New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264334)

Hot Wheels -- Challenge Accepted!

By rosh

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,627 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Palmer
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 245 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8be2ecd5a50e44b555fb16c33b87f6d6f113a12f.jpg
20201018_134938.jpg
3168AF7D-9754-4344-BD38-E5320952A383 (resized).jpeg
E28A4D77-86E9-4F92-8E2A-B372B906B6FA (resized).jpeg
code_update_hw_20_10_15 (resized).png
PXL_20201011_042019607 (resized).jpg
81664CEB-77E7-4516-B7FC-A50397193643 (resized).jpeg
7E236527-61BD-4D6A-A87C-C35A1D038375 (resized).jpeg
Yes (resized).jpg
62806E3F-1C7F-4A28-9E61-DAD0F9B6EC1E.jpeg
B1324945-0E14-4BE8-B15C-877A6A0D851C (resized).jpeg
8D6ADAB7-1E6C-46D4-BDAB-2D17A5155165 (resized).jpeg
5BCA4CE0-D43B-4FC1-9016-BDF001EA11C4 (resized).jpeg
1B0C1F4E-356C-4E54-B499-FC2198863A36 (resized).jpeg
C22D70E2-A44A-4754-AA6B-FEFD1488AB3B (resized).jpeg
HWfabrics.jpg

There are 1627 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.
#1601 3 days ago

brenna98, Ticket sent.
Forgot to ask if you could please send some connectors with the strips.

#1602 3 days ago

Wow new code very nice surprise, making a great machine even better looking forward to trying it out tomorrow!!!

#1603 3 days ago

Has anyone added Custom Message art to their game?
I tried making a PNG file at the pixel size explained but it didn't seem to show up.
Is there a more specific format RGB or CMYK, total file size, etc. ???

#1604 2 days ago

A friend just had a crash on location. Here’s the best way he could describe it was:

So I thought I had drained on my last ball but then it started red line mania but the lights and music were out, still got the sounds. After that it wouldn't serve a ball and I tilted it and now it is stuck on enter initials screen and no buttons work

#1605 2 days ago

That all sounds very strange. If it's a location game, I take it the logs are not accessible. Oh well. Was your friend able to power-cycle and get back to normality?

#1607 2 days ago

Good. Very weird symptom report though, right now I can't even imagine what might've gotten the system into a state like that.

#1608 2 days ago

Yeah not the best recount, but figured I’d mention if it was any help at all.

#1609 2 days ago

I'm just gonna put this here.

#1610 1 day ago

Great job on this game. It has found a good home.

20201018_134938.jpg
#1611 1 day ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Great job on this game. It has found a good home.
[quoted image]

That looks like a killer slot set up!
Would love for you to share a pic of it

#1612 1 day ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

That looks like a killer slot set up!
Would love for you to share a pic of it

Old picture here. A good track cleaning is on the list. Once we clean it up I'll get a better pic.

8be2ecd5a50e44b555fb16c33b87f6d6f113a12f.jpg

#1613 1 day ago

wow nice !

i remember when i was young, mine was in the attic, developed it was 16 meters long...
but yours seems to be much longer

#1614 1 day ago

It's actually scale length 1/4 mile strip in the back, where we can have 4 lane drag racing.

#1615 22 hours ago

The attract mode and fanfare light shows are outstanding, it would be great to see a little more of that incorporated into the main game.

It would be awesome if the arrow inserts cycled the individual bulb colors to indicate there is more than one collect on the shot instead of a solid one color flash. For example, a large arrow insert could cycle lighting the first bulb purple, then a wine color for the middle, and red for the third to show there is a battle and loop crash on that shot. Or purple, light blue, and red if there's also an Epic mode running. Not sure if there are more than two mode shots that can stack for the small arrows.

I also feel coordinating the battle mode shot indicator colors to the main battle colors would be helpful for new players (Cobras green, T-Rex red, etc.) instead of all shots being purple. I could see some confusion between loop crash and T-Rex, though. Maybe change loop crash lights to the orange track color?

Playing this game is so much fun, definitely a 2020 sleeper hit!

