975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
There are 4,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 85.
#1601 3 years ago

@brenna98, Ticket sent.
Forgot to ask if you could please send some connectors with the strips.

#1602 3 years ago

Wow new code very nice surprise, making a great machine even better looking forward to trying it out tomorrow!!!

#1603 3 years ago

Has anyone added Custom Message art to their game?
I tried making a PNG file at the pixel size explained but it didn't seem to show up.
Is there a more specific format RGB or CMYK, total file size, etc. ???

#1604 3 years ago

A friend just had a crash on location. Here’s the best way he could describe it was:

So I thought I had drained on my last ball but then it started red line mania but the lights and music were out, still got the sounds. After that it wouldn't serve a ball and I tilted it and now it is stuck on enter initials screen and no buttons work

#1605 3 years ago

That all sounds very strange. If it's a location game, I take it the logs are not accessible. Oh well. Was your friend able to power-cycle and get back to normality?

#1607 3 years ago

Good. Very weird symptom report though, right now I can't even imagine what might've gotten the system into a state like that.

#1608 3 years ago

Yeah not the best recount, but figured I’d mention if it was any help at all.

#1609 3 years ago

I'm just gonna put this here.

#1610 3 years ago

Great job on this game. It has found a good home.

20201018_134938.jpg20201018_134938.jpg
#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Great job on this game. It has found a good home.
[quoted image]

That looks like a killer slot set up!
Would love for you to share a pic of it

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

That looks like a killer slot set up!
Would love for you to share a pic of it

Old picture here. A good track cleaning is on the list. Once we clean it up I'll get a better pic.

8be2ecd5a50e44b555fb16c33b87f6d6f113a12f.jpg8be2ecd5a50e44b555fb16c33b87f6d6f113a12f.jpg

#1613 3 years ago

wow nice !

i remember when i was young, mine was in the attic, developed it was 16 meters long...
but yours seems to be much longer

#1614 3 years ago

It's actually scale length 1/4 mile strip in the back, where we can have 4 lane drag racing.

#1615 3 years ago

The attract mode and fanfare light shows are outstanding, it would be great to see a little more of that incorporated into the main game.

It would be awesome if the arrow inserts cycled the individual bulb colors to indicate there is more than one collect on the shot instead of a solid one color flash. For example, a large arrow insert could cycle lighting the first bulb purple, then a wine color for the middle, and red for the third to show there is a battle and loop crash on that shot. Or purple, light blue, and red if there's also an Epic mode running. Not sure if there are more than two mode shots that can stack for the small arrows.

I also feel coordinating the battle mode shot indicator colors to the main battle colors would be helpful for new players (Cobras green, T-Rex red, etc.) instead of all shots being purple. I could see some confusion between loop crash and T-Rex, though. Maybe change loop crash lights to the orange track color?

Playing this game is so much fun, definitely a 2020 sleeper hit!

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

The attract mode and fanfare light shows are outstanding, it would be great to see a little more of that incorporated into the main game.
It would be awesome if the arrow inserts cycled the individual bulb colors to indicate there is more than one collect on the shot instead of a solid one color flash. For example, a large arrow insert could cycle lighting the first bulb purple, then a wine color for the middle, and red for the third to show there is a battle and loop crash on that shot. Or purple, light blue, and red if there's also an Epic mode running. Not sure if there are more than two mode shots that can stack for the small arrows.
I also feel coordinating the battle mode shot indicator colors to the main battle colors would be helpful for new players (Cobras green, T-Rex red, etc.) instead of all shots being purple. I could see some confusion between loop crash and T-Rex, though. Maybe change loop crash lights to the orange track color?
Playing this game is so much fun, definitely a 2020 sleeper hit!

Thank you for the feedback - some good suggestions. I will make sure the design team sees them.

Happy to hear you're enjoying Hot Wheels so far! Forgive me for tooting our own horn, but I agree-- Hot Wheels pinball is among the best games to be released in some time.

If you haven't played Hot Wheels yet, you gotta try it!

#1617 3 years ago

Hey @Caviel, thanks for your thoughts, always really appreciate feedback from players and owners!

Quoted from Flipstream:

I did try this at some point in the development cycle... IMHO the visual effect was kinda muddied when you had up to three different colors shining under the same arrow. It didn't look crisp.

Quoted from Flipstream:

We thought the current implementation would be easier for players to understand... if you've got a big stack going (so lots of lights blinking everywhere) and are looking for the next shot to finish your Battle, you can always just look for the purple lights, instead of having to think through "what creature am I battling right now? OK, Triceratops, and what is his color again?"

Of course, these are all subjective choices, but just giving a little background on the thought process behind our choices.

#1618 3 years ago

Just updated to 20.10.15. Noticed that it seems redline mania has no music. Still has call outs as normal, but very little sound.

#1619 3 years ago

That's not right. Try doing the update again. If you're using the incremental update, try doing the full update instead.

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Just updated to 20.10.15. Noticed that it seems redline mania has no music. Still has call outs as normal, but very little sound.

I had the same thing and did the incremental update. I'll try doing the full and see if that helps.

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I had the same thing and did the incremental update. I'll try doing the full and see if that helps.

I did the incremental update and mine is fine.

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's not right. Try doing the update again. If you're using the incremental update, try doing the full update instead.

Full update corrected my issue . Now have music and sounds during Red Line Mania.

#1623 3 years ago

Since everyone has what they have on the machine for whatever reason, this may be meaningless but I did the incremental update and have - for now - no problems with Redline Mania.

I also downloaded the full update to store off because, why not. You never know in the future when you might need a full update.

#1624 3 years ago

Did the car collecting get tweaked in the latest update? It seems like I was getting more or less the same bunch of cars in the previous version. With the new code, I've gotten lots of new ones that I'd never seen.

Could totally be my imagination, though.

Also, did a full update and Redline Mania works (and sounds) great!

#1625 3 years ago

The location near me bumped the flipper power on their Hot Wheels and it’s much better now! Had a fun game tonight where I saw most of the game. Super fun to build up the rpms them start that scoring booster at the kickback. Had a big victory lap MB using that.

#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The location near me bumped the flipper power on their Hot Wheels and it’s much better now! Had a fun game tonight where I saw most of the game. Super fun to build up the rpms them start that scoring booster at the kickback. Had a big victory lap MB using that.

the Risk/Reward factor of this machine is off the charts. Max out the gears, keep your tach up, start a mode, start Victory/loop Multiball, be collecting Epic features, hit turbo boost and blow the game up. OR get everything set up and drain with checkered flag flashing in your face and you get NOTHING. The more you play it the more you'll appreciate the game.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the Risk/Reward factor of this machine is off the charts. Max out the gears, keep your tach up, start a mode, start Victory/loop Multiball, be collecting Epic features, hit turbo boost and blow the game up. OR get everything set up and drain with checkered flag flashing in your face and you get NOTHING. The more you play it the more you'll appreciate the game.

Yea you will see most of the game pretty quickly but the challenge is getting everything lined up for a huge payday! Those type of games are what keeps me coming back to play.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

for those that had the issue, do you recall what version you were currently on? While it should not have mattered, I would like to know why this did not work for some of you.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

for those that had the issue, do you recall what version you were currently on? While it should not have mattered, I would like to know why this did not work for some of you.

Yes sir, i was actually coming from 20.08.01

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I think I was on 20.08.01 also. I don't think I had put in the September update between. Maybe missing one update mattered somehow. Just a wild ass guess as it looks like Fresh Wax and I had similar or same issue with music and sounds missing from Red Line with the newest code and doing incremental.

All good now though since I went and put in full update last night.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I did try this at some point in the development cycle... IMHO the visual effect was kinda muddied when you had up to three different colors shining under the same arrow. It didn't look crisp.

Interesting, both sequential lighting and simultaneous lighting turned out muddy? I believe you since you messed with it, although the color shifts look great in attract mode so this is a little surprising, even though it's not quite apples to apples.

Maybe I'm just eager to see more of the sequencing capability used since it's fairly unique and it's a neat effect.

Quoted from Ferret:

We thought the current implementation would be easier for players to understand... if you've got a big stack going (so lots of lights blinking everywhere) and are looking for the next shot to finish your Battle, you can always just look for the purple lights, instead of having to think through "what creature am I battling right now? OK, Triceratops, and what is his color again?"

That makes sense, are the colors basically something flashier for pre-start spins? I guess my issue is some lights seem to trump others, like the loop crash light (Maybe epics?) seem to override battle shot indicators. I'm really going to have to record my games, it's hard to look at this stuff and play at the same time!

Quoted from Ferret:

Of course, these are all subjective choices, but just giving a little background on the thought process behind our choices.

As a manager in the customer software support world, I am very impressed with the levels of outreach and customer interaction from API. I appreciate the extra insight, and I hope I'm not coming off overly critical since I am really loving this table.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

That makes sense, are the colors basically something flashier for pre-start spins? I guess my issue is some lights seem to trump others,

We use a combination of rotation and priorities, although the priority part does comes into play very often. So if VLMB is active and the shot is also being used for a battle and is also being used for EPIC, you will see it rotate through those, so something like VLMB, BATTLE, VLMB, EPIC, etc.

Mixing colors within an arrow, can look cool, but makes it hard to pick up what it is. We found that pulsing the leds in the direction of the arrow was a more effective effect. In game play, we want to be sure you know what shots to shoot vs trying to make the RGB LEDs do cool stuff. Obviously on lightshows, and we continue to tweak and add those, we do more lighting effects since it is a bit more about 'eye candy' and 'achievements' vs 'shoot here'.

#1633 3 years ago

wow new code is great. light show is incredible.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Did the car collecting get tweaked in the latest update? It seems like I was getting more or less the same bunch of cars in the previous version. With the new code, I've gotten lots of new ones that I'd never seen.
Could totally be my imagination, though.
Also, did a full update and Redline Mania works (and sounds) great!

Mostly your imagination, the cars themselves have not changed, other than Treasure Hunt cars being more clearly marked as such and now reserved for when a treasure hunt car has been 'found'. As indicated earlier, the Treasure Hunt aspect of car collecting is new.

#1635 3 years ago

Just as a follow up. Did a full update, and all smiles here!

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the Risk/Reward factor of this machine is off the charts.

I'm really interested to see how players will approach this game in match-play competitions. Obviously the advantage of going last is strong with this one if you're going for the outright win, but where do you draw the line for "I just need to beat one or two other people in my foursome"?

Quoted from Flipstream:

Interesting, both sequential lighting and simultaneous lighting turned out muddy?

Definitely could be muddy (depending on specific colors involved) when simultaneously lighting two or more different colors under the same arrow. When setting the chase to only keep one LED on at a time, it wasn't muddy but just looked weird in a different way... kinda jerky, for lack of a better term. IMHO. Not saying that there aren't other solutions that could look good, just that we played with options for awhile and settled on the current implementation as the best combination of looking good and being informative/easy to understand.

Quoted from Flipstream:

As a manager in the customer software support world, I am very impressed with the levels of outreach and customer interaction from API. I appreciate the extra insight, and I hope I'm not coming off overly critical since I am really loving this table.

Thanks for the kind words. You're not being overly critical at all. We really appreciate good honest feedback from our customers. We want to keep making games that people love... the best way we can do that is to keep doing the things people tell us they like, and change course on the things people tell us they don't like.

#1637 3 years ago

Played my first games yesterday. After watching many challenge streams before I got my pin, I was thinking 'Am I that bad'

But the biggest thing I experienced is that the RPM targets ARE the central piece in this game. I did expect it to be well implemented, but it is more than that. And boy, is it hard to keep the meter high With all that multitasking going on a lot of practice is needed to get the right momentum. But.....no worries.....you can first go for individual challenges and enjoy those, before going for the big points.

My kids (daughter is 12 and son is 14 years old) also really enjoyed the pin. Both as the game is visually very attractive and easy to understand. Think we are going to enjoy this pin for al long time

#1638 3 years ago

P.s. dog also likes the new pin

PXL_20201021_134112444 (resized).jpgPXL_20201021_134112444 (resized).jpg
#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

P.s. dog also likes the new pin
[quoted image]

Looking good! Just noticed you live close to Eindhoven. I studied in Maastricht for 6 months a long time ago. I really enjoyed my time in The Netherlands!

#1640 3 years ago

Played my first games yesterday. After watching many challenge streams before I got my pin, I was thinking 'Am I that bad'

some of those streamers are Pinball Mutants, with super powers, so, don't be hard on yourself.

With all that multitasking going on a lot of practice is needed to get the right momentum. But.....no worries.....you can first go for individual challenges and enjoy those, before going for the big points.

Yup, learn and explore the game, the scores will come with time as you figure out when to push the tach and when to use turbo. Good at time to just approach the game as wanting to earn a particular hero car and try to achieve that vs a score.

#1641 3 years ago

Anyone know what style of drop targets are in Hot Wheels? Are they custom for API? They definitely don't look like Stern or Williams style.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Anyone know what style of drop targets are in Hot Wheels? Are they custom for API? They definitely don't look like Stern or Williams style.

PM sent

#1643 3 years ago

Arrived today. Enjoying it so far. One thing to note: If you're making a machine the weight of a baby elephant could you please cut some hand holds in the top?!
Just need to sort the sound out, I believe the hissing is a common thing.

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

One thing to note: If you're making a machine the weight of a baby elephant could you please cut some hand holds in the top?!

Ditto. Hard to dead lift it up without something to grab.

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Just need to sort the sound out, I believe the hissing is a common thing.

Here's a brief rundown on what I did to fix my buzzing and ticking speaker issues:

1. The ground loop isolator was installed backwards between the P3 audio out and the Lepai amp 3.5mm line in. Flipping the isolator around made a noticeable reduction in the buzz volume, but nothing for the ticking.
  2. Next, I replaced the stock isolator with a new Mpow unit from Amazon that fully removed the ground buzz, although it still didn't stop the ticking sound: https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/
  3. Then I attached a ferrite bead (EMI noise suppressor/clip-on magnet) on the wire after the ground loop isolator going into the amp which eliminated the ticking noise. I used the 3.5 mm sized clip out of a set like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Yarachel-50PCS-Noise-Suppressor-Diameter/dp/B0757H1SBZ/
  4. The only audio issue left was some light background noise, like cassette tape hiss for those that remember that sound. To remove the noise I adjusted the Lepai amp settings, mostly turning down the amp volume a little and turned up the table volume via the coin door controls to compensate. This site has a good view of the amp controls since they are hard to read without removing the amp: https://www.parts-express.com/lepai-lp-168ha-21-2x40w-mini-amplifier-1x68w-sub-output--310-308
#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

This site has a good view of the amp controls since they are hard to read without removing the amp:

Pro tip: your smartphone camera — possibly in “selfie” mode (front camera) — makes for an excellent viewer and magnifying glass in tight spaces.

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Pro tip: your smartphone camera — possibly in “selfie” mode (front camera) — makes for an excellent viewer and magnifying glass in tight spaces.

Thanks, I tried, couldn't get it to focus well enough to read the words that close. The front camera additionally mirrored the text which didn't help.

#1648 3 years ago

hello ferret. there are 2 bulletins for hot wheels. one for a plate for ramp to keep ball from going into outlane when it comes down. also one to swap 3 wires on epic led for ser#3050 and down. is ap gonna send the plate kits to owners or is this upon request? also how do i know if my game (ser #3131) needs the 3 wire swap out? thanks for the help!

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

there are 2 bulletins for hot wheels. one for a plate for ramp to keep ball from going into outlane when it comes down. also one to swap 3 wires on epic led for ser#3050 and down. is ap gonna send the plate kits to owners or is this upon request? also how do i know if my game (ser #3131) needs the 3 wire swap out?

Hi @Robotron... the tweak for moonwalking balls is upon request. No reason to get it if your game doesn't have balls coming down the left ramp and moonwalking into the outlane. (e.g. my machine never does this)

You should not need to do any wiring changes on game #3131.

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi Robotron... the tweak for moonwalking balls is upon request. No reason to get it if your game doesn't have balls coming down the left ramp and moonwalking into the outlane. (e.g. my machine never does this)
You should not need to do any wiring changes on game #3131.

just got done playing and scored 7 billion 6.5 on chaos multiball. great game awesome customer service! i really want to add an oktoberfest soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/33?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.