had to do a re-record, not sure what expo did with it, but should be on our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We had to do a re-record, not sure what expo did with it, but should be on our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball

Cool, thank you very much

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Confirmed, no lights in the pops. Although it's likely possible to add lights, it won't be a simple plug-in.

#1674 3 years ago

Hooray! The trade is complete! I got my hot wheels today! I am getting hissing on the speakers though. How do I fix this?

#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Hooray! The trade is complete! I got my hot wheels today! I am getting hissing on the speakers though. How do I fix this?

Here's how I fixed it for my table, YMMV:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/33#post-5923081

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I simply turned the volume down on the amp and then up in the game settings.

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I am getting hissing on the speakers though. How do I fix this?

Check that the audio plugs are going in the right direction.
If you only have a slight hiss during attract mode, turn down the treble knob on the amp about 1/8 turn.

2DF1AD68-CBDC-4F4A-B9D8-7235126AB27D (resized).jpeg2DF1AD68-CBDC-4F4A-B9D8-7235126AB27D (resized).jpeg
#1678 3 years ago

Finally got mine today (along with Oktoberfest) after paying a full month ago. STI is brutal right now. Anyway, really enjoying it. One thing that immediately impressed me in person that doesn't come across in youtube/twitch videos is how cool the animation is. It looks kind of low quality when watching streams, but in person it's really well done. The writing is funny, too. I'm not a huge screen watcher in pinball but playing 2 player with my wife I got to get a good feel for the animation, and then spent too much time watching during my own turns because I wanted to see more. There's definitely been a notable progression in the animation from Houdini to Oktoberfest to Hot Wheels.

Happy to now own all three American Pinballs! You guys and girls make great stuff.

#1679 3 years ago

Having a lot of balls rejecting from the left scoop. Basically the gate opens way too wide. Added a fix.
20201029_160355 (resized).jpg20201029_160355 (resized).jpg
Not a single reject since.

#1680 3 years ago

I need to do that. Still getting more rejects than I want. What is that you used?

#1681 3 years ago

Solder end of a leaf switch, they type that fit together with fibre spacers but you could use anything with a hole to screw thru.

#1682 3 years ago

starting to get SDTM from rpm targets. i have to nudge really hard as ball goes thru to avoid this any tweaks?

#1683 3 years ago

check your side to side level. how is your pop bumper action? I adjusted switches and upped power on each a couple of ticks to get some better action. That tends to equate to more speed coming out which in turn helps to avoid SDTMs.

#1684 3 years ago

Hello all. Does anyone have one they want to sell or trade close to Milwaukee??

Thanks

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Hello all. Does anyone have one they want to sell or trade close to Milwaukee??
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104906

I’m sure they would sell you one and it’s just over an hour away

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Does anyone have one they want to sell or trade close to Milwaukee??

Pioneer is likely closer.
Kingpin is in WI too.
https://www.american-pinball.com/distributors/

#1687 3 years ago

I didn't know about Pioneer, but that is about in Bill's ( Lawnboy ) backyard. Or sure that Christopher - Kingpin could fix him up.

Just buy a NIB Bill. I think it would be tough sledding getting one out of another collectors hands. It's a great game.

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104906
I’m sure they would sell you one and it’s just over an hour away

As brenna98 wrote, we have plenty of dealers available to assist you. We do not sell direct to the public.

https://www.american-pinball.com/distributors/

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

We do not sell direct to the public.

Great to hear. I think at one point you did both. That’s not a good idea imo.

#1690 3 years ago

My brother’s family got their first ever pinball machine!
They’re having a blast figuring out how it all works.

BC6350CD-E3F6-4A75-A336-C0DCCF123BF7 (resized).jpegBC6350CD-E3F6-4A75-A336-C0DCCF123BF7 (resized).jpeg
#1691 3 years ago

Treasure Hunt cars -
I finally saw at a restaurant a Treasure Hunt car. Is there a setting to get them more frequently on my machine at home? To date since code update have not seen one.
Thanks!

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I just wanted to update here that I installed a new ground loop isolator, and there is no longer a hum/crackle from the speakers. So everything sounds as it should now!

I must have this same issue. I’ve tried to ignore it, but it just sounds bad . What isolator did you buy?

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I must have this same issue. I’ve tried to ignore it, but it just sounds bad . What isolator did you buy?

Make sure the isolator's plugs aren't reversed, the "Out" side of the stock isolator should go into the Lepai amp, not the P4 box. Swapping the cable direction on the stock isolator helped but didn't totally get rid of the buzz/hiss for me, though. I bought one of these which reduced the hiss to just an EMI ticking sound: https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/

A clip-on ferrite bead on the 3.5mm line just before the amp got rid of the ticking noise which was the last of any audio quality problems.

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Sorry to hear your having the same issue. The good news is there are a few solutions!
As mentioned above, first try to reverse the in and out connections on the isolator that came with the pin.
I found that playing with the amp settings also helped a bit.
If you still have issues, American Pinball will work with you to get you a new ground loop isolator.
For me, being in Canada, I didn't want to wait on cross border shipping (not American Pinball's fault that cross border shipping takes so long at this time) so I ordered one off of Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/Smof-Isolator-Eliminate-Buzzing-Completely/dp/B0171PQLB8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#1695 3 years ago

Having an issue since the last update where the top left flasher stays on. first I thought it was a bad transistor but a power cycle turns it off again. Until it lights solid it flashes as expected. Bug?

#1696 3 years ago

Known bug with lights. Sometimes they get stuck on and a power cycle fixes this. I have had several different lights for whatever reason on different days just stay on. Not too big of an issue for me but hope it can be identified and fixed in a code update. I have to admit dealing with American Pinball is amazing. I own JJ, Stern and CGC machines. They are terrible to work with. But Josh at American is great! Keep up the good work!

#1697 3 years ago

Yes - American is very responsive. Count me in on game #4

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - American is very responsive. Count me in on game #4

Yep I think I will go with the next one as well

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Having an issue since the last update where the top left flasher stays on. first I thought it was a bad transistor but a power cycle turns it off again. Until it lights solid it flashes as expected. Bug?

Quoted from pinball2020:

Update- read the release notes - no fix for the LEDs remaining stuck on different colors unless the machine gets rebooted. Not so much an issue now but if a machine goes on location that kind of monkeys with the choreographed light attract modes, right?

Quoted from Ferret:

This is still being analyzed, but it's likely that it will be resolved with a hardware patch, not a software patch.

#1700 3 years ago

TUNE IN TONIGHT at 8:00 pm ET / 7:00 pm CT to view the Hot Wheels Legends Tour Virtual Car Show!

American Pinball's Director of Software Engineering Josh Kugler will make a special appearance to discuss the official Hot Wheels Pinball Machine!

Watch on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hotwheels

Legends Tour (resized).jpgLegends Tour (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.