#1616 21 hours ago
Quoted from Caviel:

The attract mode and fanfare light shows are outstanding, it would be great to see a little more of that incorporated into the main game.
It would be awesome if the arrow inserts cycled the individual bulb colors to indicate there is more than one collect on the shot instead of a solid one color flash. For example, a large arrow insert could cycle lighting the first bulb purple, then a wine color for the middle, and red for the third to show there is a battle and loop crash on that shot. Or purple, light blue, and red if there's also an Epic mode running. Not sure if there are more than two mode shots that can stack for the small arrows.
I also feel coordinating the battle mode shot indicator colors to the main battle colors would be helpful for new players (Cobras green, T-Rex red, etc.) instead of all shots being purple. I could see some confusion between loop crash and T-Rex, though. Maybe change loop crash lights to the orange track color?
Playing this game is so much fun, definitely a 2020 sleeper hit!

Thank you for the feedback - some good suggestions. I will make sure the design team sees them.

Happy to hear you're enjoying Hot Wheels so far! Forgive me for tooting our own horn, but I agree-- Hot Wheels pinball is among the best games to be released in some time.

If you haven't played Hot Wheels yet, you gotta try it!

#1617 16 hours ago

Hey Caviel, thanks for your thoughts, always really appreciate feedback from players and owners!

Quoted from Caviel:

I did try this at some point in the development cycle... IMHO the visual effect was kinda muddied when you had up to three different colors shining under the same arrow. It didn't look crisp.

Quoted from Caviel:

We thought the current implementation would be easier for players to understand... if you've got a big stack going (so lots of lights blinking everywhere) and are looking for the next shot to finish your Battle, you can always just look for the purple lights, instead of having to think through "what creature am I battling right now? OK, Triceratops, and what is his color again?"

Of course, these are all subjective choices, but just giving a little background on the thought process behind our choices.

#1618 15 hours ago

Just updated to 20.10.15. Noticed that it seems redline mania has no music. Still has call outs as normal, but very little sound.

#1619 14 hours ago

That's not right. Try doing the update again. If you're using the incremental update, try doing the full update instead.

#1620 14 hours ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Just updated to 20.10.15. Noticed that it seems redline mania has no music. Still has call outs as normal, but very little sound.

I had the same thing and did the incremental update. I'll try doing the full and see if that helps.

#1621 14 hours ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I had the same thing and did the incremental update. I'll try doing the full and see if that helps.

I did the incremental update and mine is fine.

#1622 13 hours ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's not right. Try doing the update again. If you're using the incremental update, try doing the full update instead.

Full update corrected my issue . Now have music and sounds during Red Line Mania.

#1623 13 hours ago

Since everyone has what they have on the machine for whatever reason, this may be meaningless but I did the incremental update and have - for now - no problems with Redline Mania.

I also downloaded the full update to store off because, why not. You never know in the future when you might need a full update.

#1624 13 hours ago

Did the car collecting get tweaked in the latest update? It seems like I was getting more or less the same bunch of cars in the previous version. With the new code, I've gotten lots of new ones that I'd never seen.

Could totally be my imagination, though.

Also, did a full update and Redline Mania works (and sounds) great!

#1625 10 hours ago

The location near me bumped the flipper power on their Hot Wheels and it’s much better now! Had a fun game tonight where I saw most of the game. Super fun to build up the rpms them start that scoring booster at the kickback. Had a big victory lap MB using that.

#1626 2 hours ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The location near me bumped the flipper power on their Hot Wheels and it’s much better now! Had a fun game tonight where I saw most of the game. Super fun to build up the rpms them start that scoring booster at the kickback. Had a big victory lap MB using that.

the Risk/Reward factor of this machine is off the charts. Max out the gears, keep your tach up, start a mode, start Victory/loop Multiball, be collecting Epic features, hit turbo boost and blow the game up. OR get everything set up and drain with checkered flag flashing in your face and you get NOTHING. The more you play it the more you'll appreciate the game.

#1627 1 hour ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the Risk/Reward factor of this machine is off the charts. Max out the gears, keep your tach up, start a mode, start Victory/loop Multiball, be collecting Epic features, hit turbo boost and blow the game up. OR get everything set up and drain with checkered flag flashing in your face and you get NOTHING. The more you play it the more you'll appreciate the game.

Yea you will see most of the game pretty quickly but the challenge is getting everything lined up for a huge payday! Those type of games are what keeps me coming back to play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
6,295 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 6,300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 23.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 1627 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside